Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

cheesetriangles posted:

I want to make a tank with my free 60. What is the best tank currently? I hear maybe power tech is?

I was playing on my lvl 32Trooper vs my lvl 55 guardian and I felt it was a lot easier to generate and burn focus rather than maintain consistent ammo. Maybe trooper gets better skills later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
They changed the Niko teleport because people were exploiting it to generate the new boxes for rep hand ins.

Chuck Finley
Oct 27, 2010

So I was doing the Agent stuff for a while and got bored around Act 2 and heard the SW was pretty good as well, still wasn't convinced. Then I saw the Hitler haircut in the Cartel market and instantly knew what I had to do. Thanks for the free Cartel bux for subbing, well spent. Also you can kill everything, they just threw me a random slave in Dromund Kaas; dead. Hey, go get this Sith Lord's kid but don't kill the Sith Lord! Killed him. Sith Warrior class story does a good job at making me feel (and look!) like an SS officer.

Also I just realized the guy who does the voice of Dr. Venture is in this game! :dance:

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
So when I get home tonight, I'll be able to play Knights of the Fallen Empire, right?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Baron von der Loon posted:

So when I get home tonight, I'll be able to play Knights of the Fallen Empire, right?

As long as you're a sub, yup

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The Gang Grinds Kuat Drive Yards

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

I want to make a tank with my free 60. What is the best tank currently? I hear maybe power tech is?

PT has the easiest rotation, best mobility, and best raid utility

Sin has Shroud cheese, the best DPS, and best AoE aggro management.

Jugg had the best DCD's and best single target aggro management.

The current meta for serious progression is PT mt and Sin ot.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the panacea posted:

They changed the Niko teleport because people were exploiting it to generate the new boxes for rep hand ins.

Hahaha dammit why didn't I think about that.

They also changed the KOTFE xp boost to be BoP so you can't get a giant stack of them by creating then deleting characters, which I did notice

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

What are those Gold/Bronze/Silver armour boxes on the Cartel Store, exactly?

The common/uncommon/rare items from previous boxes.

They rebalanced the tiers for the newest box, so rare is actually rare and not full of 100k mounts. I'm not sure if those changes affected the old ones though. If they didn't they are not worth the cost.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The common/uncommon/rare items from previous boxes.

They rebalanced the tiers for the newest box, so rare is actually rare and not full of 100k mounts. I'm not sure if those changes affected the old ones though. If they didn't they are not worth the cost.

The old boxes have not been adjusted as far as I can tell. I guess the old boxes are still good if you want to gamble on a specific item and/or need the rep it provides.

There doesn't seem to be a way with the new boxes to get cartel certificates, though. I don't know how you'd buy the rep vendor items anymore if you don't have a stack of those.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is the patch out yet, and how big is it/will it be?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Is the patch out yet, and how big is it/will it be?

The servers went up then were taken back down for "an issue with the patch download" No ETA

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

The servers went up then were taken back down for "an issue with the patch download" No ETA

Really screws those of us in Asia-Pac over, drat you, Bioware! *shakes fist*

Someone check the forums and see how quickly people start demanding free stuff :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Moreau posted:

Really screws those of us in Asia-Pac over, drat you, Bioware! *shakes fist*

Someone check the forums and see how quickly people start demanding free stuff :D

"I took today off to play this game, Bioware, so I DEMAND to be reimbursed for my PTO"

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

From the forums:

quote:

So EA, I'm a subscriber, I pay my subscription every two months, but because I missed a day and was prefferred status for 24 hours, when I constantly subscribe every month, I'm getting no early access?

Instead, despite being a monthly subscriber, I'm now getting the same waiting time for KOTFE as free to play players?

Tell me EA, why the hell I should bother buying a subscription anymore if you're gonna pull this on us.

I really feel like EA is just taking one big dump on there (sic) loyal subscribers, and only rewarding those who purchase recurring subscriptions. I subscribed every month just the same as everyone else, but because I have to pay a certain way I feel like EA is not only slapping me in face but scruitnizing against me because of my financial situation that pretty much obligates me to pay in this manner.

