Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
the Midwest is also home to the Rust Belt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ohio, we need to talk.

You almost touch the Atlantic Ocean. A drive to the beach and back is perfectly doable on a nice summer day. You are not "the midwest".

And Ohio? You border Canada. You're not "the south" either. Let it go.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Modest Mauser posted:

What I am gathering from this thread anyway is that Midwest is less of a location and more of a dismal state of existence.
If your area is flat, full of Jesus-people, has petrol stations with suggestive names and an abundance of horrifying foods then it is likely Midwest.

You can be Midwest all around the world. Amazing.

Again, all those claims can be refuted. If you don't think jesus freaks exist in big cities or on the east/west coast then you may need to brush up on your facts johnny boy. Again, unhealthy greasy AIDS ridden food can be found anywhere else. Ever been to the southwest? Some of the most unhealthy foods I've consumed is in southern New Mexico, authentic mexican food that tasted amazing but I instantly had diabetes 20 minutes after consuming the product.

Also, I'd rather take a modest size town and live on the outskirts than living in any big city. Watching homeless people rear end-gently caress each other for crack and taking 40 minutes to drive 5 miles sounds lame as gently caress. It's not like the midwest is devoid of anything to do, there's plenty of outdoor poo poo to enjoy, and surprise! They have internet so you can continue to play Call of Duty 8, Fist my Black Ops rear end in a top hat 7.

And the Kum and Go stations are fine, who gives a poo poo what they're named, it's a loving gas station that sells soda's and gasoline. It's not like the gas handle is a 14 inch veiny cock that ejaculates semen into your car.

edit: Spangles is loving good, not as good as In N Out burger but better than Whataburger.

double edit: Also the royals made it into the world series again. it's not a huge deal because I don't fully give a poo poo about it but nobody else did because your teams suck.

triple edit: someone make a Kum & Go dildo gas pump handle and plow my rear end in a top hat with it.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 27, 2015

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

MurderBot posted:

Again, all those claims can be refuted. If you don't think jesus freaks exist in big cities or on the east/west coast then you may need to brush up on your facts johnny boy. Again, unhealthy greasy AIDS ridden food can be found anywhere else. Ever been to the southwest? Some of the most unhealthy foods I've consumed is in southern New Mexico, authentic mexican food that tasted amazing but I instantly had diabetes 20 minutes after consuming the product.

Also, I'd rather take a modest size town and live on the outskirts than living in any big city. Watching homeless people rear end-gently caress each other for crack and taking 40 minutes to drive 5 miles sounds lame as gently caress. It's not like the midwest is devoid of anything to do, there's plenty of outdoor poo poo to enjoy, and surprise! They have internet so you can continue to play Call of Duty 8, Fist my Black Ops rear end in a top hat 7.

And the Kum and Go stations are fine, who gives a poo poo what they're named, it's a loving gas station that sells soda's and gasoline. It's not like the gas handle is a 14 inch veiny cock that ejaculates semen into your car.

edit: Spangles is loving good, not as good as In N Out burger but better than Whataburger.

double edit: Also the royals made it into the world series again. it's not a huge deal because I don't fully give a poo poo about it but nobody else did because your teams suck.

triple edit: someone make a Kum & Go dildo gas pump handle and plow my rear end in a top hat with it.

It is okay buddy, I am really not trying to belittle your precious flat corn fields and perverted petrol stations.
Please calm down, you are making me anxious.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MurderBot posted:

Also, I'd rather take a modest size town and live on the outskirts than living in any big city. Watching homeless people rear end-gently caress each other for crack and taking 40 minutes to drive 5 miles sounds lame as gently caress.

The midwest is different since instead it has bad things happening to farm animals at night.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Gas Station Loyalty

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Over the weekend I drove through Ohio and Indiana

what the gently caress is in those two states despite living next to them for a while I have no idea

When you drive into Indiana the welcome-to-state sign says "Indiana: America's Crossroads"

Even the state tourism board is in effect telling you "nothing to see here; keep driving"

state flag should be a DOT worker waving traffic through

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MurderBot posted:

Have you ever been to a "big city" before? Doesn't sound like it. I think you get all your knowledge of city life is like from Always Sunny.

Also, watching bum butt loving is a great past time. Thats why I live in Portland.

EDIT: Also, the midwest is depressing as hell. Been to all 50 states in my 30 years and dear God, the midwest is worse than the South.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

what the gently caress is in those two states despite living next to them for a while I have no idea

In Ohio ?
Extremely polite people and toll roads, in my experience.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

When you drive into Indiana the welcome-to-state sign says "Indiana: America's Crossroads"

Even the state tourism board is in effect telling you "nothing to see here; keep driving"

The only good view of the midwest in your car rear view mirror.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MurderBot posted:

You are a very humorless and angry person. Are you republican?

I'm from Wisconsin and I lived in Washington for 7 years. I liked Washington better, but I'm here in Wisconsin. It's where I was born and raised and it isn't too terrible but it's funny to laugh about things. I'm not going to blindly defend mah home state. It has flaws, just like every other state. Some are funny. I like jokes.

I'd suggest to have a few beers and chill out, but you're probably a mean drunk.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

The only good view of the midwest in your car rear view mirror.

How about a couple miles up looking down on all that corn.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I have never been to Ohio and can't comprehend that just because things are inches apart on a map doesn't mean they're actually near each other.

