Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNf59bK6oLo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Alteisen posted:

That was a bug?

It wasn't a bug, but they did respond saying they were looking into the regen. And it looks like we got a nice thing :buddy:

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Berserker has been feeling pretty lackluster (really lackluster, I should say), and while Warrior is fun and seems sick for stomping people who aren't experienced it feels like hell against anyone playing well in sPvP (unless I'm doing obnoxious shoutbow stuff). I heard that they don't want to make any changes to either Warrior or Berserker though because they are intended to be "Underpowered slightly because they are so simple", is this actually true?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Cobra-Commander posted:

I ran into some goons on a conquest map today, they may remember me, I had fun decimating you both over and over. It brought back memories from when Chosen Chaos use to decimate you guys on Lowca, and I really missed those days. If only I could take out my frustration on conando once more, god speed elitist jerks, god speed.
Hats off to you, goon sir. 555 golden manbabies for you.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

With the new HP changes I've got my Reaper's Hood, and that actually finishes my Ele's outfit which was waiting for a Grenth Hood. I decided I had waited long enough and that I'll save the Grenth Hood for later.

All that's left to princess is my Rev once I get her to 80.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

quote:

Necromancer
- Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.
They really are hellbent on making Necromancers completely self reliant and not really getting any benefits from hanging around with other classes. This trait synergised so well with having a Herald around. Goodnight, sweet prince.

quote:

Revenant
- Infuse Light: Reduced the duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Phase Traversal: Added a 5-second recharge.
- Crystal Hibernation: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Soothing Bastion: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Surge of the Mists: Reduced the damage by 15%.
Reasonable changes except for Surge of the Mists. Guess I'm not soloing champions any more :rip:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My only problem with Rev is that I can only choose two of sword/axe, staff, and hammer :(

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Eltoasto posted:

My only problem with Rev is that I can only choose two of sword/axe, staff, and hammer :(
I just carry all four around and swap them around as necessary. I nearly always have sword/axe and then either use staff (if I want more survivability or I'm fighting stuff with breakbars) or hammer (if I want ranged damage) depending on the situation.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've only dicked around in HoT as a Rev. Do their condition builds hold up? It's hard to tell with the enemies being overtuned last I played.
Sword/Mace is *really* fun but I'm worried that a Power (maybe Soldier) build with Staff/Hammer may be better.
Currently in Carrion gear because it is cheap and Sinister is a hassle. Dire may also be a choice but I don't know how much Rev benefits from toughness.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 28, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I've only dicked around in HoT as a Rev. Do their condition builds hold up? It's hard to tell with the enemies being overtuned last I played.
Sword/Mace is *really* fun but I'm worried that a Power (maybe Soldier) build with Staff/Hammer may be better.
Currently in Carrion gear because it is cheap and Sinister is a hassle. Dire may also be a choice but I don't know how much Rev benefits from toughness.

I just came here to post about this after seeing people say it was good earlier tonight. I'm not getting it but maybe I'm not using the right build.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

brennon posted:

I heard that they don't want to make any changes to either Warrior or Berserker though because they are intended to be "Underpowered slightly because they are so simple", is this actually true?

If they've ever said this, it's a standard "no idea what they're actually doing" result.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ItBurns posted:

I just came here to post about this after seeing people say it was good earlier tonight. I'm not getting it but maybe I'm not using the right build.

Mace can stack Might with 2 and 3 and the auto applies poison and torment. I have yet to fight a Champion in a small group so I can't tell how effective it is.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Finally finished. Thanks, Tivac!

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Impressed by this patch and excited to run around HoT a lot more now that my scrapper is finished. Well done Anet, believe in yourselves

A handsome scrapper above, too.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Charr in the Lunatic Guard outfit look Rad As gently caress™

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 28, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Mace can stack Might with 2 and 3 and the auto applies poison and torment. I have yet to fight a Champion in a small group so I can't tell how effective it is.

