Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
I only play SIF. I made the mistake of asking some online friends what the game with the anime girl cards was and now I'm trapped.

I'm at the point where EX songs are too hard, but most Hard songs are getting a bit easy. Nawatobi EX I'm close on but the middle part kills me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh poopy, cracked my phone screen. No more SIF/SS until I get it fixed.

I think I can be okay with not getting the Rin though. Just wanna SS Music START before it leaves.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

New SS event, basically the same as the first except it's a Cool song. Win Ranko(s) for getting enough event points, win Kaede(s) for high ranking.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

New SS event, basically the same as the first except it's a Cool song. Win Ranko(s) for getting enough event points, win Kaede(s) for high ranking.

Nice, those will go nicely with my already full SR cool team while my cute and passion teams continue to languish with a single SR each

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Hopefully this time around I can get into top 40k for song ranking now that I have a 4 SR 1 R team for Cool.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

Polsy posted:

Well poo poo. Better get to playing then.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/statuses/656446445566885888 slightly different tap noises now available if you got the update yesterday, though I'm not a fan of them personally

e: I can see why the 'voice clip on skill activation' is off by default

Polsy fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 20, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Eli's birthday right now in JP, in five or six hours (whenever the day change happens) in EN. Combined with the countdown to martini Hanayo and coincidence of the normal login bonus, it's a good day for loveca.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Is that card going to be JP only?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Is that card going to be JP only?

Were I to guess, EN will get it in a year.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Jaysis, the Nation Blue event in SS is pretty brutal already. Everyone wants the punny Christmas cake.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, I haven't been trying too hard but I'm way behind in the rankings, I'll probably just end up with the Rankos

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I feel like I'm too far behind on the Rin event to get a card :smith: And after burning a bunch of loveca on said event they have a scouting event start up. Damnit game.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I haven't been trying too hard but I'm way behind in the rankings, I'll probably just end up with the Rankos

Probably same. Might see about burning some stamina drinks towards the end because I think I might want a Kaede for the sake of having one.

I should also start pushing some of my N cards to 10k fans so that I can safely practice lesson them away.

clamp down and keep going
Jun 19, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Eli's birthday right now in JP, in five or six hours (whenever the day change happens) in EN. Combined with the countdown to martini Hanayo and coincidence of the normal login bonus, it's a good day for loveca.

I'm excited for Martini Hanayo. Also, this person sent me a friend request but that about me section is the strangest I've seen.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I like steampunk Eli.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'll get some of the fancy SR's one day...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Granted, that's the reward for the current MedFes in JP. ENSIF won't get that for roughly another year.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm probably not even going to get the Run card from the current EN event. What rank do you need to be to pull that off usually, or is just straight dependent on the number of event points? Only want one, don't have enough time in my life to get two.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm probably not even going to get the Run card from the current EN event. What rank do you need to be to pull that off usually, or is just straight dependent on the number of event points? Only want one, don't have enough time in my life to get two.

It's event point dependent only. Token events get a copy at 11k, score match at 25k.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm probably not even going to get the Run card from the current EN event.

Me either and I don't feel like pushing it. For some reason, all of my SRs lately have been either Rin or Hanayo. I just counted and over half of my SRs are Rin or Hanayo.

Also, I finally pulled my first UR... while checking out the one scouting ticket supporting members thing. I got Honoka's mom... who I apparently need yet another UR to actually use. Thanks SIF.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Jesus 11k? Yeah I have 6k. RIP this event card lol.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/statuses/656446445566885888 slightly different tap noises now available if you got the update yesterday, though I'm not a fan of them personally

e: I can see why the 'voice clip on skill activation' is off by default

Also now there's a v. 1.3.0 (on iOS at least, it's a trip to the app store). Now, there are three note skins to choose from, too! Plus, the live settings screen pops up by default now, so you won't forget to change the speed to something sensible (and you can turn that off, too).

As an aside, the second tap sound set is hilarious on a song with lots of swipes. It's like you're playing in a spaceship!

