Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

William Bear posted:

More details on Jeb's campaign for the forseeable future. It includes a description of his new book, a new video, and a new slogan in "Jeb Can Fix It" for a new tour. He implies he's still a joyful tortoise!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bush-hopes-reset-tour-book/story?id=34726042

I feel like "I'm working on a new marketing strategy and I'll be pushing my new e-book" is the generic refuge of many failed plans.

So I guess it sums up Jeb!'s campaign perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

... Seriously? Sounds more like a home improvement expert than a presidential candidate.

"Got a broken toilet? Jeb can fix it!"

I wouldn't trust Jeb to fix my toilet, let alone the country.

Now Trump, he'd get it done.

the shadow toker
Apr 22, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Butts posted:

Hey guys for all the poo poo you give Jeb!, you gotta hand it to the dude that he's nothing if at least ideologically consistent.

For instance, even though his campaign is brain dead and on life support, he still won't pull the plug.

:drat:

fresher than terri schiavo's body in 2005

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Doctor Butts posted:

Hey guys for all the poo poo you give Jeb!, you gotta hand it to the dude that he's nothing if at least ideologically consistent.

For instance, even though his campaign is brain dead and on life support, he still won't pull the plug.

:thurman:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ted Cruz wants to host SNL

http://www.mediaite.com/online/unlike-ben-carson-ted-cruz-would-absolutely-love-to-host-snl/

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Many Freepers blame Jeb for Schiavo's death. Dude just can't win. Seriously, he can't win, Rubio has this thing in the bag as long as he doesn't gently caress it up.

Today on his show Rush gave Rubio a hand-job, and Hannity loves Rubio. The only holdout is Levin/Mastershake who thinks Rubio is a slimy little putz.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
"Jeb Can Fix It" has a nice double meaning:

He's assuring the public, "I can fix America"

He's assuring his donors, "Don't panic, I can fix this campaign!"

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Let me tell you how my experience as governor prior to the 2008 recession makes me the best choice to Fix America.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

William Bear posted:

He's assuring his donors, "Don't Panic, I can fix this election!"

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

William Bear posted:

More details on Jeb's campaign for the forseeable future. It includes a description of his new book, a new video, and a new slogan in "Jeb Can Fix It" for a new tour. He implies he's still a joyful tortoise!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bush-hopes-reset-tour-book/story?id=34726042

I'm so glad I clicked on your link, because ABCnews gave me a pro-Bush ad funded by his PAC money. They thought it was good/important/okay to mention that he's on the Paleo diet.

Proof:

Umm....unlike maybe other people, Jebeddiah Bush is on the Paleo Diet - an important qualification for President of the United States of America.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

He seems like a guy you could have a steak with.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

McDowell posted:

Let me tell you how my experience as governor prior to the 2008 recession makes me the best choice to Fix America.

Governors are some of the only people who seem qualified to be President at all, because they have to bludgeon their state congress with vetos, death threats, bribes, whatever in order to pass laws that help people, instead of stealing from the people they represent. Ben Carson has said he wants to inspire more Smart People to get into politics though, something ignored by the press for a reason. Someone like Bill Gates could become President if he wasn't on some global crusade to save as many lives as he possibly can. That's the kind of dude we should have in office, but politicians are incompetent like Obama or satanic monsters like Hillary and Bernie Sanders are most of the time.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want Jeb! to update his book after 4chan figures out his email address

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

taqueso posted:

He seems like a guy you could have a steak with.

You'd have to, given his record of saving vegetables.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

William Bear posted:

"Jeb can fix Washington because he did it in Florida,”

laffo my asso if this is seriously how they will do this he should just drop out now. "look at florida!" is the worst thing to say

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

alright, fuckin hell that's just the best.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Levin is trashing Romney and the Bush clan. He's pissed off that Romney wouldn't go on his show, but went on Axelrod's podcast. He's also still pissed off about George W's comments about Ted Cruz.

Levin is going to be three hours of pure hate on the GOP this evening.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

this is a good trend we have going here

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Smoothrich posted:

Governors are some of the only people who seem qualified to be President at all, because they have to bludgeon their state congress with vetos, death threats, bribes, whatever in order to pass laws that help people, instead of stealing from the people they represent.

