Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's also helpful while hanging. I'm trying not to use a guide at all so my rank is going to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i figured to use landmines on vulcan raven without reading it and felt real smart lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Avoid all guides for MGS since there's so many ways to play everything. How did you both beat Sniper Wolf

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i actually won in a sniping duel on my first try but i read a funny cheese strat here afterwards and laughed about it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i figured to use landmines on vulcan raven without reading it and felt real smart lol
Same, none of the guides even mentioned it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Putting claymores at every intersection and hiding in a box until he kills himself, ftw.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book posted:

i thought that was the intended strat, given the arena is corridors

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

i thought that was the intended strat, given the arena is corridors

the game gives you a bunch of c4 and nikita missiles for that fight, so i assume thats the intention. i dont think i ever found a claymore pickup outside of actually picking up deployed ones, which i didnt realize you could even do until pretty late in the game

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i don't think i've used a claymore or d-mine, like, ever ._.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i killed myself twice learning how to deploy claymores in that fight

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how many people blew themselves up trying to crawl over the d-mines on their first minefield clearing mission in mgs v

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

how many people blew themselves up trying to crawl over the d-mines on their first minefield clearing mission in mgs v

*raises paw*

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

*raises paw*

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

elf help book posted:

what do you think was the hardest game you beat when you were under 10 years old

Art of Fighting 2. Jesus H. Christ.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

elf help book posted:

the game gives you a bunch of c4 and nikita missiles for that fight, so i assume thats the intention. i dont think i ever found a claymore pickup outside of actually picking up deployed ones, which i didnt realize you could even do until pretty late in the game

I tried to use the Stinger the first time, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

I tried to use the Stinger the first time, lol.

You can beat him with that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

using the nikita is a cool concept, as you have to sneak the missiles up to him, because if he sees the missile he'll shoot it out of the air. but its not very fun with the vision the game affords you, and if you had better vision it'd probably be too easy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

In Training posted:

*raises paw*

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i disarmed about half the minefield with my body before i realized

and d-dog helped out with a few too

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

it me

now if i dont see dudes around i will run up and jump on the mine because sometimes it doesn't hurt

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

I didn't

I killed myself this way in GZ

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
First few minutes of Jamais Vu was me lightning dashing into mines.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I put off doing the mine clearing side missions for a while because I thought I needed to get some special item to deactivate them stealthily because shooting them and setting off the explosions felt wrong in a stealth game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I did this

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

You can beat him with that

I did.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Vulcan Raven fight for the goddamn mother making GBS threads win. I love that fight... any of the cat and mouse style bosses in MGS are so great... even The Fury.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Fury is basically badass PS2 version of Vulcan Raven fight and it's so sick, even if it is the one MGS3 fight that I die at every single playthrough at least once.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Fury is my favourite boss.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Vulcan Raven fight for the goddamn mother making GBS threads win. I love that fight... any of the cat and mouse style bosses in MGS are so great... even The Fury.

Even? Even The Fury? The Fury is one of the most badass bosses of all time.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I saw people here talking about how much they didn't like the fury... the fury is probably the hardest mgs3 boss, but is still very good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lots of people don't like the fury for some reason.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only part of MGS3 I ever saw was watching my roommate lose to him over and over for like two hours.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Holy poo poo, this guy lives with Drew Scanlon haha.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My least favorite MGS3 boss was The Pain because I hated swimming around that arena.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Must have been a tight fit for a big boy like you

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Omfg I hate that boss witf the crazy 60s space man suit and jet pack who spews flames & can be beaten several different wayss- a gigantic loving retard

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Benny D posted:

Omfg I hate that boss witf the crazy 60s space man suit and jet pack who spews flames & can be beaten several different wayss- a gigantic loving retard

I think a bunch of people didn't know about shooting the pipes or ripping his suit, which is fair enough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

You don't have to sign your posts in this forum

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

no they will not posted:

I think a bunch of people didn't know about shooting the pipes or ripping his suit, which is fair enough

Whaaaat? I beat him by hiding in the shadows and shooting him in the face with the tranq like four times then hiding and doing it again how do you rip suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

Whaaaat? I beat him by hiding in the shadows and shooting him in the face with the tranq like four times then hiding and doing it again how do you rip suit

the knife and sniper rifle i think

• Locked thread