Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fried Chicken posted:

I'm not going to bother reading the 950 posts that I assume are all gunchat and warcrimechat, but I do want to pop in and make you all aware that Graham has gone"gently caress it" mode, is now doing shots with reporters and answering honestly the kinds of questions politicians don't answer.

For example, he is playing FMK Hillary, Palin, Fiorina.

He picked gently caress Palin ("we'd go hunting") marry Carly ("she's rich, isn't she? Hillary says she's dead broke"), kill Hillary.

He is now bitching about the undercard debate and toasting Donald Trump while doing shots

Quoting for next page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

...Grandma?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Can I do shots with Lindsey Graham during the debate tomorrow?

Milk Malk posted:

...Grandma?

I do declare!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
This is in Boulder apparently (Dave Weigel described it as "ripped on whiskey a mile above sea level")

Other quotes:

" I think marijuana is, in many ways, a gateway drug. Count me in for medical marijuana. Never smoked pot, don't know what that makes me.." asked if he had been around it "Well yeah, this is America."

How is Graham going to win this race? "It's a secret. It's a secret to us, too."

" McCain wants to go into any country where a shot is fired."

"Trump ought to call the Chinese to build our wall"

He took up discussing today's The Onion article on Hillary, says "Hillary Clinton was pretty fun" Asked to explain how Hillary is fun, Graham says, "Not on national television."

"I'd be a good king. I'd be benevolent with a random streak of cruelty to keep everybody on their toes"

"we're at two percent. I think we're peaking too soon. We're going to have to cut back on our spending"

Lindsey Graham aspires to play pool with George Washington.

"the key to being a good pool player is to convince people you're not a good pool player"

"I think Bernie can hold his liquor. Instead I'd get Schumer liqoured up, and get him to cut taxes." (Graham was 3+ shots in at this point)

"Subtlety is a lost art"

Graham says he still has never used email. Says the first person he would email is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, to say "we're coming after you", advises "Don't do it. Don't take my word, take Hillary's."

Boehner is "the happiest man in America"

"In my presidency, no one gets left behind" he said as he went behind the bar and started pouring beers for people. Results?

Graham is definitely feeling the shots. Giddy, cracking jokes on stage. "I don't drink very well, as you can tell from the bar."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It must be great that at every party you ever went to in your life, you never had to learn how to pour a beer. I like his attitude adjustment wrt Trump.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Oh, and his immediate response to being asked FMK was "I didn't know we were doing the Mormon thing here", then answering

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nonsense posted:

It must be great that at every party you ever went to in your life, you never had to learn how to pour a beer.

I dunno. Maybe they just tapped a new keg and there was a bunch of foam left in the hose. :v:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

BTW, I suggest USPOL November: Ripped on Whiskey a mile above sea level for next month

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
How much money do I have to donate to Lindsey Graham before I can get drunk with him

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Drunk Lindsey Graham has my vote :patriot:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Lindsey Graham's new campaign plank tomorrow: I will be plastered every waking moment of my presidency.

He shoots up to 4th place.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I really really want to get drunk with Lindsey Graham

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Lindsey Graham's new campaign plank tomorrow: I will be plastered every waking moment of my presidency.

He shoots up to 4th place.

Why not. Would do less damage than a sober Trump presidency.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

This guy gets it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

So the Yeltsin Gambit.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
He's clearly shooting for Head of ATF. First there was the literal firing range, then the drinking. If you next see him trying out cigars, he's got all aspects of the job covered (and no accident he mentioned marijuana, although of course this is in CO).

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Fried Chicken posted:

Oh and Rand Paul has said he will filibuster the debt ceiling bill. So that will be fun at the debate tomorrow

Maddow just pointed out that under the rules, he can only speak about it for 1 hour.

:lol:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Maddow just pointed out that under the rules, he can only speak about it for 1 hour.

:lol:

He has to be at the debate in Boulder anyways, so it was clearly just a stunt to give him something to talk about at it

Though can you imagine if he skipped it to be doing his filibuster? Trump opened the last one telling him he shouldn't be there, he could open this one ripping from that

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Does Graham participate in a pre-debate tomorrow? If so... awesome.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

15 years of bullshit about voting for the guy you'd like to have a beer with, and it turns out Lindsey is really it. But liquor, not beer!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The only candidate you really can have a beer with!

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

I have a secret for you: most of those people were never ever going to vote in the first place.

poo poo, most of them won't even bother to vote for Bernie in their state.

