Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fwuh
Jun 22, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

I'm hoping they're intentionally bad as an homage to bad acting in B horror movies since everyone else is putting in an at least decent (Grace/Pete) to great (CHAD RADWELL) performance.

The twins went viral on YouTube for a coming out video. Then they had a meeting with Ryan and just...wound up with super minor roles. I had to look this up a while ago because their acting was distractingly bad.

ShakeZula posted:

The Red Devil knew that he wouldn't get too far in his list unless he threw master investigator Denise Hemphill off her game, so he had to kill her friend.

This made me laugh WAY too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

fwuh posted:

The twins went viral on YouTube for a coming out video. Then they had a meeting with Ryan and just...wound up with super minor roles. I had to look this up a while ago because their acting was distractingly bad.

This made me laugh WAY too hard.

I suspect Murphy got more out of that meeting.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

fwuh posted:

Huh. I thought that the whole joke was that the entire Golf frat (except for Chad) was secretly gay. I know they had a three-way with Chanel 5(?), but everyone in the frat is certainly coming off as being very much on the edge of going full on gay at any second...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Ok, then what’s the difference between “gay,” “sort of gay,” “full-blown gay,” “bisexual,” and “bicurious?”

Asking because this IS a Ryan Murphy show.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

No, not armless guy!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I must be getting old because hearing a group of girls get called "a pack of slits" during network primetime was genuinely shocking to me.

Great episode, none of the people I wanted to die did (except maybe the other twin).

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Chad getting more lines and no Pete to ruin things by being there? Great episode.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
I'm kind of bummed about predatory lez, I liked her. I'm also pleasantly surprised how much depth she and candle blogger are getting considering that when they were brought on it was obviously as red shirts. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Candle Blogger be a red devil or in a M Night style twist the Final Girl. I also giggle relentlessly when she does stuff in the background like eating a taper candle like an ice cream cone.

Finally, that scene of the armless Dickey Dollar getting stuck on the sign made me laugh much harder than it had any right to.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Lea Michele must have asked her former Glee castmates how they garnered viewer attention while sitting behind her in the choir room, completely mute, because her faces during the vagina teeth scene were great.

Chad owns. Candle Vlogger is great. Little Miss Sunshine is a terrible actor.

The Red Devil that Predatory Lez saw must be someone she is familiar with if she so readily offered to help them.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

criscodisco posted:

I must be getting old because hearing a group of girls get called "a pack of slits" during network primetime was genuinely shocking to me.

Great episode, none of the people I wanted to die did (except maybe the other twin).

That made my ears perk as well when watching. Also, were they going for a record for most euphemisms for female masturbation? :shlick:

I was bummed by predatory lesbians demise, and fear for candle vlogger. If the murder train stalls for the kappas that'd suck, but the stinger could suggest the train continues to pick up speed.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I predict another Dickie Dollars Scholar death. They have characters in the background that don't matter.

Anyone notice the Dean said everyone killed was associated with KKT? But Coney is the outlier.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

I predict another Dickie Dollars Scholar death. They have characters in the background that don't matter.

Anyone notice the Dean said everyone killed was associated with KKT? But Coney is the outlier.

Noticed that and I am sad that there are only a couple of more episodes left. :( My only other issue with the past two episodes was Chanel #3 claiming her dad is Manson. He did have a kid but it was a boy not a girl.

At least we finally found out what the deal is with the ear muffs.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Because of those earmuffs, I nicknamed her "Carrie Fisher junior". Two weeks later, I found out that Billie Lourd actually is Carrie Fisher junior.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Active666 posted:

Noticed that and I am sad that there are only a couple of more episodes left. :( My only other issue with the past two episodes was Chanel #3 claiming her dad is Manson. He did have a kid but it was a boy not a girl.

At least we finally found out what the deal is with the ear muffs.

Wikipedia says 15 eps were ordered. How many eps are we getting?

And a little sad that we learned what the deal was with the ear muffs. But its reason is appropriately ridiculous. Ear muffs is an amazing character.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Shageletic posted:

And a little sad that we learned what the deal was with the ear muffs. But its reason is appropriately ridiculous. Ear muffs is an amazing character.

Ah, I'm probably wrong then I was going off my Sickbeard list which only shows 8 episodes this season.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Active666 posted:

Ah, I'm probably wrong then I was going off my Sickbeard list which only shows 8 episodes this season.

I think we're already past 7. Which means seven more dead people to go....last person to go is the cameraman.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Patchwork Shaman posted:

Because of those earmuffs, I nicknamed her "Carrie Fisher junior". Two weeks later, I found out that Billie Lourd actually is Carrie Fisher junior.