That really depends on the State. New York, for example, has an obscenely powerful Executive, which gets to set the initial budget and limit amendments, and even go over the head of the Legislature in case they stall. Cuomo's two terms here will have taught him all the wrong lessons about being Chief Executive.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Non-Trump GOP candidates need to start hiring kids who're thrown out of high school for cyberbullying to run their Twitter campaigns. Maybe snag some superstar who caused like a suicide. It's all about hiring the right people for the moment.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Lindsay Graham scares the pants off me and I'm glad he doesn't stand a chance. He came to my workplace to address us, and while we're a defense contractor and there was some amount of pandering, the number of wars he wants to start/restart/continue is just astounding.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

William Bear posted:

He's assuring his donors, "Don't panic, I can fix this campaign!"

And he's assuring the sinister underground pedophile ring in Britain that they're safe with him as President.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TheTatteredKing posted:

Dragon scale is just a body armor that was developed at the time.

Man, I had no idea military contractors were big SaGa fans. :raise:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here are the Rand Paul pumpkin stencils you've been waiting for.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Mr. Powers posted:

Lindsay Graham scares the pants off me and I'm glad he doesn't stand a chance. He came to my workplace to address us, and while we're a defense contractor and there was some amount of pandering, the number of wars he wants to start/restart/continue is just astounding.

How many times did he say "caliphate"?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Trevor Hale posted:

And he's assuring the sinister underground pedophile ring in Britain that they're safe with him as President.

Nobody in the US knows or cares about Jimmy Saville. Nobody cares about the UK pedo ring, for the simple fact that we all 100% just assumed.
Nobody in the US cares about your PM loving a dead pig, either.

US politics is 100% insulated from UK buggery. If I ever discussed it with friends or coworkers, I might as well be talking about Uruguay's fiscal policy, or Argentina's infrastructure spending.
Give us your next boy band and shut up until you do.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Mr. Powers posted:

Lindsey Graham scares us all, but that pales in comparison to how much the world scares Lindsey Graham.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

He's not wrong.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Those are pretty lovely stencils.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mr. Powers posted:

The scary part is that Lindsey Graham is just being honest about how much the Republican party wants to gently caress up the rest of the world.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mr. Powers posted:

If you watch any of his talks open-mindedly, he's literally the most progressive and open minded Republican you've ever heard speak, probably because he is gay or something lol. He just hates ISIS because he thinks they are committing mass atrocities and war crimes, and knows that Iran is doing the same thing everywhere all the time with proxy groups too.

Seriously, you people are "Afraid of Republicans" because you don't know what the gently caress is going on anymore because the Liberal Media is blasting hate speech everywhere nonstop about them, even Joe Biden tried to hint at this without revealing enough that he gets assassinated for it. Now I understand why Lincoln is called a tyrant, because he realized the "free press" was Democratic Party's Establishment in NYC using propaganda about Irish and Italian Privilage to make all the immigrants and black people hate each other and riot and poo poo intentionally to undermine the war effort against them in the South.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYc_RwjZPKg

Even the people here are like "Wow, this guy is a Republican? But he seems so nice!"

These wars Lindsey talks about already started, he wants to end them not start more. America left the region, and Iran and ISIS and poo poo are starting wars that won't ever end, this is a huge problem unless you don't care about a World War 3

People are saying "Republican party wants to gently caress up the rest of the world" as if ISIS is what keeps the world safe seriously lol

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I eagerly await the next debate, where candidates are asked who they'd nuke if given the chance. Popular opinions include ISIS, Mexican Immigrants, Medicare, Washington DC, Donald Trump, Hewlett Packard shareholders, Thirst, The Homosexual Agenda, China, and the Assembly Transportation Committee of New Jersey.

You forgot the tax code.

Lum_ posted:

Even more so now that it's not the 80s any more.

Who's fat Jon Hamm?

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Based on my Foreign Policy knowledge, we are going to be sending at least 10,000 troops to Iraq as soon as this administration is out of power and attacking ISIS no matter what politicians say, unless we elect a communist who wants America to fail like Bernie

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Smoothrich posted:

If you watch any of his talks open-mindedly, he's literally the most progressive and open minded Republican you've ever heard speak, probably because he is gay or something lol. He just hates ISIS because he thinks they are committing mass atrocities and war crimes, and knows that Iran is doing the same thing everywhere all the time with proxy groups too.

