Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I hope the finishers from the first two games make a return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

I hope unarmed gets Skyrim finishers and more.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nasgate posted:

I hope unarmed gets Skyrim finishers and more.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

Actually there is. People release interesting and novel stories all of the time. Even stuff that fits into genre conventions can still be inventive. I'm willing to bet money that Bethesda's story does not fit that criteria.

nah, he was right but a story is in the telling

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SplitSoul posted:

There was literally no finishers in fallout 3/NV. Skyrim was the game that added op immunity giving finishing moves.

Example of a finisher in fallout 3, you run up to a guy with a power glove. You punch them, they explode into a fine meat spray.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tenzarin posted:

There was literally no finishers in fallout 3/NV. Skyrim was the game that added op immunity giving finishing moves.

Example of a finisher in fallout 3, you run up to a guy with a power glove. You punch them, they explode into a fine meat spray.

It's possible that he might be talking about the crit animations from fallout 1/2 where you blow a dudes torso away with one magnum round.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
There's two FO3 characters I hope return in this game. Dr. Li because we were explicitly told that's where she went, and Fawkes because he's goddamned awesome.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

frajaq posted:

Just imagine Bethesda hiring Hideo Kojima after he gets fired from Konami
that would be loving amazing. looking forward to the ghoul pin-up cutscenes

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yaos posted:

We get our first non-leak view of the loot system.

It's a UI menu that comes up when you hover over something with loot. There's three dots at the bottom, presumably showing you there are more items. There's also a transfer button that looks like it opens up the regular menu.

Neat, looks like low power/high power ammo is still a thing what with that .38 Special being there.

SplitSoul posted:

If the gore and dismemberment comes close to those in the SPECIAL videos that'd be pretty cool

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

He is referring to "the first two games". Not the 3rd and spin off.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Doodles posted:

There's two FO3 characters I hope return in this game. Dr. Li because we were explicitly told that's where she went, and Fawkes because he's goddamned awesome.

Fawkes won't be in it because there would be too much confusion.

"Where do I find Fawkes?"

"At the brothel."

"He wouldn't go there, he's impotent."

"Who wouldn't go there?"

"Fawkes, my friend!"

"Hey, there's no call for that, just tell me your friend's name."

"FAWKES!"

"Oh, fawk you too."

HATE FAWKES

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Neat, looks like low power/high power ammo is still a thing what with that .38 Special being there.

It just says .38 rounds, which could be just be their generic round that replaces .357, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

E: In fact I'm going to outright say that what it is, because I rewatched the modding video from e3 and the pipe gun used .38 as it's ammo type.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 27, 2015

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Nasgate posted:

He is referring to "the first two games". Not the 3rd and spin off.

Did you really just refer to New Vegas as "the spin off"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blue Raider posted:

Much like you, I'm sure that the telling will be extremely cliched and stupid.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

Much like you, I'm sure that the telling will be extremely cliched and stupid.

And we'll all play that poo poo to death

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Regardless of how much better it is, NV isn't a mainline game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Capn Beeb posted:

Hold on loosely to that thought don't get caught up in it

Nasgate posted:

I consider the series goes fo1, fo2, fot, fonv

the off series is fo3, bos

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Nasgate posted:

It just seems that other than the name there's nothing that really excludes from being in the main game line

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

That's what it is.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Hold on loosely to that thought don't get caught up in it

I consider the series goes fo1, fo2, fot, fonv

the off series is fo3, bos

This man is right. Also MY GIRLFRIEND got me a cool thing

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

It just seems that other than the name there's nothing that really excludes from being in the main game line

Fallout 3 kinda is a spin off also, it has nothing to do with fallout2. fo1-2 are the only games that have connecting plots.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
New Vegas is a direct sequel to FO2. After you destroy the Enclave's HQ and Navarro bases, the NCR has no check on it's power and conquers / absorbs the other minor factions, setting up it's eastward expansion into the Mojave & subsequent contact with the Legion.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Uhh pretty sure I killed everyone in Shady Sands in fallout 1 and NCR never happened, good to see my decisions didn't matter Interplay.....

