Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

I don't think there's any debate that Bengi is world class.

In spring split people were demanding that he be replaced. I think he's a great example for why you can get by with a lesser jungler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

In spring split people were demanding that he be replaced. I think he's a great example for why you can get by with a lesser jungler.

I was mostly joking, but I do think he's been playing extremely well for the last few months.

I'm not sure if I agree that you really can get by with a mediocre jungler, I need to think about it more. It's an interesting idea, though. My initial thought is that it really depends on the meta at the time.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Jungler is an inherently poo poo role to play in competitive, with the most enormous resource gap between standard and competitive play. You have to be loving outstanding to even have anything approaching a solid impact in the game, and almost all of the high pressure team fight scenarios are on you to both initiate the fight and close out the objective.

It's not surprising that a lot of guys are unable to make big plays happen on Cinderhulk/Aegis/Sightstone Gragas against 300-400 CS solo laners.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

Bengi was not good in the spring split. He got better. Problem solved!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
They brought in a sub to threaten replacing him. The sub was doing pretty well for a completely-new-to-pro-league player. Bengi started getting better.

:iiam:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Keith should stay in the challenger scene for NA managers to threaten their players with

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Better idea: SKT T1 rents out Tom to teams so they can threaten their own junglers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bengi never even got visibly better just the meta changed towards one that was way more complimentary of him. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing the return of Beongi and fans screaming to replace him again

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
The new patch notes has a certain C9 reference:

quote:

Fixed a sneaky bug where Scrying Orb had a smaller radius after levelling up.

VISION RADIUS 400 at level 9 ⇒ 550 at level 9"

So it was a bug after all!

exethan posted:

Keith should stay in the challenger scene for NA managers to threaten their players with

He's on C9's challenger team as of now so it should work!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Doesn't really matter if Bengi is individually the best jungler in the world, SKT gets more out of him than any other team gets out of their junglers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

Bengi never even got visibly better just the meta changed towards one that was way more complimentary of him. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing the return of Beongi and fans screaming to replace him again
"He didn't get better, the game just got easier for him" is basically what you're saying.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

rabidsquid posted:

He was falling flat mechanically a lot. I wouldn't call him a superstar at it now but he plays solid and even manages to make a really smart (out)play now and again.

fe this too:

Smol posted:

Doesn't really matter if Bengi is individually the best jungler in the world, SKT gets more out of him than any other team gets out of their junglers.

MaRin is a terror, Faker is Faker and Bang and Wolf are no slouches. If your 5th player just manages a "not poo poo" performance that's probably all you need.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 28, 2015

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It must've been something really hosed. Take a read of this:

quote:

Chris and I worked together for several months on a transparent improvement plan to keep his relationship with the company on track. The nature of that plan is confidential to respect Chris. The results of it led to unsatisfactory outcomes and our eventual request for him to step down. It speaks to Chris’s character that he was willing to improve himself from the beginning. He acknowledged our concerns, took diligent notes, and showed signs of progression. In time the nature of the issues regarding his performance and conduct became insurmountable.

I'm guessing either drugs/alcohol or anger issues. Best of luck to the dude in sorting out whatever it is, but man is 2016 NA LCS looking loving crummy right now.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Looking at their plans for the future I get the feeling they're trying to swing power out from the mid lane. With them adding a pre-baron buff for top to fight over, and ADC item changes.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Calax posted:

Looking at their plans for the future I get the feeling they're trying to swing power out from the mid lane. With them adding a pre-baron buff for top to fight over, and ADC item changes.

Hilariously enough, they're tuning Quinn with an eye to being strong in the midlane. Knowing their past rework cognizance, this means she's going to become an unstoppable jungler banned in 87% of professional games.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If you haven't seen it yet they're giving Quinn a new ultimate that just gives her multiplicative move speed that has no cooldown. "Quinn can make it to mid lane tower with Homeguard boots before the duration runs out"

I'm glad I'll get to use Tay Swift Quinn at last.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa-4774Z6b8

gently caress Bengi haters :colbert:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Vermain posted:

Hilariously enough, they're tuning Quinn with an eye to being strong in the midlane. Knowing their past rework cognizance, this means she's going to become an unstoppable jungler banned in 87% of professional games.

riot: "why is no one playing kindling, the jungle marksman????"
birdbitch supreme: VALOR TO ME

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

And Kog is going to be able to break the attack speed cap with his W

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/whbJ5lH1-the-preseasoning-day-1-open-forum-discussion?comment=00110000

Rito gives a rundown of the basic concept changes.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
The mystery of bengi is where his once very good mechanics went

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Disinterested posted:

The mystery of bengi is where his once very good mechanics went
화장의

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Of makeup?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Babes beware, C9 was unable to keep Charlie contained. He's apparently with another LCS team now. Why would anyone realistically hire him? I don't know.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

That's not bathroom, bathroom is 화장실.

화장의 means "of makeup" or "of cremation".

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i like that play but just post a video :cmon:

Killed By Death posted:

Babes beware, C9 was unable to keep Charlie contained. He's apparently with another LCS team now. Why would anyone realistically hire him? I don't know.

:coolfish:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

exethan posted:

i like that play but just post a video :cmon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa-4774Z6b8

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLRh2nmnwNI

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Proclick.

Edit: Seriously, Dandy is the best jungler in the world and probably the history of league of legends. I don't care if he plays toplane now, he's probably still the best jungler in the world.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 29, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Is that the only pro malzahar pick ever

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I had nearly forgotten the hilarious Looper disrespect game during S4 on Singed versus Dyrus.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
That's probably my favorite part about Bengi. His "I got this poo poo" moments. I remember watching that game and just cackling. God he is always such an rear end in a top hat Nunu, too.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

I think CJ played it once in the last year. Might have been Coco trying to style I can't remember which game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Calax posted:

This is good because mid has a ridiculous amount of influence on the game atm

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Fingers crossed for Phreak and Quickshot ! :suicide:

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exethan posted:

I remember Snoopeh pulling out the AD jungle Malz, think it was in S3?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Flameingblack posted:

"He didn't get better, the game just got easier for him" is basically what you're saying.

That's how league works and you see it happen all the time. It's not remotely controversial.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Savage Cracker posted:

ugh...

Also, Freaksaus, you're right. Didn't end up too well though, it's that game where Alex Ich got a penta on Kha.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Savage Cracker posted:

And God laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

I'm gonna guess Doa or Monte will be on the desk simply because it's Korean teams. Honestly, as much as we bash him, I think Riv does ok in tri casts because he doesn't have to jazz up "Everyone is csing normally". I'd love a Doa and Kobe to be the two others but *shrugs*

• Locked thread