Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Because he's an abominably atrocious candidate. I don't mean in terms of ground game and strategy (though those are both abysmal as well) but in the sense that he's a soporific speaker who keeps his eyes closed half the time.

Also do you really think when it's all said and done, GOP primary voters are going to be able to pull the lever for a black guy?

But do you think HE knows that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Logikv9 posted:

They're going to continue hitting her on Benghazi for months and months to come. Since they couldn't get anything to stick to her in a setting where she can quickly retort, they'll just do it on FOX News and Republican debates, since they can say whatever bullshit they want with no fear of any meaningful repercussions.

I'm certain that if we're not scrounging the wastelands and fighting off mutants in 2050 (and perhaps even if we are), the Fox News MindTube channel will make their remembrance of first female President Hillary Clinton all about Benghazi, before attacking Mx. President Draxo Darkscale, the first otherkin president.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

zoux posted:

He's not actually building any sort of volunteer base or ground game, he's spending money from fundraisers on more fundraising, he's running a pyramid scheme.

He's the inanimate carbon rod of this cycle.

Just because he acknowledges he has no chance doesn't mean he wouldn't accept the nomination if it were attainable.

I also wouldn't rule out that he's has absolutely no idea how to run a campaign. Whenever I listen to him speak, this seems more likely than any other scenario.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Senate is opening a hearing into Obummer literally pulling the trigger on that one guy who died saving 70 people from an ISIS death camp.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

size1one posted:

Just because he acknowledges he has no chance doesn't mean he wouldn't accept the nomination if it were attainable.

I also wouldn't rule out that he's has absolutely no idea how to run a campaign. Whenever I listen to him speak, this seems more likely than any other scenario.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. You want me to tell you Ben Carson is definitely going to be president?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

it will still be dragging on for a while as they still have like 20 people to interview

A few days after, Trey Gowdy went on some interview and tried to imply that attention-whore Hillary ruined the sanctity of her deposition by doing it publicly, and that it was all her idea and she demanded it even though it was Very Unprofessional, and that he has now learned his lesson about being nice and polite to Democrats so everything from this point forward is going to be a private, closed-doors session.

So presumably there will just be ~20 private, non-televised interviews where they'll get no new information. Gowdy and the Repubs will try to imply they got something but no one will really care at this point going forward, and it will just quietly die out while the new Planned Parenthood Committee shuffles in to take its place.

Edit: Here's Gowdy's sad deflection attempt. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trey-gowdy-hillary-clinton-private-productive

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
They just arrested the girl who filmed the police officer flipping the girl in that High School and fined her $1,000

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/sc-student-arrested-for-recording-school-cops-violent-assault-on-classmate-sitting-in-her-desk/

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Logikv9 posted:

They're going to continue hitting her on Benghazi for months and months to come. Since they couldn't get anything to stick to her in a setting where she can quickly retort, they'll just do it on FOX News and Republican debates, since they can say whatever bullshit they want with no fear of any meaningful repercussions.

They can play that game for a while, but they're eventually going to have to issue a report that clears her of any wrongdoing.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

foobardog posted:

I'm certain that if we're not scrounging the wastelands and fighting off mutants in 2050 (and perhaps even if we are), the Fox News MindTube channel will make their remembrance of first female President Hillary Clinton all about Benghazi, before attacking Mx. President Draxo Darkscale, the first otherkin president.

I grew up during the last decade of the Cold War and the idea of a full-on nuclear exchange used to scare me half to death, but now I find the possibility of potential vaporization oddly comforting.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

They just arrested the girl who filmed the police officer flipping the girl in that High School and fined her $1,000

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/sc-student-arrested-for-recording-school-cops-violent-assault-on-classmate-sitting-in-her-desk/

That says she's being held on a $1000 bond i think, not a fine of $1000. Either way, ludicrous.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Ah, I see a local police force has responded properly to a national scandal.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

zoux posted:

He's not actually building any sort of volunteer base or ground game, he's spending money from fundraisers on more fundraising, he's running a pyramid scheme.

He's the inanimate carbon rod of this cycle.

I'm pretty sure voters will have no problem electing someone who saves the lives of astronauts.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

That says she's being held on a $1000 bond i think, not a fine of $1000. Either way, ludicrous.

My mistake.

Either way: You figure Court after Court declaring the recording of Police to be legal, they'd stop trying to use it as a basis for arrest.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I'd like to know what party John Kasich thinks he's a member of...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zachack posted:

I'm pretty sure voters will have no problem electing someone who saves the lives of astronauts.

In rod we trust.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

CommieGIR posted:

CommieGIR posted:

My mistake.

Either way: You figure Court after Court declaring the recording of Police to be legal, they'd stop trying to use it as a basis for arrest.

They didn't arrest her for recording the cop. As the article states she was fined for "disrupting school." Shoulda just kept her head down and never spoken a word of it outside the school!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ComradeCosmobot posted:

As the article states she was fined for "disrupting school." Shoulda just kept her head down and never spoken a word of it outside the school!

Because this won't fly back in the school's face.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Zeroisanumber posted:

They can play that game for a while, but they're eventually going to have to issue a report that clears her of any wrongdoing.

