Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nasgate posted:

Also, weekly reminder Fawkes was a lady before she became a Super Mutant.

No he wasn't. That was people misreading a thing. They 100% confirmed Fawkes was a guy before the change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think the reason fallout 4 is coming out on November 10th is entirely strategic due to the Barkley 2 release date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

holy poo poo. can it be? i thought they were just rumours and hearsay...

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Nasgate posted:

Incorrect.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Will there be more body models for human characters? Even children were just shrunken down adults.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

amuayse posted:

Will there be more body models for human characters? Even children were just shrunken down adults.

actually adults are just scaled up children.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

No he wasn't. That was people misreading a thing. They 100% confirmed Fawkes was a guy before the change.

So they got rid of something interesting and the only intelligent and independent woman in the game in one fell swoop?

I wish I was surprised.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Nasgate posted:

So they got rid of something interesting and the only intelligent and independent woman in the game in one fell swoop?

I wish I was surprised.

This would matter if Fallout 3 had any actual characters beyond Adjective Job Guy.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Nasgate posted:

So they got rid of something interesting and the only intelligent and independent woman in the game

other than the protagonist?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Spaceman Future! posted:

intelligent and independent

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

intelligent and independent

ok so other than my and not his protagonist?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The female protagonist's dialogue is actually just repeated quotes of Malibu Stacey from that one Simpsons episode.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Spaceman Future! posted:

The protagonist doesn't really count as gendered due to the nature of character gen.

Fawkes was cool because in a sea of useless questgivers, he and Mr. Crowley act independently of the player.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

The female protagonist's dialogue is actually just repeated quotes of Malibu Stacey from that one Simpsons episode.

dont ask me, im just a fisto, tee hee hee

Nasgate posted:

The protagonist doesn't really count as gendered due to the nature of character gen.

sure she does, also for reasons.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Pwnstar posted:

Can I play as a whiny, valley girl airhead? Or is that the same as trying to do a low INT run?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
So does this mean short perk-related videos every day until release? :unsmigghh:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Pwnstar posted:

This would matter if Fallout 3 had any actual characters beyond Adjective Job Guy.

Virtual reality girl child guy?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Nasgate posted:

I wish I was surprised.

:goonsay:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

amuayse posted:

no

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You will have to mod in your weirdly proportioned human models.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Peztopiary posted:

It's going to be 3 with even more maudlin story.

They were literally talking this up as a selling point at E3.

Doodles posted:

There's two FO3 characters I hope return in this game. Dr. Li because we were explicitly told that's where she went, and Fawkes because he's goddamned awesome.

I'm waiting with bated breath for the return of... *struggles to remember the name of the extremely unmemorable character* uh, Doctor Lee!

Nasgate posted:

It's also not made by the owners of the franchise.

Do you consider some star wars novels part of the main continuation just because they're better done than any crap Lucas writes?

KOTOR2 is the only Star Wars story I consider to be canon.

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 28, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Can I play as a whiny, valley girl airhead? Or is that the same as trying to do a low INT run?

I'd want a valley girl airhead mod, or maybe one where someone who speaks English as a second language is just reacting to stuff.

*player selects "Hates Newspapers"

"Too many words, no like!" bellows John Fallout.

Vikar Jerome posted:

holy poo poo. can it be? i thought they were just rumours and hearsay...

They might push it back for a simultaneous release of the Al Bhed language version.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's funny how they made a rookie writing mistake (no one gives a gently caress if a character you only know for a short time dies, such as James in Fallout 3) and it seems like they're going to do it again with the missing spouse and child, but they swear that this time people will care if something happens to them because the protagonist can get emotional.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

It's funny how they made a rookie writing mistake (no one gives a gently caress if a character you only know for a short time dies, such as James in Fallout 3) and it seems like they're going to do it again with the missing spouse and child, but they swear that this time people will care if something happens to them because the protagonist can get emotional.

They might do something interesting like making your kid the former/current leader of the big bads. Someone called that already too though, I'm sure. Better than some arbitrary "Woo! Found you, poo poo you're dead and no one cares" moment that Fallout 3 lead up to.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
It'll also be funny if they actually keep the player fully in control of the emotions they may or may not feel during any reunion so John Fallout can just quickly get over their dead kid while the camera still won't pan away from it because its programming to stay for the "CORRECT" reading of the VO balling their eyes out for a few minutes.

Or if you just let John Fallout cry at everything.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Crabtree posted:

It'll also be funny if they actually keep the player fully in control of the emotions they may or may not feel during any reunion so John Fallout can just quickly get over their dead kid while the camera still won't pan away from it because its programming to stay for the "CORRECT" reading of the VO balling their eyes out for a few minutes.

Take advantage of the fact that you can walk away from a conversation without finishing it and just leave the room while he's about to croak.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Crabtree posted:

I'm so excited to see how Bethesda will handle/write companion romance, for good or ill

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

frajaq posted:

I'm so excited to see how Bethesda will handle/write companion romance, for good or ill

HATE LOVE

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Meridian posted:

HATE LOVE

Unfortunately for you, the news paper woman is the default romance and is forced on you even if you just scream HATE NEWSPAPER at the top of your lungs. She won't care if you build up a harem in the post apocalyptic hellhole, she'll still try to write stories about you wherever you go like a stalker.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

frajaq posted:

*Is wearing RING OF AVAILABILITY*

Oh hey, I noticed your ring. Wanna marry then sex?

A. Yes
B. No
X. I'm Gay
Y. Hate Sex

A and Y lead to the same outcome of marriage then fade to black or awkward mannequin sex. B puts them down but they repeat what they said if you talk to them again. X they grow a boner, regardless of gender.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Meridian posted:

HATE LOVE

I want this tattoo'd to my hands:

Dollar bill pattern and all.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Crabtree posted:

Unfortunately for you, the news paper woman is the default romance and is forced on you even if you just scream HATE NEWSPAPER at the top of your lungs. She won't care if you build up a harem in the post apocalyptic hellhole, she'll still try to write stories about you wherever you go like a stalker.

In fact, she's probably into your resistance to the written word.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SunAndSpring posted:

I laughed when the villain in Fable 2 talked about how he killed all 20 of my wives (I replaced the population of bowerstone with my families) but I got pissed when he shot my dog. Also I found my dad in FO3 almost immediately because I went exploring in a random direction.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Crabtree posted:

Joke's on you that's exactly my fetish

frajaq fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 28, 2015

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Crabtree posted:

You will have to mod in your weirdly proportioned human models.

I just think it's really strange that teenagers, middle aged, and the elderly in Fallout all have the same body type. A Freeside thug is just as ripped as a Ranger, and Daisy Whitman looks just as young as Veronica save the face.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

amuayse posted:

I just think it's really strange that teenagers, middle aged, and the elderly in Fallout all have the same body type. A Freeside thug is just as ripped as a Ranger, and Daisy Whitman looks just as young as Veronica save the face.

I'm not saying you're wrong in thinking this, just that Bethesda's likely too lazy to do anything too different with human models besides Androids.

frajaq posted:

"Mam, please. I'm still trying to get over the fact that my wife and everything I had back then has been dead for over a century"

LOCAL STUD NEEDS TO GET BUSY AND REPOPULATE THE WASTES.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Crabtree posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong in thinking this, just that Bethesda's likely too lazy to do anything too different with human models besides Androids.

"Mam, please. I'm still trying to get over the fact that my wife and everything I had back then has been dead for over a century"

LOCAL STUD NEEDS TO GET BUSY AND REPOPULATE THE WASTES.

Yeah, I'm definitely feeling better about the default Piper romance.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

amuayse posted:

Yeah, it's one of the major flaws of all of their engines across hardware generations. I guess it has a lot to do with reducing labor on gear modeling. Strangely, lots of other games manage to incorporate varying body types without a problem.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

Yeah, it's one of the major flaws of all of their engines across hardware generations. I guess it has a lot to do with reducing labor on gear modeling. Strangely, lots of other games manage to incorporate varying body types without a problem.

Witcher 3 went as far as making a nude model for hot tub granny tits.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I never do unarmed or melee runs but I'm seriously rethinking my strategy.

I basically wanna go all over the wasteland and turn everybody into a fine mist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

frajaq posted:

She looks like she's cosplaying as Vash The Stampede.

Vash the... Campede?

• Locked thread