Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Montasque posted:

Jeb Bush and George W. Bush chide Donald Trump

Wow, some tag team Bush boys... Really laying into Trump there.

"It reflects a lack of seriousness"

Jesus loving Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it connotes irony

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I'm starting to suspect that those articles are right and Jeb really does have no idea why he's losing.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

Jeb, what in the last 6 months has given you the idea that the Republican primary electorate thirsts for seriousness

Are you even trying. Do you need help, Jeb.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bob Ojeda posted:

Jeb, what in the last 6 months has given you the idea that the Republican primary electorate thirsts for seriousness

Are you even trying. Do you need help, Jeb.

He's realized there is only one way - he must appeal to us. The intellectuals.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

McDowell posted:

He's realized there is only one way - he must appeal to us. The intellectuals.

Jeb! - The Thinking Man's Wet Fart

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

William Bear posted:

"Jeb Can Fix It" has a nice double meaning:

He's assuring the public, "I can fix America"

He's assuring his donors, "Don't panic, I can fix this campaign!"

He should probably stay away from any "Jeb'll Fix It" branding unless he wants to be summoned as part of some kind of inquiry.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Jeb! - The Thinking Man's Wet Fart

We just need to hear his policies!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Jeb made Eric Cantor his co-chair in Virginia. He's that out of touch.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Montasque posted:

Jeb Bush and George W. Bush chide Donald Trump

Wow, some tag team Bush boys... Really laying into Trump there.

My brother totally says he did the job the best he could, your move Trump :smug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Jeb! always likes to play the Fixer archetype in Shadowrun, because it means he gets paid and doesn't have to take many risks.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I just realized who Jeb reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wulZFVNSo8s

He should have a sad horn play subtly in in the background whenever he enters a room

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Montasque posted:

Poor guy probably couldn't get a job anywhere else :(

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Lum_ posted:

Even more so now that it's not the 80s any more.

Gregoriev posted:

Who's fat Jon Hamm?

Ted Cruz. (The guy on the left is Tony Hadley, lead singer of Spandau Ballet, now 55 and doing the 80s band nostalgia circuit)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Montasque posted:

Not sure if the video of Jeb's BLAH BLAH BLAH has been posted so... here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHDzsqnKu1s

Dude is so salty these days.

Jeb won't get hit by the FEC, but I wonder who will hit him on this, other than Trump of course.... It seems like in your face collusion, and an act of desperation.

Also love how his Pac's lawyer is named Mr. Spies.

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/fecimg?_201510089002820143+0

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Please use NMS tags per forum rules, thanks.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 22, 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Do It Once Right posted:

I both love and hate my stupid silly country.

http://www.fec.gov/press/resources/2016presidential_form2nm.shtml

click the link, read the truth. A$$, DAT PHAT.

A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.
A$$, DAT PHAT.

World Star.
Fidel Castro/AYYY LMAO for Communist Party Ticket

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

For those of you who don't remember, Eric Cantor was #2 in the House GOP, but was arrogant, overconfident, and ignored his primary opponent, an obscure eccentric professor from a university no one had heard of named Brat. Cantor's campaigns spent more on steak dinners than Brat did campaigning (not a joke). Brat won and is now the spiritual center of the Freedom Caucus, their knight in shining armor who struck at the heart of the GOPe and won.

So, in other words, Cantor is a perfect fit for the Bush campaign. I hope they find room in their budget for tens of thousands of dollars of steaks!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MasterControl posted:

So your saying Lowtax for pres in nh? I'll donate to that super pac

reminder that drew curtis is on the ballot for governor of kentucky in just a couple weeks and is polling above the margin of error

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sk8r B0i

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

McDowell posted:

Poor guy probably couldn't get a job anywhere else :(

Actually he makes millions of dollars as the vice-chairman of an investment bank

so it's a happy ending all around

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Trump's back up account.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Patter Song posted:

New Hampshire's ballot access is actually pretty damned easy. All you have to do is fill out a declaration of candidacy and fork over $1,000 and you're on the ballot in the famous New Hampshire Primary. New Hampshire Primary Ballot Access thus makes a fine gift for a retiring parent or a newlywed or some such...expensive but thoughtful, and they'll be able to say they got 7 votes or whatever in a US Presidential election for the rest of their lives.

bah i got a vote for president in 2012 and all it cost me was a stamp

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Patter Song posted:

For those of you who don't remember, Eric Cantor was #2 in the House GOP, but was arrogant, overconfident, and ignored his primary opponent, an obscure eccentric professor from a university no one had heard of named Brat. Cantor's campaigns spent more on steak dinners than Brat did campaigning (not a joke). Brat won and is now the spiritual center of the Freedom Caucus, their knight in shining armor who struck at the heart of the GOPe and won.

