Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nitrox posted:

It's not "from fighting Russians", it's simply applies to the faction that is less staffed. So everyone going Germany for easy warfunds can eat a pile of turds.

As of right now Germany is flat rate and sill has more players. But Allies and Soviets are nearly equal. Works as intended. See you in the war, comrades.

Edit: just refreshed and Soviet Union won the war. 19.2m spent by Soviet Union, 29.8m spent by Germany. There must be thousands of complain posts on official forums by now haha

I can see you really thought this through.

It's not like I can take my 30 command points and just go help Russia out. I've been playing Germany for ages, now I just drop all of that because reto added an unnecessary third faction hat is very obviously not going to have an equivalent population? They should have created different win conditions for Russia while underpopulated.

Simply making the faction with fewer generals worth less (and cheaper to deploy) is a poor game design decision. It is unsustainable to launch German ATs when they are pitted against foes that do not return enough WFs to sustain continued warmap play. The practical consequence is that I will stop messing with the war map. Like the queues, Reto does its best to discourage people from actually playing the game.

I'd feel the same if I played American.

Something something turds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That is the exact reason it's implemented, because people like you are the most numerous. You and people like you are breaking the game by stacking one side in the way than no other faction can match. I don't know why it's mostly prevalent to Germany, but I don't care. Don't loving deploy, problem solved. Or deploy and eat the loses.

You have other options, but they aren't as convenient, like playing another faction.\

Edit: kudos to reto for actually willing to poo poo on germany-only whales

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
If they actually were concerned they wouldn't keep all your characters and purchases locked to a specific faction.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Nitrox posted:

That is the exact reason it's implemented, because people like you are the most numerous. You and people like you are breaking the game by stacking one side in the way than no other faction can match. I don't know why it's mostly prevalent to Germany, but I don't care. Don't loving deploy, problem solved. Or deploy and eat the loses.

You have other options, but they aren't as convenient, like playing another faction.\

The whales can be appeased by fancy hats and whichever late-war SS camo they use for their underwear. They will stay because they have invested so much time and money anyways.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nitrox posted:

:roflolmao:

lmbo I'm breaking the game. A f2p macrotransaction grindfest. It's a masochist's wet dream.

These supposed game breakers are the most numerous because of the way reto designed the game. I have a handful of Russian characters as well as German, the grind is real. I could deploy a single russian AT but gently caress that. I'm sure the next cash grab mechanic is mere moments away.

So, German generals can:

1. Grind out a new faction.. until reto changes the rules again loving people over in brand new ways
2. Deploy, and lose WFs, which leads to inability to play the war map at all.
3. Stop playing

People who value their free time will likely stop playing. making GBS threads on germany-only whales might just put an end to this abortion of a game...

Do you think this will make it out of beta, haha.

In addition, I feel

:siren: [server down for maintenance] :siren:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Gerbil_Pen posted:

:roflolmao:

lmbo I'm breaking the game. A f2p macrotransaction grindfest. It's a masochist's wet dream.

These supposed game breakers are the most numerous because of the way reto designed the game. I have a handful of Russian characters as well as German, the grind is real. I could deploy a single russian AT but gently caress that. I'm sure the next cash grab mechanic is mere moments away.

So, German generals can:

1. Grind out a new faction.. until reto changes the rules again loving people over in brand new ways
2. Deploy, and lose WFs, which leads to inability to play the war map at all.
3. Stop playing

People who value their free time will likely stop playing. making GBS threads on germany-only whales might just put an end to this abortion of a game...

Do you think this will make it out of beta, haha.

In addition, I feel

:siren: [server down for maintenance] :siren:

I totally get you. What they need is a mechanic that allows you to use those 30 points and apply them to another faction. Even at a penalty, it would still be acknowledging the amount of effort you've invested.

RETO are smart guys who are just as invested in this game as we are. They don't want you to leave, you know that. And in my opinion, they're getting much better at keeping tings balanced. Too bad their time is obviously limited and they're looking for shortcuts instead of re-designing the entire system. I bought a Soviet lieutenant the day it was possible to do so with in-game currency. That was a good start.

Von Kleist
Jun 6, 2006
I've ground up a russian because it seemed that they need more people. Just started working on a german. I'm still really noobish, but would like to play with you guys, just haven't found anyone in mumble under a channel I understand as one used for this game. Please help, I'm playing alone too much.

Aspergeoisie
Jun 6, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I just joined, too, and even though it's a grindy moneysink, it's still very fun. Plan on leveling up my first German dude through Infantry. From what I've gathered you should generally play your ATs if you can but it's been really hard for me to have any games with good ping available to me (west coast US and usually play between 7 and midnight). Should I just not bother getting good ATs because I can't ensure they won't be wasted by randoms?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I stopped loggin on to mumble after weeks of isolation. We had 2-3 people online when the google docs got updates, but it's all quiet now.

Don't use OP for reference, it's horribly outdated. Don't use "AT" in any context other than "anti-tank". Don't use CTS mumble server, we got booted from there.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Just want to point out that Germany is sweeping across the war map once again, reduced war funds or not.