I tried it in the mists and was unimpressed with the damage. Not only is the condition damage not all that high, the physical damage from mace is pathetic. One of the reasons why Reaper and Berserker condi builds are so good is that they have good condi and power, whereas I can't seem to get either out of rev.

This is more or less what I was using. Pretty much Mallyx/corruption with mace. I don't know if one of the other stances is even useful.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJApnnvNeNS6JvJRZlJlsryjSYV5SJYssrkFNFhtc62tLC0ItToSA-TRw1AAgaAAA-e

Here are my Reaper and Berserker builds for reference.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQFARnc0At0g10AW3A0bilcBLuKuFHjUlh1wzCKA0AWBA-TBBBABAcBAmW9Hc2fAiHAAA-e
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnckCVeg1eA+dAciglpA74IEAGZKBhIXP490+artA-TRRAABAcCAsW9nd2fIgHAg06BAA-e

I didn't put a lot of effort into the builder so there are probably some mistakes, but more or less what I was comparing rev to.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 28, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hefty posted:

My highest character is necro at 23 and now I'm questioning my life choices again

(seriously that is rad as hell looking)

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Ha, my Thief seems almost custom built to deal with pocket raptors. Just drop caltrops, dodge or death blossom and watch as they all pick up 15+ stacks of heavily upgraded bleeding. I recall I ended up with that spec to do maximum AoE hurt during messy Orr zergs.

Was funny watching much beefier characters wade into this swarm of tiny adorable dinosaurs and get chewed into kibble. Of course, the big Monster Huntery critters gently caress me up - the charging ones can kill me in two hits.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 28, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The new zones are quite pretty

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I haven't been having much trouble at all running around as a (non-druid) ranger who hasn't even found any of the new pets yet. I can take out a smokescale before it even reaches me and pocket raptors go down pretty fast too. Are the people who are having trouble playing melee classes? Maybe try switching to ranged and taking a few out before the swarm reaches you.

PsycheNotFound
Sep 30, 2015

by Lowtax
I just want to say a personal gently caress you to the veteran mushroom that always happens to pop up right when I'm crossing a very certain narrow bridge in Verdant Brink. gently caress you and your knockback that sends me falling, falling, falling.

I haven't died to you yet, and I never will, but it makes me have to press buttons outside of autorun when I'm drunk, and that is too much work.

On another note, I'm really enjoying the chronomancer. I haven't unlocked much of it yet, but the one hand sword combined with the shield makes me feel like a proper tank even with full berserker gear. The wells are also really cool, and add a new dimension (the whole "time" thing) to my mesmer that makes me love my mesmer even more. I didn't know that was possible, but it is.

At this rate, I may not actually end up playing any of my other classes, and I think I'm okay with this level of obsession.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

mind the walrus posted:

Welp, it finally happened. 3 years of playing and a patch broke my launcher :ohdear:

I've had the same problem since release. It stymied their tech support for a good while until I got the idea of restarted in Safe Mode + Networking to download HoT. Granted, the patcher still crashed frequently but at least it crashed every 5-10 minutes vs instantly - 20 seconds. Sadly that patch still seems to exist (had it come up during this latest patch, which is lovely, by the way). I wonder what changed with the patcher to have turned it from something that was rock-solid for 3 years to the cellophane paper it has been since HoT's release.

Hefty posted:

Very nice, what are the other pieces? :aaa:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I changed my mind. I'm now Gandalf the Red.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
This is a kittening joke. Some people are whining on the forums and the progression in HoT is nerfed. What the hell is happening? how the kitten could this happen? HoT was supposed to give us the end game we always wanted and some kittening whiners on the forums get what they want. Go play the core game then if you want something easy. HoT is supposed to be difficult and progression.

Change it back to 400 right now!

