Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

ooo mama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Yeah they actually handled the situation differently but both of them e jacked up on test and then had a massive drop off after it was banned

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i don't think either guy had a massive drop off relative to where they were and FURTHER i claim that neither guy would have won any of the fights they lost even if they were juiced to the gills.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
bold claims, i know

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Dangersim posted:

Yeah they actually handled the situation differently but both of them e jacked up on test and then had a massive drop off after it was banned

Uhh, Hendo was on a 3 fight losing streak when it was banned, and then he went 2-2.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
since getting off stevia vitor has lost to the best fighter in his division, and had his usual two minutes of effectiveness.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

david carmichael posted:

i don't think either guy had a massive drop off relative to where they were and FURTHER i claim that neither guy would have won any of the fights they lost even if they were juiced to the gills.

correct

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Short Communication - Journal of Vitor Sciences

i remember when vitor knocked out terry martin and loretta hunt asked him what he was doing differently, and he simply yelled "JESUS" and pointed to the ceiling, when the answer was actually massive doses of testosterone. then more recently he was asked about not being able to take massive doses of testosterone and he said that jesus is giving him heavenly supplements. from this we can deduce the blood of christ both is and isn't testosterone cypionate, depending on circumstances and observation. thusly we can conclude that vitor doctrine encompasses transubstantiation.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

huh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

That pics from earlier in the year iirc

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bubba Smith posted:

MMA judging hasn't seemed that bad this year to me. couple of weird scorecards but nothing that caused any major controversy. Dariush vs Johnson might be the only one and even then the argument was there for Dariush to get the nod.

There was that one Cathal Pendred fight right at the beginning of the year where he clearly lost but then won the unanimous decision anyway, although the karmic balance was restored on that front on Saturday.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

THat looks like the shirt JBJ was wearing at Anderson/Diaz

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

gross

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Northjayhawk posted:

New Jersey is going to experiment with a new judging protocol for a local MMA promotion this weekend.

Here is a post with a link

fatherdog posted:

http://cagepages.com/2015/10/19/njsacb-analzye-judging-experiment-cffc-52-halloween

In November of 2014 NJSACB utilized instant replay at CFFC 43. The main event that night was ruled a no contest because Lyman Good inadvertently poked Jonavin Webb’s eye causing the referee to stop the fight. Just a few moments later, the fight was ruled a no contest following the review of the instant replay.

This Halloween, at CFFC 52, NJSAB is conducting an experiment with a new judging procedure. The judging procedures come up often among fans and media members. It seems as though you can’t get through an event with out that kind of conversation.

Counsel Nick Lembo and Commissioner Larry Hazzard made their own personal observations and they also listened to feedback from licensed judges, comments from the media serving as shadow judges at events, and had conversations with executives in the industry.

This progressive move to attempt to improve the judging process has nothing to do with any current licensed judges under the NJSACB.

“This agency has been pleased with both the quality of judging and our judging roster in this State, but we recently have wondered about the effects of blocked views, limited angles, sight distance and to a small degree, crowd noise,” Lembo and Hazzard stated.

[...]

“I’ve often wondered if the hometown crowd and the limited viewing angles in which a judge sees the fight swayed the decision process,” stated CFFC CEO Robert Haydak Jr.

“This experiment, obviously in its first step of actual implementation, will provide data gathering by allowing the review and comparison of three experienced NJSACB judges’ cage side scores, which will still be the official scores, with the scores of three experienced NJSACB judges in sound proof isolated rooms who will be viewing and scoring the fight on a large television monitor showing the actual broadcast without audio commentary,” continued in the statement released from the NJSACB exclusively to CFFC.

“We’re fortunate in New Jersey to have such a proactive commission,” stated Haydak. “Nick and Larry have embraced this idea from the very beginning and are now spearheading the efforts to see it to fruition.”

I doubt this is going to get any kind of widespread uptake but it's cool to see an AC actually experimenting.

mewse
May 2, 2006

We discussed in the other thread that it doesn't seem like they will use a muted television, just a feed without the audio commentary.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Nope.

It's just a re-hash of the well documented terrible launch plus a wardrobe malfunction and the Irish shirt. They are 6 months into a multi-year deal that was rushed to begin with. To make claims like "It's clear it's just not going to work" while citing the launch month as the majority of your reasoning is stupid and desperate.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dangersim posted:

That pics from earlier in the year iirc

I just saw it pop up today, oh well.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Someone asked about this earlier:

quote:

Ariel Helwani: "I give you my word that I will be fair and I hope that means a lot for you guys... I will not be causing any harm"

Belfort's Wife: Okay, but please no Deadspin questions, TRT or past TRT results. Vitor is giving you his valuable time. I believe we can count on you.