So, in other words, Cantor is a perfect fit for the Bush campaign. I hope they find room in their budget for tens of thousands of dollars of steaks!

To add to that, Cantor embodied everything that Americans hate about politicians. I don't believe he lost his primary because he wasn't conservative enough (he was one of the most conservative members of congress by most measures) but because he was a politicial ladder climber that didn't give a poo poo about his constituents, he wasn't even in his district on Election Day. To drive it home, once he realized his politicial career was over he abandoned his seat go to make millions working on wall st.

I couldn't think of a better campaign chair for JEB to embody every reason he is polling at 5%, and I'm sure Cantors ties to Wall St played no small point in bringing him on Board so that JEB can keep rattling his tin can on Wall st for some more of that sweet sweet super pac money.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I really have a hard time imagining JEB! dropping out before New Hampshire tbh

Me too, but it's really not looking good for him, and his numbers just keep slowly eroding. Can he take another 3 months of this? I mean, mentally? Especially when it becomes more and more apparent that he's not going to win? It gets embarrassing after awhile. He's polling behind "Not Sure" now. He'd be lucky to finish top 5 in Iowa. His ceiling in New Hampshire appears to be third place. He's going to get flattened in South Carolina, and he's not even polling well in Florida, his "home" state. He's not going to win. It's really as simple as that.

The only things holding him in it is he's not broke, so he can afford to stay in, and he's a Bush, so his pride will keep him in it. But he's not going to win, so at some point you have to ask why you're still in the race.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 27, 2015

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

drat it Jeb, you're supposed to take the extra moment to furl it up so you can pull it all over your head at once. I'm glad he's not going to be president, I can only imagine him doing this to the US economy. :mad:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Trump just gained the Chappelle vote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po2Mkhn3TtQ
He will probably take the black vote back from the Democrats this year, what do you think, Boosted_C5?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

ErIog posted:

I also thought it was an unconscious thing. Generally what happens is that someone campaigning from the seat already looks fit for the job due to already having had the job. This is why there was a lot of talk in 2012 about how "presidential" Romney looked. The theory was that Obama's incumbency advantage would be lessened by the fact that Romney looked "presidential."

To be fair, Romney does look presidential. He looks more presidential than anyone who's ever actually been president.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Hahaha he says "special interest politics???" like a teenage girl

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So how long until Trump openly calls for lynching Latinos and people let him get away with it because by golly its so refreshing that he means what he says?

How are people entertained by this poo poo? It's loving scary. Unless you guys know something I don't this guy could very well be the next PoTUS.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Here are samples of presidents' presidentialness, for illustrative purposes, rated on a scale of ten along with the major influencing factors.

Obama: 5.2 (black)
Hillary: 5.7 (woman)
Dubya: 7.0 (chimp face)
Bill Clinton: 8.8 (doughy, slightly goofy expressions)
George H.W. Bush: 7.9 (vaguely nerdy/crotchety, inexplicably British face. 9.2 if not talking or smiling)
Reagan: 8.2 (wattle, hair incongruously black)
Carter: 7.8 (imperfectly parted hair, too obviously kind-hearted)
Ford: 6.8 (Biff-like)
LBJ: 6.6 (Nixon-style nose and cheeks, extremely low-hanging balls that necessitate specially tailored pants)
Nixon: 6.0 (Nixon)
Kennedy: 6.9 (young, looks like having an allergic reaction to a bee sting but still somehow handsome)
Eisenhower: 7.4 (doe-eyed, average height, but great poise)
Romney: 10.0 (nothing)

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how long until Trump openly calls for lynching Latinos and people let him get away with it because by golly its so refreshing that he means what he says?

How are people entertained by this poo poo? It's loving scary. Unless you guys know something I don't this guy could very well be the next PoTUS.

He has to actually win some primaries before he's even a real concern. Then he has to not bumble through the general which is pretty heavily slanted against him by any metric except maybe whites

psst voting doesn't even start for another 4 months

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Show the average American a picture of Romney, ask if he is president, and their response will be "obviously."

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

Show the average American a picture of Romney, ask if he is president, and their response will be "obviously."

I saw a Mitt Romney drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

That is so perfect.

Edit: I'm still excited by the guy that is excited by science. Look at Kerry's face.
gently caress your hoodie Bush.

When did being excited about science mean you couldn't be president. I'm so glad Obama brought the joy of science back to the whitehouse.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
That's an interesting bug...

Ok, now it works. Very weird.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 27, 2015

• Locked thread