Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I went Cleric because I want to be the out of body dude. Had to reroll already because ingame says they use STR but they actually scale with int, thanks game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So I haven't gotten a key yet but from what I understand you are unable to max out some classe's skills with skill points if they are high rank. Is this true?

I have an ungodly attraction to Time Mages in any game but it appears that you can only add about 30 skill points to the class skills due to how high it is in the class rank. Does this mean that I will be unable to fully cap out all the Chronomancer skills? Also there is a sort of mob revive in the skill set. Is that for killing mobs twice for double the fun or something?

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Anyone around level 22 and in the Crystal Mine? Hit me up! me name is whalestory, prepare to die

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Is there a guild option in the game?

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Hivac posted:

Is this like RO where stats/skills have absolutely 0 takebacks and you have to reroll if you ever gently caress it up

Right now you can buy CBT skill/stat reset scrolls for 5 icoins per from the item shop vendor (SW of not-prontera statue). Icoins are going to be the premium currency, I guess, but you can also get them by talking to the achievement tracker/reward lady. She's located northeast of the statue in not-prontera. I have about 30+ coins at level 30 just through regular play, so I'm feeling pretty comfortable that I can just do my own thing and not worry too much about screwing up my character.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

whalestory posted:

Anyone around level 22 and in the Crystal Mine? Hit me up! me name is whalestory, prepare to die

I'm a higher level than you and I haven't played in 6 hours. Step it up! :getin:

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Hey I just woke up!!!

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Haven't been able to stay connected for more than a minute all day. Now I can't even get in game at all :sigh:

Seems I'm the only one with connection problems this bad, hopefully it's better tomorrow.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
The game is really fun but I think I ended up in the mines way too early. I was level 12 while all the monsters and bosses were like level 20. It took me like 10 minutes to slowly whittle down the boss until it died and boosted me up by a couple of levels. Class changed to Pyromancer and I'm ready to fireball stuff to death when I get home later today!

There is massive lag and delay when speaking to NPCs but I'm pretty sure thats because of the sheer amount of people playing currently.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
If anyone is at 26 and wants to group up to kill things let me know, ign: Rafza Talket

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Someone who understands the game's stats more than I, explain to me why this sword hits harder than this mace, even against enemies who aren't granting the 50% slash vulnerability. My character sheet shows me having a decidedly higher physical attack stat with the mace on, and obviously the weapon itself has a higher range, so what gives. The mace has a red gem in it but unless I'm completely misunderstanding it, that shouldn't matter.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Anyone using controller/keypad for this game? Thinking of buying a 360 controller for this game.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

wfwon posted:

Anyone using controller/keypad for this game? Thinking of buying a 360 controller for this game.

Yes, combat feels great on a gamepad, been playing with one the entire time, though navigating inventory/skill menus is clunky with it and you'll probably still want your mouse nearby for when you need it.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Scoss posted:

Yes, combat feels great on a gamepad, been playing with one the entire time, though navigating inventory/skill menus is clunky with it and you'll probably still want your mouse nearby for when you need it.

Which controller did you use, I guess it shouldn't make a big difference, would it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
My DualShock 3 (using SCP) won't allow me to select things with the mouse cursor in UI mode (R1+start), but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the controller itself.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Controller UI mode doesn't work at all from what I can tell. Pretty sure you can't actually select anything, only move the cursor. I'm using an older razer 360 controller and its working great. I'd love using a DS3 or DS4 though.. can a DS3 be made to work wired and trick the game into thinking its a 360 controller?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Horizontal Tree posted:

Controller UI mode doesn't work at all from what I can tell. Pretty sure you can't actually select anything, only move the cursor. I'm using an older razer 360 controller and its working great. I'd love using a DS3 or DS4 though.. can a DS3 be made to work wired and trick the game into thinking its a 360 controller?

Oh good, it wasn't just me and my weird set-up.

Yes, you can use a DS3, just jump through a couple of hoops with an extra service on Windows. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Is cryo any better/funner than pyro? Pyros moves don't seem real great right now and one of the bosses in the minds pasted me on the first try

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Horizontal Tree posted:

I'd love using a DS3 or DS4 though.. can a DS3 be made to work wired and trick the game into thinking its a 360 controller?