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blue Raider posted:

Ummm, actually bro, I took ENG300 at Pigfuck County Community College, and let me tell you, there's nothing new under the sun. But, um, you know, the details and the specifics and the way that the story is presented that make it unique. And, um, like Bart said [puffs on a bubblepipe] the author is dead.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nevets posted:

New Vegas is a direct sequel to FO2. After you destroy the Enclave's HQ and Navarro bases, the NCR has no check on it's power and conquers / absorbs the other minor factions, setting up it's eastward expansion into the Mojave & subsequent contact with the Legion.

Man I missed the NCR, I'm glad foNV fixed everything FO3 hosed up. We most likely will never see them again.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Back Hack posted:

It just says .38 rounds, which could be just be their generic round that replaces .357, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

E: In fact I'm going to outright say that what it is, because I rewatched the modding video from e3 and the pipe gun used .38 as it's ammo type.

A gun chambered in .357 can use .38, though. But yeah this being Bethesda and all, I'd be surprised if they used much of New Vegas' features.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Idk given the expansion of the gun modding and the base building stuff I'd be somewhat surprised if the ammo was all generic stuff.

I wouldn't be TOO surprised granted, but still.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moridin920 posted:

Idk given the expansion of the gun modding and the base building stuff I'd be somewhat surprised if the ammo was all generic stuff.

I wouldn't be TOO surprised granted, but still.

I mean multiple ammo types would be pretty cool considering the ridiculous amount of customization. It would allow the player to change their tactics easier than going to a workbench to change the parts on your gun.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Let's all just be happy it didn't say Pistol Ammo (14).

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

boneration posted:

Let's all just be happy it didn't say Pistol Ammo (14).

They went the ME3 route of ammo.
Found Ammo(12)

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

frajaq posted:

Just imagine Bethesda hiring Hideo Kojima after he gets fired from Konami

The brotherhood of steel will force us at one point to infect the local supermutant populace with a genetic virus that will decimate the population.
Its called Fawkes Die

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Rrussom posted:

The brotherhood of steel will force us at one point to infect the local supermutant populace with a genetic virus that will decimate the population.
Its called Fawkes Die

:vince:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Fawkes will be completely naked because he neeeds the radiation on his bare skin for nutrition

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Baller Time posted:

Fawkes will be completely naked because he neeeds the radiation on his bare skin for nutrition

Nah, Super Mutants are carnivores, Fawkes is a Snake Eater himself.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Pretty sure Super Mutants eat anything but their diets are never really explained. And according to reports in both FO1 and 2 the mutations caused by FEV renders people sterile and the mutations themselves remove people's outward sexual characteristics. But maybe the east coast Super Mutants are all hung like horses or something.

Also, it looks like the first leak has made it's way out. People are so desperate for news that they're reporting on an image of the Xbone's control scheme. Seriously.

Buttons do poo poo, news at 11.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Psychotic Weasel posted:

People are so desperate for news that they're reporting on an image of the Xbone's control scheme. Seriously.

Buttons do poo poo, news at 11.

Talk about hype, if it fails to deliver I foresee reddit campaign to hate on Bethesda.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

FauxGateau posted:

I mean multiple ammo types would be pretty cool considering the ridiculous amount of customization. It would allow the player to change their tactics easier than going to a workbench to change the parts on your gun.

The best part about it is that it allowed lower tiered weapons to still be somewhat effective, even in the late stages of the game.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Back Hack posted:

The best part about it is that it allowed lower tiered weapons to still be somewhat effective, even in the late stages of the game.

Also exploding rounds and dragons breath rounds are awesome.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

It's also not made by the owners of the franchise.

Do you consider some star wars novels part of the main continuation just because they're better done than any crap Lucas writes?

Also, weekly reminder Fawkes was a lady before she became a Super Mutant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und

Nevets posted:

No, trust me, you have to push through those feelings. If you turn back now you'll regret having murdered all those pixel men for the rest of your short, gin soaked life. You have to own your murderous tendencies, accept who you are. Fighting the urges just means they are controlling you. Understand and accept those feelings and you regain control. And a man in control of himself feels no regret, no guilt, he does what needs to be done and sleeps soundly afterwards.

CODSWORTH: As I live and breathe... Mr Nietschze? Is that really you?

• Locked thread