Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3 runs of descended carnival 1, no tengu drop. Mama mia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Kalas posted:

Shiva dragon reminded me rows are not dead.

Also reminded me that a full red board that's enhanced can put out some very funny numbers.

Neptune Dragon for me.
I think mine currently has 16 row enhance and it's pretty cool imo. I've had a long enough break from rows, that it actually feels quite refreshing.
OG retro-rows are the new retro hotness, mark my words

Full red board was my go to for KotG and Gold Keeper for the longest time. Push buttons - 7+ million damage

Daylight savings here hosed up my Descended Carnival reminder, but I managed 3 runs in 7 minutes. No rush now that I think about it as I need jewels for all 3 mons anyway.
Suppose that I should probably feed away the low cost poo poo-squad I was grudgingly working on. Bye-bye low cost dungeons, you won't be missed

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 27, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, they don't have a drop chance bonus for the carnival? Well, I can't say that I'm surprised but that sucks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

I can't say that I'm surprised but that sucks.

- The GungHo NA system.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

3 runs of descended carnival 1, no tengu drop. Mama mia.

Took me 6 runs to get my first Tengu. Good luck.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trucutru posted:

Wait, they don't have a drop chance bonus for the carnival? Well, I can't say that I'm surprised but that sucks.

Ahaha, you thought you were getting a tengu? Think again.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
:eyepop:
That suuuucks

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Might be a bit late on Z8 chat, but here's my experience. I found the dungeon reasonable to clear with ABastet, but it was very slow for me, because I'm not great at puzzling. I only have about 90 + eggs on my leader, other than using a friend hyper. I almost never died because I couldn't put out enough damage, it was usually due to completely botching my combo and doing next to no damage.

Only completed about 6 runs, no skill ups :(

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I got Tengu on my second run but no Dark Xuanzang.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

drop rate seems good to me :smuggo:

e: I can make Awoken Susano now! :toot:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I think I might try Awoken Amaterasu on my alt. It looks like you can snooze through it as long as you don't put anyone in Nuke range. I don't have a lot of Amaterasu friends so I may have to use Shiva.

I don't know what to run on my main. Kirin/Kali/Ra seem like not a good idea if you hit dark Xuanzang. Same with Yomi and light Xuanzang. I don't have anything else that puts out that kind of damage. Maybe Parvati? The rest of her team is kind of garbage though.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GoodBee posted:

I think I might try Awoken Amaterasu on my alt. It looks like you can snooze through it as long as you don't put anyone in Nuke range. I don't have a lot of Amaterasu friends so I may have to use Shiva.

I don't know what to run on my main. Kirin/Kali/Ra seem like not a good idea if you hit dark Xuanzang. Same with Yomi and light Xuanzang. I don't have anything else that puts out that kind of damage. Maybe Parvati? The rest of her team is kind of garbage though.

Just use one of your regular descended teams, maybe something with a bind clear, I snoozed through the dungeon a couple times with Urd and I don't think I was ever in danger of dying.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
I cleared the first three with no issues with Verdandi/Ceres/GZL/Vishnu/Liu Bei/Verdandi. Everything is skilled but Liu Bei, but there weren't any real surprises.

Also, the drop rates suck. One mob, three mobs, two mobs. None of the headliners dropped.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So I snagged a Ra yesterday. Is he much harder to activate than LKali?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Not sure if I should run dungeon 1 for tengu for A Yomi or dungeon 3 to get mons to make A Bastet or dungeon 2 to make an A Horus.

It'd be great if everything dropped but, HA! that's not going to happen.

going to run lmeta/A Ameratsu.

e: Think dungeon 2 is out because Thoth & Sopdet are coming in their normal descend in a few days. So, run 3 I think until I get laser eye kat and then switch to 1 for a couple of tengu's if possible.

e: gently caress ra. I've had him forever and 1/3rd of all boards boards that you can't activate Ra on. Maybe someday I'll get gud but why bother when I also have bastet and yomi to work on and don't have any Kali's?

Murgos fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 27, 2015

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

McDragon posted:

I mean, it takes another color for the minimum number of matches to activate, so yes, Ra is harder than Kali. If you are at least semi-competent in your orb matching it isn't too bad, just takes a little more planning to activate.

The hardest part with Ra is getting orb trolled, but there are ways to prevent that (orb planning, board changers, praying as hard as you can for skyfalls, etc.)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

McDragon posted:

He's somewhat harder to consistently activate, yes. Though he does get a bit easier if you have some Kalis to use as subs.

Do you have a PADHerder? I could give you some team suggestions.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 27, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Cleared first two descends easily. The one with Zhou Yu kicked my butt because I forgot that the rear end in a top hat has resolve.
RIP until next urgent I guess. In other news, I finally got Gaia, so I may save it freya or use it on hades(lol)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

Cleared first two descends easily. The one with Zhou Yu kicked my butt because I forgot that the rear end in a top hat has resolve.
RIP until next urgent I guess. In other news, I finally got Gaia, so I may save it freya or use it on hades(lol)

He has a really dumb resolved. I just popped Kushi and murdered him, survived his underwhelming attack and then murdered his face.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Full red board was my go to for KotG and Gold Keeper for the longest time. Push buttons - 7+ million damage

For Shiva dragon, that's about how much the LEADERS do together on a 350% full red board.

