Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Samog posted:

it's going to be bad

much like your maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Here''s the northern part of Hell

And Hell's Capital

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

What, no Nine Circles of Hell? Pfft

:dogout:

edit: can you explain the top buttons? The right part seems to choose what "layer" or world to see, but and the other buttons?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Menu buttons. I'd imagine to make the game more mobile friendly.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
the buttons don't do anything but they do let the player pretend conquest of elysium is interactive

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Conquest of Elysium is a game about not dying to deer for 50 turns and barely expanding until you randomly get a win screen because the other AI nations died to deer.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I admit you'll probably never see any of the other planes in most games and that having a gate open to Inferno can pretty much end the game where giant stacks of demons pour out and start depopulating settlements even if it's year 1.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 22, 2015

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

illwinter posted:

There is a steam page for Conquest of Elysium 4 now with more information about game. The game will be released on steam in mid November.

So next month.

edit: mass polymorph??

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 23, 2015

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i was having fun with the newbie game until it turns out on the other half of the map everyone left Berytos alone and let him vulture literally every other dying nation so now he has 1,000,000 demon knights and storm demons and three times more research than everyone else. if it wasn't in a small community of friends i'd just set AI so what's the cutest way for EA vanheim to vanish into obscurity with at least a fun exit strategy, since 60% of my army all decided to rout into a black hole after getting hit by a few lightning bolts?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Luceid posted:

i was having fun with the newbie game until it turns out on the other half of the map everyone left Berytos alone and let him vulture literally every other dying nation so now he has 1,000,000 demon knights and storm demons and three times more research than everyone else. if it wasn't in a small community of friends i'd just set AI so what's the cutest way for EA vanheim to vanish into obscurity with at least a fun exit strategy, since 60% of my army all decided to rout into a black hole after getting hit by a few lightning bolts?

The biggest gently caress you global you can crank out.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
I'll see what I can do but as far as I can tell he's going to put up Astral Corruption to gently caress all of us any turn now at which point I will just go ai

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
use your own stack of one million storm demons and air mages

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Luceid posted:

if it wasn't in a small community of friends i'd just set AI

Convince your friends to go AI with you.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
There is no friendship in Dominions. In the end, somebody gotta win by grinding every other rear end in a top hat into the dirt.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Dominions Four: Assholes grinding Assholes

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
good old armless pate. might need help wiping his arse but he's a terror with that crossbow.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Enjoy posted:

good old armless pate. might need help wiping his arse but he's a terror with that crossbow.

Just grind your arsehole against another armless crossbow man's arsehole. Thats the Dom4 way.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I hate how late game Dominions becomes a battle in how much you care about the game

amuayse fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 26, 2015

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

amuayse posted:

I hate how late game Dominions because a battle in how much you care about the game

Dominions 4, the ultimate enemy is yourself.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

The ultimate dominions strategy is weaponizing your opponent's boredom

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

ChickenWing posted:

The ultimate dominions strategy is weaponizing your opponent's boredom

Having a game break for a week at Christmastime is a great way to conquer powerful foes who never come back to their turns.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

amuayse posted:

I hate how late game Dominions becomes a battle in how much you care about the game

I've been reading this thread and getting interested in Dominions again, and this is one of the biggest factors keeping me from picking it back up. That and my having flaked horribly on past games and feeling guilty about it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Guys, I need help because I don't understand this:

Last turn, this Coya was in command of a sizable army and moved into a completely different province, together with a large force of mages.

This turn, the mages and the units the Coya commanded are now in the province they should be in, but the Coya ended up in this other province, together with a Madman. The Madman apparently turned up out of thin air.

So is there a event stealing your commander, putting him(or her in this case) down in another province and giving her a Madman so they won't feel lonely? Also why the hell was the commander leaving all her units back? And why did those suddenly leaderless units move on into the correct province without trouble?

What the hell has happened? :confused:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Libluini posted:

Guys, I need help because I don't understand this:

What the hell has happened? :confused:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
To be a bit more verbose, one of my commanders suddenly decided to abandon all her units, wander off into the wrong direction and got subsequently killed. Also madman out of loving nowhere.

No in-game message, nothing. Her units even turned up in the same province the rest of the army was marching to. Just this commander didn't want to go there for some reason.

My first thought was a spell or an event, but again: No message from the game. Also the enemy has the wrong paths for those spells anyway. And some of them don't even work on mages like this commander.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
hax

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
*Yawn* Another turn. More site searching, more site searching, small raiding battle reports, random eve-....What the gently caress? Forgotten city, what the hell are you talking about?

WHERE THE gently caress DID YOU FIND THAT FISH? YOU WERE FOUND IN A LANDLOCKED MOUNTAIN PROVINCE...

AND WHY ARE YOU A MAGIC BEING?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Gaghskull posted:

WHERE THE gently caress DID YOU FIND THAT FISH? YOU WERE FOUND IN A LANDLOCKED MOUNTAIN PROVINCE...

Mountains have streams, y'know.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Lprsti99 posted:

Mountains have streams, y'know.

Cod lives in the ocean. :colbert:

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Cod are also much bigger than that.

If those two madmen are from the same game it looks like an event linked with the discovery of the forgotten city misfired.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Gaghskull posted:

Cod lives in the ocean. :colbert:

Not all of them :smugbert:

Carcer posted:

Obviously he picked a juvenile so he could be the Fish of Cod.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Carcer posted:

If those two madmen are from the same game it looks like an event linked with the discovery of the forgotten city misfired.

There are two "forgotten city events". One is based on luck scales and actually has a "forgotten city". The other is based on misfortune scales and is a lie.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

ChickenWing posted:

There are two "forgotten city events". One is based on luck scales and actually has a "forgotten city". The other is based on misfortune scales and is a lie.

thats fully sick

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Don't worry you get a madman either way!

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 28, 2015

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

ChickenWing posted:

The best part of the "good luck" forgotten city site is that the place is a goddamn deathtrap. I just kept recruiting scouts to wander in there and it was about 50/50 if they would come back out alive or not. Occasionally, they'd come back with a magic item or gold. Overall, I spent a lot more on scouts then I got back in return. But it was hilarious.

Rhavviepoodle
Oct 2, 2014

bark bark
I'm fairly sure that the game itself has a sense of humor. That's one of the things I love so much about it. Unfortunately, I have no idea what is happening with that Coya.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rhavviepoodle posted:

I'm fairly sure that the game itself has a sense of humor. That's one of the things I love so much about it. Unfortunately, I have no idea what is happening with that Coya.

Anyway, nanomashoes' Abysian troops are reduced to running away from two armies now, so his short relief ends soon

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

10 minute CoE4 video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJEXMyRYmRE

Maybe someone should be making a proper thread? It will release in two or three weeks.
Just remember to make a joke about deers in the title.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Libluini posted:

Anyway, nanomashoes' Abysian troops are reduced to running away from two armies now, so his short relief ends soon

To be fair, it looks like Abysia is having to fight Pelagia too, given they're currently in his cap circle. On the other hand, it's Pelagia on land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lord Koth posted:

To be fair, it looks like Abysia is having to fight Pelagia too, given they're currently in his cap circle. On the other hand, it's Pelagia on land.

That army hasn't moved in the last turn for some reason. Maybe he didn't bring enough mages to hold down a cap and got cold feet?

• Locked thread