Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gilganixon posted:

There's one thing I forgot - the Captain is in really bad shape and if he dies it's game over. There are two ways to restore health - spend 10 ENERGY to recover each wound, or eat the valet to regain all of them. We could also do neither and just hope we don't get shot at before some kindly alien patches the Captain up out of the goodness of its hearts.

We have a crap normal crewman for a Valet right now, don't we? Eat that sumbitch and get beefy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

Slaves, Mintaka, max speed no crystal

And then also eat the valet.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Isn't the valet useless till we reach the next system? Eat him and replace him and start fresh in the next system.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hogge Wild posted:

Slaves, Mintaka, max speed no crystal

This and eat the useless valet.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
This valet we have is pretty cool, though. I'd rather just steal energy from the ship. We've always found a way to scoop some more up.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Asterios posted:

This valet we have is pretty cool, though. I'd rather just steal energy from the ship. We've always found a way to scoop some more up.

I think Energy and Wounds are two different stats. That's the issue, we have energy, but we're hurt.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Eat the valet, situations like the one we're in now is what that ability is FOR

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
In trying times like this the only answer for our Smashman Captain is too eat the Eggs (with a side of Valet).

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Asterios posted:

Think about the rare honour that is being at the captain's table, only a very special crewman such as 'Fiveaces' will do!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Think about the rare honour that is being at the captain's table, only a very special crewman such as 'Fiveaces' will do!

Damnit, I forgot that's who the Valet is. Let's use energy to regenerate wounds rather than eat him.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Eat the meme valet, heart first.

Otherwise salves, chertan, max speed w/o crystal.

We've been pushing our luck so far and we really need some quality time with our feudal crew, emo AI, and the harshness of the horrid vacuum.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Out of curiosity, have we missed the opportunity to "upgrade" SuGaBa into SuKuPa?
I say upgrade, but it actually makes SuGaBa overall worse, the only upside is that it becomes an utter kissass to us.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

the_steve posted:

Out of curiosity, have we missed the opportunity to "upgrade" SuGaBa into SuKuPa?
I say upgrade, but it actually makes SuGaBa overall worse, the only upside is that it becomes an utter kissass to us.

Nope, that bit's coming up very shortly.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
use energy to heal

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Eat the Valet.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

I had to practically had to sell a kidney to afford this, but I finally got something good out of Two-Fisted Steve:

It even came with the original prosthesis attachment!
Totally worth it, even if I'm reduced to eating nothing but onions for the next four weeks!

Thanks JohnnySmitch

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Still suggesting that you promote your already-existing patreon more.
15$ per COMPLETED thing? Jesus christ that's low. And i had to dig to find it, it's not linked in-thread anywhere...

ANd yeah eat the valet, we have literally all the spares.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DmitriX posted:

Still suggesting that you promote your already-existing patreon more.
15$ per COMPLETED thing? Jesus christ that's low. And i had to dig to find it, it's not linked in-thread anywhere...

ANd yeah eat the valet, we have literally all the spares.

this one is a special valet

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

That's unless you remember that THIS guy is off the clock so we just feudally eat a random deck croc instead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

He's only special because you don't fully understand the way the valet system works. Imagine, if you will, 4 valets on the edge of a cliff...

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

DmitriX posted:

That's unless you remember that THIS guy is off the clock so we just feudally eat a random deck croc instead.

nah Johnny's next in line to be eaten (he's appointed as soon as we leave the system). In valet terms he's still only so-so and he's got a big crapulence/getting shot problem.

If I'm reading the thread right there's a majority for Mintaka using max engines but without going nuts about it. The trip will take 4 days and use 70 ENERGY, leaving us lots of time for sight-seeing.

I'll keep things open for a bit longer.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Eat the Valet.

Max speed WITH the crystal,

iceaim fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 26, 2015

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
max speed no crystal,

eat a valet, but not johnny

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Where is the patreon?! Someone link to it!

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Gilganixon posted:

nah Johnny's next in line to be eaten (he's appointed as soon as we leave the system). In valet terms he's still only so-so and he's got a big crapulence/getting shot problem.

If I'm reading the thread right there's a majority for Mintaka using max engines but without going nuts about it. The trip will take 4 days and use 70 ENERGY, leaving us lots of time for sight-seeing.

I'm down for this! Sorry, Zybourne Croc. I guess things with "Zybourne" in them aren't long for this world :angel:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

It's at https://www.patreon.com/hermitskull but I want to be clear that you are under no pressure whatsoever to put anything in it and that participation in this thread is already doing me a favour. I have hesitated to mention it because I didn't want to make it a thing.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

Gilganixon posted:

It's at https://www.patreon.com/hermitskull but I want to be clear that you are under no pressure whatsoever to put anything in it and that participation in this thread is already doing me a favour. I have hesitated to mention it because I didn't want to make it a thing.

Just pledged! Thanks for making this awesome thread, it's way fun to read at work.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Mintaka, slaves, eat the valet.

We are stronger than ever. Heal the capt and roar into the next system. Our slaves need an opportunity to embark on thier new lives as mercenaries.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I thought the humans were killed by the cattes.

Anyway, 70 Energy and eat the valet.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah we should watch our ship energy

eat the valet

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Mintaka, slaves, eat the valet.

We are stronger than ever. Heal the capt and roar into the next system. Our slaves need an opportunity to embark on thier new lives as mercenaries.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Eat the valet

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

HardDisk posted:

I thought the humans were killed by the cattes.

Anyway, 70 Energy and eat the valet.

The book is annoyingly ambiguous about unless you spend ages hunting around for ship logs this but what happened in Atlas was:
the humans got there first, then the Cattes jumped in. There was a fight and both ships were badly damaged, but the humans jumped out. The Cattes hung around to make repairs and search for survivors, then we showed up and iced them. The humans are still out there somewhere.

Update:

The star date advances by 1 and we leave the system a couple steps ahead of the Threshers.

We're using 70 ENERGY to cut 8 days off the trip to Mintaka. The jump will take 4 days total (so 3 more days) and we will have 82 ENERGY left over when we arrive.

We decide to eat the valet.
:rip::rip:
Despite his Zybourne-related stats he's a pretty mediocre valet, so down the hatch. His pension will go to Sholtz.

Ordinarily we'd pick a new valet immediately since we're in the jump but it'd be a bit of a dick move for me to insist on that. We have a problem that needs dealing with first:

What do we do about this computer?

Here's the starship manifest:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Using the Captain's controller enter up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Let the discodevobot have sex with try to fix the computer.

CopperHound fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 27, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
shoot at the screen with your pistol and make the smarter slaves fix/hack the system

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CopperHound posted:

Let the discodevobot have sex with try to fix the computer.

SuGaBA is just mad we won't let it join in any Caiman games (meaning orgies). Devobot, we've got a job for you.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

SuGaBA is just mad we won't let it join in any Caiman games (meaning orgies). Devobot, we've got a job for you.

We've been so worried about the Crapulence of the crew we never thought of the computer's need for hedonism! GET THAT AI LAID STAT

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Put on your neuro-helmet and reboot into cyberscape mode to battle for digital supremacy inside the mainframe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

HBar posted:

Put on your neuro-helmet and reboot into cyberscape mode to battle for digital supremacy inside the mainframe

• Locked thread