Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrianWilly posted:

So I'm guessing this Killer Frost pic got lost in the news shuffle today.

(Not actually a spoiler, since it's just a better shot from a previous episode)

She looks good set a goth'd out Elsa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Astro Nut posted:

So, this is the effects reel for the villains, but it turns out that their basic model for Jay is the classic jeans and shirt :3:

Good idea not to put too much Atom Smasher in there since he mostly looked terrible.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

BrianWilly posted:

I'm hoping they don't ice Killer Frost like all the other villains so far.

JT Smiley posted:

I know it's just a carry over from the comics, but Golden Glider is one of the worst name's I've ever heard. Plus it doesn't make sense within the context of the show.

I was hoping something would go wrong during the bomb surgery, like science gold got in her brain or something, that would give her powers more similar to the comics. It would have made a lot more sense for Cisco to build her hoover boots back in season one than that gold gun...

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proposition Joe posted:

I'm hoping they don't ice Killer Frost like all the other villains so far.

So regarding Killer Frost: do we know if it's Earth1 Caitlin or Earth2 Caitlin?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No way it's not Earth-2 Caitlin.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

No way it's not Earth-2 Caitlin.

I ask because she was there when flashy lights happened, and Earth 1 Cisco *is* a meta, so it's not a huge leap that she might have latent abilities waiting for a trauma to kick it off. But on the whole, I tend to lean towards what you said.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

flosofl posted:

So regarding Killer Frost: do we know if it's Earth1 Caitlin or Earth2 Caitlin?
My guess is Cisco is the one who got affected in Earth-1, while Caitlin is the one who got affected in Earth-2.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrianWilly posted:

mein gott :stare:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Bad Moon posted:

She looks good set a goth'd out Elsa

Let It Snow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

Wow, I could not tell its her. LIke I saw that somewhere else and was sad it wasn't the same actress, then I realized it was her. :swoon:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Phenotype posted:

That wasn't proper form for either Hadokens OR Kamehamehas. Neither Ryu or Goku run in a circle and sling it around their body like a shotput.

You nerds have failed this city.

If anything it was a sonic boom right?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Boy was I mad yesterday when I realized the Flash theme music is a sped-up version of the Walking Dead theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cymqAVPWuo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbl2u7FzS3Y

Black Flash confirmed? :zombie: :flashfact:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zoom is already dressed up like the Black Flash for some stupid reason.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm betting they merged Zoom and Black Flash, he's gonna be like a speed vampire/zombie going from universe to universe, killing the native speedsters and stealing all the speed force to keep himself alive.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That'd make sense. I can't really fault the logic either. They really can't do a Hunter Zoloman arc after the highs of the Reverse-Flash arc last season, and it gives the show just enough of a mystery to work for a season.

I'd like to tie that speculation to the idea that Black Zoom is an alt-universe Barry, prompting lots of cheap n' easy "WHAT WILL I BECOME" CW-style angst.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

That'd make sense. I can't really fault the logic either. They really can't do a Hunter Zoloman arc after the highs of the Reverse-Flash arc last season, and it gives the show just enough of a mystery to work for a season.

I'd like to tie that speculation to the idea that Black Zoom is an alt-universe Barry, prompting lots of cheap n' easy "WHAT WILL I BECOME" CW-style angst.

Alt-universe characters aren't what the Earth-1 character will become, but simply an alternative version of the character.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

I'm betting they merged Zoom and Black Flash, he's gonna be like a speed vampire/zombie going from universe to universe, killing the native speedsters and stealing all the speed force to keep himself alive.

Why would such a Flash send new monsters out every week like some Lord Zedd?

PS Can we get Lord Zedd in this show? that would awesome

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

greatn posted:

Why would such a Flash send new monsters out every week like some Lord Zedd?

Yeah, if he needs to suck their power he'd need to do it himself.

Jay said something along the lines of "he was always one step ahead of me, like he knew what I was going to do next" which strongly implies Zoom is some sort of time traveler.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, if he needs to suck their power he'd need to do it himself.

Jay said something along the lines of "he was always one step ahead of me, like he knew what I was going to do next" which strongly implies Zoom is some sort of time traveler.

