Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Just looked up a news story on Google. It's McCain questioning his competence as CiC, and that "Harry Truman is spinning in his grave."

Isn't this a good thing? Why are they blaming Obama for a successful rescue operation?

Because an American died saving brown people, and the Democrats aren't allowed to be good at any sort of military thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nonsense posted:

Isn't this a good thing? Why are they blaming Obama for a successful rescue operation?

Because he pulled it off successfully.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I mean why not honor the SF guy who died? He's a dude who helped other guys accomplish a feat most people thought was impossible. loving Republicans.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Because he pulled it off successfully.

Tell that to the brave soldier that Obummer sacrificed to his islamic horde brethren. :freep:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nonsense posted:

Just looked up a news story on Google. It's McCain questioning his competence as CiC, and that "Harry Truman is spinning in his grave."

Presumably, President McCain would have followed Truman's lead and nuked the hostage camp.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Presumably, President McCain would have followed Truman's lead and nuked the hostage camp.

Well at least he's thinking big, for christ sake.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Joementum posted:

Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Daesh.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

I mean after we rescued all the hostages/prisoners from the prison that's basically what we did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBJZmI1O2T4

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

They can play that game for a while, but they're eventually going to have to issue a report that clears her of any wrongdoing.

I dunno man; they've been running on fumes for like what two years now?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Logikv9 posted:

Obama is responsible for the death of a Special Forces soldier is going to be the new Benghazi isn't it?

Support Are Troops, never send them into a combat zone!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Greatbacon posted:

No, don't you see? He has to be strong enough to send our troops in when someone's rear end needs kicking, but God help him if any of our troops die the blood will be on his hands!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can I get a link to this SF soldier death outrage, sorry if one was posted, but I didn't see it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Greatbacon posted:

this but unironically

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mr. Nice! posted:

this but unironically

This is what we have special forces for.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Zoran posted:

Big gummint!

Fixed that for you.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Where's the story about the senate hearing, twitter ain't helpin.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

fade5 posted:

I mean after we rescued all the hostages/prisoners from the prison that's basically what we did:

Starting to wonder if you just have a big playlist of all your favorite Daesh-directed explosions.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

pathetic little tramp posted:

Where's the story about the senate hearing, twitter ain't helpin.

Obama Bad Leader, pee pee, doo doo.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Wait are they seriously mad at Obama for losing one man in 14 rounds of Counter Strike?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Wait are they seriously mad at Obama for losing one man in 14 rounds of Counter Strike?

I'm waiting to see an article on it first.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LeeMajors posted:

Bin Laden won.

Could you elaborate? I seem to recall some prophetic statement he made waaay back before the Iraq invasion, but I don't recall what it was.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 27, 2015

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

FAUXTON posted:

I wonder if there's some interplay between Carson's soft-spoken persona, Trump's boisterous shitheelery, and the disparate Fav/Unfav numbers of both causing Carson to gain support as Trump turns up the volume and increases his attacks.

The sense that I've been getting about Iowa, specifically, is that it's largely about faith and perceived hypocrisy.

Iowan caucus voters of both parties tend to be more religious than the respective averages on both sides of the aisle (see 2008/2012 primaries, etc.) and it's pretty apparent from the polling/interviews that a lot of Christian voters don't buy Trump's lip service to Presbyterianism.

Throw in some Carson sound bites about cracking down on professors who say mean things about Jesus and his performance shouldn't be surprising at all. It's surging Santorum all over again.

Kro-Bar posted:

I was homeschooled with cult-ish fundie textbooks, so my sex ed consisted of my mom pushing a book called "You're almost 12" or some poo poo at me, blushing and leaving the room. Thank literal gently caress for the internet.

Lowtax and his merry band of misfits raised you better than your mother ever could.

zoux posted:

Watching the video I was surprised how many of the kids were just acting like nothing was going on at all.

Nobody is better at internalizing and normalizing institutionalized racism than the children who suffer its brunt the most.

My girlfriend's M.Ed program emphasized a focus on educational inequality and she completed her teaching practicum at a 75% Latino/20% black inner city high school.

She probably spent about as much time trying to undo the years' worth of baggage that these poor kids were trucking around as she did actually teaching them academic subjects.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

size1one posted:

Why do people think this? He may be just doing this for book sales and a speaking fees, but wouldn't being nominated or elected help towards that goal?

No? He's currently plowing all his campaigns money into consultant groups to raise more money, which has better grift returns than paying for staff or voter rolls. He's not actually campaigning, and thus won't win.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

No? He's currently plowing all his campaigns money into consultant groups to raise more money, which has better grift returns than paying for staff or voter rolls. He's not actually campaigning, and thus won't win.

That he's leading in the polls is, imo, more of a reaction to all the other guys. He's the empty cipher that a GOP voter can project their ideal candidate upon.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The party of white supremacists is not going to nominate a black man, period.

