Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ariel just tweeted that Vitor is no longer going to appear on his show because his reps called up and asked an hour before the show for him not to ask certain questions. Ariel said he can't do it so Vitor pulled out.

Ducking him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ariel just tweeted that Vitor is no longer going to appear on his show because his reps called up and asked an hour before the show for him not to ask certain questions. Ariel said he can't do it so Vitor pulled out.

Classic Vitor

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ariel was going to ask him to commit to either being a lion or dinosaur not both.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He won't talk about the questions on twitter and said he'll explain on his show. I'm not going to listen, but if someone can I'd appreciate it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
That would mean I'd have to sit through 3 hours of Ariel Helwani and, well, nope.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Must be a new rep, the old one knew none of Vitor's answers are coherent enough to be understood, much less get him in trouble.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

True story one time Vitor ducked a Sherdog Radio interview and someone in his management got Ed Soares to impersonate Vitor for the whole thing.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the questions probably relate to Josh Gross' article and it's probably his wife again just like when he did a rambling interview about how he decided he was a wine maker and training was smashing grapes to make bordeaux, which is Vitor Belfort wine because it's old and expensive http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/14/5714656/vitor-belfort-doesnt-think-surprise-drug-test-will-stop-him-from

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

1st AD posted:

That would mean I'd have to sit through 3 hours of Ariel Helwani and, well, nope.

There's absolutely not a chance in hell Helwani let's a fighter slighting him sit that long.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I mean I guess I could understand Vitor not wanting to talk about the UFC 152 stuff, but that was years ago so who gives a poo poo, and at what point does Vitor or any of his reps believe that people aren't aware that he's a cheat.. or.

Vitor Belfort has already been tested 3 times randomly by USADA before the Hendo fight (one way out of competition and two recently). So like, why would Vitor even get a poo poo about drug testing stuff anymore? He could just say he's doing the testing now and everything else was the past.

I hope Dan Henderson punches him. for real this time

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
i wouldn't want to be asked why I don't have a beard by Ariel either, so good for Vitor

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

I mean I guess I could understand Vitor not wanting to talk about the UFC 152 stuff, but that was years ago so who gives a poo poo, and at what point does Vitor or any of his reps believe that people aren't aware that he's a cheat.. or.

Vitor Belfort has already been tested 3 times randomly by USADA before the Hendo fight (one way out of competition and two recently). So like, why would Vitor even get a poo poo about drug testing stuff anymore? He could just say he's doing the testing now and everything else was the past.

I hope Dan Henderson punches him. for real this time

Vitor gets bent way out of shape when people point out that he's a cheater, like when he asked the crowd to beat up a journalist at a press conference or whatever that was. He will always give a poo poo because he lives in an alternate reality of his own creation

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
to be fair john morgan should get beat up for wearing that bright blue shirt at every event since i'm forced to recognize him

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

to be fair john morgan should get beat up for wearing that bright blue shirt at every event since i'm forced to recognize him

It's really bad when you see him at all the major shows sitting in press row with his dumb polos.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the questions probably relate to Josh Gross' article and it's probably his wife again

this was 100% what it was, by the way.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Mr. Nice! posted:

My client refuses to answer the following questions
1. Do you like me?
2. Do we have beef?
3. Hey... Do you think I'm ok?
4. Want to be friends?
5. Why won't you follow me on Twitter?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Work Friend Keven posted:

1. Do you like me?
2. Do we have beef?
4. Want to be friends?

I didn't know Vitor was applying for a job with NSAC.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Dana still refusing to address reality outside of his bubble

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...the-planet.html

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
its almost like dana doesn't want to throw his main sponsor that gives him a bunch of money under the bus

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
under a bus is one of the places it wouldve been better for reebok to put their ads

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

1. Do you like me?
2. Do we have beef?
4. Want to be friends?

Lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

this was 100% what it was, by the way.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:drat:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I think Uncle Creepy just retired

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Vitor gets bent way out of shape when people point out that he's a cheater, like when he asked the crowd to beat up a journalist at a press conference or whatever that was. He will always give a poo poo because he lives in an alternate reality of his own creation

Yeah I mean like Nick Diaz is retarded and lives in his own reality but he seems to have some conception of what's going on around him. Vitor just kinda gets shot up with steroids, wheeled out in front of an audience, beats the poo poo out of people and then rambles about non-sequiters.

I'll give him a bit of slack on the insanity because of what happened to his sister, but the dude's not all there.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Remember when hendo juiced just like Vitor and nobody cared

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dangersim posted:

Yeah but Dan Henderson was open about it so it makes it better because... reasons.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Someone post those drug test results that Vitor doctored and then offered up as evidence he was clean. I laughed so hard that day.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Yeah but Dan Henderson was open about it so it makes it better because... reasons.

Vitor denied he was cheating and denied that he received any benefits from said cheating, our society accepts mea culpas quite readily, and Vitor never came close to making one, case solved.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

EmmyOk posted:

Ariel was going to ask him to commit to either being a lion or dinosaur not both.

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

"Just like"

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Stolen from reddit:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The finest fighter photoshop is forever

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

-Atom- posted:

Dan was like I do TRT to keep up with the young guns, but not too much cause then I'm actually worse at fighting.

Vitor was like IT IS NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS WHAT THE DOCTORS TELL ME TO PUT IN MY BODY WHICH IS ALLOWED WHICH MEANS NOBODY SHOULD BE ABLE TO KNOW IF I AM EVEN TAKING THESE MEDICINES OR NOT BUT IF I WAS IT WOULD BE NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS AS ITS A PRIVATE MEDICAL MATTER AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PERFORMANCES

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
New Jersey is going to experiment with a new judging protocol for a local MMA promotion this weekend.

The fights will be judged as normal with 3 judges around the cage, but they are also going to put 3 judges in a soundproof room in the back of the arena, watching the fights on a muted TV and compare how they score to the cageside judges. No crowd noise, no commentary, and superior viewing angles on TV vs obstructed views cageside may produce more accurate scores..

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

tesilential posted:

Dan was like I do TRT to keep up with the young guns, but not too much cause then I'm actually worse at fighting.

Vitor was like IT IS NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS WHAT THE DOCTORS TELL ME TO PUT IN MY BODY WHICH IS ALLOWED WHICH MEANS NOBODY SHOULD BE ABLE TO KNOW IF I AM EVEN TAKING THESE MEDICINES OR NOT BUT IF I WAS IT WOULD BE NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS AS ITS A PRIVATE MEDICAL MATTER AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PERFORMANCES
Dan also still looked and fought like Post-Peak Dan Henderson while on TRT, as opposed to SSJ3 Vitor throwing insane spin kicks and almost snapping JBJ's arm like a twig. Then after TRT, Hendo looks pretty much the same while Vitor is very much not the same. The amount of testosterone being used was clearly orders of magnitude different.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Northjayhawk posted:

New Jersey is going to experiment with a new judging protocol for a local MMA promotion this weekend.

The fights will be judged as normal with 3 judges around the cage, but they are also going to put 3 judges in a soundproof room in the back of the arena, watching the fights on a muted TV and compare how they score to the cageside judges. No crowd noise, no commentary, and superior viewing angles on TV vs obstructed views cageside may produce more accurate scores..

That's pretty interesting. The muted TV thing should ideally just be a commentaryless feed with the ring microphones so they can still hear the fight though. Might be a bit hard for a small league to do though.

I imagine they wouldn't get too much crowd noise too from ring mics only.

Anything to improve MMA judging is good though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 26, 2015

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I wish they would put Ariel Helwani in a soundproof room

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

MMA judging hasn't seemed that bad this year to me. couple of weird scorecards but nothing that caused any major controversy. Dariush vs Johnson might be the only one and even then the argument was there for Dariush to get the nod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Looking at Condit's website he may now be rocking a top-knot, be still my beating heart.

• Locked thread