Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

amazing

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

and that's why they're in the series and Toronto isn't

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

and to think, prior to this the only way of getting water in your house was to ask a pizza place to deliver it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Strangelet Wave posted:

i know thats how "waistcoat" was pronounced back in the day but i didnt know anyone spelled it like that, is that a regional thing?

partly, but it's also almost-correct internationally rather than using the Euro Waistcoat or the US Vest.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ahahaha

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

we finally did. we made it

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
its cool to see amazon providing a service that could be useful during an emergency. i mean what would you do if a hurricane knocked out your towns water infrastructure, flooding contaminated the water supply, or if your tap water just kind of tastes funny

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
if only there was some kind of filtration system you could buy....

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

Barnyard Protein posted:

its cool to see amazon providing a service that could be useful during an emergency. i mean what would you do if a hurricane knocked out your towns water infrastructure, flooding contaminated the water supply, or if your tap water just kind of tastes funny

yep in such an event the local amazon warehouse is definitely going to have power and a large enough stock of water bottles for everyone, and the cellular data network will absolutely still be online so they can direct all of the private couriers who will surely be lining up to deliver the water to each residence individually along the wholly passable roads. this is a good use of labor and resources during an emergency

amazon. bespoke emergency relief. the natural disaster is personal again.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Binary Badger posted:

and that's why they're in the series and Toronto isn't

shoulda took off running while guy was arguing it.
beisbol needs more trick plays, really not much other than swinging bunt and setting up for a bunt but swinging, and those arent really tricks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

duTrieux. posted:

the stuff with the books was apparently a really poorly done microsoft office tutorial.

blue screens

always blue

never red

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hey bezos wake me up when you can drone me over some brewskis

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Strangelet Wave posted:

yep in such an event the local amazon warehouse is definitely going to have power and a large enough stock of water bottles for everyone, and the cellular data network will absolutely still be online so they can direct all of the private couriers who will surely be lining up to deliver the water to each residence individually along the wholly passable roads. this is a good use of labor and resources during an emergency

amazon. bespoke emergency relief. the natural disaster is personal again.

yeah you're right, the idea that service could be useful for any important purpose is absurd isn't it. seems like the only emergency it'd be useful for is if your tap water tastes kinda funny.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Shaggar posted:

I hate short hair

What's it like to be a male homosexual?

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

Barnyard Protein posted:

yeah you're right, the idea that service could be useful for any important purpose is absurd isn't it. seems like the only emergency it'd be useful for is if your tap water tastes kinda funny.

i think you mean if your tap water tastes kinda funny *and* your out of beer

running out of beer in my house is an emergency roughly equivalent to a category four hurricane

posit: amazon prime booze delivery would save more lives by preventing drunk beer runs than it would lose by enabling alcohol abuse and would therefore be a net positive for society

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Strangelet Wave posted:

running out of beer in my house is an emergency roughly equivalent to a category four hurricane

i get threatened with divorce and i'm not even married

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Barnyard Protein posted:

SF has insanely good water quality and the idea that there is a market for this in the city is nutso but welcome to The World 3.poo poo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

SF has insanely good water quality and the idea that there is a market for this in the city is nutso but welcome to The World 3.poo poo

is the water gluten-free?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

some wheat field in the valley probably blew its wheat-cum up in to the reservoir so: no

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

What's it like to be a male homosexual?

short hair is for dudes. If you like short hair you probably like dudes

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I got to see a presentation from the SF water authority last week where they were talking about how they monitor the delivery system. the reservoir is so clean that they don't need to filter it. and now they have monitoring at all the major junctions and pumping stations for things like ph and chlorine content and they make that data available to all other municipal water systems they bulk supply to so a city's water department can decide to shut off their feed and know exactly when to do it if things are going out of spec and let that water pass along to whatever stupid factor or farm wants to use it

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

i like 2 fuk

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i think it was san francisco or san diego or some other california fuckers that got all mad when they started taking water from a different place in the reservoir in order to preserve the habitat of some kind of fish. anyways enough people complained so they went back to taking the water that the fish liked, rip fish i guess.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
you idiots are missing the point, the water is unrelated, it's a convenient bottle delivery service

also what if you have to leave on a long car ride in an hour and 2 minutes

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Shaggar posted:

short hair is for dudes. If you like short hair you probably like dudes

I knew this was the exact answer you were going to give, loving lmao

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

you idiots are missing the point, the water is unrelated, it's a convenient bottle delivery service

also what if you have to leave on a long car ride in an hour and 2 minutes

tired of paying inflated club prices? try amazon bottle service

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

*drone buzzes in with bottle of ciroc*

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Barnyard Protein posted:

i think it was san francisco or san diego or some other california fuckers that got all mad when they started taking water from a different place in the reservoir in order to preserve the habitat of some kind of fish. anyways enough people complained so they went back to taking the water that the fish liked, rip fish i guess.

lol yeah that was SF, they had to increase chlorination because the additional reservoirs aren't as good

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Cat Face Joe posted:

*drone buzzes in with bottle of ciroc*

:beerpal:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

sleep paralysis is a hell of a thing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is anyone else burgin'

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
not anymore

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

wtf is that bun

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Roosevelt posted:

wtf is that bun

is that a bun? in that first picture it looks like some kind of wet paste

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
the bun is just a mantou bun

Adbot