Also trying to criticize Obama for the successful raid on ISIS is not surprising anything and everything is bad and his fault in the eyes of Republicans. If he cured cancer tomorrow they would complain that he hurt the bottom line of pharmaceutical companies. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rygar201 posted:

I think the escaped mental patient who has kidnapped Dr Ben Carson and is keeping him tied up in a basement while he's using Dr Carson's remarkable career to make steal cash from 73 year old conservatives, might actually believe he has a chance to win...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

fade5 posted:

I got bored and skipped like 5 seconds and the camp went from sitting there to just nothing. God drat we're good at murder and mayhem.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Electric Bugaloo posted:

surging Santorum

:v:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Throw in some Carson sound bites about cracking down on professors who say mean things about Jesus and his performance shouldn't be surprising at all. It's surging Santorum all over again.

Actually, the general feeling I've gotten living in Iowa is that the rural Iowans really hate the Universities here in general. They seem to be applauding the funding cuts that Branstad is bypassing the (bi-partisan) legislature to do.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The house has filed papers of impeachment. Against IRS commissioner Koskinen

edit, the charges:

quote:

The first charge provides the facts of Mr. Koskinen’s failure to comply with subpoenas. In February 2014 Congress instructed Mr. Koskinen to supply all emails related to Lois Lerner, who ran the IRS Exempt Organizations division during the targeting. We now know Mr. Koskinen made little or no effort to preserve or track these communications and that, only a few weeks after the subpoena, IRS employees in West Virginia erased 422 backup tapes, destroying up to 24,000 Lerner emails.

The second charge cites “a pattern of deception” and three “materially false” statements Mr. Koskinen has made to Congress, under oath, including his assurances that no Lerner emails had been lost. In fact Mrs. Lerner’s hard drive had crashed and employees erased tapes.

A third impeachment charge is that while Mr. Koskinen knew Ms. Lerner’s emails were missing as early as February 2014, he did not inform Congress until June 13—and only then by tucking the news into the fifth page of a third enclosure to an unrelated letter to the Senate.

A final charge accuses Mr. Koskinen of incompetence, noting how despite his insistence that his agency had gone to “great lengths” to retrieve lost Lerner emails, the IRS failed to search disaster backup tapes, a Lerner BlackBerry and laptop, the email server and its backup tapes. When the Treasury Inspector General did his own search, he found 1,000 new Lerner emails in 14 days.

You tired of hearing about e-mails? WELL gently caress YOU - Sincerely, the House.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 27, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Axetrain posted:

"He's one of the good ones." - GOP

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've googled everything I can think of and I still can't find an article about Congress holding hearings on the death of Joshua Wheeler.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Axetrain posted:

Also trying to criticize Obama for the successful raid on ISIS is not surprising anything and everything is bad and his fault in the eyes of Republicans. If he cured cancer tomorrow they would complain that he hurt the bottom line of pharmaceutical companies. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest.

It'd hardly be the first time they've done that sort of thing.

I swear we've had this very exchange at least once already, or at least I've posted the Mike Brown (FEMA, not Ferguson) story recently.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

zoux posted:

I've googled everything I can think of and I still can't find an article about Congress holding hearings on the death of Joshua Wheeler.

I got suckered by a wingnut rag. It was the standard "Obama bad! I nuke Middle East!" hearing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

I got suckered by a wingnut rag. It was the standard "Obama bad! I nuke Middle East!" hearing.

Hrmph.

Always demand attribution in your USPol posts people!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mister Macys posted:

Could you elaborate? I seem to recall some prophetic statement he made waaay back before the Iraq invasion, but I don't recall what it was.

Whether or not we killed or capture Osama was irrelevant--the moment we congealed into a quivering mass of nationalism, started revoking personal freedoms and spending trillions of dollars destabilizing a region, he won. The subsequent divisiveness, xenophobia, erosion of due process, obstructionism....all just gravy.

17 hijackers and a small terrorist organization managed to bring a world power to its knees in more ways than one--socially, financially, ethically.

The fact that we are still putting boots on the ground in the middle east is further proof.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Whether or not we killed or capture Osama was irrelevant--the moment we congealed into a quivering mass of nationalism, started revoking personal freedoms and spending trillions of dollars destabilizing a region, he won. The subsequent divisiveness, xenophobia, erosion of due process, obstructionism....all just gravy.

17 hijackers and a small terrorist organization managed to bring a world power to its knees in more ways than one--socially, financially, ethically.

The fact that we are still putting boots on the ground in the middle east is further proof.

I remember reading that his whole goal was to goad the West into such unconscionable brutality against the Mideast that the whole Muslim world would unite in response and usher in the global Caliphate but that's my fuzzy recollection.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

pathetic little tramp posted:

The house has filed papers of impeachment. Against IRS commissioner Koskinen

If the investigations find no wrongdoing, you gotta find your win some other way.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

Give it a week or so and they might do it anyway.

zoux posted:

Hrmph.

Always demand attribution in your USPol posts people!
But it feels right, and aren't feelings just as good as facts and reality?:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

How about an actual Thing: Obama says on Twitter that we must support our troops police and he has spent over $2 billion to train police officers. Go gently caress yourself.

• Locked thread