Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I have some regrets about skipping Metroplex.

I'm sure next year I'll have regrets about skipping Devastator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

i regret not buying two metroplexes, especially after the Takara designer showed how to make a more G1 looking city mode with a few minor gun position alterations.

I wish I had a second big red gun. Because he turned the fist gun arm into a proper tower and they dressed it up with the Combiner Wars guys so it looked the way it was displayed in the 1986 catalogue.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 27, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I've had to pass on Devs because I just don't have the room in my luggage. :saddowns:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

I've had to pass on Devs because I just don't have the room in my luggage. :saddowns:

No no no wait when they're all in vehicle mode they take up less than half the packaging don't screw this up!!!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Prime has Bumblebee's half of the burnt out Matrix in his chest, although maybe it was partially restored or something

SlothfulCobra posted:

Between Aligned and Young Justice, do ten year plans for media franchises ever work?
They both had pretty obvious mismanagement, though - the studio just doing what it wanted is clearly why aligned didn't go together very well, though, they probably needed to spend more time planning in the first place.

Young Justice was just a mess from start to finish. I struggle to think of something I liked the premise of so much that fell apart as quickly and horribly as that show. Saints, it even had a loving time skip like they thought they were writing shonen. It feels like neither of these had subtle, intrinsic problems underlying in the planning and much more obvious up front issues that doomed the production.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

therealjon_ posted:

I regret losing Scamper somehow. (Younger cousin, I'm looking at you. :mad: )

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Blackheart posted:

Takara Superion has white handfeet.

He's ready to fight this guy:

I'm trying to figure out how Skywarp fixes to Galvatronus's chest there, I guess it's a cheat?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm trying to figure out how Skywarp fixes to Galvatronus's chest there, I guess it's a cheat?

The pegs are probably being held by Skywarp's hands. His shoulders dislocate as part of the transformation.

EDIT: No wait, that's for the Motormaster/Prime mold. Lemme figure this out.

EDIT2: Okay, I figured it out.

You get a Legends Seeker into a sitting position with his wings as a cape. You open up Galvatronus/Superion's chest and sort of hug the Seeker with the chest flaps. It stays better than Blackjack/Rodimus on Menasor/Prime's chest.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 27, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The pegs are probably being held by Skywarp's hands. His shoulders dislocate as part of the transformation.

EDIT: No wait, that's for the Motormaster/Prime mold. Lemme figure this out.

I was typing the exact same answer and had the same realization

By the way, don't peg the seeker mold to the Motormaster mold anyway, the hands can crack. Unless you shave the pegs down I guess.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

What's the story behind Young Justice? I just read the Wikipedia article on it and it just mentioned it was canceled abruptly.

So if you subscribe to the Skywarp-becomes-Cyclonus view, what does this imply exactly, and how does Galvatron fit in to it?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

What's the story behind Young Justice? I just read the Wikipedia article on it and it just mentioned it was canceled abruptly.

So if you subscribe to the Skywarp-becomes-Cyclonus view, what does this imply exactly, and how does Galvatron fit in to it?

Skywarp is like Minumus Ambus, in that Cyclonus is a suit he wears. Since the Galvatronus torso is a hideous Thing Which Should Not Be, his butt sticks out and it makes everything awkward. He's got, like, three heads at this point.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Knormal posted:

Young Justice got canned for a ton of reasons but in my opinion the biggest one is that Cartoon Network and DC Comics hate each other's guts, it's rather telling that the only CN property that DC makes any comics for these days is Scooby Doo, everything else gets licensed out to other companies, and that the only reason Teen Titans Go is still going is due to it doing insanely well ratings wise so CN is willing to overlook things

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So what's the turn around time for TT releasing Legends stuff into the wild and seeing reviews of it? I am really wondering how much Slipstream will fix on the Windblade mold, and how much will be much worse. (because something will)

Knormal posted:

It was a couple years so my memory is definitely faulty but the last season (of two) was very poorly written, the entire production was riddled with delays - it started in late 2010 and finished in early 2013 which is more years than seasons but when it finished they came out whining they had this overarching massive seven year plan for the plot of the show, in spite of the fact almost nothing in the second season made much sense as basically half the episodes end with the heroes scoring a win and then a bunch of shadowy figures meet and say 'Just as planned'. They also much like Prime had a planned video game that I believe never came out - except the video game was supposed to explain a bunch of poo poo that happened between season 1 and 2, which made for a really confusing season. Or I could making all of this up. I really liked the show, but it was really disappointing. And rapey.

edit: Oh apparently the video game meant to explain events between s1 and s2 was released AFTER the show was cancelled. Score.

I believe the more honest reason for its failure, despite all that, is Green Lantern toys destroying their access to shelf space, which kept the show from getting any real merch cash for years. My understanding is there was some underlying friction between CN and DC over licensing agreements and where the money for each company was supposed to come from. That is probably what ruined the Green Lantern CG show, as well. Hmm, I've never asked Rhyno how he felt about that movie.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 27, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Don't even get me started man. I was hate-posting as soon as the credits rolled.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The game came out after the last episode aired.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

i regret not buying two metroplexes, especially after the Takara designer showed how to make a more G1 looking city mode with a few minor gun position alterations.

I wish I had a second big red gun. Because he turned the fist gun arm into a proper tower and they dressed it up with the Combiner Wars guys so it looked the way it was displayed in the 1986 catalogue.

Pics?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Slipstream is out and mine should be here Thurs, if there is anything you want to know about her.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Here's one in the similar style transformation that I have mine(but I think they have third party mods attached)

the arm being up in the air and the red gun being attached to the helipad make a ton of difference. Since I don't have a second red gun I have a black gun attached to the ramp storage area. I also have a black gun attached to the little port on the surface of the helipad.

But yeah it really makes the base mode look like a base instead of just a robot sitting down nodded off.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 27, 2015

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

But yeah it really makes the base mode look like a base instead of just a robot sitting down nodded off.

That's awesome! Looking forward to getting home and trying that out.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rythe posted:

I'm pretty sure that is the poster I gave you for the secret exchange last year, looks great with you shaving l amazing collection.

Ah, so it was you. Thank you! That was the most amazing secret santa. A poster and McChangables and a tape and a Cosmos. Like, the TFTM poster alone probably would have been enough. You went above and beyond the call of duty, sir! :911:

drrockso20 posted:

Young Justice got canned for a ton of reasons but in my opinion the biggest one is that Cartoon Network and DC Comics hate each other's guts, it's rather telling that the only CN property that DC makes any comics for these days is Scooby Doo, everything else gets licensed out to other companies, and that the only reason Teen Titans Go is still going is due to it doing insanely well ratings wise so CN is willing to overlook things

Man it seems like Cartoon Network is a company that just doesn't get along with anyone, ever.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
They seem to like Adventure Time.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
But also Johnny Test.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You know who also likes Johnny test?

Hitler

Hitler vons Rosenburg.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'd say Johnny Test is about as bad as Hitler, yeah. That show should be considered a war crime.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'd say Johnny Test is about as bad as Hitler, yeah. That show should be considered a war crime.

The one thing I remember about Johnny test is that the creators bragged about how much little work they do and how it keeps the show afloat by the lack of effort.

Apparently one of the hardest episodes they ever did was the tom and jerry homage but they missed entirely what tom and jerry was about. They just thought it meant no talking and just fighting which was simplicity. They didn't realize what made them interesting was how elaborate the character movements were and how expressive both of the characters are in the original tom and jerry cartoons.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tom and Jerry are pretty poo poo.

Things that aren't poo poo:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/26/giant-robots-ninja-turtles-monster-motors-and-more-talking-with-nick-roche/

Get hype

quote:

Spencer Ellsworth: Last Stand of the Wreckers was really, to me, a great war movie—a one-­in-­a-­million mission, green soldiers and hardened veterans, and a bittersweet ending steeped in the fog of war. Is Sins of the Wreckers along the same lines?