There are already plenty of other reports that have done the same thing. If anything they'll happily move this into conspiracy-theory territory, so they can always report on it in a subtle way that brings attention to it but doesn't give it any support.

I promise you that you will be hearing cries of BENGHAZI on FOX when Hillary is boarding Marine One when the new President is being inaugurated in 2020/2024.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Basically there are some provincial lords who are in for a world of hurt that they only think they see coming.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

As the article states she was fined for "disrupting school." Shoulda just kept her head down and never spoken a word of it outside the school!

Watching the video I was surprised how many of the kids were just acting like nothing was going on at all.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

CommieGIR posted:

Civil rights lawsuits are extremely fun and provide great educational opportunities for the community.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

zoux posted:

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. You want me to tell you Ben Carson is definitely going to be president?

No, I'm not saying that. People keep saying that Ben Carson does not want to win based on his inability to win. He almost certainly does want to win no matter how improbable it is.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I too look forward to arguments about how this girl deserved the beatdown she got and how the SRO was the real victim.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

They didn't arrest her for recording the cop. As the article states she was fined for "disrupting school." Shoulda just kept her head down and never spoken a word of it outside the school!

Snitches get stitches arrested?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zoux posted:

Watching the video I was surprised how many of the kids were just acting like nothing was going on at all.

Apparently that cop has generated complaints in the past for beating the poo poo out of students, they were probably hoping he didn't interpret a nose sniffle or a yawn as felony insolence or something.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

I'm not surprised. They know they'd get arrested for obstructing a police officer if they did anything. Just like the video recorder just did.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Logikv9 posted:

I too look forward to arguments about how this girl deserved the beatdown she got and how the SRO was the real victim.

"Talk poo poo Get Hit" is in the Constitution somewhere, isn't it?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Snitches get stitches arrested?

Speaking of which, what ever happened to the NYPD guy that was forced into psychiatric care by his supervisors because he had recordings of his supervisors being corrupt?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

size1one posted:

No, I'm not saying that. People keep saying that Ben Carson does not want to win based on his inability to win. He almost certainly does want to win no matter how improbable it is.

people are saying carson doesnt wanna win because he took 2 weeks off from his campaign, while his star is on the rise, to go hawk his book

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zeroisanumber posted:

"Talk poo poo Get Hit" is in the Constitution somewhere, isn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised if Madison got it in somewhere.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

size1one posted:

Yes I imagine he would accept the nomination if it was handed to him on a platter but he's not going to do anything too rigorous to make sure he gets the nom.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

The Senate is opening a hearing into Obummer literally pulling the trigger on that one guy who died saving 70 people from an ISIS death camp.
They're actually loving doing it, holy poo poo I can't believe it. Since this is now a relevant political issue (somehow), have a 15 minute video full of interviews with the hostages/prisoners rescued from that joint US-Peshmerga raid on Hawija:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMFDjUUwjP8
Turn on the youtube English subtitles for the English translation.

As a warning holy loving poo poo the stuff they talk about is Grade A+ disturbing; make sure you don't have anything important to do for about an hour after you watch the video.:gonk:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Obama is responsible for the death of a Special Forces soldier is going to be the new Benghazi isn't it?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

A Winner is Jew posted:

Speaking of which, what ever happened to the NYPD guy that was forced into psychiatric care by his supervisors because he had recordings of his supervisors being corrupt?

Settled with the city for $600k.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

A Winner is Jew posted:

If you're referring to Adrian Schoolcraft, he recently got a $600,000 settlement from the NYPD, which he'd sued for $50 million over its atrocious campaign of harrassment.

EDIT: beaten like a minority scofflaw in the 81st precinct.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 27, 2015

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zoux posted:

When you live in a dangerous world you learn to keep your head down.

Like check out the video again and see how many of those kids literally keep their heads down because they know full well they're in danger too.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Luigi Thirty posted:

The White House will just claim Executive Privilege here and there's not much Mitch can do about it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

fade5 posted:

They're actually loving doing it, holy poo poo I can't believe it. Since this is now a relevant political issue (somehow), have a 15 minute video full of interviews with the hostages/prisoners rescued from that joint US-Peshmerga raid on Hawija:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMFDjUUwjP8
Turn on the youtube English subtitles for the English translation.

As a warning holy loving poo poo the stuff they talk about is Grade A+ disturbing; make sure you don't have anything important to do for about an hour after you watch the video.:gonk:

Just looked up a news story on Google. It's McCain questioning his competence as CiC, and that "Harry Truman is spinning in his grave."

Isn't this a good thing? Why are they blaming Obama for a successful rescue operation?

greatn posted:

I didn't see any special forces soldiers dying when Bush was president. This is the first one ever.

OH, I see. Yeah they're going to trash his legacy hardcore over this. Like this is it, this is what they've been waiting for.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
The federal government has once again lost its bid to block release of videos of force feeding Gitno detainees.

EDIT:

Nonsense posted:

Isn't this a good thing? Why are they blaming Obama for a successful rescue operation?

Obama killed Osama Bin Laden. And Seal Team Six and really it was all a lie!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I didn't see any special forces soldiers dying when Bush was president. This is the first one ever.

• Locked thread