Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Well, it's been fun, but the Whalers clearly suck. After 4 seasons of a horribly middling offense that, for the life of me, cannot seem to fix, I will be retiring the Whalers at the end of this season. I'd rather start over than try to make this fix this lovely team like I have been for the past 4 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Pick 'em

Kernels retain, otherwise Champs lose.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Paul Zuvella posted:

Well, it's been fun, but the Whalers clearly suck. After 4 seasons of a horribly middling offense that, for the life of me, cannot seem to fix, I will be retiring the Whalers at the end of this season. I'd rather start over than try to make this fix this lovely team like I have been for the past 4 seasons.

A year in the sub par madly trading and getting a couple of higher draft picks is a lot more fun than sitting out a whole season!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
How many Super League retirements does this make this season? 4?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

CaptainYesterday posted:

How many Super League retirements does this make this season? 4?

Whalers, Symphony, Losers, Cultists. Yeah, I think that's all of them. Does that mean more promotions from the Sub-Par?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

TheMcD posted:

Whalers, Symphony, Losers, Cultists. Yeah, I think that's all of them. Does that mean more promotions from the Sub-Par?

The Losers are staying right where they are until someone proves they're actually capable of beating a zombie team.

The Whalers and Symphony are both in last place, so that means less relegations, not more promotions. As far as the Cultists go, their spot is going to be filled by the least terrible team in the DH league that would otherwise be demoted, which is either the Dragons or W's.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The Losers are staying right where they are until someone proves they're actually capable of beating a zombie team.

The Whalers and Symphony are both in last place, so that means less relegations, not more promotions. As far as the Cultists go, their spot is going to be filled by the least terrible team in the DH league that would otherwise be demoted, which is either the Dragons or W's.

So... go Knights?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I've thought about retiring the Space Fish (I'd come back to the league as soon as eligible; this isn't a health issue like it was earlier this season) but didn't want to make waves and cause extra work. Still, if the Space Fish have another sub-.500 season but don't move down to the Subpar (this is huge; the Super Draft pick netted me Halladay and Blyleven and now I have a pretty competent rotation and some depth, but also had to risk relegation), I'd have to think seriously about doing it.

So, Smasher: are you cool with my retiring the Space Fish after next year if they both:
1.) Win fewer than 81 games, AND
2.) Remain in the Super League

If you're not, that's fine too. It's not a huge preference or anything, and if we move my inflated sense of teambuilding ability from the equation, I probably don't really have a better chance starting from scratch than I do with the Space Fish.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
You guys make my head hurt. Stop making my head hurt.

And let's be clear, more times dying is almost never going to mean more promotions from the Sub-Par League.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:shittypop:

Balla, Hulkamatt, since I know you guys have the editing software to make it sound good, if we want to do some sort of radio play style recreation of that game series, I am totally down. Masterful writing from kw0134.

Anyway, put Combs back in at LF. Doby, you've done well, handling that nightmare for me.

Handsome Lou's stay in the minors is almost over. Lou Boudreau up to SS, Harvey Kuenn down.

I won't want to change the lineup until I see how Boudreau does this week, if at all, might be my final update this season.

So let's see if we can't keep the pedal to the metal - I want my rematch with McD!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
:siren: Trade Alert :siren:

The Alethkar Shardblades receive:

1993 Benito Santiago

The Akabira Killer Mikes receive:

Feeder rights for 1922 Wilbur Cooper

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

tatankatonk posted:

:siren: Trade Alert :siren:

The Alethkar Shardblades receive:

1993 Benito Santiago

The Akabira Killer Mikes receive:

Feeder rights for 1922 Wilbur Cooper

Confirmed.
Move Victor Martinez to DL and put Benito Santiago on the bench.
Put Bill Madlock back in as starting 2B.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Starting from scratch sounds fun but a season in the subpar adding SL quality players to a lineup of already SL quality players sounds more effective.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Nobody wants to be my friend :(

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Ice To Meet You posted:

Nobody wants to be my friend :(

ill be your friend mcfreeze

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Expansion Cup XVI September: Every Living Thing Must Someday Die

Analysis

YOU BLEW IT!

Analysis

Stop trying to make Tulo happen, it's not going to happen.

Analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Analysis

#1 Pick!!!

Analysis

Well, it was a good run. Luckily for me you lost by a wide enough margin that me putting Keith in Right Field can't be blamed for it.

Analysis

Marauder vult.

Analysis

As I believe I've said before this team has some decent role-players, and you have the #3 pick. It definitely needs some TLC but I don't quite think it's hopeless.

Analysis

Well that was anticlimactic.

Analysis

im crying, its beautiful

Analysis

Nooooo :( On the bright side there's a solid framework here, try to get a big bat (or two) and a middle-rotation starter in the draft.

Analysis

This is how you lost the division. I am quite sorry.

Analysis

Please acquire a pitching staff. And some hitters. and possibly a defense.

