Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I too would be a norman adventurer if I weren't fat and riddled with sad brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Nice birds

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

HOI4 is actually shaping up to be a real monster

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i didn't get in hoi3 but hell, i'll try this one

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

a dire warning from Johan in the form of a WW2 map game

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stairmaster posted:

HOI4 is actually shaping up to be a real monster

Next year is going to be great.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hope everybody remembered to sign up for the beta

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i didn't get in hoi3 but hell, i'll try this one

good choice.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Game looks so good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The only thing I didn't like is that only 7 countries have custom focus (USA,UK,Germany,Italy,France,Japan,USSR) while all the others have generic ones.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The only thing I didn't like is that only 7 countries have custom focus (USA,UK,Germany,Italy,France,Japan,USSR) while all the others have generic ones.

There will be mods

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Friendly Tumour posted:

There will be DLC

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
'why not both?'

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Paradox DLC rules.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

'why not both?'

Hmm true. I will play Italy on launch in any case.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Average Bear posted:

Paradox DLC rules.

Rajas of India and Charlemagne

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sounds like Eu4.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Raserys posted:

Rajas of India and Charlemagne

i hate that they let retards like groogy ruin ck2

a shameful edit

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 27, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Sounds like Eu4.

Even on Vanilla there were more than 7 nations with unique missions and ideas

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Most/all of the unique idea sets in EU4 were added in free patches, right? And now there's only a very small handful of nations still using the generics. I think HOI4 will probably do the same thing.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hoi4 national focuses are much more involved, though - whether germany sides with italy and japan as is historical or with the soviet union for example will completely change the way the game plays. i could see a case being made for focuses for certain large nations/groups of nations (eg china, yugoslavia, axis minors, commonwealth) being dlc packs rather than free patches.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BBJoey posted:

hoi4 national focuses are much more involved, though - whether germany sides with italy and japan as is historical or with the soviet union for example will completely change the way the game plays. i could see a case being made for focuses for certain large nations/groups of nations (eg china, yugoslavia, axis minors, commonwealth) being dlc packs rather than free patches.

I wanna do an Axis Brazil game

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Presidente Vargas maked a big mistake...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BBJoey posted:

(eg china, yugoslavia, axis minors, commonwealth)

Romania contributed almost as much infantry as the Reich :hitler:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

and they made cool lookin planes

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Huh, didn't know Romania was so Good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna make Hitler win.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
This theodoro game will e the death of me

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what's the theodoro strat

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Luck. I started off by allying georgia and trebizond, dowing crimea. Got them vassalized but candar supported their independence and later the ottos, so they weren't a good vassal. I placated the ottos and candar got eaten by them, so they were back to under 50 LD. I ate circassia and geogria, later dowed genoa (allied with hungary with palatinate emperor). After some real cheesy luck and getting hungary to peace out for cash, I got their crimean provinces.

Now I'm fighting QQ by attacking shivran who is allied to them. QQ is allied to the GH so I can't attack either by themselves. Anyway they have way more troops than I do but I have better tactics. I just lost a big mountain battle by getting your typical 3 zeros in a row rolls. So I might just ditch this game and relax with tuscany or something.

edit: loving ottos declared war on QQ out of nowhere lol time to steamroll

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 28, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i love getting 0s on shock vs 9 and losing like half of my army in one phase

really can ruin your whole strat

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I played an Austria game for once and man does it feel good to be the world power so early. You can get Hungary and Bohemia in a union by 1455, and I just got the palatinate by accident which sucks because now I'm controlling two electors. But once I integrate them, I become an elector.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wtf

Swedish publisher Paradox has purchased “White wolf and all properties” from EVE Online firm CCP – a final nail in the coffin of the latter’s troubled plans for a World Of Darkness MMO. This also means that Paradox now owns the rights to Vampire: The Masquerade.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
They're probably trying to acquire and establish new IPs, Paradox also publishes shitloads of games, including my favorite Mount and Blade. Hopefully this works out better than the "War of..." games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
yeah i know i just posted it here cuz everyone here knows paradox

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

wtf

Swedish publisher Paradox has purchased “White wolf and all properties” from EVE Online firm CCP – a final nail in the coffin of the latter’s troubled plans for a World Of Darkness MMO. This also means that Paradox now owns the rights to Vampire: The Masquerade.

Yeah I was excited because that means the possibility of a Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines made by Obsidian is likely

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Hmm..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i am extremely hot & bothered by this