Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Patter Song posted:

He converted to Catholicism because his wife insisted on it.

cuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 22, 2016

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Jeb! posted:

It took some convincing, but she came around.

Suddenly I understand Jeb's campaign strategy.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I can't wait for Ivanka Trump's Winter 2015 Burka Collection. As she models the burka, made of only the finest and most luxurious silk, Trump remarks, "I'd hit that!"

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Donald Trump Demands Sharia Law Now

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump playing the dangerous game of, "who do you hate more, Muslims or Mexicans?" just furthers my belief that he's a Democrat sleeper agent sent to take down the GOP from the inside

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Fox Ironic posted:

I have a prediction:

Trump is going to get tied up attacking Carson in the next debate, which will boost Carson's numbers with GOP voters who hate Trump.

Fiorina will have another strong showing at the debate, stealing some Trump support back and showing another peak.

Rubio will do well without the Trump heat and get a boost as well, stealing numbers from Bush, Kasich and Christie.

Trump will fall to sub-20 poll numbers, probably to a tie with Rubio. Caron and Fiorina will lead, causing Trump to throw a bitch-fit of epic proportions, claiming a GOP conspiracy to take him down, tearing up his pledge and running independent.

I have money on Fiorina getting absolutely hosed this next debate. It's on CNBC so they can and will call her out on her business credentials.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Monkeytime posted:

Ben Carson wants to turn the Department of Education into an investigative body that relies on informants to persecute professors for speech crimes.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/carson-sketches-out-plan-monitoring-campus-speech?cid=sm_fb_maddow

That is terrifying. It will work so loving well with the GOP base, too.

This is a man who reads Fahrenheit 451 and sees what could be.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

/pol/ is leaking again.

Speaking of /pol/ the new Jeb! meme is that he's going to go school shooter on the debate tomorrow night. Guacabowling for Columbine...

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Montasque posted:

/pol/ is leaking again.

Speaking of /pol/ the new Jeb! meme is that he's going to go school shooter on the debate tomorrow night. Guacabowling for Columbine...

Risky electoral strategy, but it could pay off. He could say he was standing his ground and get a nice bump from the base.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Reminder that Marco Rubio is a Catholic but also attends a Southern Baptist church, in addition to a Catholic one, every week. Compared to that, converting to the one true church for your wife is nothing.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Bob Ojeda posted:

Reminder that Marco Rubio is a Catholic but also attends a Southern Baptist church, in addition to a Catholic one, every week. Compared to that, converting to the one true church for your wife is nothing.

what a nitwit

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Cuckolic

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

So very close to seeing my dream of Jeb friggin' Bush put out a 2009-era jerk dance video. I wish the camera would pan down and let us know if he was wearing skinny acidwash and unlaced dunks.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
A few pages back but no one really answered this question:

gradenko_2000 posted:

What the hell happened in 1984 :psyduck:

What happened was that Walter Mondale ran one of the most disastrous campaigns of modern times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1984

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Carson keeps talking about propaganda, because its everywhere and brainwashing liberals to hate America, turn on each other, and love Putin who constantly demeans liberals with textbook Slavic mind tricks. Sam Harris is on a rampage nowadays trying to understand why Glenn Greenwald living in Brazil is a blatant anti-American propagandist who colluded with an American traitor that fled to Moscow. Russia is reaping the reward of ineffectual American foreign policy with clearly unchecked power and worrisome anti-American alliance posturing. If you know what propaganda sounds like, you start to hear it everywhere.

Liberals are literally brainwashed to be stupid intolerant racists en masse, and now go around correcting or censoring everyone to conform to the Liberal Logic delusion. Ben Carson majored in Psychology at Yale and understands Nazi Germany's hate machine all too well. Abraham Lincoln tolerated the "Free Press" for only so long himself before he shut down the 1800's version of Salon.com and Huffington Post, controlled by Democrats in NYC then and now.