The earmuffs are honestly my favorite part of the show. And I love the show. And now that I know why THAT actress is wearing weird earmuffs...I love them even more.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Shageletic posted:

I think we're already past 7. Which means seven more dead people to go....last person to go is the cameraman.

Nah last nights was episode 6 "Seven Minutes in Hell"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Oh cool, more eps to enjoy then.

EDIT: I don't know how they're gonna do the one cast member iced an episode then (not to mention that 3! were done for in the last one, almost one every 15 minutes)

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Shageletic posted:

(not to mention that 3! were done for in the last one, almost one every 15 minutes)

To be fair, wasn't last night's the Halloween episode?

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

criscodisco posted:

To be fair, wasn't last night's the Halloween episode?

It was the last of the three Halloween episodes they were doing.

I totally missed Hester playing with Channels hair.

Active666 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 21, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Niecy Nash dishes 15 Set Secrets You Never Knew About The Cast Of “Scream Queens”

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

I think her fact about Glen is the best.

THIS GUY! Oh. My. Gosh. HIL-ARIOUS. I wish we had a lot more scenes together in Scream Queens because he’s amazing and he’s funny. This is the guy who I love to improv with the most. We actually had a sex scene together that never made it into the show. Hmmm… I know y’all wanna see. You just NASTY.

With this being a close second.

Niecy: I’m the one who is most likely to improv AND when I’m in a scene with Miss Jamie Lee Curtis, she takes a pin and squeezes it between her two fingers to prick herself so she won’t ruin the take with laughter. What can I say? So when you see her out and about and she’s got bruises on her fingertips, that’s ALL ME.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Shageletic posted:

It's 13. Someone who works on the show posts on Neogaf and he was surprised everybody seems to think it's still 15. Apparently the original order was 15, but then it was cut to 13 really early on, way before they started shooting.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Norwegian Rudo posted:

It's 13. Someone who works on the show posts on Neogaf and he was surprised everybody seems to think it's still 15. Apparently the original order was 15, but then it was cut to 13 really early on, way before they started shooting.

Fantastic! I really don't want the show to wear out its welcome. A tight 13 sounds ideal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

A tight 13 sounds ideal.

Well hello again, Aatrek.

Latest episode was just amazing. Did not expect Chanel to sort of, kind of, become sympathetic. The whole thing with Predatory Lez and Earmuff was great. Chad continues to be hilarious.

How is Ryan Murphy gonna screw this one up?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He shouldn't. The first 13 episodes of his shows are usually quite good.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Emma Roberts' Chanel was p good this episode, but ultimately i enjoyed how every single character is a complete moron and the actors totally ham it up (except Breslin who somehow keeps getting worse)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Emma Roberts' Chanel was p good this episode, but ultimately i enjoyed how every single character is a complete moron and the actors totally ham it up (except Breslin who somehow keeps getting worse)

Her facial expressions, especially in the one on one scenes between her snd Chad, were loving glorious this week. Literally dead on my couch glorious.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

I don't know what has happened to Breslin. She's always been such a good actress. It's like the awkwardness of going through puberty has made her too self conscious to act well anymore.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Stabitha posted:

I don't know what has happened to Breslin. She's always been such a good actress. It's like the awkwardness of going through puberty has made her too self conscious to act well anymore.

The sad fate of many a child actor.

I haven't seen any other recent projects of hers. Maybe it's just the role?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

precision posted:

Well hello again, Aatrek.

Yup, walked into that one....

Speaking of facial expressions and Chanel, was AMAZED by what she was doing in regards to Earmuffs and Predatory. Hysterical.

Also liked how they amped up the meta-ness, while also limiting the self-awareness to the ineffectual (candle lady) and the batshit insane (earmuffs, shrugging while literally explaining about how only the extraneous characters got killed, so might as well dance it up).

Its weird that this show is so....happy go lucky? Didn't think that positivity would be involved with a slasher property.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"If Jackie Chan were a DJ" is my new DJ name

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

esperterra posted:

The sad fate of many a child actor.

I haven't seen any other recent projects of hers. Maybe it's just the role?

final girl is the worst movie ive seen all year and shes horrible in it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

scary ghost dog posted:

RIP Abigail Breastlin.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

Is it? I heard it was pretty good - guess I can scratch it off my list then.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
It's hosed up that there is no new episode today.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Is it? I heard it was pretty good - guess I can scratch it off my list then.

Final Girls is apparently the good (or insufferable) movie. Final Girl is bad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mezzanon posted:

It's hosed up that there is no new episode today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Final Girls is apparently the good (or insufferable) movie. Final Girl is bad.

Oh, ok - I didn't realize there were two movies with almost the same name.

• Locked thread