Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Shaggar posted:

they're ok for looking up a thing every now and then but regular browsing and Netflix? lol no

they're actually quite needs suiting for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah android users think that about their tablets too

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
watch sales are soaring, macs continue to be the only growoth in the entire pc makrekt. thanks timb.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
this first generation ipad retina mini would be ok if I didn't have to completely reset it every couple months because of itunes videos

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

everyone is unsure what to do with their 4ses that have been destroyed by ios 7+ so they are panicking and buying iphone 6ses. meanwhile everyone has realized how pointless anything beyond basic web browsing is for a tablet so theres no reason to upgrade.

lol @ not releasing watch sales. they must be insanely bad.

iphones 4s and iphones 6s

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

u don't need ur id if mom is driving u.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Millstone posted:

Lol chip and signature, gg America

stfu, chip and signature is fine

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

most of us don't actually live in a 1970s warsaw pact place, we don't have to show our papers on a regular basis

lol if you look old enough that you're not carded every time you buy booze

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
every store in maine cards everyone for all alcohol purchases

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
i cant rmemeberb the las ttime i got carded for anyhting

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all the major chain restaurants do too. the only time ur not gonna get carded is when ur friends w/ the bar tender

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

While the iPhone continues to soar, iPad sales dropped for the seventh consecutive quarter and were down 20% compared to the 2014 fourth quarter. The company did not state how many Apple Watches it has sold.

I woulda got a new iPad if they did a update, but instead they're doing the mini and maxi. I just want the size I got but updated

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

eric posted:

Turns out iPads that are a few years old are still needs suiting for browsing and netflix.

mom's ipad 2 still going strong running ios 9.1, the best mobile operating system

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol if you go to major chain restaurants

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Endless Mike posted:

lol if you go to major chain restaurants

if they're large enough to have more than one location, they're too big

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Shaggar posted:

all the major chain restaurants do too. the only time ur not gonna get carded is when ur friends w/ the bar tender

ask your; mom if you cna go somewhere other than applebees on friday nighths then

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i have never been carded at a restaurant. i was recently asked for id at lidl but that's the first time in a while...

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Stux posted:

i cant rmemeberb the las ttime i got carded for anyhting

i got carded when i went to the steve jobs movie at the theatre this weekend...

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
chains and grocery stores are the only places that would take apple ipay anyway.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

chains and grocery stores are the only places that would take apple ipay anyway.

ive use apple pay to buy food at a tiny convenience store in zakopane, poland

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
if you look under 30 they card you at the grocery stores here

my friends have lots of stories of not being carded in restaurants though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

computer parts posted:

my friends have lots of stories of not being carded in restaurants though

sounds like a riveting story

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

mishaq posted:

lol if you look old enough that you're not carded every time you buy booze

I grew my glorious norse beard when I was 17 and have never been carded since.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ZShakespeare posted:

I grew my glorious norse beard when I was 17 and have never been carded since.

congrats on looking like a homeless dude

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

uncurable mlady posted:

but not as good as a retina macbook pro

timb, release the Skylake MBPR

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

when i get carded at a bar i threaten to buy the place and then fire the bouncer, then i call my lawyer and proceed to do so

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

This is custom-fitting pieces together

*shotgun blast* This is using modern interchangeable parts

AND THIS... IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND...

quote:

Apple is apparently taking the time to custom-fit all sorts of pieces in the MacBook through a process it calls “binning.” Since there can be minuscule variances that might make, for instance, the Force Touch trackpad not a perfect fit for the body or the super-thin Retina display not exactly a match for the top of the case, Apple finds matching parts from the production line. Even the thickness of the stainless steel Apple Logo, which replaced the backlit logo on previous MacBook models, can vary by a micron or so, meaning Apple needs to find a top with the right cutout depth.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Cocoa Crispies posted:

iphones 4s and iphones 6s

ice cream sandwich

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

windows laptops are more economically efficient by going in the bin as a final assembled computer

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i guess that's a reasonable alternative if you've elected not to ensure that your products are manufactured correctly in the first place

tim is blazing new trails in the art and science of cutting corners

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm loving this iPad. wonder why sales are down

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

everybody likes their iPad so much, they never have to buy a new one :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
dear timm... hwy the gently caress does ios now auto capitallise the letter x by itself?? ur ruining my texts. namaste.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Silver Alicorn posted:

tablets are a mostly dead paradigm because tons of people have huge phones. also theres no reason to upgrade from older ipads because they still just work.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
that reminds me, I should upgrade my mom's mini to the new one. looks like a thanksgiving project

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

that reminds me, I should upgrade my mom's mini to the new one. looks like a thanksgiving project

why? ive got my mom on a late 2009 mini with an ssd and its definitely mom needs suiting

im still rocking my early 2011 mini, it'd be nice to get a new one but eh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the ipad is really good at some stuff and even an old one is still really good at that stuff I'm only going to eventually upgrade for force touch since it's not like there's much left to do wrt them being smaller, thinner or faster

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Silver Alicorn posted:

tim has an intense focus on destroying the ipad brand by rolling out new sizes and configurations that vanishingly few people actually want because he's terrified of microsoft and amazon

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
my mom still has an ipad2 or something (stuck on ios 5? sure why not) and my wife uses an ipad3

no real need to upgrade

e:

son broke his grandpa's ipad mini 2 so of course my dad's got the latest ipad mini *shrug* but that's it right, it's coming down to replacement or whatever

e2:

just looked and my ipad mini's down to 35 gigs free again (out of 128) so that next reset's gonna be in a couple weeks now

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

broken clock opsec posted:

my mom still has an ipad2 or something (stuck on ios 5? sure why not) and my wife uses an ipad3

no real need to upgrade

e:

son broke his grandpa's ipad mini 2 so of course my dad's got the latest ipad mini *shrug*

mom on ipad 2 with 9.1, dad on ipad 3 with 8.something because he lives far away and i haven't had time to janitor it

• Locked thread