I'm tired of EA pulling these stunts, and they really need to get their act together.
ALL SUBSCRIBERS should have gotten early access even if they qualified for the bonuses or not.
It's complete rubbish, its bad enough my level 400 crew skill has been rendered practically useless now with the new design changes but I have wait another 7 days to play KOTFE despite shelling out a monthly subscription as well as 10,000 cartel coins independently purchased every month(1).

Thanks a lot EA. I give you money and you give me the middle finger.
And all you fanboys that will post below and say

"OH but subscribers are still getting double XP and this has been posted on the forums for months."

That doesn't make any of this fair or sensible. All subscribers should have early access in my view.
Regardless of how they pay.

It's a freaking disgrace. I'm not paying 60-120£ a month(2) on this game to be treated like a freeloader.
I feel like I have a right to be annoyed, even if some of you don't.

(1) Holy poo poo!*
(2) That's $92 - $183/month in US$!

*No seriously. Holy poo poo!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

From the forums:

(1) Holy poo poo!*

:qq: Wow, the things I don't miss by reading the forums.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Medullah posted:

"I took today off to play this game, Bioware, so I DEMAND to be reimbursed for my PTO"

Source your quotes, man! :P

And jeezy pete... almost $200 a month? I mean, I've dumped more money than I care to think about but... wow. Whales are serious business!

Though... why wouldnt you just buy a 6 month membership?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Moreau posted:

Source your quotes, man! :P

And jeezy pete... almost $200 a month? I mean, I've dumped more money than I care to think about but... wow. Whales are serious business!

Though... why wouldnt you just buy a 6 month membership?

I suspect that the answer to your question is that this person is a bit of an idiot.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

From the forums:

(1) Holy poo poo!*

I'm sure this gentleman will be cancelling his subscription any moment now.

In new alt news, I tried making my american gladiator last night but wasn't satisfied with how it looked (also "nitro" was taken as a name). Then I noticed that lots of SWTOR faces on type 3 males look like Mitt Romney so now I have an assassin named Mitt'romney. He's a robot. I'm happy with how this turned out.

(I removed my powertech from the guild so as not to be an alt hog...any more than I currently am)

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015

quote:

From the forums:

So EA, I'm a subscriber, I pay my subscription every two months, but because I missed a day and was prefferred status for 24 hours, when I constantly subscribe every month, I'm getting no early access?

Instead, despite being a monthly subscriber, I'm now getting the same waiting time for KOTFE as free to play players?

Tell me EA, why the hell I should bother buying a subscription anymore if you're gonna pull this on us.

I really feel like EA is just taking one big dump on there (sic) loyal subscribers, and only rewarding those who purchase recurring subscriptions. I subscribed every month just the same as everyone else, but because I have to pay a certain way I feel like EA is not only slapping me in face but scruitnizing against me because of my financial situation that pretty much obligates me to pay in this manner.

I'm tired of EA pulling these stunts, and they really need to get their act together.
ALL SUBSCRIBERS should have gotten early access even if they qualified for the bonuses or not.
It's complete rubbish, its bad enough my level 400 crew skill has been rendered practically useless now with the new design changes but I have wait another 7 days to play KOTFE despite shelling out a monthly subscription as well as 10,000 cartel coins independently purchased every month(1).

Thanks a lot EA. I give you money and you give me the middle finger.
And all you fanboys that will post below and say

"OH but subscribers are still getting double XP and this has been posted on the forums for months."

That doesn't make any of this fair or sensible. All subscribers should have early access in my view.
Regardless of how they pay.

It's a freaking disgrace. I'm not paying 60-120£ a month(2) on this game to be treated like a freeloader.
I feel like I have a right to be annoyed, even if some of you don't.

While this guy is a seriously sad bitch, what's more is the fact that he probably could have just sent support a kindly worded ticket about it and I bet they would have hooked him up without an issue. SWTOR support is probably the best I've ever seen in an MMO.