Voters not turning out to vote is the most pressing problem we can feasibly solve on our own. Sadly, most people don't make the extra effort our inconvenient, gerrymandered system requires us to.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va71a7pLvy8

A chilling peak into the Graham presidency.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Voters not turning out to vote is the most pressing problem we can feasibly solve on our own. Sadly, most people don't make the extra effort our inconvenient, gerrymandered system requires us to.

You can't solve apathy, and regardless we're pretty close to all time voting percentage highs, if you don't give earlier elections the right to count out of just "well off white men over 21", which is how the 19th century often got "90% turnout".

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

As a guy who has lived the majority of his life in South Carolina, I can honestly tell you Lindsey Graham is a sunovabitch. I can also tell you, he'd be a million times better than Carson or Trump.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

duz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va71a7pLvy8

A chilling peak into the Graham presidency.

I now have a great idea for April 1st.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Von Sloneker posted:

Yeah where is Lindsey After Dark happening because I see people tweeting about it but have no idea.

Also the girl who filmed the classroom assault was on Chris Hayes earlier and said even before this, the students all referred to the cop as "Officer Slam." Rumors of body slamming pregnant women, etc.

edit: I guess it's happening wherever that pic was taken, heh

To be fair, Officer Slam would be a baller alias as a pro wrestler.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CommieGIR posted:

Ahahahahahahahha. How prophetic.

Can't wait for his supervisor to explain why they arrested the girl for filming it.

Obviously she refused to turn over the video evidence so she had to be arrested for being a dirty snitch resisting arrest.

Fried Chicken posted:

He has to be at the debate in Boulder anyways, so it was clearly just a stunt to give him something to talk about at it

Though can you imagine if he skipped it to be doing his filibuster? Trump opened the last one telling him he shouldn't be there, he could open this one ripping from that

Rand is hosed if Trump decides to go after him for comment. IE: "Why's Rand Paul here? I thought you said you'd be filibustering a spending bill. You have a better shot at success on that stage than this one."

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

You can't solve apathy, and regardless we're pretty close to all time voting percentage highs, if you don't give earlier elections the right to count out of just "well off white men over 21", which is how the 19th century often got "90% turnout".

Yeah, fair enough, but nowadays even white males have low turnout averages. Nowhere near 90%, not even close.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lindsay Graham is turning into the guy from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Graham's normal drink order is a Riesling (seriously) so doing shots at high altitude seems like a really bad idea for him.

Hilarious, but the problem is that he'll be hungover and grumpy at tomorrow's debate and less entertaining. :(

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

If I knew where he was in Boulder, I totally would've done just this.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Yeah, fair enough, but nowadays even white males have low turnout averages. Nowhere near 90%, not even close.

I believe you'll find most people don't own all that much land these days.

For example: the 1876 election set the record at 81.8% turnout. However only 8,418,659 people voted in a country that had at least 38,555,983 back in 1870 (incidentally many people think the 1870 census results inaccurately skewed a lot lower than they should have). That's 21.8%,probably less of the population that voted.

Now, 2008 saw a 57% turnout, but that represented 43% of Americans.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Maybe if Graham was drunk his entire career as Senator he would've been better.

At least more tolerable.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Joementum posted:

Graham's normal drink order is a Riesling (seriously) so doing shots at high altitude seems like a really bad idea for him.

Hilarious, but the problem is that he'll be hungover and grumpy at tomorrow's debate and less entertaining. :(

Not if he goes hair of the dog

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not if he goes hair of the dog

I mean, he might as well. This is the most positive traction he's had his entire run.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, he might as well. This is the most positive traction he's had his entire run.

Like Popeye and spinach.

Except with booze.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Rand is hosed if Trump decides to go after him for comment. IE: "Why's Rand Paul here? I thought you said you'd be filibustering a spending bill. You have a better shot at success on that stage than this one."

Pretty sure at this point Rand isn't worth the proverbial bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

If Bernie endorses Hillary assuming she wins, I imagine a huge percentage of those will come back around.

Plus when the general comes around and the focus becomes on the difference between what a Democratic vs Republican presidency would look like, I think the stark contrast, and the fear the latter is going to stir, will cause a lot of them to come around.

Pretty much. Bernie will get a good speaking place at the convention and will probably stump for Hillary on things like $15 min wage and other planks of the Democratic platform that he's been pushing. Did he formally join the party in order to participate in the Democratic party? Can't remember.

• Locked thread