Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I think those are pretty cool, for a scratch build. Reminds me of the old resin warhound titans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I think we've already seen some of the other stuff these folks make. Wargame Exclusive does some fun stuff, like several Tau that actually look badass or heads for to the dopey GW admech robots less dopey:

However, they do imagine their models to have a lot more... silicone in them:

:nws: follows, I guess

"Dark Elf" Cabalite warrior

Krieg Comissar who takes to the grim dark battlefields of the 40th millenium riding sidesaddle.

Mechanicus, you say?

Must be Magus Biologis, then.

Or part of the part of Cult Mechanicus that's meant for diplomacy.

Hey, you know that joke about blue girs having triangular vaginas?

Explains the worse armor save on Pathfinders!

The newest in Tau technology lets commanders take to the field without cumbersome crisis suits.

Yes, that's a commander, not a fireblade.

Also, new Tau Titty Gunslingers.

Explains the "Greater" part of "Greater Good"

Tau field hacker, for all the hacking that happens in 40K.

This one is market as a "Pin-up Commissar", and yeah, no-one ever uses two power fists (I have made a dude with two chaiswords). I kind of like it, if not for the gasmask.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That Krieger is somewhat short on the CBRN front.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JcDent posted:

This one is market as a "Pin-up Commissar", and yeah, no-one ever uses two power fists (I have made a dude with two chaiswords). I kind of like it, if not for the gasmask.
"Haha - look at the boob-models and how terrible they are!"

"Except for this one. I like this one. The gasmask makes it legit."

:golfclap:

Personally, I think Adept Hamlet there talking to Yorick would be an awesome model if she had some clothes on.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I assume the rationale behind all-but-naked mechanicus ladies is that they no longer care for tiresome modesty of the flesh as they have embraced the machine god etc. Yet they always have large full breasts and beach bodies under the chunky implants/scraps of robe. Just once, could somebody sculpt a female mechanicus with a flat chest and emaciated body that actually executes on the theme? It could actually be a good mini.

Gas masked commissar lady is wearing the mask because she knows only an idiot goes into battle unprotected. Duh.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

berzerkmonkey posted:

Personally, I think Adept Hamlet there talking to Yorick would be an awesome model if she had some clothes on.
Agreed. Also I wish the boobtau on the stack of skulls wasn't a boobtau, because that's otherwise a pretty cool recreation of the Fire Warrior cover art.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

berzerkmonkey posted:

I don't like the gasmask, English might be failing me. And yes, that's the one boobiture that I like.

SRM posted:

Agreed. Also I wish the boobtau on the stack of skulls wasn't a boobtau, because that's otherwise a pretty cool recreation of the Fire Warrior cover art.

It was an OK game, I guess. Sure, the lasguns might have fire boogers and you took on waaay too many marines, but...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Yet they always have large full breasts and beach bodies under the chunky implants/scraps of robe. Just once, could somebody sculpt a female mechanicus with a flat chest and emaciated body that actually executes on the theme? It could actually be a good mini.

So, uh, how do you know they're female, then?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

JcDent posted:

So, uh, how do you know they're female, then?

Fabulous hair.

By flat chest i mean an athletic/skinny feminine figure with appropriately small boobs. Rather than a heaving bust that walks through the door before the rest of her and yet still does not require any support. Or does every woman living in the grim darkness of the far future get a boob job?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The Mechanicus one is so almost cool. If she was equally exposed but all withered and creepy it would be 100% John Blanche.

You could probably convert the model to be a lot better, with a little bit of sculpting know how.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

just ship me all the bags of 64 random skulls

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Ugleb posted:

Fabulous hair.

By flat chest i mean an athletic/skinny feminine figure with appropriately small boobs. Rather than a heaving bust that walks through the door before the rest of her and yet still does not require any support. Or does every woman living in the grim darkness of the far future get a boob job?

I say go the other way. If you're mechanicus, you need to give up the restraints of the flesh to accomodate more machines. That *means* boobs are great physical realestate for a power source or a sensor cluster.

All the guys should have mechanical boobs filled with dark age technology. Boobing around. Boobily.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

The Mechanicus one is so almost cool. If she was equally exposed but all withered and creepy it would be 100% John Blanche.

You could probably convert the model to be a lot better, with a little bit of sculpting know how.

Please show us your secrets for scultiping wizened, naked old ladies with cyborg parts.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I say go the other way. If you're mechanicus, you need to give up the restraints of the flesh to accomodate more machines. That *means* boobs are great physical realestate for a power source or a sensor cluster.

All the guys should have mechanical boobs filled with dark age technology. Boobing around. Boobily.