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

The last two nights I've tried doing Dragon's Stand and neither worked out. Then, tonight, a miracle! Monorang invited me to a group that was actually fighting the end boss! It was foolproof! Here's some pictures of what happened next, from the GW2 bug thread:

Womp womp. Two hours later and it's still stuck like that. Other instances are closing and sending people back to this one. And all I wanted to do was see how much the Plated weapons cost.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Cobra-Commander posted:

I ran into some goons on a conquest map today, they may remember me, I had fun decimating you both over and over. It brought back memories from when Chosen Chaos use to decimate you guys on Lowca, and I really missed those days. If only I could take out my frustration on conando once more, god speed elitist jerks, god speed.

this was a super weird post fyi

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Why does the cave guild hall even exist, look how pretty Lost Precipice is.

edit:

Hefty posted:

Looking Good dude. Dig the boots.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 28, 2015

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Just bought the expansion, I have no idea what's going on but reaper is the tits, and the new zones are fun as hell. Its like every button is "melt enemy". Also there's something about masteries and guildhalls, those seem cool too.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrQGtXhIyN4

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

:siren:New gear tier: Exalted:siren:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
dreggon please get help before the rear end consumes your life

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

RottenK posted:

the rear end consumes you

thats my fetish

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

CLAM DOWN posted:

The new zones are quite pretty

If there's one thing Guild Wars has done right across all its games and expansions, it's having lovely environments. Gliding over the golden city for the first time was amazing.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I've done nothing but sPvP since I started playing again, mainly with Rev. The condition build is good, but nothing amazing.

I noticed Mace's power damage (especially with a hybrid build) is pretty lacking, so I went pure condi with Wanderer's and Sigil of Torment. This is a serious drawback, particularly with my build which stacks conditions to cover Torment stacks, as Guardians will gently caress you up.

With that said, if left unattended, the Torment stacks will poo poo out damage. It's very noticeable against the champions in Stronghold as they're usually moving and won't remove conditions. Main issue I can see making it work in PvE is the reliance on Torment, but the Mace 2 makes up for it somewhat.

In any case, I find the power builds much better. They're way more versatile, allowing for more weapon and stat customisation, better defensive skills and better ranged damage.

Edit: The AoE damage you put out with Mace/Axe and Mallyx is loving absurd though. Catch people in a choke point with Axe 5 and watch as everyone gets 15-25 stacks of Torment with little effort, doing 2k+ damage per tick.

Inzombiac posted:

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 28, 2015

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Hefty posted:

What hammer is that? :aaa:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

nessin posted:

Except those loving frog assassins and the couple packs of 10+ mini-raptors I've seen.
Also Mushroom kings, and rolling devils. Also mordrem snipers should not be able to stealth.

I'm also seeing a lot of AOE attacks that don't have circles.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Thyrork posted:

What hammer is that? :aaa:

Aetherized, has some nice animation too with the pistons shooting in and out.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Aetherized, has some nice animation too with the pistons shooting in and out.

Chaithh was showing it off in his stream last night, it's a dead sexy skin. That helm rules too.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Why the gently caress are MMO players so obessed with endless grind as actually having any value? As if sinking more time into something automatically makes you better at something and not just a poopsicking moron. I've played a lot of HoT on my main and im still not remotely close to unlocking my elite spec, because I have a loving job. When I saw the 400 point gate I just about gave up on it right then and there. 250 is an improvement but christ that tree is still grindy as hell, almost like leveling another 80 just for one mediocre trait line.

Are the player pops actually better yet? I just about gave up on this becuase as cool as the new zones are you cannot accomplish anything without a group, and goons are just as anti-social in game as they are in real life so im bascially stuck waiting for anyone else to show up around the map to actually play the game and accomplish anything.

On a positive note I love the new breakbars and mob mechanics and if they could replicate this stuff throughout the rest of the game, even in a toned down form, that would be amazing. For all it's faults I haven't seen any stacking of fights so it's infinitely more interesting than my last year of Guild Wars 2 play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like that I can pretty easily become completely invulnerable for almost 10 straight seconds as a Chronomancer using Well of Precognition + Distortion + Blurred Frenzy. If I can make that work in PvP (using Chronophantasma/Illusionary Reversion to keep my illusions up after that Distortion shatter) I'm sure it'll be absolutely insufferable.

• Locked thread