Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Liberatore posted:

Main issue I can see making it work in PvE is the reliance on Torment, but the Mace 2 makes up for it somewhat.

Towards the end of the beta the designer of the class mentioned adding a torment buff to stationary targets in PvE to one of the traits. That would go a long way towards making condi better in PvE.

As it is now I love slamming the third utility skill (torment field) in Mallyx stance on flocks of pocket raptors. Those little bastards just run around and melt themselves, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I think it would be cool to have a trait that did an instant burst of damage on push back/pull in based on how many stacks of Torment the target has, scaling with power, so you could use it with the Axe 5 and Glint's elite. Would make hybrid builds a bit better and work well with the trait that makes CC remove an extra stack of stability.

Edit: To make it less all-or-nothing it could be based on a threshold (e.g. if >6 stacks, deal damage) or capped at a certain number of stacks (e.g. 10 stacks for max damage).

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 28, 2015

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I haven't had time to play HoT yet but will probably spend this Friday and the weekend to catch up (don't kick me from the guilds please!). I take it from the previous page it's good so far? Have the two guilds done that "clear out a space in Hot town" quest for the guild hall yet and I missed it? I would look at the OP but it seems outdated.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think we're going to attempt to do another guild hall claiming mission in SFD, but considering the last one, it's probably going to end up with 90% of the guild sitting out again because Anet is bad at balancing things.

A+++ would stay up till 2am again.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

orcane posted:

I think we're going to attempt to do another guild hall claiming mission in SFD, but considering the last one, it's probably going to end up with 90% of the guild sitting out again because Anet is bad at balancing things.

A+++ would stay up till 2am again.

Yeah, that was grim. Some people got angry.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
The lost precipice guild hall is legit gorgeous. You can come back Anet, everything is forgiven.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

If there's one thing Anet does better than almost anyone else, it's art. Their concept designers and world artists are amazing.

Also, whatever Tivac does is great too, I'm sure :)

VV 24 hour 4% experience buff!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

In all seriousness though, can someone tell me what guild halls are actually useful for?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Wait, is lunatic guard an outfit or an armor set?

edit: hoooooly poo poo that next weapon set, I want the greatsword and the sceptre and the torch

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Rynder posted:

I haven't had time to play HoT yet but will probably spend this Friday and the weekend to catch up (don't kick me from the guilds please!). I take it from the previous page it's good so far? Have the two guilds done that "clear out a space in Hot town" quest for the guild hall yet and I missed it? I would look at the OP but it seems outdated.

Just log in so you don't get kicked. I don't know SFD's timer/fullness, but GS is like 30 days, and we're full.

As far as "it is good" - it's a mixed bag. The new zones look great. Gliding is fun. Some people love their new elite specs. Some don't. Some people love the new progression system. Some don't (I'm one of those - it feels like everything is locked behind the mastery grinds, going against the entire direction of the game. Story is blocked, zone completion is blocked, precursor mastery is pointless because it's almost as cheap to just buy it on the TP and same the huge exp grind plus extra time).

That said, it's still fun - just doesn't feel like GW2 to me. Again - others love it. Raids aren't in yet, should be happening soon (10 man group content).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hello, everyone.

A trip report from the official forums, because I clearly hate myself: people are still posting topics about how insulting it is that ArenaNet nerfed elite spec hero point costs and also a few people are complaining because they like grind and they want to have to grind to get their elite specs and now the game is less fun for them! So how about that, whiners? Don't you ever think of the people who like grinding!?!?!?!?

I'd post quotes but I don't think anyone else needs to see these.

(It's worth noting that even noted grognard WoodenPotatoes thinks that lowering the cost to max elite specs is a good thing.)

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 28, 2015

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Other than the grind the expansion is very good.

And they've cut down the unlock XP needed for the story by about 75% and the Hero Points needed by 50%.

The remaining things still take time to unlock, but none of them are required in any way, shape or form. To me that takes care of the grind. There are still a ton I want to unlock, but it is no longer required to advance the story.

