Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Do Riddler locations become available based on Main Story progression or Riddler side-story progression or a combination of things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Azubah posted:

This game at least taught me to not buy a WB/Rocksteady game on PC ever again, so there's that.

Rocksteady had nothing to do with the Arkham Knight PC launch.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

ExCruceLeo posted:

Do Riddler locations become available based on Main Story progression or Riddler side-story progression or a combination of things?

It's based on main story progression I think. You'll see some things but others won't appear until after you've already gone through the area and the story there is done. The main one that comes to mind is the Airship.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Thanks. I had finished an island (the 4 icons on the legend had 0's) and realized yesterday that more icons had popped up, wasn't sure what had triggered it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

No. You can play as Man Bat in the PC version with a little mod. It's a simple mesh swap.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

It's back on Steam.

quote:

Greetings Batman: Arkham Fans!

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is back up and available today! We are genuinely thankful to the Batman: Arkham fans, the Steam Batman: Arkham Community, and the PC Players who have patiently waited for this day. As a show of our appreciation to our fans in this process, we are pleased to announce three community focused programs to help us commemorate the re-launch of the game.

To kick things off, we will be giving away FREE digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library. This means we will be giving away copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The Batman: Arkham library of games will be given to everyone who has already purchased or will purchase Batman: Arkham Knight for PC prior to 11:59 pm PDT, November 16, 2015. We’re actively working with our partners at Valve to make this happen as soon as we can, so watch your Steam Library. We are aiming to deliver all of the games by December.

Seeing as our community was a great help in getting the game up and running, Rocksteady will be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016. As thanks to the Steam Community, PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles. Stay tuned for more details on this in the Batman: Arkham Community and Social Channels.

Finally, we are thrilled to announce that we are working with Valve and the Team Fortress 2 team for a special cross-game promotion. Through November 16, 2015, Valve will be running a contest for the Steam community to create Batman: Arkham themed cosmetic items for Team Fortress 2. The winning items will be given out to those who purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on Steam before the end of the contest. You can check out the official TF2 blog[https://www.teamfortress.com] for all the contest details!

To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:
  • Free digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library.
  • The "Community Challenge Pack” DLC.
  • The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pirate Jet posted:

That was kind of the problem! XD

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's back on Steam.

Wow. Literally nothing of value.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

It wasn't really sold like that though. Word of the PC release being outsourced only got out when the final game hit and people took a look at the credits.

That gives people reason to distrust "Rocksteady" PC releases going forward.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
If the free copies of the games that I already own are giftable, it could be worse.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

where the dlc is

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

Wow. Literally nothing of value.
I did not know that TF2 was still a thing.

Those recompenses are pretty lame, alright. I'd love to know how many PC buyers of BAK did not already own all (if not most) of the prior games.

Specific patch notes would have been pretty loving nice, too.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 28, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

redbackground posted:

I did not know that TF2 was still a thing.

Those recompenses are pretty lame, alright. I'd love to know how many PC buyers of BAK did not already own all (if not most) of the prior games.

For games that have been featured for $5? There's a pretty high loving attach rate.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

redbackground posted:

I didn't have Arkham Origins or Blackgate. Then again, without getting it with my new video card, I really doubt I'd have bought Arkham Knight.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I also enjoy that the Arkham-inspired TF2 special items will be created by the fan community on their own time. :bravo:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 28, 2015

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

redbackground posted:

People on the WB forums are saying there aren't any patch notes because they didn't really fix anything since the last patch. I'm at work so I can't play at the moment, but I'm guessing the old problems like rain textures not showing up properly and smoke effects dropping the framerate to a crawl are still going to be present. The added file size supposedly only represents the DLC content and doesn't contain actual fixes.

Hope I'm wrong since I'd really like to play through this again without it running like complete garbage, but at this point I fully expect them to release some sort of statement saying they're not bothering to patch it anymore like what they did with Origins. I'm one of the people that actually bought this game on day one and didn't go through the Steam refund process like so many others on the assumption that they would acknowledge their fuckup and fix the game in a timely manner. Lesson learned I guess, never going to buy a game from Rocksteady or WB again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't the Challenge Room part of the season pass anyway?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't the Challenge Room part of the season pass anyway?
If you want more than like a piddling amount of challenge maps compared to even vanilla AA/AC/AO, then you have to buy the season pass.

Last I checked AK had like maybe 5 or 6 combat challenges and 3 or 4 predator maps but none of the combat ones were like the previous games and the predator ones were merely okay.

Sounds like they spent most of the time after the first PC patch just prepping the DLC for PC. :laffo:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sober posted:

If you want more than like a piddling amount of challenge maps compared to even vanilla AA/AC/AO, then you have to buy the season pass.

Last I checked AK had like maybe 5 or 6 combat challenges and 3 or 4 predator maps but none of the combat ones were like the previous games and the predator ones were merely okay.

