Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

3 in a row at home: CIN, OAK, CLE
bye
at SEA

gonna be a rough 1-3 for you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
i don't think so, tim

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I also think a special teams player that no one outside of NE has ever heard of and a mediocre safety will go to Canton

I wish I was that optimistic about my team's players. I'm still skeptical about Antonio Gates getting in, PED thing aside

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Soon you won't have to worry! Let them go, Ross; you'll be better for it.

I wish my dumb team would leave and let me start over.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

commy gun posted:

I'm still probably gonna end up following them because I'm more a Chargers fan than a San Diegan.

Also my baseball and hockey teams are both in LA/Orange County so whatever. It'll suck not being a mile from the stadium though.

I still don't think they're moving next year.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So what I'm taking from all this is that only the raiders have been worse at first round drafting than the bears this century, except the last two raiders picks look amazing and are going to pull them past the bears shortly. Great.

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

i don't think so, tim

goondolences

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

commy gun posted:

I'm terrified which team will end up relocating to London that I'll end up having to support.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ross Angeles posted:

I'm still probably gonna end up following them because I'm more a Chargers fan than a San Diegan.

Also my baseball and hockey teams are both in LA/Orange County so whatever. It'll suck not being a mile from the stadium though.

I know we got into a stupid slapfight over it awhile back, but I'm wrong and the Chargers moving to LA would kinda suck for transit. I hope they stay for your sake. :smith:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

corsair posted:

goondolences

goons always pick against the Steelers and Pats :shrug:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Football fans pick against Steelers and Pats, film at 11.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

So what I'm taking from all this is that only the raiders have been worse at first round drafting than the bears this century, except the last two raiders picks look amazing and are going to pull them past the bears shortly. Great.

don't worry, maybe Shea MccLellen is finally going to be for real or Kyle Fuller

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

We've reached accepta-

Ross Angeles posted:

Nevermind.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

We've reached accepta-

Nevermind.

I mean that I think it'll be 2017 or 2018 before they're gone because of logistics and having somewhere up there to play.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

We don't think you'll fail, we just hope you do. :)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Ross Angeles posted:

I mean that I think it'll be 2017 or 2018 before they're gone because of logistics and having somewhere up there to play.

So next year do they play as the Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

So next year do they play as the Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego?
Who knows! Whatever it is, it'll be in front of about 10k or less fans at the stadium

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

Who knows! Whatever it is, it'll be in front of about 10k or less fans at the stadium

Half of that figure is made up of Phillip Rivers' children.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I had a thought earlier. If the Chargers and Raiders do end up sharing a stadium, it means the Raiders would move into the NFC West.

It'd mean regular Niners/Raiders games.

I think working to keep the Raiders in the AFC would be for the best, if only to save the money from the inevitable settlements to dead fans' families.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

atlanta already has a football team though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I had a thought earlier. If the Chargers and Raiders do end up sharing a stadium, it means the Raiders would move into the NFC West.

It'd mean regular Niners/Raiders games.

I think working to keep the Raiders in the AFC would be for the best, if only to save the money from the inevitable settlements to dead fans' families.

I still think the Carson project is total fiction. It's gonna be the Rams and Chargers in Inglewood, and the Raiders are going to rot in Oakland.

Hypothetically, moving the Chargers to the NFC West would make more sense if the Raiders and Chargers shared a stadium. More history with the Raiders and tbe other two teams in the AFC West, unfortunately.

That would mean the NFC West would have to send a team to the AFC West, and who.knows who that would be

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kalli posted:

There is a stupid amount of talent at the WR position in the league right now.

It's awesome because the Ravens somehow have ended up with exactly none of it aside from the corpse of Steve Smith

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

mastershakeman posted:

I would post the browns list but I don't want to cry today.

Aside from Thomas who I'm sure they would have passed on if jamarcus was available, and haden, it has got to be the most pathetic list available.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I still think the Carson project is total fiction. It's gonna be the Rams and Chargers in Inglewood, and the Raiders are going to rot in Oakland.

Hypothetically, moving the Chargers to the NFC West would make more sense if the Raiders and Chargers shared a stadium. More history with the Raiders and tbe other two teams in the AFC West, unfortunately.