Incidentally, is there anywhere where they've spat out some numbers for how many people are playing? I'm kinda curious just how garbage [i[240,000th[/i] place is, event-wise. I see that there are entries in the 500,000–1,000,000 section, but none in the 1,000,000+, so it's less than a million, but still…

… but hey, 165,000th place score-wise isn't so terrible by comparison! :v:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
http://youtu.be/6X4Zpylulvk

Seems like they're starting on Starlight Stage translations now.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Incidentally, is there anywhere where they've spat out some numbers for how many people are playing? I'm kinda curious just how garbage [i[240,000th[/i] place is, event-wise. I see that there are entries in the 500,000–1,000,000 section, but none in the 1,000,000+, so it's less than a million, but still…

Pretty safe to say if your (and my) total score is in the same range as the daily increase at 20,000th place (per https://twitter.com/deresute_border) you're not doing that great in event terms. There's going to be a huge tail of low-scoring people at the bottom end who aren't really trying to play the event at all, they're just playing casually and picking up points naturally.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 22, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Pretty safe to say if your (and my) total score is in the same range as the daily increase at 20,000th place (per https://twitter.com/deresute_border) you're not doing that great in event terms. There's going to be a huge tail of low-scoring people at the bottom end who aren't really trying to play the event at all, they're just playing casually and picking up points naturally.

There's a sizable population of players who choose to stockpile all their points until the last few days when 4x point gain opens up so that they can just get all their plays done in one lump.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

That also means they have to play much less. I'm thinking next time I'll do exactly this.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

There's a sizable population of players who choose to stockpile all their points until the last few days when 4x point gain opens up so that they can just get all their plays done in one lump.

Yeah, I mostly meant the really low ranked people who haven't cleared more than 20 songs since the event started, but that's true too. It'd be interesting to figure out how much the top 20,000 shifts at that point, it's too bad the data isn't easier to get at.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Getting pretty sick of this game constantly giving me clone SRs instead of new ones so my team hardly grows:

I mean, at least I did get one new idol this time around, and it is pretty whiny of me to complain about a three SR pull...

I just want an SSR of my own...

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

Ah, now that you've said that, those charts make sense to me. Horrible, horrible sense.

Still, that's kinda amazing compared to like, tokyo 7th sisters, where even the vaguest of efforts in an event still nets a rank of like 13k. Even if you say, accidentally deleted your game and ended up restarting from scratch, so you couldn't really do much even if you cared to.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I really appreciate the new update for SS and the fact that we have a speed option before playing. Some of the Master charts were so scrunched together it was hard to read proper. I wish Love Live would get something like this, even if it's just the JP version for now, because it'd make songs like Kokuhaku Biyori EX a tad easier.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Aku posted:

I really appreciate the new update for SS and the fact that we have a speed option before playing. Some of the Master charts were so scrunched together it was hard to read proper. I wish Love Live would get something like this, even if it's just the JP version for now, because it'd make songs like Kokuhaku Biyori EX a tad easier.

The speed options were always there, this update just pulls up the menu for them automatically every time now.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It's neat that we can do it in half increments too (the speed mod), and raising max mod to 10.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

pandaK posted:

The speed options were always there, this update just pulls up the menu for them automatically every time now.

Oh wow, thanks for the clearup. I never knew this, probably could've saved some headaches ahh

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I feel like I'm actually getting better. FC'd Binetsu Kara Mystery EX on my first try when that song murdered me during Score Match when it hits that certain part. And *nearly* FC'd Soldier Game EX except for one good on an easy part. :argh: But at least I know it's doable.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Anyone know what the prize card for the upcoming Score Match will be?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

squidflakes posted:

Anyone know what the prize card for the upcoming Score Match will be?

Jewelry Eli

http://schoolido.lu/events/Score%20Match%20Round%2014/

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

halokiller posted:

I feel like I'm actually getting better. FC'd Binetsu Kara Mystery EX on my first try when that song murdered me during Score Match when it hits that certain part. And *nearly* FC'd Soldier Game EX except for one good on an easy part. :argh: But at least I know it's doable.

The lasers or the wave? I'm assuming wave.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Holy poo poo, that site is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I have a new bookmark. Also while I love the poo poo out of Eli, this particular card might not warrant a hard rush for it over the weekend (which is good because Blade & Soul is this weekend).