Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yeah her too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wait what the heck is fates? is that like some fire emblem game i dont know about

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

wait what the heck is fates? is that like some fire emblem game i dont know about

Yeah

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/MAeWjCwPKZ7CbdVSb16-CWPSR5cThPbc

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 26, 2015

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I'm looking forward to P5 because it looks like these teens have attitude.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Luna Was Here posted:

It's an anime rubbing simulator.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress i still have to play through awakening

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
or can i just play through the games in any order

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fates has references to Awakening, but you could play through either in any order

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ay gurl lemme refit your bandages

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
neat. speaking of Awakening, Im in Chapter 15 but I feel like my only two really good characters are the MC Chrom and Lucina to an extent. Did I mess up or is this how its supposed to be or ??? I've played Xcom which is somewhat similar to this game in terms of gridbased strategy games but I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be. I'm playing through on Hard and theres like 30 or something dudes in this current battle and I feel like I'm probably just a scrub but it seems like if I try to do anything with any of my other party members they just get hosed and die and I don't like losing anyone. also how many more chapters are there? a lot or a little????

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You're a bit more than halfway through the game (less if you recruit more children). You probably had Chrom and your Avatar take on a lot of units in the early game which made them super strong, but left the others behind. If you want to, you CAN truck along with only those two, but if you want the others to catch up, you can grind encounters on the world map, or summon units from old FE games to fight by going into the Wireless menu on the world map and opening the Bonus Box.

The dedicated Awakening thread is still active, so go either there or to the general Fire Emblem thread for more questions.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
will playing awakening prepare me for the smt x fe mashup or will i need more knowledge of the rest of the games?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It only has people from the first game and Awakening, I think, so unless you want to try Shadow Dragon or the earlier remake, yeah.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

will playing awakening prepare me for the smt x fe mashup or will i need more knowledge of the rest of the games?

I'd wager a decent number of characters will be awakening ones so it should do, although #fe plays nothing like an fe game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

put cynthia in the game shigeru

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

nothing will prepare you for the smt x fe mashup

nothing

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Maybe Id@lmaster and Persona.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Play idolmaster.

edit: fb

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
please refer to it by its true name, illusory revelations hashtag eff ee.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm not going to buy #FE.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Good.

projecthalaxy posted:

I probably will

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I definitely will buy #FE.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will buy it and then I may or may not like it, but I would hope for the former

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I will wait until #FE is closer to release and there's more information on it before I decide whether or not to buy it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The costume designer for #FE has a fetish for brown combat boots.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I definitely will buy #FE.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I definitely will buy the $90 special edition of #FE.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I definitely will not buy #FE.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

(The possibility of #FE being a good game.....It fills you with determination.)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I won't buy #FE but i will buy Record Breaker when it finally comes to Europe in three days

Speaking of which, has there been any word on whether or not it will be available on the eShop?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

For everyone saying they aren't buying #FE I hope it's because you don't own a Wii U

Also: buy a Wii U. They're good.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

you know there was this perfectly good post just two above that one you could've quoted without having to edit anything

projecthalaxy posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tae posted:

The costume designer for #FE has a fetish for brown combat boots.

good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

littleorv posted:

For everyone saying they aren't buying #FE I hope it's because you don't own a Wii U

they're okay

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Inflammatory posted:

you know there was this perfectly good post just two above that one you could've quoted without having to edit anything

That would require me to have the attention span and intelligence of more than a goldfish

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It will be good, and you will regret it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When #FE comes out, you will regret your words and deeds.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

littleorv posted:

Oh man, goddammit. I thought it was going to be a 3DS game.

I'd rather kickstart buying an ice cream truck for a pedophile than buy a Wii U.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vengarr posted:

I'd rather kickstart buying an ice cream truck for a pedophile than buy a Wii U.

Why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

littleorv posted:

Oh, right, forgot about that. Maybe at some point I'll buy a Wii U and then can decide on buying #FE.

Vengarr posted:

That's not very nice