Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mrkillboy posted:

Well, that's unfortunate. The official release date is actually tomorrow so try checking it out then. I'm liking a lot of what I've played so far.

Is it challenging at any point? It looks nice, but the video makes it look very simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Paladinus posted:

Is it challenging at any point? It looks nice, but the video makes it look very simple.

The first few levels are pretty straightforward but then you start dealing with other elements like the wind which affects how your branches grow, while the second chapter introduces red suns that will kill off your whole tree if any branches touch it, so you have to be very quick and precise with your pruning. Overall, so far it still seems fairly easy though.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 21, 2015

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

I've saved up 20 google bux. I am really having trouble pulling the trigger on a game. I want something that I will enjoy for a while. I Love xcom, final Fantasy tactics, I tried Baulders gate and it was ok. I am looking for something on my phone and I heard the Dragon Quest games are good, but I just need some convincing on if I should try those. Anything else I should be considering?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Drunk Tomato posted:

There are two Love Wolf apps, "Joe Dever's Lone Wolf" and "Lone Wolf Saga". Which is the one I want?

Joe Dever's Lone Wolf. Lone Wolf Saga is some fan implementation of the original books while Joe Dever's Lone Wolf is the official overhaul with full 3D combat and stuff.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

SpclKen posted:

I've saved up 20 google bux. I am really having trouble pulling the trigger on a game. I want something that I will enjoy for a while. I Love xcom, final Fantasy tactics, I tried Baulders gate and it was ok. I am looking for something on my phone and I heard the Dragon Quest games are good, but I just need some convincing on if I should try those. Anything else I should be considering?

Sproggiwood is a great strategy roguelike that works well on a phone.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Farquar posted:

Sproggiwood is a great strategy roguelike that works well on a phone.

It was worth the $5 I paid, but I wouldn't pay $10 for it. Especially considering how fast the battery on my phone drains when I play it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Drunk Tomato posted:

There are two Love Wolf apps, "Joe Dever's Lone Wolf" and "Lone Wolf Saga". Which is the one I want?
You probably want to hit the Japanese store for Love Wolf.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

coyo7e posted:

You probably want to hit the Japanese store for Love Wolf.

Love Guitar Wolf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmjKOEIqlU

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

Drunk Tomato posted:

Lone wolf saga is the original book series, ported to android. Joe Dever's is a new, more phone game-y adaptation of one story's worth of content, set in the same world as the books.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

SpclKen posted:

save it for poke balls for the GPS Pokemon game coming next year

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

SpclKen posted:

Just spent my fun bux on 80 days. Not disappointed at all.

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

rotaryfun posted:

Just spent my fun bux on 80 days. Not disappointed at all.

Heard that was good, and since you have a Cam Newton av, I know you have good taste. Sold on 80 days.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

SpclKen posted:

Heard that was good, and since you have a Cam Newton av, I know you have good taste. Sold on 80 days.

I can appreciate your liking of Cam, but I actually bought that avatar back before the days of Cam. Maybe one day though... maybe one day.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Anyone know how to free up space on your device when transferring games to your SD card? My tablet doesn't seem to be getting more free space.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Lone Wolf Saga.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Violet_Sky posted:

Anyone know how to free up space on your device when transferring games to your SD card? My tablet doesn't seem to be getting more free space.
Only the app moves to the SD card in Lollipop. The downloaded data (which is way bigger in most cases) stays on internal storage.

Marshmallow fixes this, sort of, by letting you merge the sd card and internal storage into 1 big logical storage location.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
How can you see your Android's OS?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Settings -> bottom is About Phone which has it and on Nexus (Marshmallow?) devices it tells you which month your security patch is from too.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Mine's Jellybean. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I got mine in 2013. It can't be that old, can it?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Prune should be available for everyone now. Also Lara Croft GO and Pac-Man CE DX are apparently on sale (just a buck off though, not a significant discount).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Violet_Sky posted:

Mine's Jellybean. It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I got mine in 2013. It can't be that old, can it?

2-3 years is generally the upgrade cycle right now. So it's definitely on the older side and it's by Samsung who historically isn't great about device updates.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Rune Story just came out. It's apparently the Global version of White Cat Project which I guess is pretty big in Japan.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.coloplni.wcatus

It seems like a pretty decent action RPG. It isn't energy limited but it does have a rest system that control bonus loot I guess. Gatcha is characters and weapons.

Guild is created: Goon Squad

Requires my approval so post in here so I know who to accept

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 25, 2015

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Zotix posted:

Rune Story just came out. It's apparently the Global version of White Cat Project which I guess is pretty big in Japan.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.coloplni.wcatus

It seems like a pretty decent action RPG. It isn't energy limited but it does have a rest system that control bonus loot I guess. Gatcha is characters and weapons.

