Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Looks exactly like his dad with a hairpiece in this.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

An excellent video to release when the prevailing narrative is that Marco Rubio doesn't actually go to work.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Phlegmish posted:

Are you saying Ben 'Hammer Time' Carson will NOT be President of the United States?

I'm saying the world according to smootrich is currently at war with itself, lead by the Warren/Biden factions against the holy Carson crusade and that my lowly teutonic genes just aren't letting me glimpse this magical funland

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

goldmine

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don't think that's true, since the entire crux of the argument is that so much money goes into wealthy suburban communities (who have high home values and higher taxes) and less in to urban poorer ones. If nothing else, I can speak from personal experience that the home I lived in when I lived in the city had much lower property tax rates then the one I currently own in the suburbs.

Its a fallacy.

quote:

When it comes to property taxes, New York City homeowners live in an upside-down “Alice In Wonderland” world — a system that often favors the rich and punishes lower- and middle-income property owners, a Daily News investigation has found.

Because of the bizarre way the city taxes residential property, owners in upscale gentrified New York neighborhoods like Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights and the upper East Side often wind up paying less than owners in hardscrabble zip codes like East New York and Canarsie in Brooklyn, South Jamaica in Queens and Mott Haven in the Bronx.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/higher-income-areas-taxes-poorer-counterparts-article-1.1470735

quote:

Kahrl’s case study, which was released this month by the Journal of Urban History, traces the practice of tax-lien speculation to a 1951 reform in Illinois state law called the Revenue Act. During the same years when “redlining” emerged as a severely racially discriminatory mortgage practice, assessors in cities such as Chicago systemically over-valued homes in black neighborhoods for property-tax purposes…

http://legallysociable.com/tag/property-taxes/

quote:

He released the results of a survey of more than 11,000 Pittsburgh home sales between 2006 and 2010 that indicated properties in many of the city's poorer neighborhoods, like Esplen, are assessed for more than their fair market value.

At the same time homes in wealthier areas, like Squirrel Hill, are assessed well below their fair market value, based on sales data over the past five years.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2011/01/08/Poor-neighborhoods-pay-higher-property-taxes-city-councilman-says/stories/201101080195

Its not too hard to find articles talking about the disparity. To boil it down, higher income locales have the wherewithal to vote down property tax hikes. Poorer ones do not.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 22, 2016

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

hahaha that outro. Rollin with the punches

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Smoothrich posted:

"In his book, "America the Beautiful," Dr. Carson writes on page 102, "I believe we have taken the moral low road on this issue [i.e., illegal aliens]. Some segments of our economy would virtually collapse without these undocumented workers—we all know that—yet we continue to harass and deport many individuals who are simply seeking a better life for themselves and their families. Is there a way to apply logic to this issue and arrive at an intelligent solution?" (Ben Carson Has Presidential Ambitions, But Is Soft On Illegal Aliens; Jerry McConnell; Canada Free Press; 2/4/14)."

This is what the guy is running on "apply logic and don't be an rear end in a top hat, I'm a doctor with faith, Carson 2016"

HES.. IGNORANT.. ON.. POLICY.... HES STUPID.. HES EVIL.. HES.. RACIST?.... is blasting around everyone's brains, I am just shocked how gullible people are. Is it even possible to un-indoctrinate liberals? This thread is a case study. People can't even watch a clip of Carson talking about black people without cognitive dissonance causing confusion, and assume Bernie Sanders is the real "Black Man's Candidate"

I know if I posted this in a Right Wing forum everyone would agree with me, but I'm trying to understand the partisan divide we have going on. A 10 minute clip of Carson getting huge cheers from black democrats should get a better reaction than "ur crazy" lol, no one can even talk about it

Okay, smoothrich, here's a serious reply since you appear not to be a troll. No one is replying to you seriously or engaging with you because you are in the wrong thread. This thread is for making fun of the Republican primary. You want d&d.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
This time, Nixon.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I like the Hillary campaign looking down on Jeb.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Brannock posted:

Looks exactly like his dad with a hairpiece in this.

Well you see the camera is a magical realist and transmitting their actual souls.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I like to think this is Francis's actual reaction to this thread.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Owns

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Even in candid shots, Bush manages to find himself surrounded by two liberals, Nixon, and Romney

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xenophon posted:

Even in candid shots, Bush manages to find himself surrounded by two liberals, Nixon, and Romney

It's like a Steven King story.

Unelectable

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Check that - three liberals, because that's definitely Adlai Stevenson peepin' over his shoulder there

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Every one of those is majestic.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Does Rubio suffer from social anxiety or something? His voice trembles and he's shaky alot. Plus the um, egregious sweating. Must be hell to be a politician with that physiology.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Xenophon posted:

Check that - three liberals, because that's definitely Adlai Stevenson peepin' over his shoulder there

4 - I'm pretty sure that's McGovern in the upper left corner.
Was "This time, Nixon" from '68 or '60? Because all of the other posters are from losing campaigns.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Does Rubio suffer from social anxiety or something? His voice trembles and he's shaky alot. Plus the um, egregious sweating. Must be hell to be a politician with that physiology.

You'd think they would have him on beta blockers if that was the case.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
jesus loving christ these are so good.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Trump's been braying about the new Economist poll. No surprises but Fiorina's drop has been pretty hilarious.

The X-man cometh posted:

4 - I'm pretty sure that's McGovern in the upper left corner.
Was "This time, Nixon" from '68 or '60? Because all of the other posters are from losing campaigns.

Correct, and good eye! McGovern/Shriver.

e: looks like This Time, Nixon was 1968. Too bad, that would have been perfect.

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 28, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Those photos are exactly how I see these people. Fantastic stuff.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

After getting used to complete poo poo coming from these candidates, this wasn't too bad. It was a funny enough joke and then at the end he awkwardly makes fun of himself. I could see how people would watch this and find him to be relatable. More so than the other jokers at least.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to find the old ones with Bachmann and Palin

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Smoothrich posted:

The Establishment of both parties are smearing the poo poo out of Carson, because he defies the partisan divide as a complete outsider with moral integrity and a reformist agenda.

He compared universal health care to slavery and said that if Jews had guns the Holocaust wouldn't have happened. Ben Carson is a garbage human being with stupid garbage opinions; sorry you can't see that.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4eTUwl8Rto

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

This is a rookie move that I see surprisingly often. People will just buy a button-down shirt, rip it out of the package and put it on. Maybe they'll think to iron it first, but in any case, they don't bother to wash it first.

In any event, they end up wearing a shirt that is hella creased down/across the front and back like this and it looks like you just ripped it out of the package and put it on like a gigantic retard who doesn't know how to dress himself.

Wash your new shirts before wearing them for the first time!

I'm glad I'm not the only one spergy enough to notice the giant creases

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

taqueso posted:

You'd think they would have him on beta blockers if that was the case.

Speaking from personal experience, beta blockers are terrible. I have no idea how anyone get anything done while on them.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I don't know what it is, I don't suffer from social anxiety or shyness or anything but when I speak up in a meeting full of a lot of strangers I get the shakes and my mouth alternatives between extremely dry and full of saliva and I'm just a mess in general.

And I have no problem asserting myself at the time so I wouldn't really describe it as a anxiety, my mind has no problem with it but my body says what the hell are you doing.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
am super attracted to woman in hillary mask

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Xenophon posted:

That sentence would be funnier without the Oxford comma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Here's a Palin and two Bachmanns. Sweet dreams!

yeah buddy

• Locked thread