Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
The amount of food and beer I'm consuming leading up to my wedding might make it a race to a 2x bodyweight deadlift that you've already won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Today sucked. Last week benched 72.5kg (160lb) for three sets of five with no problems, tried to move up to 75kg (165lb) and barely managed three reps. Oh well, maybe my deadlift will be better tomorrow...

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Pesmerga posted:

Today sucked. Last week benched 72.5kg (160lb) for three sets of five with no problems, tried to move up to 75kg (165lb) and barely managed three reps. Oh well, maybe my deadlift will be better tomorrow...

Continue grinding and don't fret when you don't make a jump. It will come. KEEP PUSHING.

Zzulu posted:

I never use straps

straps are for loser babies. unless you're lifting hulk level weights :colbert:

Train your grip strength you LOSER BABBY

what's Hulk level dammit I don't wanna be a babby, maybe I am a babby............

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Ab rollers are awesome and destroy my abs but I can only do 2-3 of them in one go before they start to cramp :(

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:

Zahgaegun posted:

Man, I haven't heard that quote in forever. Good times.

Like a million others, I've been battling tennis elbow/forearm tendonitis forever. Been trying "Wood Lock Oil" as a topical analgesic - it's similar to Tiger Balm. The smell makes my eyes water though, holy hell.

If it's any help I am as well and according to some internet blogs it's probably tendonosis not tendonitis. Basically you're hosed for life and can only manage the pain, but do a bunch of slow eccentric movements and self massage that absolute gently caress out of anything within 2 feet of your elbow. Those are my tips that I've found so far which I'm pretty sure don't even work but I lie to myself so that I can convince myself to keep going.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Tots posted:

If it's any help I am as well and according to some internet blogs it's probably tendonosis not tendonitis. Basically you're hosed for life and can only manage the pain, but do a bunch of slow eccentric movements and self massage that absolute gently caress out of anything within 2 feet of your elbow. Those are my tips that I've found so far which I'm pretty sure don't even work but I lie to myself so that I can convince myself to keep going.

Totally the same here. Try some topicals if the aches get to you - I like camphor/menthols like Tiger Balm, which you can get at just about any pharmacy. I've been trying Wood Lock for the past few weeks and while it works - the singed nose hairs just ain't worth it at times.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Pssst, hey, guys, we're all reckless drug users.

The Guardian posted:

One in three gym users take drugs or supplements to lose weight – study

More than 30% of gym-goers in the UK use some form of drug or dietary supplement to lose weight, a study has found, amid fears body image anxiety fuels a rise in the use of performance and image-enhancing drugs.

More than 5% of people who regularly attend gyms have gone further by using the illegal stimulant amphetamine for this purpose, according to researchers from the University of Hertfordshire, who have presented their preliminary findings to MPs.

Ornella Corazza, who led the research, links the trend to the rise in the use of new psychoactive substances (NPS) and, with a ban on legal highs on the way, is warning that a profitable market may soon end up in the hands of organised crime.

Currently, with a legal market but lax regulation, many users are taking risks without realising. “The user does not consider himself a drug user as the trend is embedded in society,” Corazza said. “If you buy supplements or sexual enhancers, you think they’re good, you think they’re completely licit, but what we’re finding out is that it’s not always the case.”

Among early findings from the continuing research, passed on Monday to MPs considering the psychoactive substances bill, Corazza and her team found that 31% of gym-goers used products to lose weight, while 47% took them to reach fitness goals.

Results from questionnaires answered by 433 people, face to face in gyms or through an online survey targeted at fitness enthusiasts, showed that four-fifths claimed to care a lot about their physical appearance and almost half followed a diet. But many felt the pressure of such a lifestyle: more than a third said they often felt bothered by feeling down, depressed or hopeless during the past month.

The most commonly used products for weight loss were protein supplements (58%) and herbal products (34%), such as guarana, which contains high levels of caffeine, and ginseng. But to their alarm, the researchers also found an estimated 17% had used amphetamines, 17% had used thyroid hormones (WTF - is this actually referring to something that could also be used for the thyroid but is being massively exaggerated?) and 15% had tried diuretics.

An estimated 40% of those who used products purchased them online, and about 43% discovered them through online fitness forums or blogs. Many respondents said they saw the internet as a reliable source of information, Corazza said.

However, despite their online research, more than a quarter (28%) had experienced side-effects from their substance use, including skin problems, mood changes, headaches, diarrhoea, digestion problems, fast heart rate, irritability and sweating. (oh no, not sweating!)

“There is a concern there about the way they look, the way they perform,” Corazza said. “So they try to do something, they try to find a quick fix, by buying these products online. This is the picture that is coming out.

A change in legislation is essential, but at the same time we cannot neglect the need for more multidisciplinary studies to better understand the motivations behind this poorly understood phenomenon and respond to it in a more informed way.”(how right you are...)