Guild is created: Goon Squad

Requires my approval so post in here so I know who to accept

Applied as coffeeamin.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Coffeehitler posted:

Applied as coffeeamin.

Gotcha

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Is the first summon in Rune Story random or is it always 4* Corn guy?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's always a 4*. Not always the corn guy though.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Most of these games learned their lesson from PAD and don't have pure RNG rolls at the start.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Anyone got an alternate source for that Rune game? I'd like to try and sideload it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I created an OP http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748484

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
You misspelled "gacha"

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ah gently caress

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Made for mobile Blood Bowl spin-off game Blood Bowl Kerrunch is out on the Play Store.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Gatcha is a sort of hybrid between gacha and gotcha, so I'll allow it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Been playing a neat idle/ city builder game.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WipGames.idle

Idle town.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

mrkillboy posted:

Made for mobile Blood Bowl spin-off game Blood Bowl Kerrunch is out on the Play Store.

Before anyone gets too excited it's some loving style lane game like that 40k mobile game storm of vengeance, not actual bloodbowl.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I really wanted to have some nice things to say about Fallout Shelter. I started messing with it last Thursday. I solicited advice from friends who had been playing a while, learned my own way how to balance population growth against resource management, and actually getting a nice vault going I was happy with.

Then, today, every time I opened the loving app over the course of my work day during breaks, I had a molerat invasion. Not after a little while of dicking around either; like, the moment the game settled after whatever announcements occurred from reopening the app. The first time, the little shits popped in four places at once- at my well-armed, top floor diner where they were wiped out without me having to pay much attention. They also popped simultaneously in my water treatment room and power rooms, and I had to micromanage medpack use to keep both rooms alive. The invasion over, I scrolled out, and saw my whole loving radio room staff was dead. Reviving them cost me a third of my savings, but whatever.

Only, there was still a loving molerat in there. ONE. They all had guns, and not lovely ones either, but that one loving molerat killed them all AGAIN. I revived them all again, another third of my savings gone... and it killed them all again. This time I just said gently caress it and waited for the molerat to move on.
Which it did. It burrowed out, then popped out of the ground into the Int classroom where I had two unarmed freshly adulted kids plopped in there moments ago. Great, I thought, at least they'll be cheap revives. Instead of one rat, four popped out of the ground, and they were all summarily dragon-punched to death by the kids with hardly a scratch on them. What even the gently caress?

Invasion completely resolved, I resigned myself, and rezzed the radio room staff again. Which wiped me out, leaving me with a pissant 150 dollars.

Left the app, went back to work. Got to lunch, opened the app, and repeat of the first break's circumstances- immediately after OK'ing out of a birth announcement, a loving molerat problem again, and it opened right up in the radio room. A whole mess of them this time. Not ONE of them dies as they terminate the entire radio staff yet again, and now I don't have any money to revive them. Helpless, I wait to see what rooms they go off to next.

They pop in the top floor, and are torn up. They pop on the second deck and are torn up. They pop with the kids and are punched to death without any problem. They pop in my power room, and this is where it gets odd. My power room is about as well armed as my top deck because losing power is really loving bad. Only, they're really struggling to survive the molerat fight. I use up all my medipacks to keep them alive, and even swapped down the better guns from the upper deck with the rest of the lesser-armed staff. It didn't make a discernable difference, but we won. Hopefully, I figure, we're done with this. I resign to leaving my radio room staff dead until I have the money to revive them, tidy up levels and training rearrangements, and shut it off.

I come back for my last break. Open the game. Two more birth announcements. One kid turned into an adult.
And a loving molerat invasion opening right up in my power room.

I had no medpacks. They still had all the guns from the previous scuffle, but were obviously losing badly right from the start. So, I figure, maybe I can drag these fools out and if I clear the room I can save some lives and maybe the rats will gently caress off to rooms where they die more appropriately.
Nope. Anybody I drag out, doesn't leave the room and stays fighting til they die. Half the time I couldn't even long-press to actually grab them. My three-wide fully upgraded power room gets 100% killed without a single dead molerat to their credit and where do they go next? The two-wide power room. And kill them all too.

I shut the game down, not waiting to see how the rest of the invasion goes. I think about how I can possibly recover that vault, for maybe a minute, minute and a half.

Solved the problem by uninstalling that fuckshow. :xcom:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah its pretty fun till you get hosed and need a new vault. On top of that IAP is one vault use only. So it is pretty much poo poo which we all discovered week1

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I guess it's true. The vaults were never meant to save anyone. :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I kind of get irrationally angry at people who are both defending Fallout Shelter, and who also can't understand why I don't like it. I mean, I absolutely know that it's stupid to feel that way, but like I said, it's irrational.

Of course, I don't make this known except for this post right here, but goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

in pretty much every respect, Fallout Shelter is "almost good"