Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Future Trunks became a time cop and summoned you to help fight time crime.

Future Trunks/Future Jaco future team up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

pik_d posted:

He'll eventually come up against someone that'll take him out, right? No Bojack in his timeline, would Android 13 exist? If so he'd be the end of Trunks. If not him then someone down the line would surely overpower Trunks.

What I'm saying is: Future Trunks is future dead.

Nope. He has a sword and can go Ultra Super Saiyan 2. He'd totally punch them a lot then chop them up.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

pik_d posted:

He'll eventually come up against someone that'll take him out, right? No Bojack in his timeline, would Android 13 exist? If so he'd be the end of Trunks. If not him then someone down the line would surely overpower Trunks.

What I'm saying is: Future Trunks is future dead.

I love the idea that he eventually gets pasted by Buu or any of the post-Cell movie or GT villains and the main timeline group never stops to think about this. Then there's the fact that it would be impossible to create a Super Saiyan God in his timeline, so even if he lucks out and beats Buu it all goes tits up when Beerus pays a visit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Esroc posted:

I love the idea that he eventually gets pasted by Buu or any of the post-Cell movie or GT villains and the main timeline group never stops to think about this. Then there's the fact that it would be impossible to create a Super Saiyan God in his timeline, so even if he lucks out and beats Buu it all goes tits up when Beerus pays a visit.

It's pretty likely Buu doesn't get released because Trunks doesn't gently caress around releasing energy, and Beerus has no reason to visit Earth without Goku there.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It's pretty likely Buu doesn't get released because Trunks doesn't gently caress around releasing energy, and Beerus has no reason to visit Earth without Goku there.

Yeah, Buu could be avoided. But Beerus doesn't travel to Earth to meet Goku. He travels specifically to seek out the Super Saiyan God that he learned about eons before. So he would've still traveled to Earth looking for it, if only because that was the last known location of any living Saiyans.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Shin Budoki - Another Road plays around with the Buu Saga by having Trunks go grab all the Z Fighters to come help him deal with Babidi.

And then of course Dragon Ball Heroes has an SSJ3 Future Trunks for dealing with Buu.

Aurora fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 28, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Covok posted:

Was Raging Blast 2 any good?

i thought it was the best of the games available on 360 for what that's worth

and they did work pretty hard to make some fights an actual challenge - as tien you fight imperfect cell, and he regenerates both ki and health insanely fast and hits a metric fuckton harder than you do. it's possible to win it but i've only managed it once without using items to nullify his regen

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Esroc posted:

Yeah, Buu could be avoided. But Beerus doesn't travel to Earth to meet Goku. He travels specifically to seek out the Super Saiyan God that he learned about eons before. So he would've still traveled to Earth looking for it, if only because that was the last known location of any living Saiyans.

By the time Future Trunks is grown enough to do his time travel thing Beerus would have already visited Earth. He probably just didn't bother because the only living saiyan was a small child.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Esroc posted:

TFS has already stated outright that they aren't going to do anything beyond the Buu saga. No GT, no Battle of Gods, and no Resurrection F.

A single DBGT Abridged episode using the DB Kai Abridged treatment could work, in my opinion. Then again, that means they'd have to go over almost every episode to look for usable footage and I don't see that happening.

Aurora posted:

Shin Budoki - Another Road plays around with the Buu Saga by having Trunks go grab all the Z Fighters to come help him deal with Babidi.

But Babidi needed energy from strong warriors to wake Buu up, bringing the Z Fighters is literally the worst thing he could do :psyduck:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Emong posted:

By the time Future Trunks is grown enough to do his time travel thing Beerus would have already visited Earth. He probably just didn't bother because the only living saiyan was a small child.

For that matter, Baidi would have already arrived in Future Trunks time. He probably left because there wasn't enough energy.

Also, Trunks can train too. SSJ3 Trunks anyone?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

zelah posted:

Rewatching DBZ:RF: how come chunks of Final Form Freiza heal into first form huh?

where does his clothing come from?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pik_d posted:

Future Trunks/Future Jaco future team up?

Time travel is outlawed, Jaco would never partake

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Time travel is outlawed, Jaco would never partake

why would jaco not be around in trunks timeline

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Stairmaster posted:

why would jaco not be around in trunks timeline

I think he means he wouldn't team up with a known time traveler.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Also, how much of a power up is SS Blue over SSG? Regular SS is 50x base, so I'm curious why SS Blue isn't a 50x incrase over SSG, considering Goku pushed Beerus in regular SSG form but isn't more powerful than him in SS Blue.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's "whatever's best for story telling right now" level

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's "whatever's best for story telling right now" level

I want to see SSGSS3

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I kind of hope SSB is the last new Super Saiyan transformation we see for a long while. Maybe even ever.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Raxivace posted:

I kind of hope SSB is the last new Super Saiyan transformation we see for a long while. Maybe even ever.

