Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Eonwe posted:

ultimately it doesnt matter what server we are on tho, so zemy whatever is okay

i would rather avoid the large communities so its possible to play but all my friends keep telling me zemy is the unofficial br server choice. either way its probably going to be a poo poo show on day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
They will be squeezing 150,000 people into three servers. Please understand they will all be completely full of brasilians, russians and australians.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

pertinent posted:

They will be squeezing 150,000 people into three servers. Please understand they will all be completely full of brasilians, russians and australians.

And me. :q:

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

pertinent posted:

Overcrowded servers? Sounds like Ragnarok first open beta already. I miss those days.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
If anyone has a spare key, I'd love to cash in my nostalgia for RO for some beta antics.

So many memories of searching the Prontera sewers for monster cards...

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

wfwon posted:

Overcrowded servers? Sounds like Ragnarok first open beta already. I miss those days.

same, i'm hoping to relive that spectacle through this

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The first beta had like 15k sign ups so I bet they were expecting like 30k at most.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i got a lot of poo poo to do by wednesday so by the time i finish up wednesday i can't wait to not be able to log in and not play this piece of poo poo all day :downs:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Here's a list of trap skills and wierd interactions I picked up when digging through the official forums to sate my sperg, feel free to add or correct anything.

:science:Wizard:
-Energy Bolt and Earthquake mana cost scales up way faster than other base class actives. Leave at 1 or 3 if you feel like you're running out of mana too quickly.
-Surecast is way less useful than the RO counterpart because the majority of skills are instant cast and because the wizard class is really bad at actually killing things, why would you subject yourself to more of that? Might be used for some mlg 360 pvp builds but should generally be avoided.
-Quickcast see Surecast.

Cryo:
-Ice Blast had no cooldown and didn't have a chance to unfreeze in the previous beta, then they nerfed it a bunch and didn't change the damage so it's extremely bad now.

Pyro:
-Flare see Ice Blast.
-Enchant Fire is bad but maybe worth a point for the attribute, idk.
-Fire Wall isn't amazing, but you might as well dump extra points in it after getting 5 in Fireball and Flame Ground, if you aren't going to go for c2.

Psychokino:
-Teleport has a cast time and the direction is only random if you don't hold down a direction when it casts.

Elementalist:
-Prominence has randomized wander and is more likely to gently caress off in some random direction than kill the pack you cast it on. The reduced wander radius attribute doesn't really help.
-Petrify reduces damage the mob takes to 1/10.

Chronomancer:
-Reincarnate doesn't work on bosses

Necromancer/Sorcerer:
-Pet AI kinda sucks right now.

:hist101:Swordsman:
-Gung Ho is sweet early on but falls off later unless you invest in the attribute because you're limited to 5 buff slots unless you party with a Krivis.
-Concentrate is rear end currently. Less damage than Gung Ho unless you buy a bunch of levels in it's attribute and you run out in a couple of swings if you hit more than one mob because every damage instance uses a charge. Priest's Blessing had the same issue earlier but imc buffed the charge count massively.
-Pain Barrier doesn't resist a bunch of cc effects and scales very poorly with levels but probably worth getting a single point.
-Pommel Beat and Double Slash are bad even when procing the extra damage on stunned/bleeding mobs.

Peltasta:
-Guardian is really bad since you lose out on Gung Ho, defense is flat reduction and the damage penalty scales faster than the defense buff, but with the attribute giving +18% to your evasion stat, it might be worth getting a single point? I'll try it for my build.
-High Guard gives 240 block at 15 but you can get way over 1000 without it later in the game. I'm not sure whether the attack reduction applies to your total damage or just the Attack stat and 330% stronger Umbo Blow and Rim Blow might look tempting, but -100 crit reduction is about 40% worth of crit so it looks kind of rear end especially for the point investment needed.

Barbarian:
-Embowel, Stomping Kick and Giant Swing are left over unchanged from older builds when barbs still had some insane self buffs which got removed so get Cleave, Helm Chopper and Seism instead.

Rodelero:
-All your c1 skills get good cc effects but damage scales like rear end for everything except Montanto and Targe Smash.

Hoplite:
-Stabbing might look weak but it hits 20 loving times, but you probably need a setup to get all those hits onto mobs. Pretty much the defining Hoplite ability.
-Long Stride has a cast time, people generally only get a single point in it I think.

Catapract:
-You're limited in what skills you can use while mounted. Don't know much about them tbh, go bother Silento.

