Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
This game looks pretty fun but I'm running lovely Vista, I know it says 7 minimum but I've ran plenty of newer games with words and stuff saying I can't before, anyone run it on Vista yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

extra stout posted:

This game looks pretty fun but I'm running lovely Vista, I know it says 7 minimum but I've ran plenty of newer games with words and stuff saying I can't before, anyone run it on Vista yet?

Does the future run on Vista to get that time machine working?

I don't know how well this game will run with Vista. Did DirectX 11 even exist when Vista was around?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

So why isn't there a 40k version of this game yet?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

extra stout posted:

I'm running it on Vista 64-bit and it works without a hitch. Only two crashes which other people experienced, so not-Vista specific.

Your mileage my vary, obviously, and you need 64-bit at least but Vista seems to work fine.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rurea posted:

So why isn't there a 40k version of this game yet?

Well there might be soon.

http://www.spacehulk-deathwing.com/

We'll see :v:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

That rise of the terminator video is everything i want

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Deathwing is probably not going to be as much a survival game as Vermintide. It's probably going to be a lot more flashy guns blazing murder the gently caress out of the Tyranids while not getting ripped apart by Genestealers kind of fun. Probably a lot more lethal than Vermintide since the basic Genestealers have rending claws that will tear through even the strongest Space Marine in no time. Think if it was an entire army of Stormvermin and Gutter Runners instead of junk clanrats.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

sirtommygunn posted:

PSA about the docks map, in the warehouse where you have to throw exploding barrels into the central structure: there is a little ledge made of planks that get you close enough to the center to throw the barrel into the middle spot. If you do not throw it from there, you will miss and make everyone take another minute or so to get another barrel ready. Stop causing me to lose every run because you try the same throw from the side 5 loving times and can't get it through your thick goddam head that it will never work. Do not then call me an idiot and/or rear end in a top hat for coming down to personally throw the barrel in because "that's not how you do this map".

Sorry, I am salty about bad elf pubbies.

always grab a barrel and do that one the instant you get into that warehouse first, while there's still 5 barrels spawning

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Is there a mumble server? Group chat via the steam group seems to be dead.

Playing with pubbies on hard is making me wish my soldier's warhammer was friendly fire enabled.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We use cts.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Think if it was an entire army of Stormvermin and Gutter Runners instead of junk clanrats.

But you all have stormbolters. :black101:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Vermintide: Sorry, I am salty about bad elf pubbies.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

hooman posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Vermintide: Sorry, I am salty about bad elf pubbies.

Bad elf player spotted.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Finally got my first blue for the witch hunter in a rapier with mighty shoves and chance on guard break to regain full guard and it's night and day compared to using the lovely white axe I had before. I had kind of written the rapier off in normal because it couldn't one shot clan rats but now that I pretty much only play hard or nightmare the extra hitstun and swing speed is super invaluable. Between the faster swing, the wider arc, and headshot it more than makes up in lethality compared to the zweihander.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

hooman posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Vermintide: Sorry, I am salty about bad elfs pubbies.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So apparently if one PC drops during the escape on Horn you can't trigger the lift.

gently caress.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

hooman posted:

Vermintide: Right in the dongliz

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

hooman posted:

I laughed.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
I got my first trinket today. Now I take 20% or so less damage from packmasters. :geno:

chawbacon
Aug 26, 2012
Edit:: I'm a scrublord and can't right click

chawbacon fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 27, 2015

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

FrancoFish posted:

Bad elf player spotted.

I'll have you know I'm a bad Soldier player thank you :colbert:

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
Fun fact: while using the rapier, you are actually dual-wielding it with a pistol (visible while you shove people). There is a tertiary attack button that starts off unbound or bound to something weird, and once you rebind it you can hit that button to take a shot with the pistol in your left hand, which seems to have similar damage properties to the brace of pistols. Aiming is a little harder, but once you get used to it this can be really strong in some situations.