Sounds like they spent most of the time after the first PC patch just prepping the DLC for PC. :laffo:

No, I mean, they already released that pack and it's part of the Season Pass, so a Season Pass buyer doesn't even get that for free?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
apparently the pc rerelease isn't recognizing the season pass for purchasers

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Making my way downtown through the reddit thread about the update and apparently if your game was still playing pretty janky from the last update, nothing has really changed since. Oh boy!

edit: here

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 28, 2015

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
So is the Batgirl and 1989 poo poo not part of the season pass?

If it is then the game seems to think I should have to pay for it.

edit: guess I'm not the only one then

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Official response to hitching: If you're on Windows 10, get a bunch of RAM

Calling that patch notes is ridiculous.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just waiting for the Steam to recognize that I have the season pass, lol. Good times.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

"After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue."

How loving useless can you be as a company?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
So I'm guessing the game still runs like sun-baked poo poo?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

MadJackMcJack posted:

So I'm guessing the game still runs like sun-baked poo poo?

Whatever the last patch was made the game run smoother for me. Some people still complain about crappy crap happening to them though.

It's less of a crap shoot than it was at launch though.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

12GB of RAM on Windows 10 to make it playable.

Windows 7 users, reboot when it starts acting up.

Really?

I mean, I must be lucky in that I have a graphics card that was unaffected by the Windows 7 problem cited, but that's still an insane response. They're basically saying, "yup, its broken, buy better hardware".

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Snuffman posted:

12GB of RAM on Windows 10 to make it playable.

Windows 7 users, reboot when it starts acting up.

Really?

I mean, I must be lucky in that I have a graphics card that was unaffected by the Windows 7 problem cited, but that's still an insane response. They're basically saying, "yup, its broken, buy better hardware".
I think it's clear that after that last patch, WB called it and moved everyone off who wasn't needed to get the PC DLC up to delivery (which uh, still hasn't happened, but whatever).

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I think it's cute that even with a compensation of free copies of all the other Arkham games, they still have to say "stay tuned over the coming month." The games LITERALLY ALREADY EXIST in a playable state and you can't even give them out at the time you announce them.

I'm betting the season pass not being recognized is because they pulled it totally amid all the negative reviews, now something is probably hosed up in the Steam databases and thinks the "old" season pass is different from the one they put back up.

I just can't understand how you could gently caress things up this bad.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
They are marking launch-window reviews as "pre-release" lol

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It wasn't really sold like that though. Word of the PC release being outsourced only got out when the final game hit and people took a look at the credits.

That gives people reason to distrust "Rocksteady" PC releases going forward.

That's a fair point!

I just caught up in the fact that there's this weird internet trend where crazy people continually tell Rocksteady to go gently caress themselves for the quality of a game they didn't even make.

Also I'm gonna stand here and brag about being right.

Pirate Jet posted:

The port isn't going to be "fixed" once the re-release happens. Even if they do pack any performance improvements with the content release, it's still spit-shining what is a bad port at its core - and given by the language of their re-release announcement, they're just gonna push out the DLC+photo mode+whatever and call it a day. The game still has awful stuttering, just not as much. Rain effects are still busted, just slightly less so. Etc.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 28, 2015

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

That's a fair point!

I just caught up in the fact that there's this weird internet trend where crazy people continually tell Rocksteady to go gently caress themselves for the quality of a game they didn't even make.

Their name is listed as the developer nearly everywhere you can see it, the majority of people are not going to know that the PC port was outsourced to some other place. It's mostly on WB really but I don't blame anyone getting pissed off at all three companies involved. I'm definitely going to be wary of WB PC releases from now on.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
God drat, guess I won't be playing this any time soon then. What a dumpster fire :(

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

God drat, guess I won't be playing this any time soon then. What a dumpster fire :(

Based on this:

Capn Beeb posted:

Wonder if there's any chance of it running worth a drat on a 2500k and 2GB 760 GTX :(

I'd say you'd be fine. I have a 2500k and a 2GB GTX 680, and after today's update the game runs without without any apparent issues. Before today, it was terrible in every way.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Restart steam, looks like the DLC is sorted out for season pass owners now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Levantine posted:

They are marking launch-window reviews as "pre-release" lol

Was about to point this out.

Good lord, WB/Rocksteady making fantastic strides with their PR team.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Good lord, WB/Rocksteady making fantastic strides with their PR team.
They're fully embracing the Photoshops of the PC version with "Steam Early Access" added in.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

redbackground posted:

I think it's clear that after that last patch, WB called it and moved everyone off who wasn't needed to get the PC DLC up to delivery (which uh, still hasn't happened, but whatever).
Clearly they need all those PC sales to keep the lights on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

Anyone want to remote plAy my ps4 copy and beat the last riddler race? gently caress that piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread