Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

blue squares posted:

If the FEC lets Super PACs fund ground operations, its going to be a disaster.

This isn't a new thing. The Koch-backed Super PAC knock on hundreds of thousands of doors and make similar numbers of phone calls every weekend since as far back as 2013. They also have permanent field offices in 36 states, including 5 in Iowa as of 2014.

Mitt Romney fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I both love and hate my stupid silly country.

http://www.fec.gov/press/resources/2016presidential_form2nm.shtml

click the link, read the truth. A$$, DAT PHAT.

A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.

World Star.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Not sure if the video of Jeb's BLAH BLAH BLAH has been posted so... here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHDzsqnKu1s

Dude is so salty these days.

Jeb won't get hit by the FEC, but I wonder who will hit him on this, other than Trump of course.... It seems like in your face collusion, and an act of desperation.

Also love how his Pac's lawyer is named Mr. Spies.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Do It Once Right posted:

A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.

World Star.

Three Joe Bidens.

Hermano
Oct 23, 2008
Trump is not wrong on the low energy thing. Poor lil feller

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The FEC should just let Jeb have his super PAC. They're really just pouring rich idiot money into the local economies of Iowa and NH.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Hermano posted:

Trump is not wrong on the low energy thing. Poor lil feller

He's just all trumpered out :sweatdrop:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Montasque posted:

Also love how his Pac's lawyer is named Mr. Spies.

Who's ready for a dated reference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZCCt6Mzv84

Stoat posted:

The FEC should just let Jeb have his super PAC. They're really just pouring rich idiot money into the local economies of Iowa and NH.

I can't support anything that makes Iowans happy after those Carson polls came out

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Stoat posted:

Speaking of which... Club for Growth is taking all the credit for downing Trump to 2nd place in Iowa and want to repeat this success with million dollar ad buys in other early voting states:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/this-conservative-group-wants-to-take-trumps-iowa-slide-national/article/2574948?custom_click=rss

quote:

"We're in the process of fundraising, but the plan has been to focus on the early states," Doug Sachtleben, who serves as communications director for the Club for Growth, told the Washington Examiner. "We'll look at South Carolina and what's being done there and perhaps Nevada."

"A lot of it is contingent on just raising the funds to launch ads, but we feel like the polls in the last week have confirmed that exposing Trump's positions bring him down," he added.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If they think the solution to the citizens united screwjob is more money and more control going to Super PACs I say please proceed governor.

The PACs are already lining their pockets with no regard to whether you can win or not, maybe the grifters who run their poo poo can figure out how to go full Limbaugh and make more profit off of a perpetually losing party.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 27, 2015

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If they think the solution to the citizens united screwjob is more money and more control going to Super PACs I say please proceed governor.

The PACs already hardly care if you win or not, maybe the grifters who run their poo poo can figure out how to go full Limbaugh and make more profit off of a perpetually losing party.

Welfare for campaign wonks.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
A change in election laws that allows Super PACs to directly fund campaign work but only in states holding primaries before Super Tuesday.

The result is every 4 years, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina and Nevada have even more money blasting in. Some businesses and people become able to live off of only the business done during the primary season. New TV and radio stations open up solely to broadcast campaign stuff during The Season, sucking in additional money. The same thing happens with newspapers and even magazines.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nintendo Kid posted:

A change in election laws that allows Super PACs to directly fund campaign work but only in states holding primaries before Super Tuesday.

The result is every 4 years, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina and Nevada have even more money blasting in. Some businesses and people become able to live off of only the business done during the primary season. New TV and radio stations open up solely to broadcast campaign stuff during The Season, sucking in additional money. The same thing happens with newspapers and even magazines.

Who better than Trump to epitomize the convergence of political campaigning and reality television?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I'm thinking of setting up my own anti-Trump pac. Seems like a really good business to get in to.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

pay me 20k and ill say that you CAN stump the trump on all my social media accounts

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

pay me 20k and ill say that you CAN stump the trump on all my social media accounts

Please don't ask for less than $180,000 dollars, because that's what the GOP's going rate is.

For real.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mr. Pumroy posted:

this would have no noticeable effect on Jeb!s numbers

making it an infinity more effective spending choice than his 4M$ ad buy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
for $200,000 ill make Jeb! resonate with the youth by making nonsensical tweets in a shitposting voice

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Do It Once Right posted:

A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.

World Star.

http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?candidateCommitteeId=P60010683&tabIndex=3

I don't know what the federalist party is but my vote is going to Trippy Cup AKA Young Tripz AKA The Goat Sir AKA The Prophet AKA Earl

lol: http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/P60016649/1027117/

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

paranoid randroid posted:

for $200,000 ill make Jeb! resonate with the youth by making nonsensical tweets in a shitposting voice

If the GOP ever realizes all they need to do is pay off @dril, we're doomed.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 27, 2015

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

Ah yes, the noble Iowan, who lives solely off hunting the campaign herds. The bigger game, they bleed gently, knowing that it may return in 4 years, hale and healthy with new funds. But when the weaker campaigns falter, they pull out their knives, to harvest as much as they can, lest it stagger on into South Carolina, taking its bounty further afield.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Carrasco posted:

If the GOP ever realizes all they need to do is pay off @drill, we're doomed.

Too late. Dril's hot takes have destroyed them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/657978285272469504

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I swear on my life, I swear on all that is true and you can toxx the gently caress out of me as sure as you read this - Next presidential election cycle I'll be on the ballot. Because the barrier to entry is so loving low. I swear you'll be able to vote for me next election.

You won't - but you can. You will be able to cast your vote for me, personally. I swear it.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Do It Once Right posted:

I swear on my life, I swear on all that is true and you can toxx the gently caress out of me as sure as you read this - Next presidential election cycle I'll be on the ballot. Because the barrier to entry is so loving low. I swear you'll be able to vote for me next election.

You won't - but you can. You will be able to cast your vote for me, personally. I swear it.

that list is just the people who filled out one form, under whatever name

actually getting on a ballot is harder

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Do It Once Right posted:

Are you rich?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Do It Once Right posted:

I'll vote for you deez nutz

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

Are you rich?

I'm a white male, and I don't understand your question?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

grip the hot take firmly and it will not scorch you, friendo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Do It Once Right posted:

The easiest state to get legit on the general election ballot (albeit as third party) seems to be New Jersey. After all, Jeff Boss consistently does it and he's pretty crazy.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

But Putin is on record multiple times saying Communism is a mistake? I'm starting to think your genes might not be as superior as you think.

Smoothrich looked Putin in the eyes and saw three letters.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Do It Once Right posted:

I'm a white male, and I don't understand your question?
"Temporarily embarrassed millionaire," then. I was just trying to understand your chances ahead of time.

Good luck and godspeed!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Over at NewsMax, Bill Kristol says the end may be near for Jeb!, which is exactly the shot in the arm the Jeb! camp was looking for.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 22, 2016

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I really have a hard time imagining JEB! dropping out before New Hampshire tbh

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
New Hampshire's ballot access is actually pretty damned easy. All you have to do is fill out a declaration of candidacy and fork over $1,000 and you're on the ballot in the famous New Hampshire Primary. New Hampshire Primary Ballot Access thus makes a fine gift for a retiring parent or a newlywed or some such...expensive but thoughtful, and they'll be able to say they got 7 votes or whatever in a US Presidential election for the rest of their lives.

MasterControl
Jul 28, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Patter Song posted:

New Hampshire's ballot access is actually pretty damned easy. All you have to do is fill out a declaration of candidacy and fork over $1,000 and you're on the ballot in the famous New Hampshire Primary. New Hampshire Primary Ballot Access thus makes a fine gift for a retiring parent or a newlywed or some such...expensive but thoughtful, and they'll be able to say they got 7 votes or whatever in a US Presidential election for the rest of their lives.

So your saying Lowtax for pres in nh? I'll donate to that super pac

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

MasterControl posted:

So your saying Lowtax for pres in nh? I'll donate to that super pac

Which primary do you think he'd want to be in? GOP or Dem?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Nintendo Kid posted:

I know you know this because you're whiz kid Donny Smith, but Super PAC ad buys also don't get preferred rates. So stations can charge whatever they want for that ad time. Citizens United is an elaborate experiment designed to figure out the effects of pouring money into early primary states.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Jeb Bush and George W. Bush chide Donald Trump

quote:

Discussing the government’s response to the terrorism of Sept. 11, 2001, Jeb Bush told a forum in Houston that his brother provided a “case study in leadership” after the attacks on New York City and the Pentagon.

“To create a new narrative on how he led is a joke,” he said. “It reflects a lack of seriousness.”

Wow, some tag team Bush boys... Really laying into Trump there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Do It Once Right posted:

Nobody in the US knows or cares about Jimmy Saville. Nobody cares about the UK pedo ring, for the simple fact that we all 100% just assumed.
Nobody in the US cares about your PM loving a dead pig, either.

US politics is 100% insulated from UK buggery. If I ever discussed it with friends or coworkers, I might as well be talking about Uruguay's fiscal policy, or Argentina's infrastructure spending.
Give us your next boy band and shut up until you do.

This is the most true thing ever written

• Locked thread