But he's a bitch and needed attention from the other nerds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hulk Smash! posted:

The old boxes have not been adjusted as far as I can tell. I guess the old boxes are still good if you want to gamble on a specific item and/or need the rep it provides.

So that means you can pay 1200 Cartel credits for like the boots to a set that go for 45k.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

In new alt news, I tried making my american gladiator last night but wasn't satisfied with how it looked (also "nitro" was taken as a name). Then I noticed that lots of SWTOR faces on type 3 males look like Mitt Romney so now I have an assassin named Mitt'romney. He's a robot. I'm happy with how this turned out.

Please tell me you're not doing any fighting yourself and outsourcing it all to your companions.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

(I removed my powertech from the guild so as not to be an alt hog...any more than I currently am)

I hate to break it to you, buy someone already has a toon named Mittromney or some variation thereof in the guild. :(

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

So that means you can pay 1200 Cartel credits for like the boots to a set that go for 45k.

You got it!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I hate to break it to you, buy someone already has a toon named Mittromney or some variation thereof in the guild. :(

Well....mine's a robot :mitt:

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well....mine's a robot :mitt:

Now you got me wondering if there is a Dead Presidents guild

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Aphrodite posted:

The new boxes (gold,silver. Bronze) only drop complete set boxes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Moreau posted:

Now you got me wondering if there is a Dead Presidents guild

Now you've got me worried about mitt romney's health!

And also making me want to make a George Washington alt

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mitt Romney was never president.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Mitt Romney was never president.

In one beautiful alternate reality he is though

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Cross-posting link to Optimal Stats distribution at various gear levels posted on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112

TLDR: Power and Mastery augments and crystals are bad, mmkay. Get 685 accuracy and then run a combination of crit and alacrity augments along with 2x crit crystals. Try to keep a rough ratio of 1200 crit rating to 800 alacrity for optimal dps performance.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

In one beautiful alternate reality he is though

He'll be on the dark council soon enough

Are any of the assassin dps specs fun and not a pain to play? I rolled it to have a tank, but I guess I could try the other specs too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

He'll be on the dark council soon enough

Are any of the assassin dps specs fun and not a pain to play? I rolled it to have a tank, but I guess I could try the other specs too.

I love Hatred, it feels like an evil Sith. All instant cast stuff, no positional requirements since you don't use Maul, and dot spread is nice. I really like the look of Death Field. That's Nich's go to DPS spec.

Concealment Deception is fun too, especially now with Shadow Stride, my other Assassin uses it and it's fun to teleport to a mob and have it dead by the time your companion even arrives. But killing groups is a pain.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

My dream is that one day they realize how awful the rocks/holocron armor effects look on the stealth tank classes.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I love Hatred, it feels like an evil Sith. All instant cast stuff, no positional requirements since you don't use Maul, and dot spread is nice. I really like the look of Death Field. That's Nich's go to DPS spec.

Concealment Deception is fun too, especially now with Shadow Stride, my other Assassin uses it and it's fun to teleport to a mob and have it dead by the time your companion even arrives. But killing groups is a pain.

Yeah. I've tried both and while hatred feels more solid - especially for AOE - I really like the animations and gameplay of deception.

BTW, servers are back up.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Posting my referral here for anyone thinking about coming back, use it to get a free 7 day subscription and server transfer, among other goodies!

http://www.swtor.com/r/LBSs2k

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rasmussen posted:

My dream is that one day they realize how awful the rocks/holocron armor effects look on the stealth tank classes.

I dunno, I like the assassin shield. Looks like something an evil ghost wizard would use to protect himself.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Also, if you've done the Makeb achievement that's no longer there, the decoration is in your mailbox. Centerpiece type. You get one per character.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Can someone move the guild ship to Taris for conquest, when you have a chance? Looks like the best bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Can someone move the guild ship to Taris for conquest, when you have a chance? Looks like the best bet.

I'll do it at lunch.

• Locked thread