That would mean the NFC West would have to send a team to the AFC West, and who.knows who that would be

Seahawks gonna go home

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

korrandark posted:

Bengals last 15 years

2000 Peter Warrick - how was he such a bad NFL player?
2001 Justin Smith - a good player that became great when he left for the 49ers.
2002 Levi Jones - mediocre OT
2003 Carson Palmer - gently caress Carson Palmer
2004 Chris Perry - a bad runningback
2005 David Pollack - injuries killed his chances of playing
2006 Johnathan Joseph - a real good CB while on the Bengals
2007 Leon Hall - a real good CB that is now a nickel corner/safety
2008 Keith Rivers - a bad linebacker
2009 Andre Smith - a good RT
2010 Jermaine Gresham - a decent TE
2011 AJ Green - :swoon:
2012 Dre Kirkpatrick - a decent CB
Kevin Zeitler - a real good guard
2013 Tyler Eifert - :swoon:
2014 Darqueze Dennard - not enough playing time to give opinion
2015 Cedric Ogbuehi - has been on IR- designated to return

actually Jermaine Gresham loving sucked. Hope this helps

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ross Angeles posted:

The...the Seahawks?

Get them the gently caress out

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Yeah it'd be the Seahawks, returning from whence they came.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JRizzle posted:

The...the Seahawks?

Get them the gently caress out

I'd guess Seattle because of former AFC West ties, or Arizona because of lack of significant NFC West history. The 49ers and Rams are NFC West stalwarts

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
I'd be ok with sending the Seahawks to the AFC, if only so that the Packers don't have to play them as often

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
They should leave them both in the AFCW so that twice a year there's some magical mutual-home games. :allears:

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
Man the 2000 first round is hilarious. The Jets had four (!) picks, and the Raiders took a kicker. Owns.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Vikings last 15 years. It's easy to forget some of these guys.

2000 Chris Hovan DT - Was ok for a couple years, eventually went to Tampa and later St Louis
2001 Michael Bennett RB - Had a great rookie season, but injuries and fumbleitis led to him being a non factor and was gone in 05
2002 Bryant McKinnie OT - Lazy and injured alot. Gave up the sack that murdered Favre. Love Boater.
2003 Kevin Williams DT - Fantastic talent, part of the Williams Wall tandem.
2004 Kenechi Udeze DE - Ok as a rookie, injuries and leukemia forced his retirement in 09.
2005 Troy Williamson WR - This is who we replaced Randy Moss with. gently caress you Troy Williamson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZNyYouzuk
2005 Erasmus James DE - The Eraser! Was injured a whole lot and was out of the league in just a few years.
2006 Chad Greenway LB - He's been a fixture in our defense since 06, and is likely on his last year with the team, possibly the NFL.
2007 Adrian Peterson RB - Owns a whole lot. Also beat his kid.
2008 No Pick
2009 Percy Harvin WR - Had an electrifying rookie season, quickly became locker room cancer and has bounced around a few teams, pissing them off because he's a huge baby.
2010 No Pick
2011 Christian Ponder QB - gently caress you Christian Ponder. We'll let Gendo tell the story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6dfeYSrXM
2012 Matt Kalil OT - Great as a rookie, struggled in 13 and 14, is serviceable this year.
2012 Harrison Smith S - Hitman Harry loving owns and his Pro Bowl snub is indefensible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS48JARD_TQ
2013 Sharrif Floyd DT - Pretty decent DT. Injured right now.
2013 Xavier Rhodes CB - He's really good and his development has been fun to watch. Drawing a lot of :flag:s this year though.
2013 Cordarrelle Patterson WR - Huge bust who can only return kicks and run jet sweeps. Was raw, and forced into a significant role before he was ready. Probably needs a change of scenery to develop, if he can.
2014 Anthony Barr LB - He loving owns. Does it all from the LB position and has a very, very high ceiling.
2014 Teddy Bridgewater QB - Love the pick, but is only in year 2. Not a big arm, smart, but with the right development he can be our answer at the position if he doesn't Ponder it up.
2015 Trae Waynes CB - Way too early to tell. He isn't getting significant snaps this year as he adjusts to the NFL.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
Texans