Doppelsoeldner:
-Punish requires knockdown
-Not sure whether Deeds of Valor increases total outgoing damage or just the Attack stat and whether it procs on block/evade.

:catholic:Cleric:
-Clerics are pretty decent for a base class, but c2 and c3 skills are kinda lackluster.
-Heal scales much better with the target's hp than int if you use it for the healing so stacking int isn't mandatory for a support build.
-Cure has poo poo base damage, limited charges and the tick rate attribute is gated behind c2. One point is good but not worth more unless you're stacking int.
-Safety Zone is good but the range on it is very small
-Divine Might is bad, you get +1 to the skill level of your 1-10 next skills depending on the level.

Krivis:
-Aukuras is not very good. Your hp regen ticks every 20 secs in combat so ~100 hp every 17-13 seconds is bad and doesn't get much better with the paladin regen skill. Might be used to quickly regen hp out of combat but that's a very marginal niche when you're already straped for points because the rest of your kit is amazing.
-Melstis is weird, you channel for up to 20 sec and drains 5% mana/sec to create an area that freezes the timer on every buff and debuff. Doesn't seem like extra points after the first change anything.
-Don't put just a single point in Daino, because it takes up a buff slot itself.

Priest:
-Aspersion is really good due to the % def buff.
-Monstrance dex buff is 16 dex iirc and doesn't scale with extra points
-Blessing procs the damage and uses a charge on every mob hit and on extra damage instances from elemental damage buffs (see Sacrament).
-There doesn't seem to be a death penalty besides gear durability so Resurection doesn't seem as useful as it could be but still probably nice to have.
-Sacrement is pretty bad, but a point is useful to proc extra Blessing charges because elemental buffs apply their damage as a seperate hit.
-Revive is a self cast soulstone.
-Mass Heal scales well with your hp pool.
-Exorcise is bad, the damage isn't amazing and range is small.
-Stone skin is good but doesn't work on party members that aren't wearing a shield.

Bokor:
-Pet AI sucks currently.

Dievdirbys:
-Vakarine isn't worth getting more than a point or two in, it's utility is saving 5k silver on a warp scroll.
-Austras Koks worked on bosses in the previous betas.
-Zemina apparently also increases cleave range.

Sadhu:
-Out of Body gives you really fast autoattack while in spirit form that scales off of int, your defense is reduced to 0 but you get some bonus avoid. Enemies will beeline to your body when you draw aggro. The spirit autoattack gets a damage bonus if you touch a Monstrance or Zalcai field regardless of the field's level. You can cast spells while in spirit form but they're cast from your body. There's a bunch of weird skill interactions with this in general.
-Vashita Siddhi is channeled, not sure how good it is.
-Possession

Paladin:
-Smite scales off str.
-Restoration is kinda bad since hp/sp regen ticks so rarely, see Aukuras, except the being stretched for points part.
-Conviction only hits a single target.

I don't really know much about archers beyond that it's actually worth getting c2 and/or c3 in their base class wow!

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 26, 2015

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
if anyone is still desperate for a key you can try here for a slim chance, it requires making an account with e-mail confirmation and posting in a thread

http://www.tosbase.com/news/219/iCBT2-Key-Giveaway/

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Godspeed to everyone signing up with their email to the site that got hacked not too long ago! Remember to check your emails real hard in case the fake site messages you.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Arzachel posted:

Here's a list of trap skills/dumb poo poo I picked up when digging through the official forums to sate my sperg, feel free to add or correct anything.

I'll do cleric a bit later and I don't really know much about archers beyond that it's actually worth getting c2 and/or c3 in their base class wow!

Thanks mate. Cool info. Yeah! +1

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dackel posted:

Godspeed to everyone signing up with their email to the site that got hacked not too long ago! Remember to check your emails real hard in case the fake site messages you.

lol make sure to use the same password for your gmail account as your roulette account

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Arzachel posted:

Here's a list of trap skills/dumb poo poo I picked up when digging through the official forums to sate my sperg, feel free to add or correct anything.
Chronomancer:
Whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kylra posted:

Whhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

thats hosed man

at least make it like a percentage to fail for bosses or something

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Quote is not edit.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Arzachel posted:

Wizard:
-Energy Bolt and Earthquake mana cost scales up way too fast with extra points and the damage is poo poo. Leave at 1 or 3 if you absolutely want the attributes for some reason.
-Surecast is way less useful than the RO counterpart because the majority of skills are instant cast and because the wizard class is really bad at actually killing things, why would you subject yourself to more of that? Might be used for some mlg 360 pvp builds but should generally be avoided.
-Quickcast see Surecast.

Cryo:
-Ice Blast had no cooldown and didn't have a chance to unfreeze in the previous beta, then they nerfed it a bunch and didn't change the damage so it's extremely bad now.

Pyro:
-Flare see Ice Blast.
-Enchant Fire is bad but maybe worth a point for the attribute, idk.
-Fire Wall isn't amazing, but you might as well dump extra points in it after getting 5 in Fireball and Flame Ground, if you aren't going to go for c2.

Psychokino:
-Teleport has a cast time and the direction is only random if you don't hold down a direction when it casts.

Elementalist:
-Prominence has randomized wander and is more likely to gently caress off in some random direction than kill the pack you cast it on. The reduced wander radius attribute doesn't really help.
-Petrify reduces damage the mob takes to 1/10.

Chronomancer:

Necromancer/Sorcerer:
-Pet AI kinda sucks right now.

Swordsman:
-Gung Ho is sweet early on but falls off later unless you invest in the attribute because you're limited to 5 buff slots unless you party with a Krivis.
-Concentrate is rear end currently. Less damage than Gung Ho unless you buy a bunch of levels in it's attribute and you run out in a couple of swings if you hit more than one mob because every damage instance uses a charge. Priest's Blessing had the same issue earlier but imc buffed the charge count massively.
-Pain Barrier doesn't resist a bunch of cc effects and scales very poorly with levels but probably worth getting a single point.
-Pommel Beat and Double Slash are bad even when procing the extra damage on stunned/bleeding mobs.

Peltasta:
-Guardian is really bad since you lose out on Gung Ho, defense is flat reduction and the damage penalty scales faster than the defense buff, but with the attribute giving +18% to your evasion stat, it might be worth getting a single point? I'll try it for my build.
-High Guard gives 240 block at 15 but you can get way over 1000 without it later in the game. I'm not sure whether the attack reduction applies to your total damage or just the Attack stat and 330% stronger Umbo Blow and Rim Blow might look tempting, but -100 crit reduction is about 40% worth of crit so it looks kind of rear end especially for the point investment needed.

Barbarian:
-Embowel, Stomping Kick and Giant Swing are left over unchanged from older builds when barbs still had some insane self buffs which got removed so get Cleave, Helm Chopper and Seism instead.

Rodelero:
-All your c1 skills get good cc effects but damage scales like rear end for everything except Montanto and Targe Smash.

Hoplite:
-Stabbing might look weak but it hits 20 loving times, but you probably need a setup to get all those hits onto mobs. Pretty much the defining Hoplite ability.
-Long Stride has a cast time, people generally only get a single point in it I think.

Catapract:
-You're limited in what skills you can use while mounted. Don't know much about them tbh, go bother Silento.

Doppelsoeldner:
-Punish requires knockdown
-Not sure whether Deeds of Valor increases total outgoing damage or just the Attack stat and whether it procs on block/evade.

Cleric:
-Clerics are pretty decent for a base class, but c2 and c3 skills are kinda lackluster.
-Heal scales much better with the target's hp than int if you use it for the healing so stacking int isn't mandatory for a support build.
-Cure has poo poo base damage, limited charges and the tick rate attribute is gated behind c2. One point is good but not worth more unless you're stacking int.
-Safety Zone is good but the range on it is very small
-Divine Might is bad, you get +1 to the skill level of your 1-10 next skills depending on the level.

Krivis:
-Aukuras is not very good. Your hp regen ticks every 20 secs in combat so ~100 hp every 17-13 seconds is bad and doesn't get much better with the paladin regen skill. Might be used to quickly regen hp out of combat but that's a very marginal niche when you're already straped for points because the rest of your kit is amazing.
-Melstis is weird, you channel for up to 20 sec and drains 5% mana/sec to create an area that freezes the timer on every buff and debuff. Doesn't seem like extra points after the first change anything.
-Don't put just a single point in Daino, because it takes up a buff slot itself.

