Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

when I was 15 I wrote a Yamcha fanfiction

I am 30 now and every day I wish I'd died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wrote a fanfiction where Goten beat everybody.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Why are Goten and Trunks still so short if it's Age 778, they should be taller by now! I want my money back.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
When I was 7, I wrote a fanfiction where Goku was raised by Superman to be the new Superboy then, when he grew up to be a teenager, he teamed up with Batman Beyond to fight off DBZ villains. Like most kids, I just put TV shows in a blender and drank the crap smoothie that followed.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

projecthalaxy posted:

I wrote a fanfiction where Goten beat everybody.

would read tbh

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

s

Aurora posted:

Why are Goten and Trunks still so short if it's Age 778, they should be taller by now! I want my money back.

same reason goku was

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
When I was a kid I just came up with more and more nonsensical Super Saiyan forms. I think I got to SSJ 15 before I gave up.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The best was when me and a friend taked about SSJ6 despite never coming up with a 5.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Covok posted:

When I was 7, I wrote a fanfiction where Goku was raised by Superman to be the new Superboy then, when he grew up to be a teenager, he teamed up with Batman Beyond to fight off DBZ villains. Like most kids, I just put TV shows in a blender and drank the crap smoothie that followed.

i'd watch that show

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Covok posted:

The fact that you involved Batman Beyond is cool though, show owned. :colbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Squallege posted:

The best was when me and a friend taked about SSJ6 despite never coming up with a 5.

Gotenks skipped 2 so obviously you could skip 5, duh

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

if anyone joins up with jaco it's gonna be krillen cause he's already a cop

also it'd be p cool if krillen became a hard-boiled space detective

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

When I was a kid I don't remember ever making up anything DBZ(or anime in general) related or combining characters from series. Even though I always had nerdy hobbies, I never really understood the whole fanfiction, etc aspect of the subculture. I did make a really bad DBZ website when I was 15 where I put up a bunch of random images I had found on the web (this was around ~2000 or so).

Condiv posted:

if anyone joins up with jaco it's gonna be krillen cause he's already a cop

also it'd be p cool if krillen became a hard-boiled space detective

Yeah, Krillin should combine his "being a strong guy" and "not being a loving moron with no skills other than fighting like Goku/Vegeta/etc" in some useful way.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Little Mac posted:

when I was 15 I wrote a Yamcha fanfiction

I am 30 now and every day I wish I'd died

Did you post it on Planet Namek along with your PL list?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Professor Wayne posted:

Did you post it on Planet Namek along with your PL list?

No, that was me. Along with moderating the Planet Namek forums and reviewing new dub VHSs of the Android Saga.

I became well adjusted eventually.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
After how many Golden Gohan Awards, though?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Professor Wayne posted:

After how many Golden Gohan Awards, though?

The Golden Gohan Awards were rigged! Or at least that's what I tell myself due to not winning any.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Team Fourstar say they're going to upload Super Android 13 after some expo this coming weekend.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been waiting, they're gonna have to work hard to top the dub of that movie

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm very excited for this one, but as Baal said, just about the funniest thing they could do is already done. I am interested to hear if they come up with an explanation for why Trunks (especially their Trunks) is chaperoning a trip to a beauty contest.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Are they skipping Broly or is that after 13?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

Are they skipping Broly or is that after 13?

I think it's after Broly only because Gohan has access to SSj1 in it but not Android 13. Unless they just forgot for 13.

E: Broly was released 8 months after Android 13, I think in narrative they are both in the week before cell?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
VEGETA!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Was Raging Blast 2 any good?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if even TFS were having trouble making Broly interesting for one movie, never mind making him consistently entertaining enough for all three.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Rewatching DBZ:RF: how come chunks of Final Form Freiza heal into first form huh?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

I really like it. It's a 3D fighter like Budokai Tenkaichi, it has a lot of characters, all that. One thing that's somewhat polarizing is the lack of a traditional story mode. Instead you play through a series of fights as each character roughly following their career in the show, sometimes with modifiers added. For instance, Nail's final boss fight is defeating final form Frieza with 1HP. This is also how you unlock characters and there's some unintuitive stuff, like Videl unlocking Zarbon I think, something like that. But yeah in terms of actual gameplay it's one of my favorites.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Covok posted:

It was alright. I thought it was kinda soulless since it didn't have any what-ifs. If I could get it for about $10 I'd buy it again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if even TFS were having trouble making Broly interesting for one movie, never mind making him consistently entertaining enough for all three.

Idk you could do a lot with Broly being a giant crybaby about Goku being one as a literal baby

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Baal posted:

Idk you could do a lot with Broly being a giant crybaby about Goku being one as a literal baby

Another angle would be to deliberately play against the typical characterisation of Broly (though I realise that's more of an early TFS thing than a present TFS style). Ie, rather than him being a near-mindless monstrosity on powering up, he ends up a Freudian-style philosopher, which would naturally allow for a lot of self-examination about his relationship with his father, the obsession over Goku due to childhood 'trauma'. Then culminating with him still trying to solve his problems by blowing up everything that breathes.

Honestly though, the TFS movie I'm really waiting on is Bojack Unbound. That's probably got the most to work with, both from the movie itself but also what they've established in the abridged series so far.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm waiting for any and all golden Frieza jokes.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Vegeta getting his butt whooped by 15 for a while is the best thing any anime has ever done.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Literally everyone's made them because it's dumb

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I can already see them doing the color jokes soon with the whole level beyond super saiyan stuff. "oh yeah right, like now we have blue hair"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

projecthalaxy posted:

I think it's after Broly only because Gohan has access to SSj1 in it but not Android 13. Unless they just forgot for 13.

E: Broly was released 8 months after Android 13, I think in narrative they are both in the week before cell?

Good god, think about how stressful that WEEK was. The Androids, Imperfect/Semi-Perfect Cell, Android 13, Broly, Perfect Cell, Bojack...

KoB
May 1, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

When I was a kid I just came up with more and more nonsensical Super Saiyan forms. I think I got to SSJ 15 before I gave up.

Well what were they.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
TFS has already stated outright that they aren't going to do anything beyond the Buu saga. No GT, no Battle of Gods, and no Resurrection F.

They have plenty of time to change their minds of course, but their excuse as explained by Laniraptor in one of his blogs is that the only reason Toei and Funimation haven't smacked the poo poo out of them with lawyers is because they are only using old footage that Toei doesn't really care about since they have new footage rolling out regularly, and they were able to convince Toei their series was helping to drive sales of the original series after the first episode cease and desist debacle back in the day.

Touching the new movies or Super would likely be considered by Toei as straight up piracy due to them being so new and still capable of bringing in revenue on their own.

Caros
May 14, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Good god, think about how stressful that WEEK was. The Androids, Imperfect/Semi-Perfect Cell, Android 13, Broly, Perfect Cell, Bojack...

Bojack was presumably a little while after. They mention Trunks has come back for a visit and Vegeta has had enough time to really start pouting.

And speaking of which, future Trunks is an rear end for not coming back to visit his past friends.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Caros posted:

Bojack was presumably a little while after. They mention Trunks has come back for a visit and Vegeta has had enough time to really start pouting.

And speaking of which, future Trunks is an rear end for not coming back to visit his past friends.

He'll eventually come up against someone that'll take him out, right? No Bojack in his timeline, would Android 13 exist? If so he'd be the end of Trunks. If not him then someone down the line would surely overpower Trunks.

What I'm saying is: Future Trunks is future dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Future Trunks became a time cop and summoned you to help fight time crime.

• Locked thread