Dr Andres Roman-Urrestarazu, from the London School of Economics, who has co-authored the evidence to MPs, said: “The [psychoactive substances] bill so far has not been clear about how it will introduce minimum safety measures and harm reduction to the users of NPS. This is crucial, since we do not know the side-effects and safety profiles of most of these drugs.

“More than prohibition, we require broader policy measures that will give us information in regards to the growing number of NPS and how they are marketed online, what are their side-effects and how safe they are for human use.

“Also important is to consider the issue of NPS from a broader European perspective since restrictions and regulating in one country might produce the relocation of the business to a third country inside the EU. This is important, considering the parallel export market for drugs.”

Feel good, everyone, we are today's moral panic (doubles his creatine dose, sweats and punches a mirror).

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I took a month off from lifting weights and except for losing all my gains, my back, shoulders and knees feel pretty loving great. I'm seriously thinking of just doing some body-weight workouts and stretches from now on, I'm obviously too uncoordinated to NOT wreck myself with weights.

:rip: my gains
:rip: post workout locker-room bukkake sessions

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Lunixnerd posted:

I took a month off from lifting weights and except for losing all my gains, my back, shoulders and knees feel pretty loving great. I'm seriously thinking of just doing some body-weight workouts and stretches from now on, I'm obviously too uncoordinated to NOT wreck myself with weights.

:rip: my gains
:rip: post workout locker-room bukkake sessions

Applicable:
http://www.theonion.com/article/new-study-finds-running-for-20-minutes-each-day-co-36584

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Pesmerga posted:

I use the forbidden meats, of amino acids. I'll be dead soon....

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pesmerga posted:

Feel good, everyone, we are today's moral panic (doubles his creatine dose, sweats and punches a mirror).

I'm using protein supplements for weight gain, bro.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
When gains are outlawed, only outlaws will make gains...

(srsly though what is with the squawking over protein supplements recently, ffs its a soy/egg/milk extract not cocaine)

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

lol if you think there's any differnece between drinking a whey protein shake and plugging anabolic steroids straight into your testiclés

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

On one hand... stop using protein powder. On the other hand...

:f5::f5::f5::f5::f5: http://smile.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Whey-Protein-Button/dp/B010RG4N7M/ :f5::f5::f5::f5::f5:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't know what is going on with this gym I joined

Last night there was this bro squatting 3 plates which is pretty okay

but then he's wearing a belt, knee wraps, and wrist wraps like he's doing 10 plates or something legit

and screaming like he's Goku on each rep

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

FogHelmut posted:

I don't know what is going on with this gym I joined

Last night there was this bro squatting 3 plates which is pretty okay

but then he's wearing a belt, knee wraps, and wrist wraps like he's doing 10 plates or something legit

and screaming like he's Goku on each rep

Did you get in the rack next to him and humiliate him?

If you do the same lift as someone at the same time but with more weight you get to kill them with your weights after you finish

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Did you get in the rack next to him and humiliate him?

If you do the same lift as someone at the same time but with more weight you get to kill them with your weights after you finish

I was deadlifting and trying not to poo poo my pants, which I think was holding me back. Should have gone for the full poo poo.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

FogHelmut posted:

I was deadlifting and trying not to poo poo my pants, which I think was holding me back. Should have gone for the full poo poo.

making GBS threads is ok at meets right? Do they put a bucket behind you or do you just dump directly onto the floor?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

FogHelmut posted:

Youre obviously suffering from severe protein side-effects, and should make sure there are no amino acids in your diet. Also, there is a risk you may also be on a form of diet too.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I know I will never really get to lift weights that make grown men weep so sometimes I hype myself and act like I'm lifting huge WR weights, making funny faces and stuff. It's fun.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lol if you don't have a 6 pack

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lol if you don't have a 6 pack

Lol if you don't weigh 200lbs

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Dum Cumpster posted:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Lol if you don't have some self control around food

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I control all of the food right into my mouth

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lol if you don't have some self control around food

Sorry but twinks don't anything for me. Monny though :swoon:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bulk to the Future

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Why not just weigh 200 while also having abs? Happy soup day

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

When in doubt, eat a pound of cottage cheese right from the tub. Eat it with your hands like a loving savage.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bulkamania running wild, brother

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Lol if you take any advice from this thread.

Also cottage cheese is good

Lately for breakfast I'll have half a cup of oats mixed with some peanut butter and jelly. Legit good stuff.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lol if you take any advice from this thread.

Also cottage cheese is good

Lately for breakfast I'll have half a cup of oats mixed with some peanut butter and jelly. Legit good stuff.

Can I take breakfast advice because that does sound good?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Yeah breakfast advice is fine. Just not working out advice.

It's a healthier pb & j. Or at least I tell myself it's healthier so whatever.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I only eat pure protein strains

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
SWOLEception2O15: It's breakfast advice all the way down

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zzulu posted:

I only eat pure protein strains

I butt chug only the purest of the pure protein strains.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
LOL if youre subhuman garbage that isn't ripped and 200+ huge year round

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The bro lifting next to me tonight smelled like pine trees. I appreciate that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread