Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Blast Fantasto posted:

In 2k15 you go in to the numbered contender list, press X or something and you can reorder the rankings. I did it dozens of times.

As long as the champ isn't currently in a feud it will book them against whoever you chose to be #1
Sort of. If there wasn't a title feud the AI would set up a #1 contendership match (usually a multiman) on the go-home show for whatever PPV it was. Sometimes it wasn't even #1-3, you'd have 4 or 6 in there, usually because either the other ranked workers were in existing feuds or the AI in its wisdom put them in a random undercard match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dishwasher posted:

Yep: I suggest as many as possible wait til that Black Friday sale to see what the deal truly is. Don't get this poo poo on day one. You might just become part of the problem.

The Scoop Man says they didn't send out review copies which basically guarantees this game is a turd and 2K knows it.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
What time does the digital preorder unlock?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

gypsyshred posted:

What time does the digital preorder unlock?

Like midnight eastern I think

Luigi Thirty posted:

The Scoop Man says they didn't send out review copies which basically guarantees this game is a turd and 2K knows it.

Has anyone ever gotten review copies of the WWE game? I mean, it's not exactly a major series, and I can't remember any time I saw reviews of it that were before launch other than 'I got a leaked copy here's the poo poo'.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like midnight eastern I think

Has anyone ever gotten review copies of the WWE game? I mean, it's not exactly a major series, and I can't remember any time I saw reviews of it that were before launch other than 'I got a leaked copy here's the poo poo'.

I got review copies from them for years when I wrote game reviews for a newspaper's website, though more often than not they hosed up the shipping and I would only get them the day before, the day of release, or in some cases, several days later which was pretty goddamn annoying.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Some larger sites and magazines do still get review copies, but last year (and this year, it seems) even they didn't get them until the day of release.

There's also been a severe lack of playable builds at public events where other 2K games have been, which is also a classic red flag of a game being crap.

Don't preorder this poo poo. Ever. Preordering does not benefit you in any way. It only guarantees you get to pay full price for a product that, as far as you or anybody else knows, is sub-par to downright turd. Shops are not going to run out of stock. PS. And Live aren't going to suddenly pull the download at midnight of day 1. You have nothing to lose by waiting at least three or four days for reviews to come out. Preorders only exist to serve the publisher and perpetuate half-arsed development cycles.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

Don't preorder this poo poo. Ever. Preordering does not benefit you in any way. It only guarantees you get to pay full price for a product that, as far as you or anybody else knows, is sub-par to downright turd. Shops are not going to run out of stock. PS. And Live aren't going to suddenly pull the download at midnight of day 1. You have nothing to lose by waiting at least three or four days for reviews to come out. Preorders only exist to serve the publisher and perpetuate half-arsed development cycles.

On the other hand, if you're a Gamer's Club member at Best Buy, they give you 20% off new games and a lot of times give you a $10 reward certificate if you do preorder, so you're essentially paying $38 for a new game and getting it on release. Then if you decide to trade it in, you can usually get around $30 or $35 dollars for it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What if I want to play as Arnold the robit though?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

What if I want to play as Arnold the robit though?

It's a powerful urge

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Codependent Poster posted:

On the other hand, if you're a Gamer's Club member at Best Buy, they give you 20% off new games and a lot of times give you a $10 reward certificate if you do preorder, so you're essentially paying $38 for a new game and getting it on release. Then if you decide to trade it in, you can usually get around $30 or $35 dollars for it.

On the other hand

Ha ha no.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No he's right you're wrong

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm planning on waiting after release and watching extended streams/videos and seeing how repetitive MyCareer gets when you actually get into the main sequence of your career. Also how many bugs there are.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm buying it tomorrow cause I dint give a gently caress and look forward to posting videos of how buggy and terrible it is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

super macho dude posted:

I'm buying it tomorrow cause I dint give a gently caress and look forward to posting videos of how buggy and terrible it is.

I got no shame, I probably got swindled.

I almost certainly got swindled.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
Also there's no Eddie Guerrero for some reason.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
gotta say the lack of title match option put me on the side of not buying. I thought everything else was perfect but they messed with universe and that's the only mode I really care about.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I'll freely admit that I preordered just because Ken Shamrock is in the game and it's time to make some fools tap.

Also my last wrestling game was WWE '12 so I'm about due for a new game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I'm getting it just based on the fact I can make big head freaks and thats enough for me :unsmith:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

GenericMartini posted:

gotta say the lack of title match option put me on the side of not buying. I thought everything else was perfect but they messed with universe and that's the only mode I really care about.

I was totally on the fence, hemming and hawing over whether or not to get it, and that's the thing that said "no buys".

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'll definitely pick it up, though I learned my lesson last year and I'm waiting until it drops to $40 on Black Friday.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Why the gently caress can't you commission a title match in a game that exists to let you pretend wrestleman?

HOW IS THAT NOT THE FIRST GODDAMN THING IN?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

bloodysabbath posted:

Why the gently caress can't you commission a title match in a game that exists to let you pretend wrestleman?

2K17 bullet point feature.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If anyone is curious about the game, newLEGACYinc will be streaming if at midnight right here.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

bloodysabbath posted:

One step forward, two steps back - the yukes motto

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Davros1 posted:

I was totally on the fence, hemming and hawing over whether or not to get it, and that's the thing that said "no buys".

It's simply messing with the universe mode and taking stuff out of it that makes me not want to play it. The universe mode was pretty dull last game and things were looking good and easy poo poo like that being taken out just doesn't want me to even bother with it. It's gonna be a bad game but I could ignore it if the Universe went back to being like it was in 14 with added features but eh. I'll wait next year

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 27, 2015

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
e: DISREGARD THIS, 2k just programmed the selection screen weird

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
30 minutes post-release, nL is having a Money in the Bank featuring Baron Corbin, Eva Marie, and D'Lo Brown

GOTY

e: GOTY status revoked, the game refused to let them go past the selection screen

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Nevermind, you can't do men vs women, they just teased you with it.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

dsriggs posted:

So you can do men vs women in 2k16.

That's... uhh... interesting.

Couldn't you do this in the old PS era games? If someone wants to CAW Rousey and make her world champ it's no skin off my back.

(Of course they will patch this out.)

Edit: Welp.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I wasn't looking but apparently they got their first glitch just over 30 minutes in.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They have Spanish Announce Tables now, except no one is actually sitting at the table.

E: This ring is far too small for six people and four ladders.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 27, 2015

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
You can break ladders.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I dont remember, do these games have an option to increase the speed?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Game seems as broken as usual

dsriggs posted:

You can break ladders.

Something that was in an older game

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

D'Lo landed on a ladder and proceeded to have a spasm on it and not get up.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JBL barely says anything, which is actually a mark in favor of the game really.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm like 95% sure they only recorded Jibble lines for new guys.

edit: maybe the Steve Austins. Maybe.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Meng lifted up a ladder with his face.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Testekill posted:

Meng lifted up a ladder with his face.

His years of barfighting helping him out yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I like that Stardust gets more counters than Big Cass.