Or he's from a reality where Jay exists in comic books and has simply read all those stories.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

Or he's from a reality where Jay exists in comic books and has simply read all those stories.

So Flash Prime then?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

David D. Davidson posted:

So Flash Prime then?

Only if he lives in his parent's basement.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Alt-universe characters aren't what the Earth-1 character will become, but simply an alternative version of the character.

No genius I mean at least 3-5 episodes worth of Barry going around moping and talking to each of his Daddy figures in turn "OMG ALT-UNIVERSE ME WAS EVIL DOES THIS MEAN I'LL BE EVIL TOO :qq:" once he finds out Zoom is an evil version of him. It's a pretty standard angst-vehicle for superheroes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Codependent Poster posted:

All CW shows are now about shipping names.

What about Jay and Caitlin? Jaytlin?

Now?

Been like that for a Coon's age.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

Now?

Been like that for a Coon's age.

:stare:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It's a perfectly legitimate term used in hunting and trapping. Similar to the way all naval ships are said to be "female", all raccoons are said to be 7 years old, since it's the "lucky" number and raccoons are associated with luck. Shipping as a fad first started on tumblr in 2008, about 7 years ago.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Phenotype posted:

It's a perfectly legitimate term used in hunting and trapping. Similar to the way all naval ships are said to be "female", all raccoons are said to be 7 years old, since it's the "lucky" number and raccoons are associated with luck. Shipping as a fad first started on tumblr in 2008, about 7 years ago.

Shipping been around alot longer than that. I remember hearing the term early in the days of the WB with Buffy and Smallville. So more like 18+years

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Modern slash fic/shipping is actually older than the internet, it started in the 70s in Star Trek newsletters.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

muscles like this? posted:

Modern slash fic/shipping is actually older than the internet, it started in the 70s in Star Trek newsletters.

Kirk/Spock, yo.

Our moms, and for some- grandmas, were weird.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Error 404 posted:

Kirk/Spock, yo.

Our moms, and for some- grandmas, were weird.

:v: Haha. Yeah, my mom recently told me she always thought Kirk and Spock were gay for each other in the old series.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Hey.

I made it all up.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

lotus circle posted:

My guess is Cisco is the one who got affected in Earth-1, while Caitlin is the one who got affected in Earth-2.
My guess is that "our" Cisco is actually Earth-2 Cisco, which is why he's in tune with those vibrations or whatever.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Phenotype posted:

It's not that specific, it just means a long time. Pairing fictional characters has been around for way longer than seven years :psyduck:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Phenotype posted:

From what a cursory google tells me, it's an antiquated expression that has largely fallen out of use because it can be misconstrued as a racial slur, it's likely to be highly offensive to a substantial number of people. That being said, I can't really speak, since I come from a country where our most popular brand of cheese is this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Hey.

I made it all up.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

greatn posted:

Rita Repulsa :colbert:

fake edit: She's Earth-2 Iris :haw:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

WarLocke posted:

Rita Repulsa :colbert:

fake edit: She's Earth-2 Iris :haw:

...You know what, I'm actually kinda interested in a twist like that. Let Candice Patton ham it up.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Astro Nut posted:

...You know what, I'm actually kinda interested in a twist like that. Let Candice Patton ham it up.

And then maybe they can recruit her into Earth-1 and kick the version we have to Earth-2 because she's so uninteresting.

BAM! Problem solved!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Astro Nut posted:

I'd love to see her do a metahuman Queen Bee, complete with Halloween bee costume and relentless puns. Just go full Silver Age with it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

:v: Haha. Yeah, my mom recently told me she always thought Kirk and Spock were gay for each other in the old series.

She's not wrong.

Reo posted:

My guess is that "our" Cisco is actually Earth-2 Cisco, which is why he's in tune with those vibrations or whatever.

That would be by far the most sensible way to do it.

McSpanky posted:

I'd love to see her do a metahuman Queen Bee, complete with Halloween bee costume and relentless puns. Just go full Silver Age with it.

If they wanted to go serious with it they could have Ray Palmer pop over and give her a shrinking suit and *bam* she's Bumblebee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Speaking of that, I am 80% sure that Earth-2 Iris is actually Wally.

• Locked thread