Ariel Helwani: This is is first interview since that story came out by Josh Gross, so if it's not addressed in a small capacity then it will make not only him but me look bad. I don't want to harp on this but I feel like it needs to be addressed.

Belfort's Wife: If Vitor had anything to say he would have said it already. You asked me when the website released the info and we didn't give you a word. I'm sorry Ariel but if you are going to ask about that then unfortunately Vitor will not be able to talk to you.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/26/9616180/mma-news-ufc-vitor-belfort-veto-certain-questions-ducks-mma-hour-interview

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

xcore posted:

Nope.

It's just a re-hash of the well documented terrible launch plus a wardrobe malfunction and the Irish shirt. They are 6 months into a multi-year deal that was rushed to begin with. To make claims like "It's clear it's just not going to work" while citing the launch month as the majority of your reasoning is stupid and desperate.

And the amount of money fighters are missing out on...

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSc1CFITVA

Fun advert for UFC

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

quote:

@ABCPolitics
@RealBenCarson receives an endorsement from former UFC fighter @vitorbelfort

That is a tweet that I never expected to show up on my feed

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I'm willing to assume it's just ABC loving up but it's interesting to see Vitor called a "former" UFC fighter as well.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

UFC November - Back to regularly watching fights, thank god!

Four good cards next month, headlined by Hendo/Vitor, a WMMA title double header, Matt loving Brown/Kelvin Gas-telum and then a Benson Henderson/Thiago Alves Korean show. Thank you MMA gods for seeing us thru this dark period.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I just spent like 800 bucks on lodging and tickets for the Conduit vs. Lawler NYE card so if that poo poo falls out I'll probably cry real tears

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

I just finished watching the Dublin event and man did the SBG fighters look like poo poo.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

kensei posted:

UFC November - Back to regularly watching fights, thank god!

Four good cards next month, headlined by Hendo/Vitor, a WMMA title double header, Matt loving Brown/Kelvin Gas-telum and then a Benson Henderson/Thiago Alves Korean show. Thank you MMA gods for seeing us thru this dark period.

and yet not a single one of them will match any of the great december main & co-main events (not including the dumb FightPass Paige Van Zant card but I consider it a 24 hour prelim for the real Mendes vs Edgar card).

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Northjayhawk posted:

That is a tweet that I never expected to show up on my feed

Of course Vitor supports a man with a worldview that posits dinosaurs and lions existing simultaneously.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Of course Vitor supports a man with a worldview that posits dinosaurs and lions existing simultaneously.

A good post.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

and yet not a single one of them will match any of the great december main & co-main events (not including the dumb FightPass Paige Van Zant card but I consider it a 24 hour prelim for the real Mendes vs Edgar card).

I think that we could get a lot of good stuff out of November, but December will Own all the Bones

(PS Owning all the Boning is the GDT title for when JBJ comes back...)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

eine dose socken posted:

I just finished watching the Dublin event and man did the SBG fighters look like poo poo.

cathal pendred did the best thing he's ever done, aisling won, and paddy put on an extremely entertaining and competitive grapple fight before the pressure of being dropped into the main event in your home country with their expectations riding on your shoulders started getting to him and he gassed.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

cathal pendred did the best thing he's ever done, aisling won, and paddy put on an extremely entertaining and competitive grapple fight before the pressure of being dropped into the main event in your home country with their expectations riding on your shoulders started getting to him and he gassed.
Without seeing the fight I'm gonna wander out onto a limb and boldly claim that it wasn't the lack of commitment to sparkle motion that made him gas

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He gasses like that in all of his fights that I've seen.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Because he's a giant, lanky Featherweight who looks malnourished.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Does he go for like 10 takedowns in the first round every fight. I figured he just gassed with all the takedowns and working Smolka on the ground. He basically wasted all his energy in the first round.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

skip to minute number 4 of all of his fights and realise this is a stupid thing to say. also if you want to check the gdt's i don't believe me, or anyone else said anything like 'paddy looks done' at the end of the very first round.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

skip to minute number 4 of all of his fights and realise this is a stupid thing to say. also if you want to check the gdt's i don't believe me, or anyone else said anything like 'paddy looks done' at the end of the very first round.

He slows down considerably in all of them. Smolka made him work harder than Josh Sampo so, yeah, he looked worse in this fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He slows down considerably in all of them. Smolka made him work harder than Josh Sampo so, yeah, he looked worse in this fight.

i should never, ever respond to you

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

I'm disappointed that he didn't give a shout out to Cher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The real crime in Diaz being suspended for a million years is that there's never been a better time for him to rematch either Condit or Lawler than after one of them loses in January. If he had just been given a reasonable 1 year suspension he'd be ready to go by February and the timing would be perfect. In fact that's what Diaz's legal team should be bringing up to NSAC and they will probably be quicker to overturn their decision.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 28, 2015

• Locked thread