Seriously, just scroll past Salon's headlines once in awhile and ask yourself why its blaring Left Wing Hate all day, every day, nonstop.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

woah, hold up...he goes to two different churches each week? lmao

You have to pick a side, man

We didn't fight the 30 Years War for nothing

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Have to pander to those baptists

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Smoothrich is winning me over but I fear it just may be Slavic mind tricks.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Mike Tyson just endorsed Trump. Wrap it up, losers

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/mike-tyson-just-endorsed-donald-trump-for-president

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smoothrich posted:

Carson keeps talking about propaganda, because its everywhere and brainwashing liberals to hate America, turn on each other, and love Putin who constantly demeans liberals with textbook Slavic mind tricks. Sam Harris is on a rampage nowadays trying to understand why Glenn Greenwald living in Brazil is a blatant anti-American propagandist who colluded with an American traitor that fled to Moscow. Russia is reaping the reward of ineffectual American foreign policy with clearly unchecked power and worrisome anti-American alliance posturing. If you know what propaganda sounds like, you start to hear it everywhere.

Liberals are literally brainwashed to be stupid intolerant racists en masse, and now go around correcting or censoring everyone to conform to the Liberal Logic delusion. Ben Carson majored in Psychology at Yale and understands Nazi Germany's hate machine all too well. Abraham Lincoln tolerated the "Free Press" for only so long himself before he shut down the 1800's version of Salon.com and Huffington Post, controlled by Democrats in NYC then and now.

Seriously, just scroll past Salon's headlines once in awhile and ask yourself why its blaring Left Wing Hate all day, every day, nonstop.

Do you even have a job?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Who does his favorite pigeon endorse

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx66LWV-CCk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D235JQtx_7Y

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This thread desperately needs more Yolandi.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

By the Pope himself.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Mike Huckabee comes out against the budget deal because it (according to him) cuts Social Security and Medicare.

Meanwhile, Jeb! announces his plan to cut Social Security and Medicare.

Tomorrow night should be fun.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mike Huckabee and Donald Trump, vanguard of the Republican Left

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Mike Huckabee comes out against the budget deal because it (according to him) cuts Social Security and Medicare.

Meanwhile, Jeb! announces his plan to cut Social Security and Medicare.

Tomorrow night should be fun.

So tomorrow we get to look forward to..

Trump vs Carson - on religion and 'energy'
Trump vs Bush - on 9/11 and being a loser.
Trump vs Kaisch - Ford plant move to Ohio.
Bush vs Rubio - on "GOP Obama"
Bush vs Christie - on Medicare/Social Security.
Bush vs Cruz - On Cruz being a snake.
CNBC vs Fiorina- on being a failure in business.

What other narratives will come to a head tomorrow night?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Hey man I'm about to flunk Econ 292 but it's cool cause I reported the professor for saying Obama was a good president.

Carson is nuts, and not in the good Donald Trump way where he says crazy, yet entertaining things and occasionally arrives at a reasonable position. I mean It seems like everything Carson says that isn't mumbled out of existence is straight up insane.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Aliquid posted:

Mike Huckabee and Donald Trump, vanguard of the Republican Left

Reminder that the former recently endorsed re-legalizing slavery. Kinda puts his "Dred Scott is still the law of the land" remark into context.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Just one communion a week just isn't enough holy hydration for Rubio.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

how many people are debating tomorrow

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

oddium posted:

I debate tomorrow most every day; whether or not the passage of time is real or merely an illusion is quite the existential dilemma.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

oddium posted:

The following 10 candidates will take the stage shortly after 8PM ET:

Donald Trump: 25.22
Ben Carson: 19.78
Marco Rubio: 9.67
Jeb Bush: 8.11
Carly Fiorina: 8.11
Ted Cruz: 6.89
Mike Huckabee: 3.56
Chris Christie: 3.00
John Kasich: 3.00
Rand Paul: 3.00

The following four candidates, who met the minimum threshold of one percent in any one of the specified group of national polls, will take the stage at 6PM ET:

Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
George Pataki
Lindsey Graham

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

The following four candidates, who met the minimum threshold of one percent in any one of the specified group of national polls, will take the stage at 6PM ET:

Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
George Pataki
Lindsey Graham

How do 3 people have exactly 3%

How does Paul even have that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Joementum posted:

Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
George Pataki
Lindsey Graham

How will Bush and Fiorina be arranged if they're exactly tied?

• Locked thread