Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

I dream of this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I've run Garden of Morr a few times now and I like it. Its a nice change of pace from Horn of Magnus and it feels easier IMO. Plus it has more wide open areas for fighting the Rat Ogre, more interesting scenery, and it isn't Horn of Magnus, which I'm a bit sick of.

Yea Garden of Morr absolutely my favorite map right now and no one wants to run it because oh no i need loot and this is too loong baaaawww

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Funny thing is, it feels shorter to me compared to Horn of Magnus.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Funny thing is, it feels shorter to me than Horn of Magnus.

It probably has a shorter direct path but it is very easy to get turned around, versus Horn which I can literally do a fly through of the map in my head because it is straightforward and I have played it a bazillion times

E. I like how the Vermintide splash screen switches up what background sound it has between the rats, I have heard a horde but also the gas rat coughing and saying "poison! POISON!"

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Just ran an Engines of War where all of the Skaven did nothing but watch us as we hewed through their ranks. Their AI was terribly terribly broken, except for the specials and the Rat Ogre, though the R'ogre was vibrating intensely the whole time.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tokubetsu posted:

Yea Garden of Morr absolutely my favorite map right now and no one wants to run it because oh no i need loot and this is too loong baaaawww

I am very happy that I have three friends who like this game and not one of them is the least bit interested in farming or Optimal Gear Grind Routes.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It probably has a shorter direct path but it is very easy to get turned around, versus Horn which I can literally do a fly through of the map in my head because it is straightforward and I have played it a bazillion times

Wow, me too. Just did it now, took about 30 seconds. Maybe I've been playing this game too much.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I bought this game yesterday but haven't played yet. If I don't have a full party of friends on am I forced to fill any remaining slots with the unwashed masses? I really should have figured this one out before buying it in retrospect.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Skandranon posted:

Wow, me too. Just did it now, took about 30 seconds. Maybe I've been playing this game too much.

It's freaky, isn't it? I can even visualize all the crates on the docks. I need to play other maps...

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Comrayn posted:

I bought this game yesterday but haven't played yet. If I don't have a full party of friends on am I forced to fill any remaining slots with the unwashed masses? I really should have figured this one out before buying it in retrospect.

You can set the game to private in the level select screen.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Playing Engines of War as the Dwarf, I accidentally fall off the side of a cliff and lose three quarters of my health at the beginning of the map. Guy playing Kruber starts a vote to kick me, but he loses, so he starts yelling in chat at us. Elf player points out that Kruber player was being a dick anyways by stealing all the ammo for his stupid blunderbuss rather than the elf's bow, and the elf player was actually pretty good. Kruber player spent the rest of the match complaining at us because he's a level 40 and we're all levels 15-25 so we obviously suck. I blow all three doomwheels and then Kruber got grabbed by a hook rat so we abandoned him until he rage quit.

This game brings out the best in us and it's all justified because everyone in Warhammer hates each other.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 28, 2015

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

Playing Engines of War as the Dwarf, I accidentally fall off the side of a cliff and lose three quarters of my health at the beginning of the map. Guy playing Kruber starts a vote to kick me, but he loses, so he starts yelling in chat at us. Elf player points out that Kruber player was being a dick anyways by stealing all the ammo for his stupid blunderbuss rather than the elf's bow, and the elf player was actually pretty good. Kruber player spent the rest of the match complaining at us because he's a level 40 and we're all levels 15-25 so we obviously suck. I blow all three doomwheels and then Kruber got grabbed by a hook rat so we abandoned him until he rage quit.

This game brings out the best in us and it's all justified because everyone in Warhammer hates each other.

Did you win the map? Also what difficulty.

I found as soon as you do Nightmare, the pubbies aren't as bad or terrible.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Comrayn posted:

The game has to involve four characters at all times. If less than four players are in a group it will launch with bots in the empty slots. The game will automatically search for player replacements, although you can prevent this by setting the game to "private" in which case the bots will remain bots.

Bots perform much better in this game than in most others (that doesn't involve them cheating). They can fight rather well, better than some pubbies even, but occasionally do dumb things. If they get too far separated they will warp-to-player so the degree to which they can gently caress things up is limited. They are dependable if uninspired. It is definitely feasible to complete the game on normal with two bots at all times (except maybe Wheat and Chaff). I would say you probably want at least one other human beings at all times but honestly I haven't tried solo play at all so who knows maybe it could work.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's freaky, isn't it? I can even visualize all the crates on the docks. I need to play other maps...

I even got all the grimoires, tomes, and chests.

Lukavi
Aug 23, 2006
Place your bets now
I can't find this anywhere but what's the key difference for healing items Kit/Potion?

Kit can be used on others and heals more?

Potions are weaker but faster?

Should I always drop pots for kits?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tamayachi posted:

Just ran an Engines of War where all of the Skaven did nothing but watch us as we hewed through their ranks. Their AI was terribly terribly broken, except for the specials and the Rat Ogre, though the R'ogre was vibrating intensely the whole time.

Warpstone Dust: Not Even Once.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lukavi posted:

I can't find this anywhere but what's the key difference for healing items Kit/Potion?

Pots are good for quick maps like black powder and sewers cuz you always want to be moving, especially on cataclysm. Kits are good for longer maps where the run is an endurance race, so that extra healing is great but you lose some time.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Lukavi posted:

Pots heal 30% of your total health. Medkits heal 80% of the health you're missing.

