Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

How do 3 people have exactly 3%

How does Paul even have that much?

If they were 2.5% or higher they got rounded up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What debate will take the format of American Ninja Warrior and who do you think will win it?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen this next debate. I know Fiorina is going to get pummeled on her business experience, but I feel like most of her supporter(s) are the type of person who doesn't care about the "facts" and "figures". Same for Trump, because none of his bankruptcies have stuck to him yet.

Jeb! might get hit just because Trump is going to vocally beat the poo poo out of him. I'm guessing the only people that will do well are the people who stay quiet (as usual)?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I think Boosted just called Rush: Caller says the polls are skewed because Carson is boring, doesn't get it, Trump is still #1.

Rush is explaining that the Religious conservatives love him, but not much else.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What debate will take the format of American Ninja Warrior and who do you think will win it?

The kiddie table and it will be Jim Webb with a surprise entrance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm pumped for this debate because everyone is kind of desperate. Trump is slipping in polls for the first time so he's gotta fight back to maintain his big boy stance. Carson has a surge and people are starting to notice the stuff he says so he's gonna have to address some of that. Jeb!'s having some kind of breakdown and he might cry onstage. People are starting to notice that Rubio's in the room so he might have to say something. Fiorina is gonna want to be the star of another debate to get another surge so she's gonna talk a bunch about war and dead babies. And everyone else is on the brink of death and sort of needs to do something. Cruz seems like he might be the only guy who can coast.

And will the kiddie table be down to 3 people this time? That's just sad. I can't wait until November when there's just 2 guys onstage pretending they're still running for President.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

How do 3 people have exactly 3%

How does Paul even have that much?

Magic rounding to squeeze them all into the debate, as far as I can tell.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That must be the lamest campus political group ever. The LaRouche kids probably kick sand at them.

Montasque posted:

He's not wrong.

Yesssss, can we finally be rid of Bill Kristol?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 22, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Smoothrich posted:

Hillary is so bad, you have no idea. She's going to fall apart in a general election.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
"The Iran Deal is Bad!" - Rubio's Foreign Policy Expertise Sets Him Apart At Debate

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Keep in mind that this debate is supposedly focused on the economy. Not that this won't stop the candidates (or even the moderators) from bringing up things like 9/11, energy levels, religion, etc., but theoretically at least it will be geared more towards the economic side of things.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xenophon posted:

Keep in mind that this debate is supposedly focused on the economy. Not that this won't stop the candidates (or even the moderators) from bringing up things like 9/11, energy levels, religion, etc., but theoretically at least it will be geared more towards the economic side of things.

It's going to be vicious and personal broham, Trump is flailing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Is CNBC going to be streaming the debate?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ah to hell with that then, I've got D&D that night.

E: Thanks though

Speaking of the 1984 election...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

The following four candidates, who met the minimum threshold of one percent in any one of the specified group of national polls, will take the stage at 6PM ET:

Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
George Pataki
Lindsey Graham

It should be seen as a humiliating insult to be invited to this debate.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I have high hopes for this debate as well. Don't forget that the moderators' questions are usually slanted in such a way as to stir up maximum poo poo by harping on the current media narratives.

It's more extreme than previous elections too since they want to thin the field as quick as possible.

I can't wait for them to just hand out switchblades at the start of the last debate.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Democrats want to have everyone dependant on them and republicans want people who cant speak english to work so they dont know how to ask for more money.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

I mean, I know it's probably not popular to say so, but I don't think Cruz can win just because he's, well, just really unpleasant to look at. We've had a black president, a couple gay presidents, an atheist president, but we've never had an ugly president.

EDIT: Since it doesn't seem to be displaying, google some pics of Buren and John Quincey for your viewing pleasure.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 27, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Smoothrich posted:

He's not any of those guys, he's a loving neuroscientist.

You're right. He's less qualified to be President of the loving United States than those guys.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What I want to see is the venn diagram of overlap between Americans who Don't Hate Hillary Clinton (which I believe is a very large portion of the nation) and Americans who Do Hate Donald Trump.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 22, 2016

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Kind of; they're doing that bullshit where you have to confirm that you're a cable tv subscriber in order to stream it online.

Goddammit, gently caress that. Why the hell are cable channels doing these anyway?

It's a Presidential debate, just stream the drat thing and cash in on the ad revenue when people connect to the stream.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sir Tonk posted:

Goddammit, gently caress that. Why the hell are cable channels doing these anyway?

