Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
Can centaurs even get stents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

blackmarketlimb posted:

Can centaurs even get stents?
They don't make stents for horses!
They don't make stents for horses!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Listening to some old stuff on youtube while working on some stuff, some old Bobo clips popped up, most notable the one where he called in during a suicide discussion to complain about not getting into FH Riley's.

Jimmy really loving hated that guy drat. Opie and Anthony ripped on him, but Jimmy was just legit angry at him it seems like.

Also the John and Jeff discussions were magical. WE'RE TWO GUYS

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Chris on Percs on Periscope is great.

https://www.periscope.tv/TheIBang/1ynKOQOnZmqJR

I've never personally known a chain smoker who literally smokes one cigarette after another. That has to be so expensive in the middle of NYC.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah somehow I'm really digging these periscopes. Maybe the candid nature of it is appealing. Also Chris Stanley has a pretty loving sweet gig

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I love Ron but holy poo poo is he old and grey :(

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

NarkyBark posted:

Sam's OK but his weakness is taking a topic and stretching it out waaaay too much. The filthy brothers aren't interesting, move on already!

I think my favorite show is Weird Medicine. Maybe it's because there's only so much of it so it stays fresh to me. I think Dr Steve is great on the radio.
I would love to hear a half dozen shows where Jimmy sits in only because he makes Steve laugh so much.

Strangely, I also find Erock very listenable, and I'm not even into a lot of the stuff they talk about, but at least there's enthusiasm there.

I think the show needs a regular strong 2nd mic. Sam can be pretty funny but he talks way too much and by the time the commercial rolls around I'm tired of hearing no one but him talking. Nicole is probably the best but even she can't get much in edgewise.

Edit: Who is Vic Henley and why the hell is he on the O&J show so much now?

Ochowie fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 28, 2015

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ochowie posted:

I think the show needs a regular strong 2nd mic. Sam can be pretty funny but he talks way too much and by the time the commercial rolls around I'm tired of hearing no one but him talking. Nicole is probably the best but even she can't get much in edgewise.

Edit: Who is Vic Henley and why the hell is he on the O&J show so much now?

They're never going to pay a second mic for Sam.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Gail Bennington is in studio for the Best Show tonight. Should be great.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Haha, that Pete Davidson/Fat Stangel tiff from Monday's show. It's kind of funny how Stangel kind of eluded to that it was Opie's idea for him to dress as Marty McFly.

Opie is a morning zoo guy to heart. He thinks he makes great radio behind the scenes while trying to come off as this chill, cool guy who's been doing radio since he was 18

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
nevermind

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Puka dude!! :peanut:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I sent a package into Bennington and it should arrive Monday. Let's see how long it takes Perky to get to it.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

JFC posted:

I sent a package into Bennington and it should arrive Monday. Let's see how long it takes Perky to get to it.

were you the one asking Pepper for his address on tonights 'scope?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
No I asked for it in this thread a few weeks ago. The one he replied to me with was cstanley83 at gmail which I guess is the one he uses most.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

jerkstoresup posted:

Chris on Percs on Periscope is great.

https://www.periscope.tv/TheIBang/1ynKOQOnZmqJR

I've never personally known a chain smoker who literally smokes one cigarette after another. That has to be so expensive in the middle of NYC.

he gets cartons of cigarettes what seems like weekly from gopackjoe.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
It amazes me how much less I enjoy Bennington when it's just a show full of (non-comedian) guests

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:banjo: I'm sorry I forgot your friends name. I'm sorry I forgot your greek yogurt. Pick it up yourself on the way home! :guitar:

I wanna go on vacation by myself. :clint:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So um the site that replaced the site where these kinda shows could be found is apparently not doing that anymore, if anyone knows the NEW site where Bennington and the other shows can be found, could you PM me?

(If there is one)

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

https://player.siriusxm.com/

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

O__O posted:

It amazes me how much less I enjoy Bennington when it's just a show full of (non-comedian) guests

I don't even enjoy the comedian guests (besides a few guys like Big Jay or Dan Soder). Maybe because I don't have much interest in stand up comedy, I just like listening to the crew dick around and bust balls.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AndrewP posted:

I don't even enjoy the comedian guests (besides a few guys like Big Jay or Dan Soder). Maybe because I don't have much interest in stand up comedy, I just like listening to the crew dick around and bust balls.

What about Joe List.To me he is the funniest guest, his delivery just kills me.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

zapplez posted:

What about Joe List.

He's on my list.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Peppy Ham's losing his mind on Periscope atm:

Way to go Mets!

bigman.50grand fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 2, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Pete Davidson has me somewhat interested in the show again. He pairs well with Jimmy.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Have there been any Pete & Jimmy Nopie shows?

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Omg the discussion about creationism was painful yesterday (on Bennington)

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

O__O posted:

Omg the discussion about creationism was painful yesterday (on Bennington)

what time mark was it around (if possible)

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

what time mark was it around (if possible)

I think about 50 mins which follows a 20 minute convo with Jefferey Gurian about if he pisses in a urinal or stall

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

shyduck posted:

Pete Davidson has me somewhat interested in the show again. He pairs well with Jimmy.

He's a breath of fresh air and undoubtedly the best thing about O&J these days. He and Jimmy have great chemistry and I think Jimmy ups his game a little bit when he's in studio.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
Once upon a time, Jimmy had to be comforted like a little boy by Matthew Broderick because he didn't get a picture AND an autograph from Alan Alda.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

CQ described Jimmy most accurately when he called him a "ludicrous goblin".

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005

ozza posted:

CQ described Jimmy most accurately when he called him a "ludicrous goblin".

I prefer "unfinished clone" myself.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

blackmarketlimb posted:

I prefer "unfinished clone" myself.

Same here. Not only because it's more accurate, but less Doc Savage.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=14285152340&story_fbid=10151281230882341

Jim is such a loving baby holy poo poo.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lmao old lady doesn't want to get your germs and die, how rude, Jim :allears:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
An old woman celebrity snubbed a weird looking fanboy who was trying to get a picture and touch her. The nerve!

Life has been good listening to the positive vibes of Bennington and The Bonfire, while giving up on TACS/O&J.

It's the pretty good prize! It's the pretty good prize! (Prize closet!):dance:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Don't forget, Jimmy will completely reverse position if it's a celebrity he genuinely worships. If it's De Niro or Gene Simmons or Ozzy and they refuse to take pictures, he suddenly is all "No, honestly, I understand. This is different." But anyone else, he might not even really know who they are, so long as he thinks they are even remotely famous, he becomes obsessed with getting a picture. It's pathetic. That view that certain people owe you simply by virtue of existing... I just don't get it. It's creepy. He literally defines his entire life based on being able to prove how many famous people he's met.

And I really do love Jimmy. But man... he really has absolutely no self-esteem whatsoever.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
To be fair, he did blast Gene Simmons when he blew him off at CES forever ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My favorite Jimmy meltdown was over Jeter. They all got invited to Jeter's charity dinner and Jimmy stood by the bathroom door like a creep asking players for pictures the entire night. I guess Jeter told him he'd get back to him later, presumably because he was busy being the host of a charity function. Jimmy saw Jeter talking to some women and had a meltdown on the air the next day over it.

• Locked thread