Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

the sequel manages to be worse somehow. is it the redone version at least?

yes. the textures look good but the sound is rear end.

In Training posted:

have you played stalker?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

yes. the textures look good but the sound is rear end.

no

Metro 2033 is like a pale imitation of stalker, give the stalker trilogy a shot. :cheerdoge:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first time I ran into a Controller in the SoC underground I shat my pants.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Metro 2033 is like a pale imitation of stalker, give the stalker trilogy a shot. :cheerdoge:

i do wish stalker looked as good as metro though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
has anybody else played siren: blood curse? because its good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

has anybody else played siren: blood curse? because its good

It's great but takes some getting used to. Btw it's also terrifying! It's on PSNow

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

that friday the 13th kickstarter game has potential but gently caress spending money on a kickstarter game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

You can get banned for saying stuff like that

One of my other accounts literally was for saying borderlands is bad.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
something awful is so good holy poo poo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Sonic 3 & Knuc's Kniggas

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
how the freaking heck are you supposed to do a no kill run in lone survivor

some of the zombies are just straight up blocking the hall way with no hiding spots so you can't even bait them with meat if you wanted to!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
is this going to be the day I just look up the best ending on YouTube....no...

NOOOOOOoooooo!!!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey it's Two Weeks until Halloween! I'm kinda sick but I hope everyone is enjoying spooky games!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i need to finish dead space 2. ive gotten as far as the playschool full of exploding toddler zombies

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Tarranon posted:

how the freaking heck are you supposed to do a no kill run in lone survivor

some of the zombies are just straight up blocking the hall way with no hiding spots so you can't even bait them with meat if you wanted to!

I think a no-kill run is possible but not actually 100% required for the best ending. You need to end the game with the best mental health possible and take an alternate path at the end and yes, killing poo poo drops your mental health but it's not as though it's impossible to get it back.

That said, flares. Flares are your best friend, get shitloads of them.

e; yeah I looked it up you don't have to avoid killing anything for the best ending and it's not even really the most important thing there's a bunch of other arcane bullshit that helps to keep your mental health in top shape

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

i need to finish dead space 2. ive gotten as far as the playschool full of exploding toddler zombies

That parts crazy but still earlier in. I recommend the saw blade weapon fit that section. They just throw themselves on. Keep an eye out for the babies
Remember that you can incapacitate a baby and use its body as an explosive.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
im having a lot of fun playing the call of chernobyl mod op

somehow the red forest still manages to give me the spooks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Hey it's Two Weeks until Halloween! I'm kinda sick but I hope everyone is enjoying spooky games!

In DQVIII last night I was exploring a crypt and fought a variety of skeletons and undead monsters.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Fatal frame comes out tomorrow :)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Famous TV Dad posted:

Fatal frame comes out tomorrow :)

hey you should come back with a review!

:siren:It is 5 DAYS until Halloween!:siren:
i hope you got your costumes together!

I kind've struggled to come up with one more game to recommend that I hadn't already covered. But the current Capcom Humble Bundle has the first episode of Resident Evil Revelations 2 on the 1 dollar donation. It's an excellent resident evil, I'd say it's the best one since 4 by a mile!

Resident Evil RE2 is an episodic survival horror where the player can play as either Claire Redfield/Moria Burton or Barry Burton/Casandra . The game carries the 2 character idea from 4,5,6 but allows you to freely switch between the two characters at will (as long as you're playing single player). Two characters are also unique in their rolls, too. Claire and Barry are the main damage dealers and Moria/Casandra do their own special thing. Both can mark hidden objects (Cassandra can detect enemies through walls) and both are usually used to solve puzzles. Moria's flashlight can also be used to stun enemies and can open special boxes. It's surprisingly dynamic and tons of fun with a partner. Heads up they don't have a shared inventory so if you pick up ammo or something as Cassandra it'll be in her inventory and you'll have to move it over. It's pretty easy but the inventory menu doesn't pause the game (there's a button that allows you to quick use green herbs).
This game is just really really good! There's a few callbacks to RE1 and RE2, and canonically it takes place after RE5. But, it doesn't ever go into that overly action packed direction that RE5 and 6 get into. It plays a whole lot like a co-opable RE4. Its story outside of the mainline events is actually pretty good, too. It's not very serious but it has a great villain and continuity. Something that you do as Claire can effect the campaign for Barry, so optional things to make things easy for Claire will make things harder for Barry. That doesn't work in vice-versa as Barry shows up on the island after Claire does.
Like I said, this game is sort of like if they applied the controls RE6 into an RE4 design. There's tons of readable lore, collectables (blue plates and medals), and solid enemy designs. There are also some cool touches in how characters react and interact with each other. This also might be the first resident evil game since 4 to scare you, too.
The port runs pretty well too but the game defaults to like 800X600 and weird settings so you'll want to change that immediately. Also the PC version has some weird REnet if you want to play online that I haven't yet figured out. I don't think it's DRM because the game launches straight from steam, I think you might even be able to play it while it downloads other chapters.

The chapters may have turned you off away when this game first came out. Currently all the chapters are out along with a Raid Mode. Each individual chapter normally cost like 5 bucks and I think it's cheaper all together.

But the $1 level comes with a -50% coupon for the whole game! (brings it to 19.99)

The first chapter might take you around 2 hours to get through. So I'd highly recommend playing it on the dollar tier from the current bundle, which has other great games, and see if you want the whole game. If I can figure out the ReNet or whatever I'd be happy to co-op on steam!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i want to play isaac afterbirth so bad dang. gently caress

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's stopping you

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

frank.club posted:

What's stopping you

it's not out for 4 days

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just in time for Halloween.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have to work on Halloween and the days leading up to it and I'm a baker at Dunkin' Donut's so my life will be hellish and terrifying enough for me on those days OP, without playing any scary bideo james. (Sorry, been reading a lot of YOSPOS lately).

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is DD gonna have some cool Halloween donut? There's one near me

If you work at that one hook me up when I come in

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

frank.club posted:

Is DD gonna have some cool Halloween donut? There's one near me

If you work at that one hook me up when I come in

DD always has a cool Halloween donut, its unthinkable that they wouldn't.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell if you go to one in Pinellas along the upper bay area chances are you'll eat a donut I helped make.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

DD always has a cool Halloween donut, its unthinkable that they wouldn't.

Will investigate

Wormskull posted:

Hell if you go to one in Pinellas along the upper bay area chances are you'll eat a donut I helped make.

that's a lot more south than me. I'm sure your donuts are delicious

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

frank.club posted:

Will investigate

that's a lot more south than me. I'm sure your donuts are delicious

They taste like my enormous stinking rear end!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*knuc voice* I'll take two

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

They taste like my enormous stinking rear end!

Erm... I think I'm just gonna go to Krispy Kreme.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Just kidding. I'll have a dozen of edwin's signature stank rear end butthole donuts please

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i downloaded and played a horror-ish game called rain, house, eternity by an indie game developer and i thought it was good. i will purchase fatal frame soon because fatal frame crimson butterfly is a top tier horror game and i hope they recaptured some of that magic

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I have to work on Halloween and the days leading up to it and I'm a baker at Dunkin' Donut's so my life will be hellish and terrifying enough for me on those days OP, without playing any scary bideo james. (Sorry, been reading a lot of YOSPOS lately).

I'll be having sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'll be having sex.

his name?

• Locked thread