Seriously, you people are "Afraid of Republicans" because you don't know what the gently caress is going on anymore because the Liberal Media is blasting hate speech everywhere nonstop about them, even Joe Biden tried to hint at this without revealing enough that he gets assassinated for it. Now I understand why Lincoln is called a tyrant, because he realized the "free press" was Democratic Party's Establishment in NYC using propaganda about Irish and Italian Privilage to make all the immigrants and black people hate each other and riot and poo poo intentionally to undermine the war effort against them in the South.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYc_RwjZPKg

Even the people here are like "Wow, this guy is a Republican? But he seems so nice!"

These wars Lindsey talks about already started, he wants to end them not start more. America left the region, and Iran and ISIS and poo poo are starting wars that won't ever end, this is a huge problem unless you don't care about a World War 3

People are saying "Republican party wants to gently caress up the rest of the world" as if ISIS is what keeps the world safe seriously lol

You're right. While he was speaking I was thinking "hey, maybe this guy isn't so bad" until he started talking about boots on the ground in Syria, bringing large troops back to Iraq and Afghanistan, and threatening Iran with an invasion. He may or may not have suggested troops in Ukraine, too. I can't remember. It's like he wants to invade everyone and form the United States of Arabia.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mr. Powers posted:

You're right. While he was speaking I was thinking "hey, maybe this guy isn't so bad" until he started talking about boots on the ground in Syria, bringing large troops back to Iraq and Afghanistan, and threatening Iran with an invasion. He may or may not have suggested troops in Ukraine, too. I can't remember. It's like he wants to invade everyone and form the United States of Arabia.

We aren't even giving basic armaments to these people, that's why the secular resistance groups all died in Syria and Putin is now in charge there, which is a travesty honestly. Wesley Clark and policy experts gives speeches about how Ukraine doesn't even have AT rifles or anything. We don't need troops in Ukraine, they need weapons to fight for themselves, but Obama trusts Putin like FDR trusted Stalin as having Good Intentions

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Smoothrich posted:

Based on my Foreign Policy knowledge, we are going to be sending at least 10,000 troops to Iraq as soon as this administration is out of power and attacking ISIS no matter what politicians say, unless we elect a communist who wants America to fail like Bernie

And you were doing so well.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Do It Once Right posted:

Murdering Trump or Carson (or anybody for any reason or no reason) would improve his polling with likely primary voters.

Lindset Graham may have never killed anybody by his own hand but he never met a war he didn't like.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Smoothrich have you considered that you are misinformed instead of literally everyone else?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Do It Once Right posted:

Nobody in the US knows or cares about Jimmy Saville. Nobody cares about the UK pedo ring, for the simple fact that we all 100% just assumed.
Nobody in the US cares about your PM loving a dead pig, either.

US politics is 100% insulated from UK buggery. If I ever discussed it with friends or coworkers, I might as well be talking about Uruguay's fiscal policy, or Argentina's infrastructure spending.
Give us your next boy band and shut up until you do.

I'm American, chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

katlington posted:

Lindset Graham may have never killed anybody by his own hand but he never met a war he didn't like.

These guys all get that the Iraq War was a huge mistake carried out by a cabal of neocon wackjobs who loved Democracy in the wrong way like Rumsfeld and Cheney, no one supports that nowadays. America isn't a terrorist nation though, we fight terrorists, its complicated but not evil. ISIS is a huge failure and a new nation ruled by bloodthirsty Sunni Supremacist nutjobs that Putin is probably trying to ally with, not destroy. Iraq's army is simply incapable of fighting for itself because it's too corrupt and poorly led but full of manpower, you need American troops there to shoot them as they retreat like Commissars in order to get them to fight for Iraq.

Graham talking about ISIS is because he is actually on all these committees and reading the reports coming out of them. There was news on intelligence analysts complaining recently that the Obama administration is doctoring reports to make Syria sound better then it is when its stuck in Forever War with genocidal maniacs on all sides. That was bad enough, but now Putin is in charge of it and he's the most genocidal maniac of the 21st century I can tell lol

• Locked thread