Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Bang is still undefeated on Kalista and has actually played it at worlds. Also I don't think the players get to pick what skins they get or Faker would've gotten Ahri in S3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Maybe Viktor for Faker though? Faker clearing out the wave with a single laser and then roaming around bodying noobs is what defined SKT's summer season for me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

Bang is still undefeated on Kalista and has actually played it at worlds. Also I don't think the players get to pick what skins they get or Faker would've gotten Ahri in S3.

ANOTHER Kalista skin so soon after the last one would be disappointing. But actually we're going to get a Pray Ashe skin anyway

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
aw i forgot about the hoon god what a guy i am.

ya azir easily.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Smol posted:

Maybe Viktor for Faker though? Faker clearing out the wave with a single laser and then roaming around bodying noobs is what defined SKT's summer season for me.

this was my reasoning. he just completely dominated those patches, game after game, and nobody could replicate his specific playstyle.

altho recently he's been doing that on ryze, not as dominant early but still playing an insanely effective style that nobody else can replicate.

ezreal would be a pretty cool skin for him.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

they will make a faker leblanc skin when he is the first player inducted in the hall of fame.

yes riot you can hire me for more $$$ ideas.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Marin: Rumble or Renekton (I'm pretty sure those are his two all-time most played in both solo queue and competitive)

Bengi: Evelynn or Elise (I'd rather see it go to Evelynn)

Faker: Ryze for this tournament, Ezreal or Leblanc for heritage dominance

Easyhoon: Azir (probably no contest)

Bang: Corki (except he hasn't played it at all at Worlds so I don't know)

Wolf: Alistar (no contest here)

These are good. For Bang I suggest Kalista, Bengi could concievably get Rek'sai, Faker should get the LeBlanc skin whether he plays it this tournament or not, although Riot loves Ryze and they love Faker, so...

But just in case the unthinkable happens:

Alternate Dimension posted:

Smeb: Fiora
Hojin: Rek'sai
Kuro: Viktor
Pray: Ashe
Gorilla: Kennen

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 26, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i think corki is a more signature champion for bang but he's undefeated on kalista and has been playing it recently, usually they seem to focus on champs that have been played during or just before worlds. this would be an argument against viktor but i just wanna see that skin so badly.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

rabidsquid posted:

ANOTHER Kalista skin so soon after the last one would be disappointing. But actually we're going to get a Pray Ashe skin anyway

It's like 8 months between now and when the worlds skins would come out, not exactly soon.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Kalista was pretty much permabanned against Bang this year, so he didn't get to play it much even if he wanted to.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Let's face it, Faker is gonna get Le Blanc given who heavily it defined his career this year. through spring/summer of LCK it was his "always ban"... and MSI had the bait. I don't think there's much option.

I do think a Bengi Nunu would work... if only for the secret agent bengi in spring.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Calax posted:

Let's face it, Faker is gonna get Le Blanc given who heavily it defined his career this year. through spring/summer of LCK it was his "always ban"... and MSI had the bait. I don't think there's much option.

I do think a Bengi Nunu would work... if only for the secret agent bengi in spring.

Has he even played Leblanc in the tournament yet? I thought that was a prerequisite for a worlds skin.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

nomadologique posted:

time to register your guesses for new skins:

marin: rumblerenekton
bengi: elise
faker: viktorryze
bang: kalista
wolf: alistar

I'm under the assumption that it's mostly based on worlds performance too. And if they give Easyhoon a skin it'll absolutely be Azir.

If you're going for all season then it'll probably Maokai for Marin, maybe Gragas for Bengi, Corki for Bang and whatever Wolf's and-1 champion was. Janna? Maybe it was Alistar. Viktor for Faker probably.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Calax posted:

he didn't get leblanc season 3, even though it's been a definitive champion of his from the beginning of his career. faker leblanc is maybe the most signature player/champ combo.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Faker is on record for wanting an Ahri skin. I hope they give to him when he becomes a two time champion, he's earned it at that point.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I just watched the TSM Legends thing and Dyrus should probably be on suicide watch, holy poo poo

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Worlds skins aren't supposed to be the person's signature champion for the season or for a split, they're supposed to be champions that figured prominently in the team's play at worlds. I know the players are allowed to request the champions used for the skins, but Riot has the final say and I don't think they'd make skins for a champ that hasn't even been played, or only gets played once.