Descended Carnival Trip Report:

50 stamina for Zhang Fei, Zhou Yu and Guan Yingping in a single run is so worth.
Though , the first dungeon got me exactly 1 Tengu and that wasn't impressive.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

McDragon posted:

The best indication I can give: how often do you get orb-screwed with Kali? If you're mostly clearing the board every turn to make sure you get enough of her colors, you'll do fine activating Ra when the board allows you to match five. You'll mostly find yourself frustrated by boards that don't allow you to.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yay look at these gods I never bothered with!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

- The GungHo NA system.

Seriously. Like I am now farming poring tower in JP :suicide: (because I somehow have a green valk? when did I roll her) and instead of it being 3 days with a 2x bonus on the last one, it's 7 days with a 2x bonus the whole time. Same lovely drops, same everything, but at least in JP I can farm it with whatever stamina I have left after I finish farming the other million things available for the day.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 27, 2015

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

If a monster has a different active skill as an awoken form, if you revert it back, will its original skill levels return?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

The Hebug posted:

If a monster has a different active skill as an awoken form, if you revert it back, will its original skill levels return?

No. Back to 1.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I have nothing that I need from the descended carnival. So I thought I would do them for the stone. Then I half assed it too hard on dragon zombie and died. Considering that I beat Dragon Rush the other day in the challenge dungeons for the first time this is a most shameful display. :saddowns:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

silvergoose posted:

No. Back to 1.

The best thing about awoken monsters IMO
It's great to know the effort and stones I spent max skilling Shiva(before reduction) went to good use :suicide:

On that note, I have leilan and shiva as my awoken candidates. Who do I blast with my piis? Shiva or Leilan? Because aside from them, I don't really have any others who don't have skill mats

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

silvergoose posted:

No. Back to 1.

Guess I'm committed to A.Haku then.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Postal Parcel posted:

It's great to know the effort and stones I spent max skilling Shiva(before reduction) went to good use :suicide:

On that note, I have leilan and shiva as my awoken candidates. Who do I blast with my piis? Shiva or Leilan? Because aside from them, I don't really have any others who don't have skill mats

Leilan.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Descended Carnival was pretty fun in a "oh ho ho I have 3 Kalis now and you don't have any restrictions saving your rear end now". Took 6 total runs to get the 2 dark Xuanzangs but that's done. Got a tengu and a Noah too for I already forgot who but assuming some dark XP shows up between now and Friday I should be able to awaken both Hakus then at which point my Yomi team is still pretty far from max skill.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Shiva's skill is sometimes nice to have as a bonus, or for the odd specific dungeon, where as a Leilan active is always great to blow poo poo up . Suzaku

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

The Hebug posted:

Guess I'm committed to A.Haku then.

It is good to be faithful in a relationship

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Could a Lu Bu/Pandora/Vampire/Pandora/Dark Ceres/Shiva/Ronia team do sky prison easy? It just takes some stalling, a bind clear, sweep the next couple rounds with shiva, then a big burst to kill the last floor right?

korora
Sep 3, 2011
Stalling is not trivial on Sky Prison and the preemptive on floor 3 will cancel Shiva's defense break so you need another defense break/poison/delay. Otherwise that team can probably do it but you might lose a few times figuring out how many combos to make on the first floor.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Freakus posted:

Yeah Horus is best for me. I'm working on getting Thoth to finally get Awoken Horus, but my win rate on that dungeon is ~50% and so far only Sopdet has dropped.

If that's all you need keep throwing every drop of your stamina at the level 4 dungeon on the descended challenge. Thoth will drop eventually. You can get him within the week! The second I got Awoken Horus I was immediately taken to the next level on what I could clear.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I have my 3 Tengu, just need 2 more dark Xuanzang.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Looks like the FF Collab is going to intersect with a 10-stone login bonus. Is there anything worth rolling for, or is it another of those 'roll 5 Clouds or go home' things?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ok, thanks for the Ra tips. Guess I'll probably not be using him any time soon then, I can only barely get away with Kali most of the time. I shall have to git gud. Also I'd still need a Sphinx and Light Jewel. At least he's an option in the future.

DaveWoo posted:

Do you have a PADHerder? I could give you some team suggestions.

Thanks for the offer, but I haven't updated it in ages. I really need to get round to that.

e: I think the thing I'm looking forward to most in the FF Collab is Gilgamesh. Plus as a bonus he's actually something I might sensibly get without throwing a hundred stones at the game. Which is helpful, as I don't have a hundred stones

McDragon fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 27, 2015

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

McDragon posted:

Thanks for the offer, but I haven't updated it in ages. I really need to get round to that.

If you're on Android, you can always use PAD Listener to update PAD Herder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

iOS, unfortunately.

To be honest, it probably wouldn't take me that long to get it updated, once I trimmed the list of entirely useless stuff. I'm just too lazy I guess

• Locked thread