I use a DS3 with ToS and all my other PC controller games in fact. The SCP tool linked above works well.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I use a DS3 as well, works beautifully. A tip though: the help menu for buttons says Minimap is L2+R2 but thats switch skillset. To actually open the minimap with the controller its L1+Select!

My name in game is Quaker Puss if anyone is around level 19!! Hit me up please I am so lonely.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dawnfire posted:

Is cryo any better/funner than pyro? Pyros moves don't seem real great right now and one of the bosses in the minds pasted me on the first try

Flame Ground is probably the best skill next to fireball for constant damage on bosses for Pyro. It's really solid and should probably be maxed first (does heavy work on AOE pack pulls too)

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Yeah, Flame ground seems pretty great, just seems unfortunate that most of their other offerings feel so weak by comparison. May give it another go, but I also want to try remaking and go Cyro. Anychance we know how many tiers of classes are in this beta? I'm mostly deathly curious to try Sorcerer, but if we only get access to 1 and 2 than I'll just keep leveling and swap to cyro at next beat.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Dawnfire posted:

Yeah, Flame ground seems pretty great, just seems unfortunate that most of their other offerings feel so weak by comparison. May give it another go, but I also want to try remaking and go Cyro. Anychance we know how many tiers of classes are in this beta? I'm mostly deathly curious to try Sorcerer, but if we only get access to 1 and 2 than I'll just keep leveling and swap to cyro at next beat.

We have access up to rank 6.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
I was thinking about a monk/sadhu combo, but then I realized they have two different damage types so one would be underpowered right? Does the OOB stuff have any utility that would make it a worthwhile combo?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I don't understand how this nearby party thing works, you can't click on it so what's the point? Also I can't get a party for crystal mines so Ive just been soloing it basically :(

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
If you link 5 things and shoot an energy bolt at one, do you get 5 energy bolts of damage or one energy bolt divided between them?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I just got a weird but funny bug. I sat down to regenerate hp/sp and went AFK for a bit. When I came back I was slowly floating upwards into the air. I waited a bit longer and managed to make the ground disappear entirely. I had to jump down from the sky when I wanted to get up and move move.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
I had the opposite, I fell through the ground and had to jump like 5 times to make it back to the surface.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Anyone know where to get keys still? My brother got in but I didn't know this was dropping. Looks awesome.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
How do I get around this flash player error bullshit?

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

How do I get around this flash player error bullshit?

install flash for IE

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm playing archer with a ds4 and don't know how to like, target enemies. sometimes i just automatically start shooting at them. agghH!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All things considered, I'm actually surprised that the servers are holding up the way they are. Sure Im getting 20fps when I should be at 120fps but thats the price you have to pay for the amount of people playing and the servers not catching fire.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's only been 12 hours and I already feel super behind. Is this the fate of Temmie Countblanc??

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK here's something weird. The game looks like its running fine when its not being focused on but the moment I click on it to start replaying it'll crawl to 20fps. Im assuming this is a gpu issue not clocking back up for some reason but its weird. Anyone know a fix?

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Someone mentioned an IRC linked to the slack chat? Anychance that's up and working now?

rizzen posted:

We have access up to rank 6.

Thanks for the answer.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

anyone around level 34 wanna gently caress around, hit me up. Team name: Puss

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

The Quake posted:

anyone around level 34 wanna gently caress around, hit me up. Team name: Puss

Quake and I are in a group about to take on the chapel/level 40 dungeon so if anyone else is around 40 let me know. ign: rafza talket

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I noticed that you cannot make guilds in this game. I looked it up and found out that you need to pick a special hidden class (not available to play yet) to be allowed to make guilds. Thats the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Any other wizards notice that their skills don't get any stronger with int according to the skills pane? I've put 20 or so points into int and nothing seems to have gone up other than basic attack damage.

Is this just a wizard thing? Does this happen to all classes? Is this bad UI? What's happening here?

• Locked thread