Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I tried sinster zker sword/torch in beta. It did do a ton of damage, but I hate being a squishy warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if you saw but training the first rank of dragon hunter unlocked a collection for an ascended long now you can choose that stats for.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat I never saw this!

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if you saw but training the first rank of dragon hunter unlocked a collection for an ascended long now you can choose that stats for.

Are you sure its ascended? On my warrior when I unlocked zker I got a exotic torch.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Uziduke posted:

Are you sure its ascended? On my warrior when I unlocked zker I got a exotic torch.

You get an exotic weapon when you start training, which unlocks a Specialization Collection that gives you an ascended version.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Specialization_Collections

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Solumin posted:

Do we know which stats you can choose? Usually you're limited to the default ones, but being able to choose Sinister or Viper's would make it worth using...

Wouldn't you be able to use the mystic forge thing to change it like any other ascended weapon?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoyed my brief time with zerker, don't even have all the traits, seems like you could make a pretty good bursty fire build with it+longbow.

Also my story is bugged, I'm at the in their footsteps part, I made it to the village, spoke to the frog and now it says leave the village but its not doing anything, I'm crossing over where the green story thing is but nothing is happening.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat I never saw this!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ydalir_(achievement)

As was mentioned I don't know if you can pick the four stat inscriptions and it's kind of intensive but if you like playing more than spending money it might be worth it.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

forkbucket posted:

Wouldn't you be able to use the mystic forge thing to change it like any other ascended weapon?

:aaa: I didn't know that's a thing!!

On the other hand, all of these collections require Level 4 in each of the HoT masteries, as far as I can tell.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Solumin posted:

:aaa: I didn't know that's a thing!!

On the other hand, all of these collections require Level 4 in each of the HoT masteries, as far as I can tell.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anthology_of_Heroes

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ydalir_(achievement)

As was mentioned I don't know if you can pick the four stat inscriptions and it's kind of intensive but if you like playing more than spending money it might be worth it.

That's cool, totally missed that unlocking. Might go for that as well, it must have a unique skin? Getting a normal marauder's ascended longbow would probably be faster at least.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Hrm, I wonder if viper would end up being better for a burn guardian than sinister...

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's cool, totally missed that unlocking. Might go for that as well, it must have a unique skin? Getting a normal marauder's ascended longbow would probably be faster at least.

Yeah, all those unlocks have a unique skin that is like the weapon you get when you unlock your first elite specialization "talent", but flashier.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Coming back after a break really makes me wish that you could swap professions and just use a single character (isn't that what FFXIV does?). Dealing with inventory management across multiple characters is just a chore.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's the one they showed off on the Meet The Dragonhunter blog entry way back when. Picture here: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/f4d76Glamor-1-590x331.jpg
Warning: you may get triggered from this image due to aegis

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can swap professions; it just costs a handful of silver every time you do. I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than stuff like salvag-o-matics and infinite tools in the long run, so it's not like it's hard to justify.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

You can swap professions; it just costs a handful of silver every time you do. I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than stuff like salvag-o-matics and infinite tools in the long run, so it's not like it's hard to justify.

I *think* she/he means swap classes (which GW2 calls professions), like thief/guardian/etc

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Kajeesus posted:

I'm talking about your base class, not crafting professions.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I remember some rumblings about changing up the gameplay wrt zerk supremacy - did they do anything to zerk sets? I really don't want to buy new armour for my dumb alts.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So druid isn't really proving to be anything special with conditions, by that I mean the staff. As such I'll probably just roll druid and it's entire role into my power based gear instead of building around druid. Since HoT has only released 2(?) new armor sets, there is no need for me to wait on building my condition ranger gear.

I have a full set of rabid currently, cause I used to use a condi ranger at release. I like the toughness gain, but I think I'll only keep a few pieces of that for some general survivability and replace the rest with either sinister or viper.

I'm interested in seeing how viper holds up, as I was thinking of making a sinister set for my engineer as well. And maybe my thief. I have a zerker set and rabid set on my necromancer, so I'm pretty sure I'm set there. If need be I might consider dropping the berzerker for sinister, but I'm not too sure.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rynder posted:

I remember some rumblings about changing up the gameplay wrt zerk supremacy - did they do anything to zerk sets? I really don't want to buy new armour for my dumb alts.
They haven't directly changed the stats but what they've done is made mobs in the new areas much more dangerous and they've been adding stuff with higher toughness that conditions are better against.

For reference I'm about 2/3 through world completion in the new areas and I've done all of that with a revenant in full berserker so not much has changed outside of raids/high level fractals.

Berserker armour is always going to be the best stat combo for raw power based damage simply because of the stat distribution it has.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Alteisen posted:

I enjoyed my brief time with zerker, don't even have all the traits, seems like you could make a pretty good bursty fire build with it+longbow.