2002 1 David Carr QB - Was alright, I guess. Got pounded into dust. Poor bastard.
2003 3 Andre Johnson WR - :swoon:
2004 10 Dunta Robinson CB - Pretty solid. Gave us "PAY ME RICK" for which we are all forever in his debt.
2004 27 Jason Babin DE - Couple mediocre years for us. Gave up a lot of picks to get him. Not worth it.
2005 16 Travis Johnson DT - Injury bust
2006 1 Mario Williams DE - :swoon:
2007 10 Amobi Okoye DT - Four mediocre seasons. Boo.
2008 26 Duane Brown OT - :swoon:
2009 15 Brian Cushing LB - :swoon: and then his knees died :rip:
2010 20 Kareem Jackson CB - Has had an up-and-down career with us.
2011 11 J. J. Watt DE - :swoon:
2012 26 Whitney Mercilus DE - lovely pass rusher. Serviceable, but not 1st round material.
2013 27 DeAndre Hopkins WR - :swoon:
2014 1 Jadeveon Clowney DE - Jury is still out
2015 16 Kevin Johnson CB - Jury is still out, looks really good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kalensc posted:

They should leave them both in the AFCW so that twice a year there's some magical mutual-home games. :allears:

I don't want the Raiders to have 9 home games

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your Detroit Lions have selected...

2000 Stockar McDougle - he was alright, foreshadowing Suh he went to Miami after 5 seasons
2001 Jeff Backus - 12 years with the Lions. He loving sucked. 4 out of 5 times that Matt Stafford tasted the turf it was this guys fault
2002 Joey Harrington - he was lovely. Got benched for Jeff Garcia. Also played for the phins after the Lions.
2003 Charles Rogers - was in my high school class. Broke his collarbone a league record 10 times. Can be found in your nearest Taco Bell parking lot, passed out drunk. Still owes the Lions like $8 million.
2004 Roy Williams - no calvin johnson but he was pretty good at WR
Kevin Jones - good rookie year but got hurt a lot after that
2005 Mike Williams - draft wide receivers 3 years in a row? Pure Lions. He was a bust. Couldn't actually catch the loving ball.
2006 Ernie Sims - he was decent
2007 Calvin Johnson - you know who Megatron is.
2008 Gosder Cherilus - never even heard of this guy
2009 Matthew Stafford - has had 3 4,000 yard seasons and 1 5,000 yard season. Lots of 4th quarter comebacks. Throws goofy sidearm style.
Brandon Pettigrew - pretty good tight end for his first few years but hasn't done much lately
2010 Ndamukong Suh - controversial but effective player. At the Dolphins now or so we hear.
Jahvid Best - concussion problems. Total bust.
2011 Nick Fairley - he wasn't bad at least when paired up with Suh, got hurt a couple times and went to the Rams
2012 Riley Reiff - never heard of this guy
2013 Ezekiel Ansah - sacks people like crazy and should end up being pretty good if he can stay uninjured
2014 Eric Ebron - he can't catch. Probably a bust.
2015 Laken Tomlinson - he's only played a few games. Coach Caldwell: "He did some good things, and had some things that he didn't do so well. But he did all right."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sean10mm posted:

I think it's pretty clear that Gronk sets up the entire "get cheap yards throwing short to shifty little shits for endless yards after the catch" part of the offense, and without him it all kind of goes to hell because none of the other receivers are in fact THAT good.

If Amendoa was consistent and could stay healthy he'd be seen as a much better player... but those are his core faults as a player so you can't hand-wave them away.

Yeah that's a good point - so much of what the other receivers do is because every defense has to focus on Gronk first and everyone else second.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Gosder Cherilus was cut from the Colts as an offensive lineman, so that tells you how good he is.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXAW2qd65nA

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

I'd guess Seattle because of former AFC West ties, or Arizona because of lack of significant NFC West history. The 49ers and Rams are NFC West stalwarts

Arizona at least has NFC history.

send the hawks :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Arizona at least has NFC history.

send the hawks :colbert:

Agree, cause I want an excuse to go to Phoenix once a year

• Locked thread