Bang hasn't played Lucian a single time at worlds. Now maybe if he pulls out the Lucian in all 3 games of a finals sweep they might consider it, but his three most played (and I think only played) champions are Sivir, Kalista, Tristana.

Maybe they'll bend the rules for Bengi and Faker for being two time champions, but I kind of doubt it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

JahRoo posted:

Worlds skins aren't supposed to be the person's signature champion for the season or for a split, they're supposed to be champions that figured prominently in the team's play at worlds. I know the players are allowed to request the champions used for the skins, but Riot has the final say and I don't think they'd make skins for a champ that hasn't even been played, or only gets played once.

Bang hasn't played Lucian a single time at worlds. Now maybe if he pulls out the Lucian in a 3 game finals sweep they might consider it, but his three most played (and I think only played) champions are Sivir, Kalista, Tristana.

Maybe they'll bend the rules for Bengi and Faker for being two time champions, but I kind of doubt it.

Faker played way more Ori and Ahri at season 3 worlds; I think he only played Zed once or twice. It seems like they mostly gave that to him because of the OGN champions finals that year.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I wish there'd be a Riven skin but it isn't happening :(

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Singed talon and rengar were not picked that many times last year so its up to the player

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
But, isn't riot games taking the champions played during the final BO5 to create the skins ?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
SKT I know you can steamroll KOO blindfolded, throw the fans a bone and give us SKT T1 Cho'gath, Quinn, Bard, Fiddle and Heimer

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Philip Rivers posted:

Smeb might choose Riven, although they would want him to pick Fiora I am sure

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Philip Rivers posted:

Riven already has too many loving skins and enough autists playing her, gently caress her

Renekton wearing comically gigantic headphones with a mic and screaming into it while wearing a SKT shirt way too small for him would be A+++. They'd probably do their damndest to talk down Marin from a Rumble skin because the art team has said how much of a pain in the rear end Rumble skins are

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
So far he's played Ahri this year a total of 3 times. His most played is Viktor at 9 with a second place of Ezreal and Ryze at 5.

He's played 20 unique champions in spring, summer and worlds.

Viktor - 9
Ez/Ryze - 5
Azir - 4
Ahri/Ori - 3
(14 other champions)

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Faker played way more Ori and Ahri at season 3 worlds; I think he only played Zed once or twice. It seems like they mostly gave that to him because of the OGN champions finals that year.

Ah, my memory of season 3 worlds is kinda fuzzy. Were his zed games higher impact/more important than his Ahri and ori games or was it an arbitrary thing where riot just decided to do zed?

E: Also just remembered that Ori was the s2 worlds skin so that's probably why they didn't pick her.

JahRoo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 26, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It was almost 100 pick ban that year because it was everyone's favorite midlaner for aggression and thats what s3 was all about

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Servaetes posted:

Riven already has too many loving skins and enough autists playing her, gently caress her

Renekton wearing comically gigantic headphones with a mic and screaming into it while wearing a SKT shirt way too small for him would be A+++. They'd probably do their damndest to talk down Marin from a Rumble skin because the art team has said how much of a pain in the rear end Rumble skins are

Counterpoint: Riven is one of the coolest champs from both a design and an art perspective. Also most of her skins are bad.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
e: nvm i think i'm getting timeframes confused

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

JahRoo posted:

Ah, my memory of season 3 worlds is kinda fuzzy. Were his zed games higher impact/more important than his Ahri and ori games or was it an arbitrary thing where riot just decided to do zed?

E: Also just remembered that Ori was the s2 worlds skin so that's probably why they didn't pick her.

I really think they gave Faker Zed because his Zed outplay on Ryu was a huge moment in League history. I don't think they really care all that much about the championship skins representing the actual games as much as they want them to represent the players' champion pool and style. Faker was thought of as the best Zed player at the time and that outplay was completely and totally iconic in a way that no other League moments (maybe with the exception of the Kassadin backdoor by xPeke) had been.