Also my story is bugged, I'm at the in their footsteps part, I made it to the village, spoke to the frog and now it says leave the village but its not doing anything, I'm crossing over where the green story thing is but nothing is happening.

If that's the one with the frog who's not a prisoner, thank you very much, you just need to leave the area in general. I bounced off the mushroom toward Faren's Flyer WP and it autocompleted.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Haha the Nightfury recipe is insane. If you want something unique and have a ton of cash, here ya go http://dulfy.net/2015/10/28/gw2-nightfury-halloween-shoulders-recipe/

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brain In A Jar posted:

If that's the one with the frog who's not a prisoner, thank you very much, you just need to leave the area in general. I bounced off the mushroom toward Faren's Flyer WP and it autocompleted.

That's what I did actually, I jumped off the balcony past her and glided elsewhere but it never completed.

I'm disappointed in the precursor stuff, I wasn't expecting it to be easy but I wasn't expecting it to just save me a pittance of gold on getting it, guess my twilight will have to wait.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the precursor stuff would be sorta fine if there wasn't a tier dedicated entirely to just making, like, 500 of the same loving thing just to hand to an npc

who greenlit that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm at work so can't really check for myself, does the gem store have anything of particularly great value for low level players?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm annoyed with the whole Bladed coat now. They should just award it to people who finish T4 Verdant brink, but instead they gate it behind RNG again. I mean, come on. There are TWO new armor sets on a drat expansion pack. And the chestpiece is gated by random once again. They really changed their strategy from core where you could get all kinds of great sets just by playing the game.

Ciaphas posted:

I'm at work so can't really check for myself, does the gem store have anything of particularly great value for low level players?

I'd recommend the endless crafting tools, if you can afford them. Save a ton of effort and money in the long run. (although I have to admit I dunno if a low level can use them. Why not?) Plus the usual extra bag and bank slots and storage expander (can stack 500 items instead of 250 for one of them).

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 28, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

The gem store is mostly level-less, it doesn't matter if you're 10 or 80. It's mostly cosmetic stuff, skins etc, boosters, convenience items, minis, account upgrades like bank slots, etc

In short, Buy More Gems Dude

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Eltoasto posted:

Haha the Nightfury recipe is insane. If you want something unique and have a ton of cash, here ya go http://dulfy.net/2015/10/28/gw2-nightfury-halloween-shoulders-recipe/

:allears:

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

Many thanks to Schpyder for last night's HP train and for his infinite patience with my stupid uncanny ability to fall to my death from any surface less than an acre wide. Those writhing vines are giving me nightmares. :cthulhu:

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

If you buy one thing from the gem store, make it the Copper-fed Salv-o-matic, that thing is a lifesaver and will make everything so much easier.

The only bad thing is remembering to put it back in the bank every time you change an alt.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Reminds me, what should I be salvaging, anything that can be? Or should some of it be sold instead?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Reminds me, what should I be salvaging, anything that can be? Or should some of it be sold instead?

My rule of thumb is salv everything blue and green. If it's yellow or above, check the price. Salving these can give Globs of Ectoplasm, which are generally worth about 40s on the TP, but it can give you anywhere from 3 of these to absolute bupkiss, so if the price is above 40s you might feel more comfortable selling it direct on the TP rather than gambling for the ectos with a salv.

Also, for yellow and above, I highly recommend using a Mystic Salvage Kit, which you can get by tossing one of each of the 3 vendor kits into the mystic forge with 3 forge stones. This will give you a 250-use kit – I tend to keep one of these on every character and swap the Salvomatic around.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

salvage-o-matic is kinda pointless since mystic salvos exist.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Check TP and Vendor for items you're not sure about, but per my rules of thumb:

* Salvage Greens/Blues for the luck they drop + mats, and sell the green runes/sigils to an NPC vendor
* "Salvage items" like metal scrap or rags can be lucrative sold on their own, but need to be priced competitively on the TP.
* Yellows/Oranges (Rare/Exotic) can be worth selling or worth salvaging with a yellow kit for a chance at ectos. I personally just sell 'em, but it depends on your goals.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Digital_Jesus posted:

I disagree only because I tend to only play one character at a time so switching it around only happens once a month or so.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Digital_Jesus posted:

It's good, actually. Forge stones are limited, and 250 uses burn through REAL quick if my rate of hitting Agent of Entropy is any indication.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Digital_Jesus posted:

Yeah, forge stones are way harder to come across now, and the amount of poo poo I salv guarantees that I would burn through my stack of 40-odd in about a week.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

The mystic is the same stats as the vender bought yellow one right?

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Also mystic salvage kits don't talk robot snark at you while you spam click :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Eltoasto posted:

:eyepop:

• Locked thread