Just like a Mega Man X character.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Here's a cool... Look I don't know what is going on with this guy.

I think what you have there is a representation from the future of that one guy who brags and then proceeds to demonstrate whatever wild electronic thing he bought.

"my Bluetooth receiver is implanted into my finger so I can look not stupid and have a thing hanging from my ear"

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

That is where the huge scrots come in.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

"Dayum, she is smokin' hot! Well, she has to vent the heat from that chest-cavity power generator somehow!"

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ugleb posted:

"Dayum, she is smokin' hot! Well, she has to vent the heat from that chest-cavity power generator somehow!"

Oh yeah - that makes sense. More surface area = better cooling. I'm on board now.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

berzerkmonkey posted:

Oh yeah - that makes sense. More surface area = better cooling. I'm on board now.

Logical conclusion; big fat tanky mechanicus on palanquins, with bedsores from their numerous implants and amputated feet from late stage diabetes. Hail nurgle.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spheres offer the least volume to surface ratio of any shape though. Needs more heatsink fins and wrinkles.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
An artist on 4chan's /tg/ once made this in response to the request "an admech priestess with her robes open and nothin on underneath :pervert:"

And that's really the last word on female AdMechs imho

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Small Frozen Thing posted:

An artist on 4chan's /tg/ once made this in response to the request "an admech priestess with her robes open and nothin on underneath :pervert:"

Nothin on underneath indeed. Where did those legs go?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Kwyndig posted:

Nothin on underneath indeed. Where did those legs go?

Removed for being inefficient

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

THE FLESH IS WEAK.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Safety Factor posted:

Please show us your secrets for scultiping wizened, naked old ladies with cyborg parts.

My apologies, I was not clear. I do not claim these skills for myself. I am but a learner in search of a guru.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Small Frozen Thing posted:

That is what I'm talking about! Someone shove it through a 3d printer and onto ebay.

Although it is missing the chest rack cooling array.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Si basically Techpriesys as they are are a gender neutral mini.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JcDent posted:

Si basically Techpriesys as they are are a gender neutral mini.

Supposedly, so are Tau. Current fluff is that Tau women have different visible sexual characteristics than human women, so humans who do not have extensive experience with Tau have great difficulty telling the genders apart. And on the battlefield, the Tau military doesn't segregate by gender, so in theory any given Tau tabletop force is an even mix of genders.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The search for cheap mini takes you to many places. Many badly designed places, cos if a company didn't get rich by ~2000s, they didn't update their website.

Or models, for that matter. Here's some from mirliton.

The minis are usually "OK, I guess", but you can see how both detail and modelling skills tank once you get to the motorcycle part.

Actual inspiration for bikes in Team Knight Rider?

Hello, toys from Eastern Europe!

And all this poo poo is 28mm!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cythereal posted:

Supposedly, so are Tau. Current fluff is that Tau women have different visible sexual characteristics than human women, so humans who do not have extensive experience with Tau have great difficulty telling the genders apart. And on the battlefield, the Tau military doesn't segregate by gender, so in theory any given Tau tabletop force is an even mix of genders.

The dudes have | slits on the face while the females have Y slits on the face.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

JcDent posted:

Is that a scrub brush

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I'm the solitary windshield wiper that only covers 1/4th of the window.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is that a scrub brush

It's from the National Army of The United Republics of Scrubbing Bubbles

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is that a scrub brush

no you see its a hover tank and it hovers by blowing air and

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I would totally use this as a leman russ demolisher or vindicator. :swoon:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

poo poo, I actually have like half a dozen of these things. They were for Kryomek, a very special skirmish game in the 90s

I have a bunch of those models as well as their infantry that I painted up when I was like 11.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

LordAba posted:

The dudes have | slits on the face while the females have Y slits on the face.

I think you'll find that female Tau have boob tube armour and massive tits thank you very much. The colour guide in the latest codex where a fully armoured Firewarrior is referred to as female yet looks indistinguishable from the other helmeted Shas'la is just an example of lazy asset re-use and a lack of proof reading.

*Pushes glasses up nose, returns to Warseer.*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JcDent posted:

Advance Wars Miniatures?

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I think you'll find that female Tau have boob tube armour and massive tits thank you very much. The colour guide in the latest codex where a fully armoured Firewarrior is referred to as female yet looks indistinguishable from the other helmeted Shas'la is just an example of lazy asset re-use and a lack of proof reading.

*Pushes glasses up nose, returns to Warseer.*

I'd like to present to the board my thesis entitled Sexual dimorphism in fictional species and their representation in miniature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

hooman posted:

Advance Wars Miniatures?

...Holy poo poo, that'd totally work.