It's a Presidential debate, just stream the drat thing and cash in on the ad revenue when people connect to the stream.

cnbc is owned by comcast, who are angry that you don't have a superfluous cable subscription to go with your internet subscription

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Just watch it on a pirate stream. You see the debate, cnbc gets no ad revenue for being dumb. Win win.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sir Tonk posted:

ad revenue

it's CNBC, an ad buy is probably cheaper than a sixer of PBR

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Bush team 'cringes' as Jeb talks like a loser

quote:

"I just cringed," said one member of Jeb Bush's extended circle of advisers when asked his reaction to Bush's recent mini-tantrum on the state of the Republican presidential race. "Every politician, at some point, and sometimes justifiably, is pissed off at the voters. But you can't display your frustration with the public..."

..."He has a super PAC with $100 million in it that has just sat there while they watched their candidate get destroyed," a veteran strategist not affiliated with any campaign said. "This is like if Travis at the Alamo had 10,000 soldiers he could call up and said no, we don't need them. What are they going to do with the money — declare a dividend?"

Meanwhile, in the face of the mortal threat from Trump, BushWorld continues to focus on Marco Rubio as its true rival. A Washington Post story from Houston Monday night was headlined, "At a gathering of Bushes, the focus turns to Rubio as a key opponent."

"Bush ultimately sees Rubio, who is rising in the polls, as the biggest obstacle in the lane he is trying to take to the GOP nomination," the paper reported.

Trump is killing Bush. And Bush is fixating on Rubio. The Bush campaign has made an apparently irrevocable decision to focus on potential future threats instead of immediate, mortal danger. "They're talking about winning Florida," the unaffiliated strategist said. "They're not going to be in the race."

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Xenophon posted:

Keep in mind that this debate is supposedly focused on the economy.

Exactly the springboard Trump needs to hit a new high in support.

He's going to clean everyone's clock.

Forget his personal wealth and businesses, he's the only one out there actually looking out for the economic fortunes of the American worker.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Shageletic posted:

EDIT: Since it doesn't seem to be displaying, google some pics of Buren and John Quincey for your viewing pleasure.

Yeah but look who they were running against:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nessus posted:

What I want to see is the venn diagram of overlap between Americans who Don't Hate Hillary Clinton (which I believe is a very large portion of the nation) and Americans who Do Hate Donald Trump.

That's me

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Smoothrich posted:

Carson keeps talking about propaganda, because its everywhere and brainwashing liberals to hate America, turn on each other, and love Putin who constantly demeans liberals with textbook Slavic mind tricks. Sam Harris is on a rampage nowadays trying to understand why Glenn Greenwald living in Brazil is a blatant anti-American propagandist who colluded with an American traitor that fled to Moscow. Russia is reaping the reward of ineffectual American foreign policy with clearly unchecked power and worrisome anti-American alliance posturing. If you know what propaganda sounds like, you start to hear it everywhere.

Liberals are literally brainwashed to be stupid intolerant racists en masse, and now go around correcting or censoring everyone to conform to the Liberal Logic delusion. Ben Carson majored in Psychology at Yale and understands Nazi Germany's hate machine all too well. Abraham Lincoln tolerated the "Free Press" for only so long himself before he shut down the 1800's version of Salon.com and Huffington Post, controlled by Democrats in NYC then and now.

Seriously, just scroll past Salon's headlines once in awhile and ask yourself why its blaring Left Wing Hate all day, every day, nonstop.

:raise:

Which textbook would one find these Slavic mind tricks in?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I can't loving wait for Jeb Bush to suicide bomb the debate tomorrow.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm Excited about Jeb!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

trump is the prophecized one fated to bring balance to the slavic force

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

trump is the prophecized one fated to bring balance to the slavic force

Only a Slav deals in absolutes?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

straight outta cuckton

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Thump! posted:

:raise:

Which textbook would one find these Slavic mind tricks in?

Have you played the Witcher games? It's like that, but real. People think Geralt is some bad rear end superman, because he's a Slav lol

There's probably one real copy of Slavic mythology from the long lost ancient age of Slavic paganism and it's on Putin's desk

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 27, 2015

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Montasque posted:

"At a gathering of Bushes, "

Someone do a Photoshop of the Bushes in jugalo facepaint tia

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Because Marco Rubio sucks so badly at being a senator, Jim Gilmore is publicly requesting he resign from the Senate:

quote:

"Essentially, Sen. Rubio has abandoned his post and expects the taxpayers of Florida to continue subsidizing his campaign for the White House despite his choice to campaign instead of representing the people who elected him to the Senate," Gilmore said in a statement. "He is being paid by Florida taxpayers to be on the job in the Senate representing their interests. If he is not going to do that, I don't see how in good conscience he can campaign for president without resigning from Senate."

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

If they're really focusing on Florida they're going to (have already) crash and burn ala Giuliani. You absolutely cannot allow Trump to take any of the early primary states. How can you not be putting everything you have into keeping him out of Iowa/New Hampshire/South Carolina :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Unskewing intensifies:

• Locked thread