Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykA2fjDCsKA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Sweden is so bad 48 hours in and they still haven't gotten those refugees in the woods off the bus

Heres an article in a google translatable language http://www.dagbladet.no/2015/10/27/nyheter/uteriks/politikk/asylsokere/flyktninger/41699827/

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
no way are those people refugees. GBS wisdom is these so called "refugees" are all strapping young lads come to do the jihad on me, and I see women and children both in that clip

plus no burkas. nice try idiot!!!

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 27, 2015

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

You know the song is badass. It disarms mines.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A4kkij%C3%A4rven_polkka

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 27, 2015

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

rear end cobra posted:

Sweden is so bad 48 hours in and they still haven't gotten those refugees in the woods off the bus

Heres an article in a google translatable language http://www.dagbladet.no/2015/10/27/nyheter/uteriks/politikk/asylsokere/flyktninger/41699827/

Jesus that is stupid. I have spent a year near that town. It's far from a metropol and closest grocery store was 30min walk but come on

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

von Braun posted:

Jesus that is stupid. I have spent a year near that town. It's far from a metropol and closest grocery store was 30min walk but come on

lol it's such a bad shithole that not even isis fleeing war refugees want to live there

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you made me pick between syria and dalarna i'd have to think about it for a while

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

yeah, i posted the video 100 % unironically. it's easy to make fun of finland, but they do have some good polkas

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I heard something like 1/3 of Finnish cars are run on wood gasifiers. Can any Finns confirm or deny this?

If you don't know, they're a device for running engines on wood chips.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

rock rock posted:

I heard something like 1/3 of Finnish cars are run on wood gasifiers. Can any Finns confirm or deny this?

Deny. I've never seen one or heard of anyone having one.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
our prime minister has an el camino that runs on wood chips

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

wwod chips can be used for making methanol, so i doubt any finns will waste them on transportation

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Sweden should tell them to stop texting and burying their face in faceless technology and get outdoors for once

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

von Braun posted:

I sure hope they were not expecting to be placed in stockholm where there's not even enough housing for the people already living there

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

rock rock posted:

What is a car?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

He's not only the prime minister, he's also one drat rich dude. That's why he can afford a 40-year old car that runs on wood chips while the rest of us have small wagons pulled by bog horses.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ahundredbux posted:

I sure hope they were not expecting to be placed in stockholm where there's not even enough housing for the people already living there

I think the plan is to kick some of then out to make room

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Anecdotally, I understand Norrbotten has been having a hell of a time getting immigrants up there. Many are literally refusing because "it's too cold. "

Never mind that they probably will have a better chance at integrating and finding gainful employment in a smaller town (which usually need workers).

Today, and only today, let us look upon Närpes and be impressed by their accomplishments.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Hob_Gadling posted:

What is a car?

Decadent western technology designed to americanize the the proud and free finns.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Hob_Gadling posted:

What is a car?

Capitalist bike

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Naxuz posted:

He's not only the prime minister, he's also one drat rich dude. That's why he can afford a 40-year old car that runs on wood chips while the rest of us have small wagons pulled by bog horses.

i drunkenly pull my drunk bog horse around in his cart

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
swamp soccer, an ancient finnish past time

the swamp is in their blood

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

That is really loving cool what a cool dude + car

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLh4_AQMfBg

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
A Finn emerges from bog, he is bearing Nokia and Angry Birds. One the hope of yesterday, the other the fever dream of optimism quickly turning to depression.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I'm serious, what is the fruit and vegetable situation there? Bogs are beautiful, but are they nutritious...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Free Market Mambo posted:

Anecdotally, I understand Norrbotten has been having a hell of a time getting immigrants up there. Many are literally refusing because "it's too cold. "

Never mind that they probably will have a better chance at integrating and finding gainful employment in a smaller town (which usually need workers).

Today, and only today, let us look upon Närpes and be impressed by their accomplishments.

It's all do to the Swedes probably being their usual passive beta selves so the immigrants think they can demand where to live and what sort of accommodations they get.

Swedes should give us 4-5 star hotel that's not near any forests!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Captain Yossarian posted:

That is really loving cool what a cool dude + car

the guy is the opposite of cool

he's our current prime minister and his conservative government is focused on loving the poors in the arse

he's a fundie and a member in a sect that has had its share of pedos. and because he's the leader of the agrarian party he probably fucks animals too

he'd probably have lots to talk about with cameron

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

the guy is the opposite of cool

he's our current prime minister and his conservative government is focused on loving the poors in the arse

he's a fundie and a member in a sect that has had its share of pedos. and because he's the leader of the agrarian party he probably fucks animals too

he'd probably have lots to talk about with cameron

for Finn initiation you have to stick your dick in a decapitated swede head

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

I.C. posted:

I'm serious, what is the fruit and vegetable situation there? Bogs are beautiful, but are they nutritious...

The domestic fruits are nutritious and filling, also good for making moonshine

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Finns are too depressed to make good vokda

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Herman Merman posted:

The domestic fruits are nutritious and filling, also good for making moonshine

Finland is terrifying.

:love:

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

the bogroot

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Santa Claus is a goat.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
are the refugees still in the bus?

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
Fins don't know about squirrels.

You could shock a fin to death or coma by showing them a squirrel.

True facts.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

what you tolkien about, we have more squirrels than there are atoms in the universe

e: i'm breathing squirrels right now

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.

Double Bill posted:

what you tolkien about, we have more squirrels than there are atoms in the universe

Was I trolled irl by my fellow traveler in Thailand? He pretty well convinced me that he had not seen a red squirrel before.

• Locked thread