No way in hell. Toei will want more Super Saiyan forms, so then Bandai can make toys and stuff them into every new game, and sooner or later Heroes will give them to everyone.

There's always more transformations. Always.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Still waiting for silver hair as Super human, my 12 year old me needs closure.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't wait for an entire game of nothing but Goku + transformations as the only char

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

No way in hell. Toei will want more Super Saiyan forms, so then Bandai can make toys and stuff them into every new game, and sooner or later Heroes will give them to everyone.

There's always more transformations. Always.

I can dream, man. I can dream.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The final Super Saiyan form better just be his hair shifting through all the colours of the rainbow constantly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The final Super Saiyan form better just be his hair shifting through all the colours of the rainbow constantly.

I too want Coiffio to bean actual DBZcharacter

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They are going to have Super Saiyan Blue at something like 1/4th of the way through the series. You're kidding if you don't think at LEAST one more Saiyan transformation, plus probably something for Piccolo or someone is coming down the line.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

something something freeza shouting "I hate that saiyajin!"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
The strongest Super Saiyan transformation is the one that makes you bald.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

They are going to have Super Saiyan Blue at something like 1/4th of the way through the series. You're kidding if you don't think at LEAST one more Saiyan transformation, plus probably something for Piccolo or someone is coming down the line.

lmao come on, the B/C team is done with getting new powerups. The most we can hope for is SSGSS3 Gotenks (which would be extremely rad)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

lmao come on, the B/C team is done with getting new powerups. The most we can hope for is SSGSS3 Gotenks (which would be extremely rad)

Nah, they're doing a tournament so there's a good chance at least one dude is gonna get some kind of punchhard power, if just so he can job and Goku/Vegeta can show off their even-stronger powerup by beating the guy who beat him.

Like how Piccolo powered up to fight Cell and Android 17.

Or like how Piccolo powered up to fight Frieza.

Or like how Piccolo powered up to fight Nappa.

... being Piccolo sucks.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Future Trunks became a time cop and summoned you to help fight time crime.

This has been bothering me for a while, why does he get shorter? Trunks is noticeably taller when he comes out of the hypersonic lion tamer because of a year worth of ageing, but he shrinks back to (and adopts the old hairstyle of) pre-crying chamber when he shows up in heroes and xenoverse.

Probably just toriyama being himself (Vegeta's height increase and shrinking hair), but I can't be the only person who sees it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

This has been bothering me for a while, why does he get shorter? Trunks is noticeably taller when he comes out of the hypersonic lion tamer because of a year worth of ageing, but he shrinks back to (and adopts the old hairstyle of) pre-crying chamber when he shows up in heroes and xenoverse.

Probably just toriyama being himself (Vegeta's height increase and shrinking hair), but I can't be the only person who sees it.

I think it's probably just art weirdness in that area. Though "Toriyama forgot" is never a bad assumption.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Caros posted:

He doesn't wear that coat well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caros posted:

He got a haircut at the end of the Cell Saga (and even inside it, after fighting Cell as his super buff form), and we can guess that he never grew it long again (since growing it long wasn't a choice of his to begin with, there just probably wasn't any good way to cut his hair inside the Hypernonsense Blink Chamber, just look at how Gohan's hair ended up!).

The size...just the usual inconsistencies. It's anime.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, they're doing a tournament so there's a good chance at least one dude is gonna get some kind of punchhard power, if just so he can job and Goku/Vegeta can show off their even-stronger powerup by beating the guy who beat him.

... being Piccolo sucks.

If he's lucky he might even get to tie the laces of one of his shoes before he's outclassed by the other

Do it Kill la Kill Ragyo style and have it be all the colours at once

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Caros posted:

Nah, he's already like that in his final appearance:

And he doesn't really look taller after spending a year in the hyperglycemic crime chamber:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Petiso posted:

Nah, he's already like that in his final appearance:

And he doesn't really look taller after spending a year in the hyperglycemic crime chamber:

I think Caros probably means the anime where Trunks does look noticably buffer when coming out of the time chamber I think.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Somebody edit this to make it look like Vegeta's flipping the bird.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

... being Piccolo sucks.

They'll almost certainly introduce a way to give God ki to other non-saiyan characters. God ki has too many special rules that require other users of God ki (or broken power potential like Freeza) to combat it . If they want to make the B and C teams relevant they have to give them God ki.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Esroc posted:

If they want to make the B and C teams relevant

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

pik_d posted:

Also, how much of a power up is SS Blue over SSG? Regular SS is 50x base, so I'm curious why SS Blue isn't a 50x incrase over SSG, considering Goku pushed Beerus in regular SSG form but isn't more powerful than him in SS Blue.

I thought that Red was full god mode and that Blue was them being able to tap into a portion of God ki after training with Whis.

So Red is the most powerful and may well be the "final form" that Goku and Vegeta have to work up towards/reach again.

Or IDK they could go Kratos and rainbow hair makes them stronger than God. Who knows

• Locked thread