As a lifetime Ohio resident I can confirm there is no beach on the Atlantic that is close enough to make a day trip. On a good day it takes 7 hours to cross Pennsylvania.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I guess 3 Floyd's brewery is in Indiana; stopped there on the way back

but let's be honest it's basically in a suburb of Chicago even though it's in Indiana

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm really just bored at work so I decided to write a long winded message with no real bearing on my actual feelings in life and the midwest. I don't really have any loyalty/affiliation to any state/provence or region within the U.S, although I'm currently working in a city just short of a million people, so I will admit that big city life kinda sucks.

Sorry you all got in a huff over my posting, but I guess that's kind of what I was hoping for. I can only hope the people on SA still like me, my internet prestige is pretty much all I live for these days, or You can all politely suck my dick from the back, either way. :tipshat:

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 27, 2015

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

MurderBot posted:

I'm really just bored at work so I decided to write a long winded message with no real bearing on my actual feelings in life and the midwest. I don't really have any loyalty/affiliation to any state/provence or region within the U.S, although I'm currently working in a city just short of a million people, so I will admit that big city life kinda sucks.

Sorry you all got in a huff over my posting, but I guess that's kind of what I was hoping for. I can only hope the people on SA still like me, my internet prestige is pretty much all I live for these days, or You can all politely suck my dick from the back, either way. :tipshat:

Ahh, the ol' "I was not really being a dick, just pretending to be a dick, so suck my dick" defence.
Bad news, everyone in SA now hates you and wants you to die. Alone, in a Midwestern Kum & Go bathroom.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Geoj posted:

As a lifetime Ohio resident I can confirm that I can't drive and think things on the far right are things on the far left

Intriguing.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Modest Mauser posted:

Ahh, the ol' "I was not really being a dick, just pretending to be a dick, so suck my dick" defence.
Bad news, everyone in SA now hates you and wants you to die. Alone, in a Midwestern Kum & Go bathroom.

I'm more of a Caseys general store kinda guy myself.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
you know that Twilight Zone episode where the terrifyingly powerful psychic child sends people to "The Cornfield" if they displease him

The Midwest is that cornfield

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I would totally go to a gas station where the gas pumps were veiny cocks that ejaculated gasoline into my car.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Can we please just look at some pictures ffs

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

MurderBot posted:

I'm more of a Caseys general store kinda guy myself.

Same. See you there.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

Can we please just look at some pictures ffs

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Parmesan Basil posted:

I love visiting tiny dying towns like this. There's always one or two little things to make them unique and then nothing.

My favorite rear end-end of night shift activity is to go crossroading on streetview. Tiny, dying towns are fascinating in that "why the gently caress would anyone live there?" way.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lunixnerd posted:

As someone who has never been more than 100km of any ocean, this thread scares me, its like what do you mean there is no roaring blue ocean beyond those hills, just more farmland and hills? what? How do you know where you live if you are literally in the middle of nowhere?

we have maps and sometime gps on phones

TontoCorazon posted:

Like almost everything posted in this thread is just loving awful.

Eat

poo poo :smug:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Only in the Midwest does this happen

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7044162

A frozen canister about the size of a milk jug was stolen from an unlocked barn belonging to Daniel Weness sometime last week.

The canister contained a bunch of vials of bull semen valued between $300 to $1500 each, KAAL TV reports.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3872127.shtml

"Drivers on Interstate 94 in the Maple Grove area experienced delays Thursday morning as crews worked to clean up after a semi hauling mayonnaise started on fire overnight."

I don't know if it gets more midwest than this.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

theultimo posted:

Only in the Midwest does this happen

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7044162

A frozen canister about the size of a milk jug was stolen from an unlocked barn belonging to Daniel Weness sometime last week.

The canister contained a bunch of vials of bull semen valued between $300 to $1500 each, KAAL TV reports.

I'll do you one better - Bull semen spill causes scare, closes highway in Nashville

naem
May 29, 2011

tardwrangler posted:

My favorite rear end-end of night shift activity is to go crossroading on streetview. Tiny, dying towns are fascinating in that "why the gently caress would anyone live there?" way.

SKELLENGTON

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
chicago

mecca of the midwest

i dont even consider nebraska to be midwest its more like the south

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

naem posted:

SKELLENGTON

PILOT MOUND

Only registered members can see post attachments!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

well occasionally the midwest has hot blonde german or swedish girls.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Also, St Paul has the best Russian place in the US

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

YarPirate posted:

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3872127.shtml

"Drivers on Interstate 94 in the Maple Grove area experienced delays Thursday morning as crews worked to clean up after a semi hauling mayonnaise started on fire overnight."

I don't know if it gets more midwest than this.

RIP one week supply of one Nebraska family's Mac and Cheese sauce

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

John Brown's body is a-molderin' in the grave
His cause is marching on

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress da Mods posted:

chicago

mecca of the midwest

i dont even consider nebraska to be midwest its more like the south

Nebraska is like 50% Iowa, 50% Kansas, and Kansas is 50% south, so Nebraska is 25% south

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Monkey Fracas posted:

Indianapolis literally built all it's highways to go around the City so you could speed right on by without having to get anywhere close to civilization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Midwest is depressing as hell and idk why you people live there.

• Locked thread