Priest:
-Aspersion is really good due to the % def buff.
-Monstrance dex buff is 16 dex iirc and doesn't scale with extra points
-Blessing procs the damage and uses a charge on every mob hit and on extra damage instances from elemental damage buffs (see Sacrament).
-There doesn't seem to be a death penalty besides gear durability so Resurection doesn't seem as useful as it could be but still probably nice to have.
-Sacrement is pretty bad, but a point is useful to proc extra Blessing charges because elemental buffs apply their damage as a seperate hit.
-Revive is a self cast soulstone.
-Mass Heal scales well with your hp pool.
-Exorcise is bad, the damage isn't amazing and range is small.
-Stone skin is good but doesn't work on party members that aren't wearing a shield.

I'll do cleric a bit later and I don't really know much about archers beyond that it's actually worth getting c2 and/or c3 in their base class wow!

It sounds like everything is bad

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Looks like archers are gonna own

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Countblanc posted:

It sounds like everything is bad

I started the post as a list for trap skills but ended up listing all the weird or unmentioned skill interactions too. Some things are good!!!

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Looks like archers are gonna own

always bet on duke archer

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Fair warning, if you're a wizard and you're not putting points in to something like Earthquake or Energy Bolt, you're going to have a really bad time in the early game. There isn't really anything else worth putting a lot of points in to at that level anyway. I'm probably just going to dump whatever points I have in to them just to get through content. I'm hopeful there will be a skill reset available later on anyway.

For anyone interested, this is what the scaling on the various levels of those two skills looked like in CBT1. Don't have mana values, but mana wasn't really an issue anyway (even with SPI as a total trap stat with horrid scaling). You could buy pots to take care of mana issues up until level 40-50.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

There's only one server option now; Laima. If the other options come back we're still going to roll on Zemyna, but if not just roll on whatever the only server is I guess.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Is there going to be a Mumble server that people are going to be on?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Uhh... quote is not edit. Oops!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

Is there going to be a Mumble server that people are going to be on?

Grunty's mumble!

mumble.boner.io
default port
no pass

Silento fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 26, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Gearman posted:

Fair warning, if you're a wizard and you're not putting points in to something like Earthquake or Energy Bolt, you're going to have a really bad time in the early game. There isn't really anything else worth putting a lot of points in to at that level anyway. I'm probably just going to dump whatever points I have in to them just to get through content. I'm hopeful there will be a skill reset available later on anyway.

For anyone interested, this is what the scaling on the various levels of those two skills looked like in CBT1. Don't have mana values, but mana wasn't really an issue anyway (even with SPI as a total trap stat with horrid scaling). You could buy pots to take care of mana issues up until level 40-50.

~100% more damage for ~100% more sp. Worse than the other base class skills but it's not so bad I guess.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Silento posted:

Grunty's mumble!

mumble.boner.io
default port
no pass

Guild leader has demanded we change mumble servers to use his. He's probably spying on us or something, idk

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.

Silento posted:

Guild leader has demanded we change mumble servers to use his. He's probably spying on us or something, idk

Slack integrations are the new meta

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

It says boner so I'm in

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So what early skills are actually worth taking as a Swordsman? I'm shooting for Hoplite and eventually Squire probably (may do something else for beta idk), but apparently most of the swordsman options are bunk

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Countblanc posted:

So what early skills are actually worth taking as a Swordsman? I'm shooting for Hoplite and eventually Squire probably (may do something else for beta idk), but apparently most of the swordsman options are bunk

Thrust and Bash are both good if you can handle the increased sp cost, a point in Pain Barrier at some point and 4 or 5 points in Gung Ho.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Arzachel posted:

I started the post as a list for trap skills but ended up listing all the weird or unmentioned skill interactions too. Some things are good!!!

Can anyone from the CBT1 tell us what classes they liked and had fun with? Your list was really cool for helping to know what to avoid though, thanks.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I'll be going MLG deeps Bowman. Archer c2, Ranger c2, Fletcher c2 or possibly Archer c1, Ranger c3, Fletcher c2. Lots of low or zero cooldown spam skill. Effect-based high damage arrows with 3s cooldowns. Oh yes.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
I registered an account, but I guess I forgot to actually sign up for a key. Anyone have an extra one?

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
I could use a spare key too if anyone just happens to get/have one.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol what is this mess of a game

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

lol what is this mess of a game

A game where you collect all the anime hats you can hold.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

rizzen posted:

A game where you collect all the anime hats you can hold.

http://www.teamfortress.com/ ?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

It's the spiritual successor to RO really, which was the original hat collector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

rizzen posted:

It's the spiritual successor to RO really, which was the original hat collector.

I know, that's why I'm playing.

I just link TF2 anytime anyone says HAT COLLECTOR like it's an insult. it's a joke

• Locked thread