Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

drew scanlon falling for the fission mailed screen makes me want to watch videos from the videogame video website

MGS1 and 2 are more or less classics. MGS3 is alright but mostly because of how much Drew likes the 60s and 70s. MGS4 is whatever, Peacewalker is meh... MGS5 I've only been watching to see the episode Dan starts feeling sorry for loving up the first 20 episodes so badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

MGS1 and 2 are more or less classics. MGS3 is alright but mostly because of how much Drew likes the 60s and 70s. MGS4 is whatever, Peacewalker is meh... MGS5 I've only been watching to see the episode Dan starts feeling sorry for loving up the first 20 episodes so badly.

i just wanted to vicariously reexperience the crazy of mgs2 for the first time through some random dude i dont know on the internet

Sharkopath posted:

he should watch the playlist i gave him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will get on it

lesbian baphomet posted:

They're funny but sometimes they aren't. you should try watching

vamp going "queen" and then the guy going "van halen" caught me off guard so i thoguht funny

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i meant the whole website but i guess the thing I said is also true of the Metal Gear Scanlon series. it leans more towards funny i guess, on account of Drew is good and Dan is good at creating funny situations in general

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

MGS3 is worth watching for The End fight. I was disappointed in Drews reaction to the MGS2 insanity lol.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3JrHH6Zc0

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sword coast legends is an awesome concept, I just cant see it actually becoming a possibility for me to get the full experience playing it though.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

it's funny that a video game website that makes videos has no video producers in

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In the Sword Coast video Austin has a character called Basil and Vinny says it like Bay-zle and Austin tries to correct him and then Vinny calls him Rosemary and then when Austin says he'll accept the mission Vinny says Are you sure you have the... Thyme for this.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

congrats to jason on having a son

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thank you.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ArfJason posted:

Thank you.

what is his name :D

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Arfito.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

rediscover posted:

what is his name :D

hector jr.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Drew seems so insanely baffled by the interpreter mission it's crazy lol

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Drew getting legit mad is kind of not fun to watch :sweatdrop:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chard posted:

Drew getting legit mad is kind of not fun to watch :sweatdrop:

Yeah he's just childish enough about playing the game that it's just irritating to watch whereas with Brad he's so over the top about being a self conscious entitled pompous baby it's hilarious.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

iliked the mgs1 playthrough. it probably worked because dan knew the game so well. in mgs2 dan started having no idea what to do and it goes steadily downhill from there with each game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 in particularly triggered my prodromal reflex when Drew spent 10 minutes shooting a gecko's foot with an AK while qq'ing.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

4 in particularly triggered my prodromal reflex when Drew spent 10 minutes shooting a gecko's foot with an AK while qq'ing.

yeah im watching this one now and its particularly bad, maybe becasuse dan only played the game once when it came out in 2008. thankfully theres a lot of cutscenes

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

i usually dont get too upset about people not knowing what they're doing but him doing this and dan not saying a word about it drove me insane

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

i usually dont get too upset about people not knowing what they're doing but him doing this and dan not saying a word about it drove me insane

Good news. In 5 Dan actively gives the worst possible advice and the least accurate information about this game that I would have no choice but to believe it was a joke if I didn't know the GB people love pandering to their insane audience, and considering he just makes the game sound 100x worse than it is even though his whole thing is trying to show how awesome it is.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Maybe they're trying to outdo the Black Mesa QL

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Good news. In 5 Dan actively gives the worst possible advice and the least accurate information about this game that I would have no choice but to believe it was a joke if I didn't know the GB people love pandering to their insane audience, and considering he just makes the game sound 100x worse than it is even though his whole thing is trying to show how awesome it is.

That's kind of Dan's thing, see: when Majora 3D came out and Jeff kept shittalking it and Dan just kept saying "But it's so WEIRD" instead of actually saying anything useful.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Blackheart posted:

Maybe they're trying to outdo the Black Mesa QL

oh man is there a black mesa quick look
i must see it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just got done watching it, lmao at the video's joke

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

the comments make it worth it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

The brain dead community on their website and this one absolutely lost their minds at that video.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

The brain dead community on their website and this one absolutely lost their minds at that video.

trying to jack off posted:

the comments make it worth it

bahahahaha

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It won't be as good without the Snide Dog but good Lord... My prayers were answered. Thank you based Vinny.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I urge everyone to watch since besides having Vinny wheezing and Austin laughing forcefully Phantasmagoria 2 is an epic game in it's own right.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hate these idiot's stupid rear end website design though. It's the worst for tab based browsers and oh it's Jeff Bakalar instead of Austin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

By the way, I seriously think this game is awesome and not just in a way like it's a stupid piece of poo poo. It's a drat work of art folks, despite some hokeyness here in there. So jump in!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If I ever see Alex on the street I'm going to kick his rear end for talking that much weak poo poo about this game. Motherfucker. You better hide from Edwin LeBrown, Navarro.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow wild I was just rewatching Random PC Game: Phantasmagoria while collecting yarn in Yoshi's Woolly World earlier today...gonna have to put this bad boy in my queue.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm watching the first one and it's good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Their both good. The first one's video is way better because Alex isn't sucking the air out of the room even though that's funny sometimes. But I like the second game more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vinny doing his flippant woman voice for 4 hours is so awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alex losing his mind when actors sound, frankly, slightly less awkward than he always does every time he's ever said anything, is awesome, I must admit.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

Alex losing his mind when actors sound, frankly, slightly less awkward than he always does every time he's ever said anything, is awesome, I must admit.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Thirty seconds after saying something like "Uhhh I think this is going in a TOTALLY different direction than we thought! Ahuhehh" in a perfect 6pm comedy central stand up voice] *Slaps knee emphatically* These People Do Not Know How Sex Works!