In sadder news, some currency changes were implemented, and now I get 15-40% less per match then i did before. loving hell

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
make a new thread if you want goons

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

make a new thread if you want goons

Maybe once it leaves beta :mmmsmug:

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Gah drat the queue times are horrible for a tanker in the war.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Ark posted:

Gah drat the queue times are horrible for a tanker in the war.

Queue as infantry. Smart generals don't send their tanks in until after the match begins and fills.... otherwise publords waste the armor when it's not needed.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Queue as infantry. Smart generals don't send their tanks in until after the match begins and fills.... otherwise publords waste the armor when it's not needed.
Took me a while to figure that out myself, even when sending my own planes in. Also, strategic air force can and will brutally dominate the battlefield if the pilots are good enough.

QED

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If you log in this weekend, you got a free veterans upgrade. Check your in game mailbox for the code.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
New build, new vehicles.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Time to cowboy up with the new revolver and recon tank. No more German recon armor domination, hells yeah

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I highly recommend fast reload gold with an mg42.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Personal record for longest game

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Holy poo poo, that's impressive. I can only imagine the amount of resources involved.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Personal record for longest game

did you spawn without tanks or where the Soviets on extra vodka ration?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
We were armor-free

captainhowdy
Jan 3, 2014

Now kindly undo these straps.
Ok just picked this up and dropped some cash to buy the K98. what do i have to upgrade to make it 1shot? ;-)

nm, done :P

captainhowdy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 16, 2015

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Nitrox I think you just got a taste of my mg42.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Nitrox I think you just got a taste of my mg42.
Maybe. Is it fully upgraded? Because I ran around for like 10 in with it :D

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nitrox posted:

Maybe. Is it fully upgraded? Because I ran around for like 10 in with it :D

haha it is but I joined late and was a pilot early on. I only noticed you at the very end.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Voucher-code:
XMASBOOST2015

The Voucher is valid until January 4th 2016 12.00 CET

The Voucher gives you the following 4 Ribbon Boosters:

Tactical Ribbon
Binoculars, the Battlefield Commander Combat Badge and the first handgun are on this Ribbon.

Chauffeur Ribbon
The Logistics Expert Combat Badge, The Iron Fist Combat Badge, and the APCs are on this Ribbon.

Handgun Assault Ribbon
The Pointer Quick Fire Combat Badge, and the second tier handgun are on this Ribbon.

SMG Assualt Ribbon
The Fast Reload Combat Badge, and the mid-tier and high-tier SMGs are on this Ribbon.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
New mobile AA guns for each faction in the next patch. It takes the APC slot, and is essentially an AA gun on a flatbed. Not sure how useful it will be vs air, but it has lots of potential for holding choke points.

Also, something about reworking hipfire mechanics and Squad 2.0, neither of which I know much about.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
AA guns do poo poo for damage against planes as it is, not sure how much that's gonna help break air dominance. Every time I tried using a stationary gun against planes they just turned around and bombed me anyways despite getting confirmed hits with XP. Or they just wandered off to repair and came back a minute later.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
There are many functional ways to take down planes, mobile AA guns will add very little to that pot. They will completely break some maps, because of how effective they are against infantry and light vehicles. Even light armor can take loads of damage from the German AA in a very short time frame. The real problem is that you can't easily pop the gunner on German and US guns, they are well hidden behind armor. So expect to see Germany dominate even more with these loving things. I bet their mobile AA platform won't even take damage from MGs/grenades, unlike Soviet truck

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
On the other hand, the Soviet truck can always be far cheaper compared to it's competition.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I can't think of a single FPS game where AA guns were primarily used to shoot planes instead of people, except missile ones that have to lock on of course.

E. Hell, even Company of Heroes had a AA gun that specifically said it was bad against infantry in the tool tip but then still wrecked them in the field.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
They went through many revisions with AA guns in order to keep them from pointing below horizon. I just don't understand why change this now. Of all the things they could be working on...

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
From what I can tell the US one looked best. More cover and ammo than the German gun. The German one is huge with only 20 rounds.

The Soviet gun had near infinite ammonbit it essentially completely exposed it was much smaller and faster.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
US AA is best against planes because you're essentially immune to HE rounds, not sure how it will translate to the truck mounted setup.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Patch is live. Automatic weapons def have a different feel, and throwing grenades seems to be affected by the new hip fire mechanics, and hang a bit to the left from the aiming line.

AA truck seems good, slow uphill on terrain (German), 2hk from a light tank.

With the SA rifle buff and terrain changes in the town map, it's a nice patch for wood fairies.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I love the map changes, but haven't noticed much difference with ppsh. Then again, I'm mostly flying. Haven't seen a single mobile AA yet, but doubt it will be a serious threat. Time will tell.

I'm more concerned about changes that don't get listed, like ptrd nerf a while back.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Us the code SEVEN for 3 days of premium, valid until Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Dear god... The Panther

Engine, cannon, machine gun, reloading...

The sounds, they all give me a chub.

• Locked thread