Nick Roche: Some of the soldiers actually WERE green. Some were brown. One was purple.
/

NICK.jpg

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

Ah, so it was you. Thank you! That was the most amazing secret santa. A poster and McChangables and a tape and a Cosmos. Like, the TFTM poster alone probably would have been enough. You went above and beyond the call of duty, sir! :911:

I got all types of random Transformer stuff for this year, some toys from the early 2000s along with some stuff that looks silly from eBay.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Does anyone make a tiny toy wheelchair? I want to put Doctor Scalpel in one to enhance the Dr. Stangelove vibe.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Sizone posted:

Does anyone make a tiny toy wheelchair? I want to put Doctor Scalpel in one to enhance the Dr. Stangelove vibe.

Who's Doctor scalpel?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Who's Doctor scalpel?

Character on animated and one of the Bay movies, but that's not real important. What matters is that he's a goofy little nazi decepticon science bot with a cartoonish German accent who transforms into a microscope.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scalpel

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Who's Doctor scalpel?

That weird spider bug from one of the Transformers movies. He had a scout figure where he turned into a microscope.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sizone posted:

Character on animated and one of the Bay movies, but that's not real important. What matters is that he's a goofy little nazi decepticon science bot with a cartoonish German accent who transforms into a microscope.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scalpel

What? Ripping off Dr. Go, aka Herr Fiend, which happens to be the name of my car? Boo.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Steve Vader posted:

What? Ripping off Dr. Go, aka Herr Fiend, which happens to be the name of my car? Boo.

Goebel-bot

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Will Sins of the wreckers give us toys? If not then may it be cast into oblivion. If it does then let us embrace it with all of our collective being.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Steve Vader posted:

Dr. Go is a great name for a car.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

That reminds me. I'm catching up on MTMTE and I've seen a couple references to "The Knock-Offs." Any chance we will start getting some Go-Bot integration into TF lore? Aside from ancient Megatron beating Cy-Kill in a pit fight.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Steve Vader posted:

That reminds me. I'm catching up on MTMTE and I've seen a couple references to "The Knock-Offs." Any chance we will start getting some Go-Bot integration into TF lore? Aside from ancient Megatron beating Cy-Kill in a pit fight.
To answer your question, they can whenever they like, so if a writer decides they want to. The Knock-Offs are a whole different thing though, as I assume you know?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Will Sins of the wreckers give us toys? If not then may it be cast into oblivion. If it does then let us embrace it with all of our collective being.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I do not know. I know "knock-offs" as a generic term for lame copy toys that Thew destroys. Perhaps I'm not far enough into MTMTE yet to see where they define it.

I will say that, reading Dark Cybertron again, I liked it a lot more this time thanks to reading it all in one sitting.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

I would crack a joke about police brutality or something but it's early in the morning and my brain isn't working yet.

I never did post TFCon haul pics. So instead I'll post my MP shelves which have the entire of my haul on them. (Star Saber, Chromedome, Insecticons)

My god man, buy a poster frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Steve Vader posted:

I do not know. I know "knock-offs" as a generic term for lame copy toys that Thew destroys. Perhaps I'm not far enough into MTMTE yet to see where they define it.
Tyrest talks about it, it is the focus of Remain In Light (so before Dark Cybertron), but to put it under spoilers - As Megatron mentions early on, Transformers lived under an apartheid of sorts for a time (I think he explicitly defines it as such) where you had Constructed Cold and Forged Transformers. Within the narrative, Transformers are either born from sparks or born from "spark splicing".

However, what they were actually doing was splicing from the Matrix to force new sparks into being. Those new sparks created constructed cold Transformers, which are referred to as "knock offs" and later "MTO soldiers", ie, Made To Order which they treated as disposable cannon fodder

The whole focus of Remain in Light was destroying all of the "knock offs". It isn't a reference to Go Bots in MTMTE I don't think.