To me one of the best features is the unlockable class weapons. They are like mini-legendaries and require a decent investment of time to get the components, but they aren't cash sinks like legendary crafting.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I haven't played in a while and idk what's going on, it seems like grinding a ton of skill points before I stopped playing let me immediately buy everything after the redesign

my roommate is offering me money to do event stuff for her and idk what all I need to do, she seems to have the zerging down

I heard there was a jumping puzzle that doesn't let you use mesmer bullshit/portal gun/rocket jump gun??

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

brennon posted:

Berserker has been feeling pretty lackluster (really lackluster, I should say), and while Warrior is fun and seems sick for stomping people who aren't experienced it feels like hell against anyone playing well in sPvP (unless I'm doing obnoxious shoutbow stuff). I heard that they don't want to make any changes to either Warrior or Berserker though because they are intended to be "Underpowered slightly because they are so simple", is this actually true?

Warrior has always been this way, really. Think about the difficulty of Mesmer or Ele or Engi and now Rev: all involve complex switching in and out of things, planning moves based on the result of previous moves, etc. Warrior is very elementary to pull off successfully because of how simple it is, so making it less powerful makes sense.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Thanks to the HP nerf I was able to finish Dragon Hunter this morning. Besides getting the neato gloves, the dps on it seems to be great now (now that I finished the tree). GS and LB feel like they flow nicely together, I am really digging it. And the best part is now I can focus on having fun instead of worrying about getting HP.

Also, I really need to level my engi :smith:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Xae posted:

To me one of the best features is the unlockable class weapons. They are like mini-legendaries and require a decent investment of time to get the components, but they aren't cash sinks like legendary crafting.

Definitely. It looks like they need stuff from the whole expansion, too, so hopefully that will keep people around to do events and stuff even when raids come out. I'm torn between unlocking more specs or starting on a weapon, let alone picking which one to unlock.

The weapons are ascended too, so I guess subtract ~50 gold from the cost.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 28, 2015

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

The 150 point reduction was very good. I can still be all :smuggo: and say I got 400 points on my rev pre-nerf etc., but it's so much better now. I know I'll actually be able to use my elite specs on my alts before I've finished the entire expansion this time.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
There will be plenty more tears to come as people start to come across stuff like this mob that is invisible and requires a level 5(?) mastery to see.. It's apparently needed for some of the weapon achievements.

Edit: Only level 4, so 2.5M XP unless there is an additional round of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 28, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So far, Chronomancer, Reaper, and Revenant/Herald are all very cool and very good. I haven't had much chance to play with other elite specs, though the only other one that really interests me is Scrapper.

The new Daredevil staff animations are really cool. I just wish Daredevil staff was, y'know, good.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Ghostpilot posted:

Very nice, what are the other pieces? :aaa:

Thanks! The shoulders are stalwart, which anet has been saying they'll eventually make available again for a couple years now. Chest is from the glorious pvp track. The boots are from a level ~30 crafting set, I think. Most of the other options look like clown shoes on Norn.

My dye game is non-existent though. I'm only using abyss and midnight ice right now (or ever because I'm boring) so suggestions are welcome.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Make us whole, Tivac.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cronodoculous posted:

The last two nights I've tried doing Dragon's Stand and neither worked out. Then, tonight, a miracle! Monorang invited me to a group that was actually fighting the end boss! It was foolproof! Here's some pictures of what happened next, from the GW2 bug thread:

Womp womp. Two hours later and it's still stuck like that. Other instances are closing and sending people back to this one. And all I wanted to do was see how much the Plated weapons cost.

drat, we spent an entire 2 hour instance in there last night, and beat it! It took forever, way way way too long. But, I got two leyline coat boxes and the hero point at the very end! If I had known you needed to know plated costs I would have screenshotted, sorry :(

Digital_Jesus posted:

In all seriousness though, can someone tell me what guild halls are actually useful for?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_hall

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Hefty posted:

Thanks! The shoulders are stalwart, which anet has been saying they'll eventually make available again for a couple years now. Chest is from the glorious pvp track. The boots are from a level ~30 crafting set, I think. Most of the other options look like clown shoes on Norn.

My dye game is non-existent though. I'm only using abyss and midnight ice right now (or ever because I'm boring) so suggestions are welcome.