(Also, this game owns.)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Its bound to a mouse thumb button by default for me. I wonder whether kills with that pistol count for on-kill effects and how it gets upgraded.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

extra stout posted:

Im running it on Vista on my garbage 6 year old laptop thats falling apart. Its on lowest everything but it runs no problem.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

hooman posted:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

:eyepop:

I feel like if I combine 5 items to make a new item of a higher quality, I should be able to choose which class item I want, rather than it being 100% random.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Tamayachi posted:

I feel like if I combine 5 items to make a new item of a higher quality, I should be able to choose which class item I want, rather than it being 100% random.
It supposedly has a chance to get an item based on what you put in: chuck in three rapiers, you've got a 60% chance of pulling out a rapier. Supposedly. This checks out anecdotally for me, btw.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ravenfood posted:

It supposedly has a chance to get an item based on what you put in: chuck in three rapiers, you've got a 60% chance of pulling out a rapier. Supposedly. This checks out anecdotally for me, btw.

It very much has a chance based off of what you put in. Provided you keep matching items, the central picture of what you'll get will show a matching item. It's only when you start mixing does the icon switch to a question mark. 5 items, 1/5 chance to get a copy of whatever item you put in. Put 5 of the same item, 100% chance for a next tier item of the same type. Put 3/5 in and 2/5 junk, 60% of the same item, 40% or 20/20% chance for something else.

And, hey, if you've got a bunch of white/green trash you don't care about, you can always use them to upgrade to the next level and then salvage for parts to use for unlocking weapon abilities.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tamayachi posted:

20% chance per item you put in of a type for it to be that type

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.
Finally got my item luck to turn around on the Soldier. Got a mace and shield exotic with heal on hit, strong pushes, and chance to not use stamina on push. I also picked up an exotic handgun with faster reloads, and who really gives a poo poo about the other two properties beyond that? I feel goddamn unstoppable on my nightmare runs now, especially compared to when I was trying to make the Zweihander work.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Stormgale posted:

Which is a pretty terrible idea.

For instance, I am lv 26 and love playing Witch Hunter but RNG hates me and refuses to give me a decent rapier or pistols. I could try and craft some but I need said rapier/pistols to craft more of them.

It's pretty much a catch 22 unless you have a metric poo poo-ton of whites of the exact same weapon type.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nah, I prefer the predictability.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Calihan posted:

Which is a pretty terrible idea.

For instance, I am lv 26 and love playing Witch Hunter but RNG hates me and refuses to give me a decent rapier or pistols. I could try and craft some but I need said rapier/pistols to craft more of them.

It's pretty much a catch 22 unless you have a metric poo poo-ton of whites of the exact same weapon type.

It's a little of both, honestly just do some Black powder and chill and get what yo want, I've gotten some great blues and a few insane oranges (Beam staff with reduced overcharge damage, reduced overcharge rate and heal on kill))

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Two red hats, two orange trinkets, but still no orange weapons :shepface:

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
I did a thing today.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Feonir posted:

I did a thing today.

Perfect leaping gutter runner snipe followed by getting shanked in the side by a bloody skavenslave is a very good summary of this game.

All you need is a pubby running past swinging a 2 handed weapon at nothing and it's complete.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Three times today I have been within one too many or too few successes to finally get a green or blue rapier. :shepicide:

I have not found a single rapier of any color so far. The blue pistols with Targeteer make up for it some, though.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Stormgale posted:

I think there's more to it. I threw in a bunch of whites and got a staff for my Bright Wizard, a class I hadn't thrown in. It might be an in-slot thing instead?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Nebiros posted:

I think there's more to it. I threw in a bunch of whites and got a staff for my Bright Wizard, a class I hadn't thrown in. It might be an in-slot thing instead?

That is possible, it's what I had heard and made sense.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Does the +Attack Speed mod on a Bright Wizard stick improve her charge time for the alt fire spells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Was in the middle of a perfect no damage run on the bell map. On the third pillar, I got surrounded by three Stormvermin and died. :(

• Locked thread