:ducksiren:DISPERSAL DRAFT ORDER:ducksiren:

1. Commonwealth Flying Dukaki (.432)
2. Centralia Mines (.438)
3. Modern Bourgeois (.444)
4. Yankeesfans.gif (.469)
5. Colma Skeletons (.481)
6. Rochester Generics (:allears:)
7. St. Maarten Storm (.519)
8. The Goog Day (.525)
9. Columbus Natorual 20's (.531)
(Moderinists go here if they're not filler but i think they are so ill skip them??????)
10. Pope's Chosen (.543)
11. River City Ransom (.586)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

God bless us, every one.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

No words... they should have sent a poet.

HEY DIAMOND DOGS: please win 8 or 9 more games, just for my sake? Thanks in advance.

edit: :rip: tables

Grinnblade fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 27, 2015

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

CraigK posted:

ill be your friend mcfreeze

It's a little demoralizing when everyone says "I'd rather die than hang out with McFreeze".

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am trying to kill my way into the Super League

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Yaaay Ransom, lmao at the Generics ending .500.

Are the Modernists a filler team or no? I'm curious how Finals will play out and what would happen if they win.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Yaya posted:

Are the Modernists a filler team or no? I'm curious how Finals will play out and what would happen if they win.

I guess that's up to Marauder, but given how many retirements we have, I'd rather not kill the team. The space in the Super-League is his to do with as he pleases.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I guess that's up to Marauder, but given how many retirements we have, I'd rather not kill the team. The space in the Super-League is his to do with as he pleases.

Marauder...in the Super-League? It's so crazy it just might work...

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

God bless the Generics

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Tide comes in, tide goes out, generics always reach .500, you can't explain that!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

goddammit GODDAMMIT

everyone retains

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
drat YOU DUKAKIS! Never have I been so pleased to have been too young to vote for you! Fucker.

I knew I should have moved Ted to the rotation.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Picking 'em:

Southpaws retain, other champs lose. Yay.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

well that sucked

I hit a bunch of dingers and my grand pitching dreams imploded

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

DOOP posted:

well that sucked

I hit a bunch of dingers and my grand pitching dreams imploded

Just get a real second baseman, and some more dingers, and everything will be fine.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Pick'em

All Champs Lose

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

I've saved him for a Rainey day. Put in the other Raines for the injured Raines, send the other Raines down. Also, replace A-Ram (blessed he be) with Cabrera at 3B for this week.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Please rescue Logan Rainbird from the Natural Twenties he is presumably a distant cousin of Mr. rainwater

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Let Rainbird perish along with my hopes and aspirations TIA.

Anyway I have a new spreadsheet up for my team. Technically the old spreadsheet but I edited it. Here it is. I changed my pitching lineup slightly since it'll be relevant at some point during the regular season, but it's otherwise the same as I've already got. So, now everyone can see my team, such as it is, fairly easily.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Aww, St Maarten. But yay Ransom! :gbsmith:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Shake up the bullpen a bit?

BalfourJohnson/Miller to the Minors

Vizcaino to Short Relief
Strasburg to Middle Relief
Schmidt to Long Relief

Is there a player list for the Dispersal Draft?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

kensei posted:

Shake up the bullpen a bit?

BalfourJohnson/Miller to the Minors

Vizcaino to Short Relief
Strasburg to Middle Relief
Schmidt to Long Relief

Is there a player list for the Dispersal Draft?

We don't know which teams are getting relegated yet.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

FairGame posted:

We don't know which teams are getting relegated yet.

Yeah I asked in IRC, brain vapor lock on my part.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Several people have requested that the Sub-Par League remain at 20 teams for next season. I did the math.

Given the number of ragequits, this is what would currently have to happen:

4 teams go up to Super-League
3 teams come down from Super-League
10 expansion teams enter
7 teams don't get murdered
9 teams get murdered

It has been the practice in recent seasons for 6 teams to be used as stock for the Dispersal Draft, and 4 teams for the Super-Draft. That would mean this plan would not be murderous enough. Maybe that's too many! I don't know. But there is also the issue of nobody at all wanting to be a no-DH team. It could make more sense to have a 10-team DH league, and an 8-team Bad league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Ice To Meet You posted:

Several people have requested that the Sub-Par League remain at 20 teams for next season. I did the math.

Given the number of ragequits, this is what would currently have to happen:

4 teams go up to Super-League
3 teams come down from Super-League
10 expansion teams enter
7 teams don't get murdered
9 teams get murdered

It has been the practice in recent seasons for 6 teams to be used as stock for the Dispersal Draft, and 4 teams for the Super-Draft. That would mean this plan would not be murderous enough. Maybe that's too many! I don't know. But there is also the issue of nobody at all wanting to be a no-DH team. It could make more sense to have a 10-team DH league, and an 8-team Bad league.

We could certainly disperse the Whalers or the Symphony if we needed more stock.