That's some Daft Punk lookin' threads you got there, som.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I think I'm going to drop my exp books and get my Rev to 80 for the hero point wvwvw Wednesday train. My Rev heals better and seams to tank better than my warrior.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Just wanted to post about this if anyone was on the fence about it-

Do the goon train. Embrace the fat hobo. He will ninja you in to the hero points and only occasionally watch you slowly glider into a ravine.

It's also a pretty brain dead good time and I get to say "I'm helping " by just keeping herald f2 and swiftness perma toggeled.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I think I'm gonna leave this killing Mordremoth's mind story step alone til its been through a round of bug fixes. Gliding actually working is spotty and if you wipe on your first try there are fun things like parts of the platform not reappearing, the boss using attacks it shouldn't have gained yet, other attacks still being active and killing you as soon as you hit the retry mote, or enemies being immune to rifts. Not to mention this is a GW2 boss so naturally the thing takes forever to kill and dying will put you back at the start with a nice fresh sponge.

Once it gets some bugfixes and everything works properly it has the makings of a fun fight, I just couldn't bring myself to soldier on past all that crap at 2 am.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Anyone have the minstrel inscription recipe yet? I will provide the mats to get 6 made. I need it for my rev.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is there anywhere I can get Heart of Thorns legit for cheaper aside from places that will get me banned?

e: nevermind

Is berseerker's still the only good prefix?

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 28, 2015

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Uziduke posted:

Anyone have the minstrel inscription recipe yet? I will provide the mats to get 6 made. I need it for my rev.

You get those recipes from the little frog guys.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So is auto-loot still bugged? I'd like to go ahead and keep grinding CoF for pact commander and fractal masteries before it is enevatably nerfed. Spent an hour or so monday night with some goons and managed to get about 500k away from R3 pact commander. Seeing as fractal masery caps at R4, getting that one shouldn't be so bad.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Probad posted:

You get those recipes from the little frog guys.

Is there a currency you need to grind?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Uziduke posted:

Is there a currency you need to grind?

You need the itzel mastery to access the vendor and then you buy it with Airship Parts.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Kerrrrrrr posted:

You need the itzel mastery to access the vendor and then you buy it with Airship Parts.

Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon. Hope I can find someone who has the recipe.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Double Monocle posted:

Just wanted to post about this if anyone was on the fence about it-

Do the goon train. Embrace the fat hobo. He will ninja you in to the hero points and only occasionally watch you slowly glider into a ravine.

It's also a pretty brain dead good time and I get to say "I'm helping " by just keeping herald f2 and swiftness perma toggeled.

'Twas a good time. Took a little longer than I hoped, but that's natural when you're herding 50+ people rather than 20ish.

Also I'll be doing a different alt each night at first, but you can always message/join Fat Hobo to get in.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Schpyder posted:

'Twas a good time. Took a little longer than I hoped, but that's natural when you're herding 50+ people rather than 20ish.

Also I'll be doing a different alt each night at first, but you can always message/join Fat Hobo to get in.

Thanks again for herding us cats through that mess. It was fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Since a bunch of devs read the reddit forum I decided to make a post thanking them for the HP change.

I got downvoted.

I really don't understand...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Uziduke posted:

Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon. Hope I can find someone who has the recipe.

They're also rare drops from the airship caches, I've gotten the book twice so far.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Since a bunch of devs read the reddit forum I decided to make a post thanking them for the HP change.

I got downvoted.

MMO players are generally horrible human beings who hate fun.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Well you see, if you lower the cost of elite specs, then you don't have to collect as many hero points, so you don't have to play as much of the game. Which therefore means, there's less game in the game.

The logic is sound don't question it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Xand_Man posted:

Anyone know if Rune of Evasion works with the Daredevil dodges? I'm a sucker for flipping around like a ninja and socking guys in the jaw so I'm trying to find a good PVP build.

Rune of Evasion does work with the Daredevil dodges but it's 9s internal cooldown makes it much less viable. D/D Condi Daredevil thief isn't exactly good, but it is fun as hell. You become a bouncy ball that spits out bleed and torment stacks.

• Locked thread