Rond
Mar 2, 2015

Philip Rivers posted:

Counterpoint: Riven is one of the coolest champs from both a design and an art perspective. Also most of her skins are bad.

Approve, the arcade and dragonblade skin are decent, but the rest looks pretty bad.

Also a Viktor skin would be nice

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

JahRoo posted:

one of the most iconic league plays of all time is from faker/ryu blind pick zed mirror.

that's why they chose zed for faker's skin.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

exethan posted:

Singed talon and rengar were not picked that many times last year so its up to the player

They were played twice, twice and four times respectively by SSW. DanDy had a 100% win rate with Rengar too. I'm pretty sure a skin hasn't been made for champions the team didn't play at all in the Championship itself yet, so Leblanc and Lucian suggestions are supremely unlikely. Viktor too but it's not outside the realm of possibility he's picked by SKT in the final.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Rond posted:

Approve, the arcade and dragonblade skin are decent, but the rest looks pretty bad.

Also a Viktor skin would be nice

i think the arcade riven skin is maybe the worst skin in the game besides the very early palette swap bullshit skins (viridian kayle, riot girl tristana, etc).

the dragonblade one, on the other hand, is amazing.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Philip Rivers posted:

Renekton was also made by the same designer and is a giant pissed crocodile dinosaur that screams a lot so is better from a design and art perspective. And while Runewars and Pool Party are fantastic I could always use another very good skin for the croc

the arcade riven is probably the best skin and the most apropos one for people that enjoy that champion because holy crap is it satisfying fragging her in lane and hearing K O

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 26, 2015

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Renekton is one of the most boring Champs in the game from a spectator stand point. That period in season 4 where he, Shy, and, Mundo were the only top layers was absolutely terrible.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Servaetes posted:

Renekton was also made by the same designer and is a giant pissed crocodile dinosaur that screams a lot so is better from a design and art perspective. And while Runewars and Pool Party are fantastic I could always use another very good skin for the croc

the arcade riven is probably the best skin and the most apropos one for people that enjoy that champion because holy crap is it satisfying fragging her in lane and hearing K O

Renekton is a boring turd of a champ vs. Riven who's one of the most dynamic and combo-oriented character in the game.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Actually Renekton Gracie is cool, while riven is stupid as heck and all riven players can go pound sand

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Shadow225 posted:

Renekton is one of the most boring Champs in the game from a spectator stand point. That period in season 4 where he, Shy, and, Mundo were the only top layers was absolutely terrible.

I think that has a lot more to do with Shyvanna and Mundo who are both basically walking healthbars that auto attack as their main source of damage than anything else. I could be wrong but S4 was also when toplaners started taking teleport too so most of those fights were super boring because you can't really all in either of them without ignite which no pro player would dare run toplane either. So Renekton was relegated to some really loving boring builds and farming off which is just counterintuitive

Like I said before he's Xypherous' first champion and he made Riven came a bit later so they have some similarities in terms of their kits and both pretty combo oriented and share some similar items that are good for them. He leans more on tank, she leans on fighter. He's got a lot of really fun matchups to play out (Darius, Riven, Garen, Fiora to name a few) but I can totally get how people are sour on seeing him in pro play.

Marin is absolutely awesome on him and if Smeb picks Riven you guys are probably in for a treat if they actually 1v1 because it's a really awesome skill matchup

henkman posted:

Actually Renekton Gracie is cool, while riven is stupid as heck and all riven players can go pound sand

Yeah Riven "mains" are the toplane eqivalent of Vayne "mains"

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sexpansion posted:

Likewise, Pawn didn't play much Talon at all (I thought Jayce would have been a lock) and Looper played Singed maybe once.

Riot seems to go with the champion that defined moments in the season or the championship. Faker got Zed because of the duel with Ryu, Pawn got Talon because of the game he solo killed Faker over and over. Looper got Singed because of the one game he decided to make TSM's life miserable

• Locked thread