Generally above 50% health a pot is better. Below it a Medkit is better. Medkits are generally the one worth holding onto though because you can heal other scrubs less gorgeous and talented than yourself.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Lukavi posted:

I assumed it was similar to the difference in the painkillers and the first aid kit in L4D. One's quicker, heals less, can't be shared, and doesn't restock your downs, and the other is slower, heals more, can be used on others, and restocks your downs.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Drakes posted:

But the default loadouts are pretty serviceable for easy-hard unless you're super nit-picky on something.

Problem is I didn't realize what a fuckpain it'd be to get even whites of different sorts so forex now I'm stuck with a green hagbane shortbow on elf because I melted all my starter whites the moment I got other stuff.

Like, poo poo, I just wanna try some drakefires on the dorf, or the shield and mace on soldier. gently caress.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Pots are great if you die a lot, since it converts your white health to green before stacking on top.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Problem is I didn't realize what a fuckpain it'd be to get even whites of different sorts so forex now I'm stuck with a green hagbane shortbow on elf because I melted all my starter whites the moment I got other stuff.

Like, poo poo, I just wanna try some drakefires on the dorf, or the shield and mace on soldier. gently caress.

I accidentally melted my Witch Hunter's crossbow and still haven't found another. Also the only character I have even one blue item for is the Bright Wizard. :suicide:

Lukavi
Aug 23, 2006
Place your bets now
Thank you for the info!

2nd question round, what weapons/items use the secret 3rd button attack?

I just read the rapier can fire a pistol offhand, what do the other weapons do? I don't have nearly a copy of each to test this out

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Lukavi posted:

Thank you for the info!

2nd question round, what weapons/items use the secret 3rd button attack?

I just read the rapier can fire a pistol offhand, what do the other weapons do? I don't have nearly a copy of each to test this out

The Rapier

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
People who care about loot in this game are dumb, confirm/deny?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

John Dyne posted:

I assumed it was similar to the difference in the painkillers and the first aid kit in L4D. One's quicker, heals less, can't be shared, and doesn't restock your downs, and the other is slower, heals more, can be used on others, and restocks your downs.

More or less, but the healing pots do restore your downs

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Captain Gordon posted:

People who care about loot in this game are dumb, confirm/deny?

That the weapons are different is interesting. However, in general, I try to think of this game as a melee focused L4D, and loot is just a bonus. It's not the end goal, just a way to gradually change up how you play. I'm in no rush to 'beat' cataclysm, this isn't WoW.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I really appreciate how useful guns are even if the game is melee focused. Kruber with a Repeater and Saltzpyre with his pistols forming a firing line can just absolutely wipe a horde before it ever meets melee.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The Ratogre needs the ability to hurl unwilling clanrats at distant players. Alternatively, have the game occasionally swap out the current ogre for the hilarious-looking Age of Sigmar version with guns for arms.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Night10194 posted:

I really appreciate how useful guns are even if the game is melee focused. Kruber with a Repeater and Saltzpyre with his pistols forming a firing line can just absolutely wipe a horde before it ever meets melee.

I prefer the handgun/crossbow because while repeaters/pistols can kill a horde really fast as you said, melee does the exact same thing with no ammo restrictions. What melee doesnt kill are gunrats/gasrats and to a certain extent stormvermin.

ChickenHeart posted:

The Ratogre needs the ability to hurl unwilling clanrats at distant players. Alternatively, have the game occasionally swap out the current ogre for the hilarious-looking Age of Sigmar version with guns for arms.

edit: Dont forget a chaingun in his chest. Dont ask me how it works.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Please don't bring up Age of Sigmar. It's depressing to know that all of the lore/flavor in the game and everything you're going through to save Ubersreik is pointless because an EVIL MOON is just going to Majora's Mask the planet in two years anyway.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Saltzpyre's pistols will waste gasrats and stuff just fine. More importantly, he can fire them on the move really well. It's partly because the pistols I have for him are my only blue for him, I suppose, but I'm quite fond of them.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

ChickenHeart posted:

Alternatively, have the game occasionally swap out the current ogre for the hilarious-looking Age of Sigmar version with guns for arms.

That was End Times, and they had crazy big-brain pilot rats grafted onto them.

I'm surprised that we only see stationary doomwheels, and almost relieved that warplock jezzails and warpfire throwers aren't in the game. (That I've seen, anyway.)

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Night10194 posted:

Saltzpyre's pistols will waste gasrats and stuff just fine. More importantly, he can fire them on the move really well. It's partly because the pistols I have for him are my only blue for him, I suppose, but I'm quite fond of them.

I have green pistols with a 99% chance to penetrate, and they're really nice on hordes.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

The pistols are all around good against everything, as they also have armor penetration, so will cause hits on even Stormvermin, and if going full-auto can take down multiples of them if you manage to hit them in the head a few times.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ChickenHeart posted:

The Ratogre needs the ability to hurl unwilling clanrats at distant players.

I swear that the developer said the rat ogre could do this in one of the streams. Maybe they took it out for some reason.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I think the game needs more extra special map specific final bosses.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I am sad. I've just ran an Hard Horn map and the pubbies I was with insisted on using the horn glitch to win it :( The bad thing is, you really can't do anything if they want to, since there's no way you'll survive in any other spot by yourself.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Night10194 posted:

I got blue pistols with headcracker, headshot ratogres by dumping into its rear end :getin:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mine have Targeteer and something useless, but Targeteer is so helpful on them that I don't care.

• Locked thread